Da Buddha

steiner666

Serial vapist
GreenWizard said:
...unit is working nice for now and vaping about 5 grams per day :ko:
:ko: is right, holy shit, 5 grams a day :lol: thats closer to my weekly usage. You must be able to harvest a good amount of wandhash, what? every other day? lol.

Man, speaking of wandhash. I had a bit of accidental combustion (i know *blush*) last night and I HATE the flavor of hits after any amount of smoke is sucked through the whip. So i immediately pulled out the hose and pitched it and scraped the wand and then boiled it. I vaped some of the wandhash is my spare wand while that one was drying and BLEH it tasted like smoke! Just a tiny bit of combustion TOTALLY ruins the most delicious and favorite thing to vape for me :( This will probably make me compulsively scrape my wands at least twice as frequently as before to avoid letting this much go to waste again.

word of advice, if you're vaping at a temp and its working ok w/o combustion and then you grind the bowl down really fine and go to vape it again, maybe turn the temp down a notch when you do. I'm not sure if more powdery stuff burns easier or if it compacts itself and blocks and slows airflow more, but something bad happened that i totally wasn't expecting.

GreenWizard said:
I had one gray scratch ... but very light... my heater is little bend forward too but it has probably happened during shipping and i haven`t tried to push it... unit is working nice for now and vaping about 5 grams per day :ko:
Daggone! 5 grams a day?!?! I wouldn't have the time, let alone the mind, to vape that much in a day. Is that amount vaped all by yourself? Whew, richer blood than me.
And my heater on my ssv is slightly bent to the side, but not enough to touch the glass, so it is fine, and it does work great. If I were you I wouldn't worry about moving it, as it's probably fine.

darth_vapor

...arg. Ordered on 18th. Shipped on 19th. Today 27th. FL is only 2 states away. FedEx home delivery, please hurry up!

darth_vapor,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
Yea i had nice harvest last year bout 30 f plants, only 3 hybrids and the others are middle-low quality.
I allways smoke a lot of bud so now when i got the buddha it is a lot better... Friend of mine came over yesterday , tested the buddha for a second time and as expected dropped some in the heater... now you reminded me why the taste is still half good after that... i washed it the day before but i do not save hash residue so i also clean or change the sceen frequently ! I might start saving when my stash get low but i doubt it :lol:
My girlfriend is helping me from time to time.

GreenWizard,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Dude, the wandhash is the best part of using a wand vape IMO. It's one of the great things about vaporizing, whereas with smoking scraping pipes and smoking "resin" or collecting and smoking roaches was something that you did when you were out of options as that was the only time you could stand the horrible taste and harshness of that tar coated crap. Wandhash is the complete opposite, it's actually BETTER than vaping just regular bud, gets me about 4x as high at least lol. And as long as you dont combust through the wand and taint the flavor, the taste is incredible. It makes my tongue tingle when i vape it for some reason.

I boiled my wands this weekend and while i was at it, i put a funnel in one end of the hoses and ran some scalding hot water through them for a while. Cleaned them out surprisingly well, and drying them wasn't too hard cause i just blew through them as hard as i could (easier to do w/o a mouthpiece on them) and that got a majority of the water drops out, then i hooked the wands back up and took some dry hits with my dbv cranked to help dry it out more. Also, the one hose that was pretty badly coiled up (so bad that it often pulled my wand out of the dbv if i moved more than a foot away from it) is much straighter now.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
steiner...I just watched tokin's wand hash video and he likes to smoke his. I would rather not smoke it, but have had little luck vaping extracts from my Extreme. Do you vape your wand hash, and if so, is there anything in particular you do to get good results?

stickstones,

baurman

I got a question about the Aroma Top for these bad boys.... I got a free sample of herbs and I was wondering so I just pour the herb on the top and leave the heat on? Or am I supposed to fill it with Warm water and then put the herb in the water and let the water boil a bit? I'm just not smelling anything when I put my herbs on there at all. Maybe this will work better with the Wax Ball instead since that actually melts as opposed to putting the herb on there. Also, is it safe to pack a bowl of these Lavender herbs, Chamomile, etc... and inhale it like we do with our bud? Is that what they mean by the Aromatherapy by inhaling the Lavender, Chamomile, or are they talking about putting it on the Aroma Top and letting the scent fill the room?

baurman,

max

Out to lunch
The Aroma Top is for essential oils, not herbs. And water won't boil in it either.

Also, is it safe to pack a bowl of these Lavender herbs, Chamomile, etc...
Yes, vapes are for other herbs, as well as THE herb.

Last edited by a moderator:
max,

steiner666

Serial vapist
stickstones said:
steiner...I just watched tokin's wand hash video and he likes to smoke his. I would rather not smoke it, but have had little luck vaping extracts from my Extreme. Do you vape your wand hash, and if so, is there anything in particular you do to get good results?
I put my wandhash in my keef tray as i collect it and shake it around to get it covered in kief (totally optional, but i like doing it this way since i dont have a pollen press or any better way to use the kief up) and then i put a little bit of herb in the bowl and then drop a few pieces of hash on top of it and then use something to smoosh it on top of it a bit. I can get about 6 good hits out of it at least usually without stirring. I use the same temp as i do for vaping regular herb and it works fine (somewhere around 12-1). After the hits get thin and start tasting a bit like abv i try to stir the top lightly (try to stir the hash w/o disturbing the herb below it too much so the hash stays on top) . A couple times ive been out of fresh herb and just loaded up some abv and put the hash on it and it worked just as well. If you use fresh herb you can stir it again and mix the bowl up well to make sure you get everything out of the herb.

The herb just helps keep the hash/kief away from the screen so it doesnt melt/suck through, smooshing the hash in a thin even layer on the top has been the best way i've come up with so far because it exposes as much surface area as possible and it stays in place (so the hash doesnt just fall down to one side of the bowl when you tip it to put it in the dbv) and vapes pretty evenly.

@baurman

I'm not entirely sure on that. The only thing i've used in my aroma top is undiluted essential oils. I've heard ppl talk about wax melts and such working, but i've never heard of anyone using actual dry herbs in it. I imagine if you maybe broke/grinded the herb a bit and put a bit of water with it and turned your dbv up high it should release some sort of smell, but i'm not sure whether it will be that potent. I'm not 100%, but i've always assumed that the aromatherapy usage of this would be loading up a bowl of the herb and vaping it, but i've never tried anything but ganja. Kinda always viewed the aromatherapy usage of vaporizers as being an alibi or excuse for buying one if/when someone got caught lol. Maybe someone else here has experience with it though.

steiner666,

baurman

Alright, so I was just doing it wrong. I thought if I just put these Lavender herbs on the top it would release a smell. Should've known to of gotten the Wax or Oil instead! But I also read that someone said putting Water in the Aroma Top and putting a few drops of oil is better than just putting the drops of oil right into the glass? How bout with the wax? do I just set that on top by itself or do I need to put a little water to help it out?

I am open to experiment with other herbs as well, like Jasmine is said to give you slight euphoria... I'm not sure how safe it is though, same with Lavender and also relaxes you. Although I don't need to vaporize that to relax me if I have some grade A medicine

baurman,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks Steiner...I'm close to scraping that thing out. I was gonna wait til I run out in a month or so, but maybe I'll get on it sooner like you do.

stickstones,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I should note that, while i do vape the wandhash at the same ~12 o'clock temp as i do regular herb, having the flattened layer of hash on top does restrict the airflow a bit more than a regular bowl, so in the end the hits are probably a bit slower/hotter than my normal.

steiner666,

scottydo42

i have had my buddha for almost 2 months now and the hemp bag and tubing is starting to smell like burnt bud/popcorn. Is there a way to get rid of this smell because its stinking up my closet and the bag that it's in

scottydo42,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Well any sort of fabric will retain odors pretty good. I personally have only used my dbv bag once or twice when i took it to a friends house, I dont use it daily like it sounds like you do. If you're worried about the smell i would say get some big ziplock freezer bags and store your stuff in them, especially your whips because thats the main source of odor. Or even if you just put everything in a big garbage bag and tied it up.

As for cleaning the hose, I usually just take off the mouthpiece and wand and boil those and while i'm at it i hold one end of the hose up to the faucet and run really hot water through it ( i use a little funnel to help avoid burning my hand) for a while. I'm not sure how well this gets rid of smell, but it does get rid of some of the brown build up, so i imagine it helps. Maybe put a bit of iso in it and shake it around for a minute or so and then rinse it out really well.

Other than that, i'd say febreeze (or maybe wash? im not sure) the carrying case and stop using it to store your dbv in. If i was a teenager living with my parents again, i think my ideal stash for my dbv would be in a ziplock bag inside of an old gutted PC case buried under dirty clothes in my closet lol.

I love that i can leave mine out in the open at all times, even if kids or landlords come by all i do is stash my whip and leave my DBV out. If anyone asks i tell them its an oil diffuser, and since i usually have some sort of cinnamon/vanilla bean or jasmine/eucalyptus oils in it, they believe it without question. I think the key with using scents and stuff is to find a scent that mixes well with the weed/abv odor (like a musky spicey sort of smell like the vanilla bean and such), rather than just trying to overpower it with something that smells nothing like it, like the flowery stuff.

If you still notice a smell and/or are paranoid about others detecting it, try some spring cleaning. My g/f smokes cigarettes and it bothers me, but I find that if i get a bucket of soapy water and wipe down the walls and any other hard surface with it and vacuum the carpet, rugs, drapes it helps a lot with getting rid of the odor.

steiner666,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
So whats up everyone!!!! :D:D:D Lovin this forum. So I've had my Buddha for about a week now and it's been a battle to say the least. I've been sharing this bad boy with the wife and she's been a tad slower in the learning dept. I think a poster back said to get a new wife ... LoLs :brow:

So let me share our experiences with you all, might help a few, give a good laugh to the others.

1st off I just have to say this thing is the shizzle!! I bought a black Buddha off eBay and have a standard wand etc. We both love the heck out of it but are still getting a handle on it.

In about the week or so that we've had this thing I'll have to say we've combusted at least 3 or 4 bowls
inside of the wand so that sucks and she's blown BACK into the heater at least a half a dozen times :o

I've even had to soak the heater cover once to get all the burnt crap out, tasted horrible. Also of note, we've had burnt on herb stuck to the actual heater as well. I was really worried once, the entire end of the thing was gray instead of white. I thought it was toast for sure, but I simply cleaned it off with a tissue and water and turned it on full power for a few mins. Seems to still be working fine. So this thing has taken a serious beating as far as combustion is concerned and it's still working great.

Another mistake I made right off the bat was taking the temp knob off. I was stoned and wanted to see what the connection looked like, figured I could find a cool knob at Radio Shack. Well with me taking that knob off I failed to remember to note where it sat in the off position. So now I'm all screwed up on where it should be set temp wise but I think I got it figured out.

She likes it HOT so she gets the huge vapor hits but this sometimes causes her to choke and cough back into the device grrrrrrrr. She says it's not her fault but a faulty design lol.

Anywho... I've been tempted to try the standard heater cover and wand from the SSV to see if that would help her to not leave the wand connected. Also just wanna try the different style since I end up stirring after every hit anyway.

For those that want to customize, I also was messing around on the SSV site and they have GG 19mm standard wands that would fit the Buddha just fine and have some COLOR to them kinda like the SSV wands. So why buy a plain jane wand when u could get one with color!!! Too cool.

I've read EVERY page on this Buddha forum so I know that the SSV and Buddha heater covers are interchangable but has anyone done it? Has anyone done it and reported back the results or shown pics????

Enough rambling... back to work :(

daddygreenjeans,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
daddygreenjeans said:
I've read EVERY page on this Buddha forum so I know that the SSV and Buddha heater covers are interchangable but has anyone done it? Has anyone done it and reported back the results or shown pics????
Are the heater covers of the ssv and buddha interchangeable?
it would be nice if you can get the ssv heater cover angle on a buddha without spending anything extra :o

audiodelic,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
The angle won't be there of course but the heater cover should fit and line up with the holes on our Buddha right?????????? I know I read that someplace but I'm not good at searching and I'm not going thru 25 pages of posts lols.

daddygreenjeans,

Nicholas Wolfwood

Man I must be doing something wrong =/ Wandhash from what I have experienced isnt anything special, but everyone says otherwise. I just try brushing a piece of bud and impale it with the poker and then just brush the wand hash onto the bud and smoke it, is that not an effective method? Where is tokin's video located? (searching threads this long is quite difficult)

Nicholas Wolfwood,

dbvASU

I recently bought the DBV but envy a few features in the SSV. The part about the SSV that I like the most is the custom glass knob and the heater cover style, and I would love to get that feature onto the DBV. I figure this could be done with a shortened SSV heater cover to accommodate the hole on the DBV frame. Do you guys ever seen anything like this?

dbvASU,

greenganja

dbvASU said:
I recently bought the DBV but envy a few features in the SSV. The part about the SSV that I like the most is the custom glass knob and the heater cover style, and I would love to get that feature onto the DBV. I figure this could be done with a shortened SSV heater cover to accommodate the hole on the DBV frame. Do you guys ever seen anything like this?
A shorter heater cover maybe possible. I was taking a look at the 7th Floor site (http://www.silversurfervap.com/heater_covers.htm) and noticed one that may possibly work. I am not exactly sure if this would work. You would need to give them a call to make sure. But if that ends up not working then you might be able to have one custom made some where. Here is a sample of Clear Dome Glass Extreme vape accessories here. http://www.etsy.com/shop/revolverre. Just a suggestion, but not sure if Clear Dome would be able to accommodate such a request for the DBV.

greenganja,

theeleventhhour

I go for pure functionality, and as such, would see no reason to want to change anything at all on the DBV to SSV specifications. The way the hands-free wand slides into the heater cover is practgically foolprof and shows no noticeable degradation besides a bit of buildup after 2 months of practically constant use. The vape is consistent and reliable and solid and effective and it can get all the THC out of the herb, no question. Heater covers and angles and knobs seem a little superfluous to me and possibly even hampering; I don't know, maybe I'm no fun.

theeleventhhour,

steiner666

Serial vapist
theeleventhhour said:
I go for pure functionality, and as such, would see no reason to want to change anything at all on the DBV to SSV specifications. The way the hands-free wand slides into the heater cover is practgically foolprof and shows no noticeable degradation besides a bit of buildup after 2 months of practically constant use. The vape is consistent and reliable and solid and effective and it can get all the THC out of the herb, no question. Heater covers and angles and knobs seem a little superfluous to me and possibly even hampering; I don't know, maybe I'm no fun.
After using a DBV multiple times a day for almost half a year and now using a SSV, I'd have to disagree. The DBV is a great vape, and yes it's reliable and solid and effective and all those things. With the SSV i find the herb gets much more evenly vaped, and all you have to do is just rotate the bowl as you hit it.

In the DBV, even though it has a wider opening for the hot air to get through, i found that one side of the bowl always got way more vaped than the other. If i load a fresh green bowl in the DBV and take a hit, i would see that about 1/3-1/4 of the exposed surface area looks a bit tan while the rest is still largely green. Sure, if you stir well between every hit, your load will still get fairly evenly vaped in the end, but if you dont or if some of the stuff that was vaped well during the first hit finds itself back in the bowls "hot spot" on the next hit, you'll start to get a hint of ABV flavor.

With the SSV's bowl and heater cover, as long as you dont just hold it completely still and focused on one part of the bowl for too long, you wont get that ABV taste until the very end of the bowl because everything is getting vaped more evenly (i can tell because everything gets slowly browned at the same rate). 4-6 hits into a DBV bowl we could all taste the burnt popcorn, a dozen hits into the same size load in a SSV before that is detectable.

I think that if the DBV didnt use ground glass and the bowl could be twisted easily while hittting, it would eliminate the "hot spot" that I had a problem with. I know someone else with a DBV who has observed the same thing, so I'm doubting that was just me and mine. And sure, you can just start off vaping at a lower temp and slowly work your way up to a temp that will thoroughly vape the load, but thats just more fidgeting and time-consuming than what I'm looking for.

This, in addition to the angle and opening size not allowing herb to accidentally go into the heatercover are the main reasons i decided to switch to a SSV, not so much the fancier cosmetics or anything. Just my :2c: If someone has a budget that doesnt allow for more than $200 to be spent on a vape, i would definitely recommend a DBV, but if price isnt too important, i do think the SSV is worth the premium.

Last edited by a moderator:
steiner666,
Top Bottom