Da Buddha

kelsec

freeman dyson said:
i seem to be going through a lot of herb. maybe i just vape a lot. certainly not as wasteful as a bong but da buddha isnt the most efficient either.
I felt the same the first two days after receiving it.

Now I'm am beginning to get used to vaping. At first, I thought I had to have it on 2-3 o clock to get decent tokes.. I also thought I had to always inhale it for at least 15 seconds causing me to get head aches (and many disappointingly empty exhales).

Soon I began to realize that having it even at 1 o clock is too high too start, as I was only getting 2-3 good tokes, and maybe 1 or 2 tokes with barely visible vapor.

I've been fiddling with it and now I start off at around 11-11:30.. let it heat up for maybe 20 seconds.. and take 4-5 shorter, slow-inhaling tokes that usually result in exhales with much more vapor than I feel entered my lungs. The herb will look nearly the same as it did when I inserted it into the vape.

Mix the herb around.. put it back in and just slightly turn up the heat..repeat..

The Da Buddha is my first vaporizer, and I've only had it for four or five days now and I've learned a lot in just a few short days.. so I don't doubt that I will become more efficient.

kelsec,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
freeman dyson said:
da buddha isnt the most efficient either.
In your opinion. Many people say it's cut their herb usage dramatically.

Efficiency is more about usage patterns than the vape itself. Something with a larger bowl such as the DBV makes it easy to chew through herb but that doesn't make it inherently inefficient.

kelsec said:
The Da Buddha is my first vaporizer, and I've only had it for four or five days now and I've learned a lot in just a few short days.. so I don't doubt that I will become more efficient.
Whip vapes take a little getting used to but you'll be a pro in no time. The learning process is pretty enjoyable, too. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

stuartambient

freeman dyson said:
i seem to be going through a lot of herb. maybe i just vape a lot. certainly not as wasteful as a bong but da buddha isnt the most efficient either.
I have my DVV about a month now. It seems more weed is getting used up with straight vaping then prior with just smoking. Perhaps it's an adjustment period.

stuartambient,

stuartambient

freeman dyson said:
so i should pack smaller bowls?
I generally go with the instructions 1/8-1/4 filled , even less many times.
Almost real time , the wand I just did barely filled the well (made by the screen) with a quick pat down.

I got 7 decent hits off of it. This was done with the dial just past midnight. These are not fogger hits. Still I felt each one at the back of my throat , and usually I will stop drawing just slightly after. A good hold 5-10 seconds and each one still had some white vapor coming out on exhale. For the last 2 hits I emptied the wand and did some more grinding with my fingers. So first pack, not powder, but the remix it's now is very fine.

The other thing I would say , the big thing , I noticed and still have trouble with is the draw. I found those last 2 hits by drawing for a fairly long time. I didn't count the seconds, the sun didn't set and rise at all in between, but it's longer then a hit off a regular pipe or joint. Also I find the draw should be steady, but not rushing it.

As for my increased amount as I mentioned above, I think it might be my personal usage. Or I'm just in love with my DNV and want to share time with it as often as possible. :o

Last edited by a moderator:
stuartambient,

kelsec

Something I've been doing is turning it up to full heat after each set of hits and when it turns Orange I go just slightly above the previous position and let
it sit for a minute.. I haven't had any combustion.

I still never go above 12:30 and I get at least 15 tokes from a bowl filled about a fifth..

kelsec,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
kelsec said:
Something I've been doing is turning it up to full heat after each set of hits and when it turns Orange I go just slightly above the previous position and let
it sit for a minute.. I haven't had any combustion.

I still never go above 12:30 and I get at least 15 tokes from a bowl filled about a fifth..
post here if somthing breaks :lol:

never hear of the sweet spot?

;)

MrMistyTokes,

nickzzzx

I take many small hits, and hold them in till there's nearly nothing left. It's much easier on your lungs and you don't waste any vapor. Everything you exhale is unabsorbed vapor and therefore wasted bud so I tend to never take big hits. Everybody is different and has different tolerances, but the general rule is the bigger hit you take, the more likely you are to cough (from your lungs receiving too much vapor). Coughing also means that the weed is really good and the user got caught off guard from the dankness haha.

I forgot! Temperature is very important.

nickzzzx,

kelsec

Is it bad for the vaporizer if I hold the tip of the tubing to keep the vapor from escaping?

kelsec,

Beezleb

freeman dyson said:
Should I be coughing and hurting my throat/lungs on this thing? Or am I just taking too big a hits?
Depends on the reason for the coughing but if its due to heat try taking a sip of something before taking a vape. If that works for you I would look into using a bong or a chiller or something in order to cool the vapor for you. You can also try vaping at a reduced temperature. If I had to take a quick guess what your issue might be with limited information I would say it sounds like your at too high a temp since your throat and lungs are hurting.

Is it bad for the vaporizer if I hold the tip of the tubing to keep the vapor from escaping?
No it wont hurt the vaporizer but I recommend pulling the wand out and clearing the tube as what your seeing is likely vapor that is left in the tube from your last draw that did not make it to you. Leaving this vapor uncleared will likely promote condensation inside the tube which is not really desired. After clearing the tube you should not see much if any vapor come out of the mouthpiece.

Beezleb,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
freeman dyson said:
I got my first combustion off it today. Noticed the hits have been harsher too. Any suggestions?
Change the screen? Clogged screens = higher temp bowl.

Skunkypete,

albe

thinking that might be the same for my ssv... bowls have been browning quicker as the screen looks like it needs its first change...

albe,

albe

cool, so not packing too much sounds like the best idea. Just changed my first screen, it didn't look that bad in the wand but when i got it out :o :o Especially the other side of the screen from the bowl gets well clogged.

albe,

stuartambient

what are you people doing to your screens :o
i've been hitting it hard , gone through an ounce
since getting this thing and there is no build up or
clog at all. I use the pick a bit to scrape and THEN :lol:
blow through the wand.

Aside from the fact that I lost 4 of the 5 screens that came with it somewhere.

SA

stuartambient,

msemcee

Has anyone figured out a solution to keeping weed from getting inside the glass cover near the ceramic heating tip?

Weed got blown inside at the heating tip and started smoking. I'm thinking about putting a screen in so nothing gets blown down there.

msemcee,

bcisbomb

nobody221
Aight so i returned my stupid ol vapor daddy and upgraded to da buddha and i have a question. Is it ok to leave this on for extended periods of time (1-3 hours) or should i just turn it off after each use.

bcisbomb,

jofroxp

Hey guys, just asking where everyone bought da buddha, since i've heard its 160 all round, but it seems like its 180....thanks..

jofroxp,

kelsec

Aight so i returned my stupid ol vapor daddy and upgraded to da buddha and i have a question. Is it ok to leave this on for extended periods of time (1-3 hours) or should i just turn it off after each use.
1-3 hours is perfectly fine. Many people say they turn it off after each use. Personally, I keep mine on for as long as I plan on using it, even with 1 or 2 hour breaks in between.

I emailed the manufacturer asking, and they responded by saying that you can leave it on permanently and it will not lose efficiency or they will repair it during the 3-year warranty period.

Many people on these boards mention that Seventh Floor has had a Silver Surfer running without issues for more than a few years..

kelsec,

Herbling

I love this machine, it's so clean&simple, I get so much more out of my weed with it, saved me so much money in the few months I have it, the highs are so much better, much cleaner, I can be totally high and still go about with my daily business, with some practice you can also control your high completely, how to balance the pull with the temp so you can get very soft hits or a 1 shot killer, every single person that had tried mine(and I know a lot of heavy stoners) completely fell for it, I never tried any other vapo but honestly I can't see how it can get better, I keep it on pretty much 24/7 so I can take a hit whenever I want but either way it only takes like 2min to heat up and it also vapes trimming perfectly! never knew one can get so high from trimming:p.

Herbling,
Top Bottom