Da Buddha

kelsec

Why are most wands female tipped? Male tips seem much more secure.. maybe I just answered my own question.

kelsec,
Isn't it because that's what Vapor Bros. uses, and we know how many knockoffs of their product are on the market.

Also on another note, a great idea I had was instead of spending $25, or whatever, on the Aroma top, to just to to a local store and pick up a cheap diffuser dish, I got one for like 50 cents at a second hand store. and it fits great on top of my DBV. It's great if you want to be super stealth.

GreenGenie,
Reactions: Sonics420

DR5595

After you clean your da buddha, can you use it before its completely dry (if theres still water droplets in the wand)?

DR5595,

steiner666

Serial vapist
msemcee said:
What whip can I buy that has a chamber similar to this for my Buddha? A male connection. I don't want weed falling into the heating element!
http://www.vapeworld.com/vaporizer-parts/deluxe-hands-free-whip-wand-set
If you do find any that fit the bill, post here and let me know cause i'd be interested in that. I occasionally have issues with blow-back when i've got my DBV hooked up to my 24" bong, but not when i'm just whippin' it. If you're having that happen a lot you should probably try loading smaller bowls, packing them in a bit tighter, and take smaller hits so that you can maintain better control of your breathing. I've only once had herb go into my heater cover when just using the whip, and that's because my friend pull the mouthpiece close to his face and then exhaled and took a big breath b4 his hit, and in so doing he blew into the wand.

@ DR5595: Yes, but i usually dry mine first because i imagine stuff will cake up slower if the surface is dry/clean. After I boil my wand I usually dry hit through it a bit with the temp kinda high, drys it out pretty fast. The important thing is that your screen isnt when when you load it up or else it will probably get clogged fast(er).

@ kelsec: no, but i think my friend has one. he always says that his buddha (he got through ebay) came with a different wand than the 2 I got through Tokin/7th Flr. The only main different, by the looks of it, is price, its about double what a reg buddha wand costs. Check the official DBV site.

And as far as the screen issues, I think you guys need to get in teh habit of blowing through your wands after every use. If you do this from the start with your clean wand/screen, you'll notice it will stay cleaner for much longer. Also, you can turn your DBV up to near max and take some fast hits to help clear it out if your screens clogged and you dont want to bother with taking it out and soaking it in iso alcohol (my preferred way of cleaning).

But, with the 3 new screens i still have that came with my DBV and the 4 or so I got with the spare wand I ordered, I'm not too worried about screens lol.

steiner666,

BlazedAndConfused

Formerly mr.nicksta
just got DBV today guys :D

it's been a hell of a long wait! i ordered around the start of december to the UK. i enquired about adding an extra wand after i placed the order to which they took a while to respond. so i emailed back saying don't worry about the extra wand i'll just get it at a later date - since they took a while to reply to the first email i decided not to delay thing even further by amending the order!

so months pass, i'm emailing them every now and then, i've had no tracking number etc. email them some more, no response. then out of the blue end of jan i get an email saying they've been waiting for my response to amending my order!! i emailed them back explained the situation, that i had emailed them multiple times, and still no response!

luckily a few days later i got a tracking number, then tracked the package online and they must have sent it out extra speedy because of the delay :) it arrived in about 10 working days since postage! so i forgive them for the terrible customer service because at least it arrived safely!

i've had one bowl so far and i got one nice hit and a few littler ones. guess there's a little learning curve to getting consistent good hits out of it - finding the right temp, inhaling at the correct strength etc. but for now i'm restraining myself from hitting again till a few of my friends come round for a session!

excited for their arrival cos i can't wait to get BLAZED as hell :ko:

BlazedAndConfused,

max

Out to lunch
so months pass, i'm emailing them every now and then, i've had no tracking number etc. email them some more, no response. then out of the blue end of jan i get an email saying they've been waiting for my response to amending my order!! i emailed them back explained the situation, that i had emailed them multiple times, and still no response!
Unfortunately, this is not unusual. I wonder if they'll ever get their shit together in the email/communication dept. :rolleyes:

max,

BlazedAndConfused

Formerly mr.nicksta
haha well it's comforting to know i'm not the only one who's had problems! i even tried emailing them through every avenue available: replying to their email, sending a message through the form on their site and sent one to the email address listed on their site - all to no avail! but at least it's here now :)

also, i'm glad to say after a few hits last night i managed to get it going well :) i think i was putting too much in at too low of a temp to get good hits, but it seems perfect now! gonna gradually ween myself off joints and move to smoking that solely, and finally my chest will be my best friend again :lol:

EDIT: oh and i'm gonna hook up my ice chamber with it tonight, which i didn't get round to yesterday :) question: should i be putting bigger bowls in with the ice chamber, since you can obviously draw a bigger hit?

BlazedAndConfused,

steiner666

Serial vapist
i usually dont load up anything more than 1/3 of the bowl, regardless of how i'm vaping it or how many ppl will be on the bowl. I think its easier to evenly vape a smaller amount. Besides, If you load it up half way or more it can sometimes get too close too the tip on the bottom and get too hot. My first wand had a brown tip around it because i usually loaded it till about 1/2 way. Since i've started loading smaller bowls my wands stay clean now for much longer, at least on the tips.

Just make sure you don't ever accidentally burn anything. Like, i set my temp at noon and if hits get thin just i just trying to hit it slower or grind the bowl up finer before i change upping the temp more. Diff herb vapes at diff temps too, so start low play it safe. If you inhale smoke through the hose, it's hard to get the taste out quick.

Avoid smoke and vape a good amount (id say usually about a .5-1 oz) through your wand and you'll be able to havest a good amount of wand hash from it. And that stuff is by far my favorite thing to vape ever. Taste is so mellow and delicious, its potent as hell, and you get a ton of hits off it. I layer it on top of a little layer of herb to keep it from melting down through the screen or anything too fast.

but yeah, congrats on your purchase, you'll love it! esp once you try the ice/water filtering and get the technique down.

*edit*

The only trouble I've had with orders directly from 7th floor is when they were backed-up on their DBV wands and were waiting for more to come in. I emailed them at their customercare addy when i got impatient and they let me know what was up pretty quick.

steiner666,

albe

max said:
Unfortunately, this is not unusual. I wonder if they'll ever get their shit together in the email/communication dept. :rolleyes:
one thing i seemed to find with 7th floor, is if u reply to an email they send or to an order email, there's often no reply. I was doubling-up in the end, sending the reply and an email from their website comment form. Seemed to do the trick...
They are pretty good once u get their attention though, i found. :cool:

albe,

max

Out to lunch
In my experience the best way to get through to 7th Floor is with a phone call (last I heard they're still good about answering the phone). Find out who you're talking to, what the timeline is for your request/order, then make a follow up call.

max,

King Kong

the best way to contact them is to call them and let the damn phone ring off the hook, somebody will eventually answer. i let the phone ring for 10 minutes before some lady answered it.

King Kong,

Beezleb

In all honesty, I have started to generally recommend that people check out some of the trusted vendors here due to the customer service issues with 7th floor. I did not typically do that as to not give an appearance of showing preference and whatnot but I cannot in good judgment recommend people to use a system that is customer service flawed. I had hoped they would correct the issue but I think if that was going to happen it would have already.

With that said, I am unaware of anyone being screwed or anything like that, it is just difficult to actually get them to respond which can cause great anxiety in people.

Beezleb,

BlazedAndConfused

Formerly mr.nicksta
steiner666 said:
i usually dont load up anything more than 1/3 of the bowl, regardless of how i'm vaping it or how many ppl will be on the bowl. I think its easier to evenly vape a smaller amount. .
i'm finding that whilst i am getting pretty high, i'm not getting as blazed as i had hoped - and it's not through lack of quality herb, i've been getting some prime stuff these days!

do you guys just have one (third) of a bowl, and leave it be, or do you pack multiple bowls in a row? because one doesn't seem quite enough for me

BlazedAndConfused,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
use as much as it takes!

Also, I have an ssv, and I find that I don't feel truly blazed like a smoker until I hit it at the higher temps.

stickstones,

Beezleb

Not sure if this an issue in your situation Mr. Nicksta but some herb does not seem to vape well. I have had high quality herb that will not vape well but smoking it is great.

With that said, its not uncommon to do two bowls.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
mr.nicksta said:
steiner666 said:
i usually dont load up anything more than 1/3 of the bowl, regardless of how i'm vaping it or how many ppl will be on the bowl. I think its easier to evenly vape a smaller amount. .
i'm finding that whilst i am getting pretty high, i'm not getting as blazed as i had hoped - and it's not through lack of quality herb, i've been getting some prime stuff these days!

do you guys just have one (third) of a bowl, and leave it be, or do you pack multiple bowls in a row? because one doesn't seem quite enough for me
I believe this is your first vape? I feel safe in saying that you'd have the same experience with any vape, especially if smoking the same amount does the trick for you. You're experiencing the difference between vapor and smoke. Although there are a few high temp compounds that you only get with near combustion, or smoke, and those do have a sedative and/or analgesic effect, a lot of what you're missing with vapor are toxic smoke byproducts that also have a sedative effect with the amounts you get in smoking. This study will give you an idea of some toxins and where they're released, temp wise. http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-da-buddha-thread.16747/']
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

steiner666

Serial vapist
just use it some and play with the temps and hit speeds and grind your herb up pretty fine, try to get it so it all comes out a nice even brown color. No bits of green or tan, brown, but no black!

Most ppl accidentally combust part of a bowl or two while learning how far they can push the temps, so dont worry if it happens. The wand/mouthpiece are easily cleaned by boiling (if your combustion was too bad) or by cleaning with iso alcohol and evaporating and collecting the wandhash build-up if you caught it before there was too much smoke.

Best way to avoid combustion while getting the most vapor your can is to grind it up fine and load in a 1/3-1/4 bowl (from screen to tip), pack it in slightly, just enough to keep it from falling to one side when you tilt the wand to insert it in your buddhas hot hole (:brow:), but not hard enough to make it hard to hit or to compress the herb to the point where the air can't flow over much surface area other than whats immediately on top.

I personally start vaping at around 11-12 o'clock position, but this can vary greatly, since the knob is a push-on that could have a different off position than mine. The heating element glows at this temp, but not too bright. Start hitting normal, if you dont get anything, hit it as soft as you can and then speed up a bit towards the end of the hit, but try to make the hit last as long as you can basically. If you don't get anything still, bump the temp up, use the smallest increments possible to be safe. If the temps too low by a good amount, you'll get just the flavor, if it's only slightly low, you'll get a thin mist of vapor w/ the flavor, so only increase it a tiny bit.

If you have some really fresh sticky dank, you may run into a bit of a challenge vaping it like other herb. For instance, most of the regs i get, that's dry and usually compact that can almost be broken up enough with my fingers vapes really nice, producing thick hits at noon position. The moist fluffy stuff (stuff that usually was improperly harvested by an impatient grower, and not dried enough) however is a bit of a challenge. I can maybe set it to 2 oclock and get nice hits after 1 or two draws, and they're thick, but if i take too many hits at that temp and the herb gets dried out then i'm running the risk of burning it. So what i usually do with it is vape it some around 12-1 and, stirring between hits, at least get it dry, then regrind it and vape some more, which usually ends up working out really well. If you've hit it a bunch and it's still coming out just tan, you can try raising the temps a bit.

As others have said, vapor produced at higher temps gives a different sort of high. I make use of this by vaping fresh green lightly throughout the day in my portable vape, this gives a more clear-headed high that doesn't really effect my... energy level, i guess you could say. then at night i regrind and revape the same stuff in my DBV, since it has temp control and a better range, and since i can use water filtration and ice cooling to remove some of the unpleasantness of the ABV taste (which still tastes loads better than smoke IMO). Some ppl might prefer to take take in the whole vapor spectrum in one sitting though, to produce a more smoke-like high that gets you high and locks you down to teh couch and leaves you feeling burnt out when it subsides.

anyways, good look, hopefully you find your zen w/ da buddha as i did. I don't really understand how, but I imagine vaping isn't for everyone and some might prefer smoking, for me it was instant love tho. The first hit i got out of my DBV was ok size and tasted amazing, but the second one (and the 2nd one IS usually the killer hit i've found) was just massive, i couldnt believe how huge of a cloud of vapor i inhaled w/o really feeling it. I vaped a couple little bowls b4 work and was high for 3+ hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krack

Wow. Can't say enough good things about this vape. I wanted to wait a month before I gave this review so I could give a fair opinion. This is my first one, so I can't compare it to some others that people praise, but I believe I made the right choice. Like many of you here, I decided to do a little research before I made my purchase, and I stumbled upon this site (glad I did!). I decided to get a vape because my throat and chest were sore in the mornings from frequent smoking and this vape has helped with that tremendously. I no longer wake up coughing up a bunch of phlegm. You all know about the health and carcinogen benefits, so let me skip right to the smoking review! This thing hits like a champ. I like to set the dial somewhere around 12:30 or 1 to get a nice vapor. The taste is so incredible that I'm sure you could even make schwag taste good (haven't tried that though). The pure flavors of the turpenes come through really nice on those first couple hits. I usually pack it 1/3 full and end up stirring once to get an extra hit or two.

I have gotten to the point where I don't even want to smoke out of anything else.

About the device itself... It is a hands-free whip style vape. I think that is perfect for me because I am a lazy person, and if I can just hold the whip with one hand, that is great. It has a ground glass connection that keeps the bowl from slipping out. The heating element is ceramic, enclosed in borosilicate glass. The housing is a sturdy aluminum and the base has just enough weight to keep it steady without making it very cumbersome.
If you a person who smokes at home by yourself, and you don't want to huff from a bag, then I recommend this vape.

Krack,

Raf007

Retailer
Welcome to the world.

I confirm, shwag can be super tasty when vaped.

But a good shwag weed.... yes, it exists, but then I don't call it shwag anymore.

Raf007,

steiner666

Serial vapist
good choice on your purchase :D I think the DBV is one of the best vapes and a great one to start off with. Like, I was just thinking the other day that I love both my DBV and my magic flight, but I think i might have not been so sold on vaporization if my first vaping experience had been with a LB. I mean i love my LB and the hits are great for a portable, but the hits you get from a DBV are so thick and smooth and tasty, it's a totally different league! The DBV really vapes the bowls pretty evenly too.

If you haven't already done so or looked into it, you should get one of the glass-on-glass water adapters:

http://www.silversurfervap.com/Other_Parts.htm

and a nice glass bong to hook it up to :brow: I got a 18mm adapter and a big 24" bong, but I find its too inconveniently big for every day usage, so I'm planning on getting a 14mm adapter and one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/l64svg

IMO the difference between hot dry/cool wet vapor is almost as great as the difference between smoke and dry vapor.... ok, well maybe not that bad, cause the taste of smoke is awful and at least dry vapor tastes good, but still, it was a bigger improvement than i thought it would be basically.

steiner666,
Top Bottom