Dabpress Rosin Plates

Grifo

That's what I'm talking about!! :rockon:gotta give the resin heads a second to melt and flow through the plant material. It's really a fairly gentle process once you start seeing how little pressure it takes to start flowing.
yeah im really impatient sometimes, but this time i was like relax bro the press isnt going anywhere. Last Friday i wasted 5 grams because i pressed too fast and wrinkled the paper causing it to tear, i lost rosin but i got enough to take a couple dabs and learn from the experience. But yes very little pressure is needed and now i know to chill out next time.

MinnBobber

That's what I'm talking about!! :rockon:gotta give the resin heads a second to melt and flow through the plant material. It's really a fairly gentle process once you start seeing how little pressure it takes to start flowing.
?? I previously tried the following but is it worth it?
I thought the "flow" might be better IF the puck started at a temp closer to the
pressing temp, with the entire puck at this uniform temp. Then, with less
temp increase needed, the pressing works better. With this pre-heat, the center of the
puck would be up to pressing temp quicker as it starts half way there :)

- I pre-pressed a puck, left it in the metal pre-press, put that in a sealed baggie and placed in sous vide
water at 140 F. After 20 minutes, removed 140 F puck onto parchment and squished.

I thought this might help entire puck get up to 210 F quicker when pressing and maybe make for better flow
from the center (which has the longest way to migrate).

Thoughts?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
?? I previously tried the following but is it worth it?
I thought the "flow" might be better IF the puck started at a temp closer to the
pressing temp, with the entire puck at this uniform temp. Then, with less
temp increase needed, the pressing works better. With this pre-heat, the center of the
puck would be up to pressing temp quicker as it starts half way there :)

- I pre-pressed a puck, left it in the metal pre-press, put that in a sealed baggie and placed in sous vide
water at 140 F. After 20 minutes, removed 140 F puck onto parchment and squished.

I thought this might help entire puck get up to 210 F quicker when pressing and maybe make for better flow
from the center (which has the longest way to migrate).

Thoughts?

That's a very ambitious experiment! is it worth it? Well, Probably not, IMO no need to reinvent the wheel; though I appreciate your creativity. I believe the pressure is really what's responsible for the flow as I can literally feel when I'm one crank away from the rosin to start pouring out. No matter what temp I'm at, it always seems to take that threshold where the PSI gets that oil moving.

Personally I'd save the sous vide for infusing your rosin chips into a fatty carrier oil for edibles.

Frolk

So, I received my dp-bj6t35 press already, along with all the extra goodies. Processing and shipping was crazy fast... I ordered on Friday, it came this afternoon, and I've already pressed a couple 7 gram bags. :rockon:

It came fully assembled, I just made sure everything was nice and snug and thoroughly cleaned before running some homegrown bud I've had curing for several months.

I haven't ran any numbers yet, just wanted to make sure it worked and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed so far. I'll be working to refine my technique and track efficiency as I learn more about this thing.

Anyway, thanks @dabpress.com! Couldn't be happier with the service, and looking forward to testing this sucker out more.

Same here, super happy with service and delivery time!Lovely press!
Well done Dabpress!!!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Howdy folks, I've already reached out to Stu but wanted to pop in here and give you guys a heads up.

Going forward, I'll be performing the duties of Technical Support for Dabpress. My communication on FC will be limited as a company rep, so my participation in other areas of the forum will likely be reduced or discontinued while I am working in this capacity.

Feel free to PM me anytime. I am here to help. I wanna thank Roger @dabpress.com for the opportunity to serve this community.

Grifo

Howdy folks, I've already reached out to Stu but wanted to pop in here and give you guys a heads up.

Going forward, I'll be performing the duties of Technical Support for Dabpress. My communication on FC will be limited as a company rep, so my participation in other areas of the forum will likely be reduced or discontinued while I am working in this capacity.

Feel free to PM me anytime. I am here to help. I wanna thank Roger @dabpress.com for the opportunity to serve this community.
Sweet might as well haha you have helped me so much

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
At what temps should that better work than simple cooking the pucks with butter/oil?

It would be around the same temps, you would just have a bit more control over the decarb process. Probably useful for any type of more delicate infusion that would normally use a double boiler; but yes the traditional gear and methods seems to work fine for most.

But for example you could infuse some dark chocolate and cannabis oil in the sous vide, then snip the corner off the bag and pipe directly into candy molds.

Dude, congrats brother!! I couldn't think of a better person for the gig! :rockon:

Seriously, one of the nicest, most humble, generous, down to earth dudes in the community!

:cheers:

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
fAChLiC.jpg

I did more test with 10 ton bottle jack.
Frame deformed.

So Please choose the similar size and tonage bottle jack to replace.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Can't see the image but i believe you @dabpress.com, goes to show bigger isn't always better :). Found your 6 ton kit online at DH gate last night, saved to my favorite's list ;).

Please look at the bottom plate of frame, I must tell buyer turth.
Don't break the frame with overpressure.

Yes I listed it on DHgate

anasrzi

how easy is it to add a gauge to the jack? Ideally i'd like a little feedback from pressing at certain pressure much like we get feedback on the temp via the PID and time via a minute timer.

Found this for pressure, nice and cheap but only in BAR. Screws into the back of the jack i believe. Not to difficlut to convent BAR mentally in to ton (1 ton = 0.9 BAR).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Pcs-Pre...308210?hash=item41bea43ab2:g:3GwAAOSwEIJanuOJ

So 9 BAR would equate to about 8 ton for argument sake, there about anyway.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
There are some tutorials on fitting a gauge into a bottle jack, that being said, even machinsts would suggest against tapping your own hole into a hydraulic jack and look to source a jack that already has threading for a gauge.

The issue with the gauges are they are very expensive aftermarket. I am unsure on that gauge you linked, the gauges that I am used to seeing are filled with a glycerine type fluid with a service cap on the top.

My advice is to proceed with caution.

I know that Roger is presently searching for a quality gauge that's affordable.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Dear FC Friends, thanks to the contributions and suggestions of members we are happy to present you all with our new cannastorage containers for your precious buds. Capacity is roughly 1 ounce, give or take, depending on how dense the buds are.

Both of these containers are available on the official webstore.

Dp-sc800 Stainless Steel Weed Container (800ml) - $29.99
https://dabpress.com/products/dp-sc800-stainless-steel-weed-container

dabpress-canister-seal-jar-vu-glass-stainless-stell-airtight-container_1024x1024.jpg

Dp-cc1000 Ceramic Weed Container (1000ml) - $19.99
https://dabpress.com/products/dp-cc1000-weed-storage-container

dabpress-1000-ceramic-canister-humidity-packs-62rh-container-6_1024x1024.jpg

We would love to hear your feedback on these new products!

Last edited:

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Dear FC Friends, thanks to the contributions and suggestions of members we are happy to present you all with our new 1 liter storage containers for your precious buds. Both of these containers are available on the official webstore.

Looks awesome! I'll be picking up some of those SS containers when harvest time rolls around to supplement my C-Vaults. The digital hygrometer is a nice feature, if it's decently accurate.

MinnBobber

Wow, didn't know these were in the works. Very nice.
A pic of the SS with soda can too would be nice--for size perspective.

?? In the ceramic, is that natural cork? Is it totally inert , won't add any tastes or absorb any smells??

These look like a natural fit, right above the smaller JyARZ , for bigger stashes.

Love the built-in RH and temp gauge!!!!

Nice job

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Dear FC Friends, thanks to the contributions and suggestions of members we are happy to present you all with our new cannastorage containers for your precious buds. Capacity is roughly 1 ounce, give or take, depending on how dense the buds are.

dabpress-canister-seal-jar-vu-glass-stainless-stell-airtight-container_1024x1024.jpg

They look great! That built in RH meter is really cool.

The new website also looks very nice!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks for the initial feedback! We are working hard on the website, please let us know if there are any difficulties navigating.

@MinnBobber Roger @dabpress.com will be able to elaborate on the cork composition hopefully tonight when they are back at work. Here is a picture of the ceramic storage held in a palm, sorry we don't have a photo next to a soda can at this time, perhaps Roger will entertain us with one!

dabpress-container-for-cannabis-uv-glass-humidity-canister-best-4_1024x1024.jpg

For anyone who wasn't aware, we have a blog on our webstore that has a lot of useful information for rosineers. We hope that it helps answer questions and get folks off to a successful start pressing.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
On the first view the stainless one rocks. But as an alternative to the CVaults they could be worth to be

1) bigger ones (up to 20l?) would be interesting for a lot ofcusotmers

2) is it possible to calibrate the hygrometer?
There is a lot of cheap chinese hygro crap at the market. Have 10 of them myself. They differ up to 15%!

3) which accus do they have?

Alexis

On the first view the stainless one rocks. But as an alternative to the CVaults they could be worth to be

1) bigger ones (up to 20l?) would be interesting for a lot ofcusotmers

2) is it possible to calibrate the hygrometer?
There is a lot of cheap chinese hygro crap at the market. Have 10 of them myself. They differ up to 15%!

3) which accus do they have?
@Hogni Im with you on the hygrometers, I wish they were more universally reliable that would save a lot of headache. One approach is to use a 62% pack in 0.5L jar to test the hygrometer.

Except you are also testing the effectiveness of the pack, and the theory that Bovedas are dead reliable and consistent. So obviously you want a trusty hygrometer for this. I did use this approach myself last year after I realised my Calibre 111's were too inaccurate.

The cheap little Chinese one I got seemed to be much closer and did actually always sit at 62% in a jar with a pack.
It showed some inconsistency later on which reduced my confidence in it a little but for a good while it seemed to be almost spot-on and saved the cure.

Anyway when you have done ALL the homework (and field work) for me and have the results I will be happy to hear about it.;)

MinnBobber

The RH meters will be great for checking the Boveda packs and vice-versa.
Will the 62% show as 62 on the meters.....

I'd also like the RH meters for checking new bud---just for the helluva it.
Pop any new stash in there just to see where it's at.

Nice additions.
I'm drawn less to the cork---but the price is nice. Wait on reports on how "smell-tight" it is :)
And since my entire stash of many strains would probably not fill it----it's for future use.
Like if/when we can legally grow.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer

Thank you!

The 304 stainless steel storage container spend us two months in test. It still have +-3% tolerance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom