Da Buddha

LBsEveryday

Hmm how do you hook up a dbv with out the whip? I thought most of the accessories require a whip to attach to. Do you have a custom wand with male joint?

LBsEveryday,

FatalityxF

Got my DBV in today, aaaand much to my surprise the heating cover came cracked right out of the box :\

Thought I might be able to finesse it onto the heating element and instead it just decided to asplode :(

NnORZje.jpg

Anybody know where I might be able to get a spare heating cover for the DBV? These shims are a PITA as far as I can tell, too... Was really hoping I'd be able to test this thing out today.

FatalityxF,

LBsEveryday

Same thing happened to me twice(my fault). The quickest way would be to find an ebay seller near you(mine arrived @ expected date). You can also try to find sites that may ship near you aswell but the only other route is to go through the main websites which I have no idea how long that takes( processing + s&h).

I am using a new style hc with just shims ATM. Yes the shim & spacers can be a pain. The only way around is to leave it looser and or get the upgraded shim clip. but for now here are some instructions from a fellow fc member @Vitolo :

Most of the time, by tweeking one shim, I get it fine with no second shim. I squeeze the shim at each end slightly out of round... but at one end I do it east to west, and on other end north to south .. so it is in a better shape to hold the HC well.
Some folks use 2 shims and get it snug... some use a shim and a sliver.

FatalityxF

Same thing happened to me twice(my fault). The quickest way would be to find an ebay seller near you(mine arrived @ expected date). You can also try to find sites that may ship near you aswell but the only other route is to go through the main websites which I have no idea how long that takes( processing + s&h).

I am using a new style hc with just shims ATM. Yes the shim & spacers can be a pain. The only way around is to leave it looser and or get the upgraded shim clip. but for now here are some instructions from a fellow fc member @Vitolo :

Most of the time, by tweeking one shim, I get it fine with no second shim. I squeeze the shim at each end slightly out of round... but at one end I do it east to west, and on other end north to south .. so it is in a better shape to hold the HC well.
Some folks use 2 shims and get it snug... some use a shim and a sliver.

This one only came with that one shim as pictured, far as I can tell.

Looking at 7th floor's shipping prices, heh, yeah I'll look on eBay I think...

RE: the new heating cover, Vitolo means to sort of pinch it in a square sort of fashion (as in, more like an oval at first and then turn 90 degrees and do the same) to make a more pointed shim on the corners?

Wonder if this can be done with just the shim I have here, we'll have to see... And I'll have to be super careful...

Wondering if the eBay seller will replace it but unfortunately I neglected to take photos of the damage before I managed to FUBAR it :\

LBsEveryday

Yeah that's what got me as well was shipping, I would say its worth it if you wanted to upgrade your shim to v2 though(as it is the only way).

If you bought it from the same seller I did, they seem respectable I don't see why it wouldn't hurt to ask. I would let them know It was damaged don't tell them you broke it unless they ask for pics(don't lie either though;)).

And yes if you morph the shim you can avoid the spacer all together but yeah be careful. I was really putting too much force on them so I know they're strong but still..

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Hmm how do you hook up a dbv with out the whip? I thought most of the accessories require a whip to attach to. Do you have a custom wand with male joint?

I know you could grab a Transfer Wand from the LSV, and that would work for a all glass in Vapor Path.

I love the "serenity/comfort " using the whip though...

I have my Vape Station on a night stand that is right next to my recliner AKA my "High Chair " and my bed is on the other side.

So, I just chill in my chair, holding my whip and rip... If it's going to be any more than a minute or so between my next draw, I simply remove the wand.

But, I love the process... Get absolutely blitzed with such convenience, then simply roll out of the chair into my bed.

:freak: :zzz:

I do want to get a transfer wand however, particularly for those very rare strains, with very unique Terpene Profiles.

FatalityxF

Either that, or use the shim + custom cut some of my own little shims/spacers (the bar looking things) out of aluminum? Seems like it might be worth a shot

LBsEveryday

I know you could grab a Transfer Wand from the LSV, and that would work for a all glass in Vapor Path.

I love the "serenity/comfort " using the whip though...

Agh forgot all about this haha. I actually remember seeing a honeycomb wand. For some reason I thought you had to get some custom work for a glass on glass idk.

Yeah the whip is definitely useful for multiple locations & straight up lounging, rather than leaning toward your dbv at your vaping station. But, I do get the smell of whips is something that's keen on most everyone's senses.

Now I need to save for a shorty wand and custom glass.. Great.. And @Cemmos did mean those new hc are gonna be produced? Or are those another custom thing your waiting on as well?

Edit: @FatalityxF
I had success with Ti wire before getting extra shims so I would say try it. You can test the airflow by plugging your finger on it.

FatalityxF

While I'm at this, anyone know of a decent place to find a 18.8mm adapter water pipe adapter for the whip?

Since I ordered from DHgate, I feel like the apple might not fall far from the tree... but perhaps someone here knows better.

Would be going with my (yet to arrive) FC-187v2.

@LBsEveryday might try that... have some kanthal laying around here that might do the trick well. Although it's what, only like $25 to fork over for 7th floor to install the new clip (and, IIRC, I get a warranty on top of it?)

Decisions decisions...

Last edited:

Cemmos

Now I need to save for a shorty wand and custom glass.. Great.. And @Cemmos did mean those new hc are gonna be produced? Or are those another custom thing your waiting on as well?
It's actually something you need to email them about and they'll do it for the standard cost of the heater cover you're buying (in my case, $29 for the spherical). That's before the shipping cost though, and they take 4-6 weeks to get it done.

LBsEveryday

While I'm at this, anyone know of a decent place to find a 18.8mm adapter water pipe adapter for the whip?

If you have a china one on the way and I'm not sure if that's the case? I would maybe go for a nicer one like ogb sells with a carb. Not sure if it's even needed but they're sexy.

It's actually something you need to email them about and they'll do it for the standard cost of the heater cover you're buying (in my case, $29 for the spherical). That's before the shipping cost though, and they take 4-6 weeks to get it done.

Oh ok cool I'll need to remember that, and if you don't mind me asking how long did the process of custom glass take for you?

LBsEveryday,

Odyssey

Hi everybody :wave:

I've only been vaping for a little over a month now. The first 4 weeks i used my dbv exclusively (i have 4 vapes that i plan to learn to use properly). My dbv has been pretty good but i felt like i was struggling with my technique. I was not a confident user and i was combusting with it a couple of times a week (yuck, yuck, yuck). I just couldn't get my breathing technique right and had no idea what to do about it. I couldn't even think of what questions i could ask so that i could improve...

...then along came @Hashtag46&2 and @Odyssey!

I didn't even know that a whistle sound came from the heater :doh:. Once the abovementioned vapists mentioned this whistling sound, they gave me a reference point for my breathing technique! Suddenly everything fell into place and almost straight away i was able to use my dbv with confidence! For the first time i could actually work out how fast or slow i was inhaling. It changed everything!

So, @Hashtag46&2 and @Odyssey: you two vapor experts have transformed the way i use my dbv. You two rock :rockon:.

I used to really like this vape but now it just blows me away:love:.

Thankyou so much :)

Awww it's no problem man, you honor me too much! ;) Nothing makes me happier than seeing someone, or experiencing it myself, those epiphanies of utter elation and understanding of something that once stumped us badly! That is the true Odyssey, the scientific-empirical journey and quest for high seas! :rockon:

I love just watching, listening, and feeling how gold-standard units like the DBV can do so much in such a simply designed yet straightforwardly practical and efficient way that makes empirical observation and quantification a blessedly, highly enjoyable task. Alas, I am still an apprentice toker, a student of psychology as well as the science of getting high!:sherlock:

Also, NGD! :love::bowdown::brow::D:luv::leaf::leaf::leaf:
EH1KFDv.jpg

oq8tNbs.jpg

:leaf::leaf::leaf:

bella

I was actually going to give up on the dbv and just use it as a (rather expensive) aromatherapy device. No chance of that happening now!

@Odyssey and @Hashtag46&2: you're welcome! It's people like you two who make FC such a great place and enable uncoordinated people like me to learn to use our vapes properly :tup:. You're right about elation @Odyssey - i was really struggling and now i'm loving my dbv. I actually am feeling elated...and very high, lol :rofl:.

Cemmos

Oh ok cool I'll need to remember that, and if you don't mind me asking how long did the process of custom glass take for you?
Oh, I should have clarified before. It's custom, but they're pre-made custom pieces on 7th Floor's website, so I got them in a few days after shipping. But they also do completely custom pieces which should take the same 4-6 week time frame.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Where do you buy the 14 or 19mm male adapters for the whip to use with bubbles?
Directly from 7Th Floor

http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/index.php/dabuddhavaporizer/dbv-accessories.html

These guys are awesome, I believe most of 7th Floor glass is blown by the guys at H.E.M.P, .. Tread lightly ... or your "cart" will be full before you know it:).. They have a lot of custom work that I really like...
https://higherelevations.net

Or make some calls to your local headshop... If they sell vaporizers, chances are they probably have WTAs on hand.

Alternatively, the whip tubing fits nicely in an 14mm downstem, and for 18-19mm, you could simply wrap some Teflon Tape (plumbers tape) around the end of the tubing to make an air-tight seal.

Last edited:

Pheonix239

So this might be a dumb question but I just want to make sure before I make a purchase. I want to get a new wand for my DBV and I really like the custom wands but I guess they stopped making them for the DBV. If I get one of the SSV custom ground glass wands it should fit my DBV right?

LBsEveryday

Given its 18.8 mm yes I'm
Using an ssv wand right now(not custom). If you look at previous posts people have posted their custom sets.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
So this might be a dumb question but I just want to make sure before I make a purchase. I want to get a new wand for my DBV and I really like the custom wands but I guess they stopped making them for the DBV. If I get one of the SSV custom ground glass wands it should fit my DBV right?
Ye sir!! Either one of the links I posted above will either have custom gear on hand, or both links will allow you to "Create your own Custom Glass"

Actually, not sure if the Direct 7th floor link has that option, but you can always e-mail what you would like made for you, you may have better luck calling 7th Floor.(number can be found in the link)

The "Higher Elavations" link is really fun, create your skin, HC, Wand, multiple colored tubing.

Overseas or even in US of A , Namaste Vapes has some cool shit that I've yet to see here.

Hashtag46&2,

Pheonix239

Cool, thanks guys. Did anyone else get an email about an Oct sale? I don't see it mentioned on the site and I'm not finding a discount code or anything in the email.

never mind, figured it out haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Chainfish

can use the transfer wand of the lsv, i need to balance my dbv on 2 thickish books for the mouthpiece to be at correct height. but that all depends on height of chair and table i suppose :)

Chainfish,

Herb-nerd

7th Floor: Engineer & Designer
Company Rep
Just a quick message for the European and UK members - i am now fully furbished to do official 7th floor repairs in the UK for a faster turnaround.
From dimmer and heater replacements to heater stand upgrades. There is also now a UK stock of spares.

I will try and figure out a way to get this info more accessible soon. Until then i am available by PM or email.

Thanks!

I have a Bong with 2 percs (similar to this http://www.wearebaked.com/wp-conten...f-Elite-Beaker-Base-6-arm-Percolator-Bong.jpg) but I feel like there's too much drag to get the best hits... I was thinking the D020-D bubbler (http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d020-d-bubbler-glass-water-percolator-smoking/187214099.html) would be a better choice as it has nice percolation, but minimal drag. What are your guys' opinions? Is the drag no big deal, should I just adjust my draw speed?

Also, I get pretty dense and visible vapor at 2:00-3:00 but often turn my weed black... I don't taste anything I think is combustion and don't smell it either, is black weed just an indication I've used most of the THC?

Excuse my bad formatting, I am new to the forum and to my Buddha.. :)

JimmyCricket

I have a Bong with 2 percs (similar to this http://www.wearebaked.com/wp-conten...f-Elite-Beaker-Base-6-arm-Percolator-Bong.jpg) but I feel like there's too much drag to get the best hits... I was thinking the D020-D bubbler (http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/d020-d-bubbler-glass-water-percolator-smoking/187214099.html) would be a better choice as it has nice percolation, but minimal drag. What are your guys' opinions? Is the drag no big deal, should I just adjust my draw speed?

Also, I get pretty dense and visible vapor at 2:00-3:00 but often turn my weed black... I don't taste anything I think is combustion and don't smell it either, is black weed just an indication I've used most of the THC?

Could be your draw speeds, but I have a D020-D and it is easy to pull from hooked up just by stuffing the whip into a 14mm reducer. Turning your herbs black is definitely an indication that you are extracting your flower to the very limits, perhaps even too far. I usually go for more of a dark brown, almost black, but not straight black. 2-3 o'clock are very high temps especially if you draw slowly and or pack larger bowls. I usually never go past 2 o'clock, most of the time staying around 12 -1 o'clock, but it's all personal preference really.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician

Hello my friend...

@JimmyCricket beat me to it.

There are lots of members here using the DO20-D paired with their DBV,as well as many other vaporizers.
That being said, I think it will be perfect for you.

Black material, is charring your Cannabis, you are on the verge of combustion.

The higher your temp, the faster you will want to draw.

I too like 12-1 o'clock position .

Welcome to FC and the Da Buddha Club.

Top Bottom