Da Buddha

Kogut

kangpc said:
Ok so i got my DBV yesterday and tested it out with some headies. I was getting 4-6 hits usually, even after stirring which seems quite low. While my heating element seems fine, I am not positive. I was turning the dial up to try and get more vape out of my herb. Even on max temp I was finding that it wasn't combusting. What gives?
That sounds like yours might be off. Mine actually runs a bit hotter than most (from what I've read). I typically vape around 11 and work it up to around 1 to finish it off after all the stirring phases I get out of it. If I turn it much above 2, I get smoke. Given, mine isn't that great because the heater isn't mounted in the center of the disk, and it leans like a tower in Italy, but it works JUST FINE!

Kogut,

dkbs

some herb just doesnt produce much vapor.. i know from experience that sometimes good 'looking' product, doesnt make it good.. some herbs produce tons of hits, some only a few.. it always gets my goat when pretty buds dont amount to much, and el cheapo mexican brick vapes crazy.. but oh the taste of quality.. oh well - around here, you take what you get..

dkbs,

kangpc

Kogut said:
kangpc said:
Ok so i got my DBV yesterday and tested it out with some headies. I was getting 4-6 hits usually, even after stirring which seems quite low. While my heating element seems fine, I am not positive. I was turning the dial up to try and get more vape out of my herb. Even on max temp I was finding that it wasn't combusting. What gives?
That sounds like yours might be off. Mine actually runs a bit hotter than most (from what I've read). I typically vape around 11 and work it up to around 1 to finish it off after all the stirring phases I get out of it. If I turn it much above 2, I get smoke. Given, mine isn't that great because the heater isn't mounted in the center of the disk, and it leans like a tower in Italy, but it works JUST FINE!
Thats the thing though, it was producing fat vapor hits at 12:00-1:00 until it was spent, the heating element appears to be mounted correctly, the glass gets ridiculously hot and yet it somehow never gets to the point of combustion. The herb afterwards is a light-dark brown depending on how much im hitting it.

kangpc,

Kogut

dkbs said:
but oh the taste of quality.. oh well - around here, you take what you get..
It's times like this that I'm so glad I live in a great area of California! I even have a friend who just got hired at a nice dispensary. If only college students earned more money. lol

Kogut,

Beezleb

Unless your drawing vapor over it its not getting hot enough for combustion.

Kogut, your is not likely due the temps dials be set a bit different. You cannot really go by what works for others with these types of vape. Its just ballpark. My 2 oclock could show as your 1 oclock and yet we could be both using identical temperatures.

Beezleb,

kangpc

Beezleb said:
Unless your drawing vapor over it its not getting hot enough for combustion.

Kogut, your is not likely due the temps dials be set a bit different. You cannot really go by what works for others with these types of vape. Its just ballpark. My 2 oclock could show as your 1 oclock and yet we could be both using identical temperatures.
I assume you mean drawing air over it and not vapor, which i am doing. I have tried breathing at varying speeds and still no combustion. This is with spent weed though at that point so im not sure if it would have a different effect with unvaped herb

kangpc,

Beezleb

Its possible you have a bad part.

I have seen before where someone had the same type of issues, it just was not getting hot enough but in your case it is vaporizing but your issue about it is that it is not combusting is how I understand your situation?

If it works fine but you cant get it to combust than im not sure I exactly get your point. I suppose the rheostat part I think was the problem could still be an issue but just not as much out of whack as the other example.

It is not easy to combust with the DBV in my opinion so I am not sure if their is a problem if you are in fact vaporizing as normal.

How much are you putting in the DBV? If it is not full to overly full the wand becomes much more difficult for combustion in my experience.

Why are you trying to get it combust anyways? Is it to experience it or what?

Beezleb,

kangpc

Beezleb said:
Its possible you have a bad part.

I have seen before where someone had the same type of issues, it just was not getting hot enough but in your case it is vaporizing but your issue about it is that it is not combusting is how I understand your situation?

If it works fine but you cant get it to combust than im not sure I exactly get your point. I suppose the rheostat part I think was the problem could still be an issue but just not as much out of whack as the other example.

It is not easy to combust with the DBV in my opinion so I am not sure if their is a problem if you are in fact vaporizing as normal.

How much are you putting in the DBV? If it is not full to overly full the wand becomes much more difficult for combustion in my experience.

Why are you trying to get it combust anyways? Is it to experience it or what?
Oh i've accidentally burned vape bowls before with my friends vapor bros, and its not something I want to do, I just merely found it curious. I'm gonna try and get a different strain and test it out, as it may have been an issue with that or just me not being used to it yet. The bowl was about ~1/4 full for each bowl. I only had enough of that bud left for 2 or 3 I don't quite remember.

kangpc,

Beezleb

I believe it would be very difficult to get that little amount to combust. Keep in mind that the DBV is a well designed vaporizer. With normal use, I never come close to combusting. When I got my DBV I experimented with it every way I could think of and combustion was difficult if not a full to over full wand.

Keep in mind, combustion with a small bowl, I would call 1/4 full small, should be pretty much a none issue. Good design in my opinion and its good your not combusting.

Beezleb,

djslife

Beezleb said:
dj, you need to stir and keep on going.

After your step six,
7. Stir, the given stir stick work great but I hear the ends are bigger than before.
8. Draw as normal
9. hold for desired length
10. Draw as normal
11. Hold for desired length
Rinse and repeat until you get no more vapor after stirring.

Eventually you will get nothing or near nothing after stirring. Then you can take the fat end of your stir stick and crush the contents in the wand and stir again. You will get probably one big hitter, bigger than you may expect and then maybe one small one but then it is pretty much done. Skip the crush step if you want to save some strength in the abv.

Also, you turn the wand in the vape to expose more herb to vaping. Generally if I do this its the second or third draw before stirring.

Keep in mind, using a grinder will give you a bit more thicker draw but if you cut the weed up instead of using grinder you will likely get more draws but slightly less thick. I recommend a grinder with a kief catcher and then you can use your wand hash and kief off and on, wand hash can be used the same a kief if scraped out. Wand hash is basically condensed THC. Highly prized stuff.

Soon enough you will know by experience when to stir and whatnot. Until then keep an eye on your ABV, it should be a golden brownish color. It will vary on many factors, what temp you vaped at, how far you vaped it, the type and quality of the material used just to figure a things but it should not be black and without green specks. Da Buddha vapes evenly due to good air flow through the wand so as long as you stir, it should be fine.

Also understand, though slightly rare but I have seen a few times and is reported more than few times as well. Some genetics or types of weed simply do not vape as well as others. I have never had the opportunity to be in a position to know exactly what I am using so I cant say which specific strains or plants that tend to have lower performance with vaping.

Since you do not mention stirring, I think that is your issue.

Happy Vaping!
Cool,

Thank you for the info and sorry it took me so long to respond. Yea I've been working on my draws and stirring and now my Meds seem to be lasting longer and longer. One issue I'm having is finding the best way to get the wand hash out? I watched Tokin's video and it seems like it comes out way easier for him. When I tried it the way he did, the wand hash just smeared around. I was thinkkg about putting the wand in the freezer and then trying it once the hash was more brittle. Any ideas amigos?

-djslife

djslife,

Beezleb

I have not done the freezer trick but I need too. My concern is wanting to use the wand before while its still too cold and possibly crack when subjected to the heat. Though this issue has never been reported and it is widely used and I think I am just being overcautious. The wand glass is supposed to handle the freezing but ive seen so called special glass shatter from heat shock/differences before. Not with a wand though.

Is what I do is take the flat end of a pair of tweezers and just stick that in the back of the wand and turn the wand and it collects on the fat end of the tweezers in a fat ball. Takes a few times but all in all less than 5 minutes I would day.

I also heat mine up a few moments for scraping. I do believe freezing it would make collecting it even easier.

Beezleb,

vape4health

It depends on the temp yo run at too , I know that sounds weird but I know 3 people including myself that use a DBV mostly all day , my buddha gets nice solid dark wand hash ( I run lower temp ) first friend runns their DBV up alot hotter then I do , when I hit it that hot I have to draw fast to keep from burning , the wand hash from ( I guess its the higher temp ) wand hash is more of oil and not solid at all , its a real bitch to clean out , just like honey . The last friend seem to run it a bit cooler , closer to what I set at , and his hash is a bit more liquid then mine but nothing close to the high temp one . That was jsut something I noticed and the cleaning hash comments got me thinking about it .

vape4health,

Buddhist

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum, but I saw it was pretty well received by most people who look for advice and good buys on vapes.

The only vaporizer I have experience with is Da Buddha, and well...I'm in love. I'm looking to buy my own, and was wondering where the best place to get a good deal would be.

Oh, and also...If the place happens to offer a free or discounted grinder and/or free shipping, I'd be pretty ecstatic.:D

Any info?

Buddhist,

King Kong

for wand hash, i just let it collect until i cant see threw the wand any more and its completely covered all the way around, thats my cue to clean it and i always get a huge vapor hash ball..

King Kong,

kangpc

Ok as a followup to my issue, I tried the other strain. I made some tea, grinded it up, turned it on to max. Packed it up and turned it down to 1:30-2:00. Took about 7 or 8 big consecutive vape hits and just stopped ,I was done lol. Not even sure if there's more hits left in the bowl but I'm blazed. I barely even touched the nug as well. So maybe it was just a issue with the strain or my friends were doin it wrong or something because by myself... well it was great.

kangpc,

toxicc

E11001420
My knob is pretty sensitive, sometimes it looks like i've put it at the same spot as usual but a very tiny difference sometimes make a huge temperature difference. It might have been the issue. Also it is true that some strains seems to need a little higher temp to vaporize.

toxicc,

King Kong

robertrulez said:
I accidentely coughed and some of the "herb" flew into the little red rod area, is that bad?
yes it is, thats rule number 1, DONT COUGH INTO THE WHIP.. If you did that to my vape you would never hit it again..

King Kong,
Reactions: KidFated.

FEAR420

robertrulez said:
I accidentely coughed and some of the "herb" flew into the little red rod area, is that bad?
With the unit off & cold....take the heater cover off (twist & pull up). Once the heater cover is off,turn the unit upside down & shake & blow out any herbals that have fallen down inside. Check the HC for discoloration or staining...clean as necessary with warm soapy water or iso alcohol.

And YES - Blowbacks are party foul #1 :/

FEAR420,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
I don't understand how it happens so often. It always happens. When was the last time you were smoking a pipe and someone blew in that?

Pseudonymous,

the electrician

Surely it's more effort to cough into a whip than anywhere else, I'd need to suppress the cough for a bit, ensure the whip is still attached to my mouth and then cough. Mind you I'm no-one to talk, its been more than once that I've blown into a bong because I'm too stoned to remember how to use the bugger. Oh cannabis

the electrician,

robertrulez

FEAR420 said:
robertrulez said:
With the unit off & cold....take the heater cover off (twist & pull up). Once the heater cover is off,turn the unit upside down & shake & blow out any herbals that have fallen down inside. Check the HC for discoloration or staining...clean as necessary with warm soapy water or iso alcohol.

And YES - Blowbacks are party foul #1 :/
Oh damn so is it broken? Is it not safe to use again? This sucks cause I just got it a few weeks ago... I shook off the remaining buds and now there are little black marks on the heating rod. FML.

robertrulez,

toxicc

E11001420
It isn't too bad, just clean it carefully and try to not do it again. It happened with mine, and on my friend's Da Buddha and they are still working like new.

toxicc,

Buddhist

I officially ordered my silver Da Buddha vape last night. The guy has to wait for the stuff to come in, and I can't WAIT!!!!:D

I'll let you guys know when I christen it. <3

Buddhist,

freeman dyson

do you guys stir? like do do vape a bowl and then pull it out and stir it to get more vape out of it? does this work?

freeman dyson,
Top Bottom