Da Buddha

Yukon Cornelius

Oh ok, I didn't even know Vapeworld carried additional parts for DBV. Thanks :D

Have you had to replace any parts on your DBV, Beezleb? Should I even bother with a spare wand?

Yukon Cornelius,

Beezleb

I did but I shake from time to time due to to an illness and once I was going to put in the wand in the DBV and I jerked cracking the wand off the of a cupboard. I had previously ordered an back up kit and thankfully I did. I still need to order another back up.

I recommend not only a back up whip kit and extra screens but I also recommend putting a mouse pad infront of the DBV while you get the hang of using and when others are using it so if you pull it out it wont risk breaking as much.

Yukon Cornelius

I recommend not only a back up whip kit and extra screens but I also recommend putting a mouse pad infront of the DBV while you get the hang of using and when others are using it so if you pull it out it wont risk breaking as much.
That's a good idea, because that's already happened to it over 10 times now. One last question....how secure should the heater cover be on the element? I must have put it on there way too tight after I cleaned it the first time, because I attempted to take it off today before sending the DBV out but it would not budge. It felt like something was going to break if I pulled any harder. I ended up just shipping the unit with that piece still on (after contacting Vapeworld for them to approve it).

Yukon Cornelius,

Iso2

If it won't budge then it is on too tight. I'm sure you have figured that much out for yourself :p

The heater cover on mine is pushed down enough so the lips of the entrance is even with the circular opening of the metal casing. If that makes sense. It is loose enough to swivel to the right and left but it won't move up unless you use your hands.

Here is a question, how hot does the metal casing of Da Buddha get for you guys? If we use a 1 - 10 rating system, where 1 is cold and 10 is quite hot to touch, where would yours be?

Iso2,

Yukon Cornelius

If it won't budge then it is on too tight. I'm sure you have figured that much out for yourself
Yeah, it was being quite stubborn. I've learned my lesson now though...:/

The heater cover on mine is pushed down enough so the lips of the entrance is even with the circular opening of the metal casing. If that makes sense. It is loose enough to swivel to the right and left but it won't move up unless you use your hands.
I'll keep that in mind. The cover would BARELY swivel. It's almost like it became one with the heating element haha.

Here is a question, how hot does the metal casing of Da Buddha get for you guys? If we use a 1 - 10 rating system, where 1 is cold and 10 is quite hot to touch, where would yours be?
Well, on mine I'd say about a 3 or 4. But mine also wouldn't even burn material when set to the maximum temperature (or create any visible vapor for that matter), so my rating probably isn't a good judgement to consider.

Yukon Cornelius,

max

Out to lunch
how hot does the metal casing of Da Buddha get for you guys?
Barely warm. It's not a concern at all. They use a really thick piece of aluminum.

max,

DJDIZZY

How are you guys loading your wands? I load a couple of small pinches and then tap the material lightly against the screen with the glass end of the pick to keep it in place. (read that on another forum and it made a huge difference)

Before I would just load the wand and then insert to the heating element but a lot of the material would fall to the side of the wand. How are you doing it? Thanks!

DJDIZZY,

Beezleb

Place your prepared weed in a pile.
suck through mouthpiece and suck up the weed through the wand like a vacuum.
and your good to go!

Iso2

Sometimes my Da Buddha gets quite hot. Maybe an 8. The thing is the dial is set at a low temp. I'm not sure what it is. Though it has only ever happened once or twice (that I can remember :lol:) when I have left it on for a number of hours.

Hopefully it will be alright.

Iso2,

WesWeed

Used my DBV for the first time last night.

Early thoughts:

Not as thick vapor as I thought there'd be...I'd read it had a comparatively lower vapor:air ratio, but I was a little surprised at how light it was.

Still, when I turned up the heat slightly and did a long, slow draw, I got defined and visible clouds of vapor.
I expect to become better at this as time goes by.

Very even heating, requires little stirring. About a 5 minute warm-up.

Noticeably smoother than my Chinese box vape. Tasted better, too.

GonG seal worked fine. Mouthpiece is well-made and thick.

The efficiency was GREAT, spent a long time (don't know how long:ko:) on just .25 grams split between two people.

VERY easy to clean, especially after my dumbass friend blew herbs onto the heating element and burned them.

Can't wait to vapor-bong it, got the ground glass adaptor and extra whip in today. I expect that will cancel any complaints I could have had about the thickness of the vapor.

All in all, this seems to be exactly what I wanted; a safe, durable, easy-to-clean, efficient vape that allows for long sessions. Add in the unbelievable smoothness and it's a winner.

Also, in answer to all of the posts about heat:

The outer aluminum casing only gets to be about a 4...a little warm, but nothing problematic. The glass heater cover, on the other hand, gets to about an 8.5...way too hot to hold for longer than a second or two, and maybe hot enough to melt some plastics. Probably not hot enough to burn hair or clothes, though.

WesWeed,

max

Out to lunch
WesWeed said:
Not as thick vapor as I thought there'd be
It has a fairly large output opening, vs. the SSV, so it gives a smoother hit. A slower draw and/or packing the bowl a little tighter will give you more vapor per hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJDIZZY

Here is my Buddha set up.

:)

I filled up the EHLE but realized the white wall doesnt make a good contrast for the vapor.:(

So I tried a different angle

:D

DJDIZZY,

DJDIZZY

So it was bound to happen. i combusted last night with my DBV. :( Wow, i don't know if it's just because I've been vaping only for the past month but the smell was something atrocious. Put the wand, adapter and stem in ISO. Bong is soaking as well.

It's been said before... Having backups is key! I have an extra wand, screens and tubing just in case something like this happens. Highly recommend it! :2c:

DJDIZZY,
DJDIZZY said:
So it was bound to happen. i combusted last night with my DBV. :( Wow, i don't know if it's just because I've been vaping only for the past month but the smell was something atrocious. Put the wand, adapter and stem in ISO. Bong is soaking as well.

It's been said before... Having backups is key! I have an extra wand, screens and tubing just in case something like this happens. Highly recommend it! :2c:
i combusted at about 1 o clock on my ssv, didnt need to clean it or nuthin tho, just blew out the nasty smoke and it was good to go. was just shocked it combusted at such a low temp.

CheechAndBong,

popy

Hello there ,

Happy owner of a DaBuddha from 5 months now, I have just found this website.
Living in europe(not english native so forgive me if i make english mistake).

Anyone here have the water filter that 7th floor sell , the one at 99$.
It seam's to be a good stuff, because the vapor is sometimes too hot.

Even if someone has tried it, please leave a message about your feelings.

About the ice chamber, which one will you suggest me and why ?

Thanks in advance , looking forward to reading you.

popy,

DJDIZZY

popy said:
Hello there ,

Happy owner of a DaBuddha from 5 months now, I have just found this website.
Living in europe(not english native so forgive me if i make english mistake).

Anyone here have the water filter that 7th floor sell , the one at 99$.
It seam's to be a good stuff, because the vapor is sometimes too hot.

Even if someone has tried it, please leave a message about your feelings.

About the ice chamber, which one will you suggest me and why ?

Thanks in advance , looking forward to reading you.
Advertising deleted
I looked at the 7th floor ice chambers as well. They are pretty and all but not my style. Plus the EHLE is a lot cheaper!

Mod note: You can't advertise anything for sale except in the 'sell your vape' thread.

EDIT: I don't understand why it was deleted?? I wasn't trying to sell anything I own, just make a suggestion that they asked for a reason why. WHY???? Because its cheaper and nicer looking in my opinion. I was suggesting the EHLE, not selling it!:/ The thread mentions the $99 ice chamber... should that be deleted???

So again I recommend the EHLE with the water adapter from 7th Floor.

DJDIZZY,

popy

Indeed, your bang is great :o !
But I looking for

About the water filter on these page :
http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/water-filters.html
Anyone has try it ?

Sorry but I'm not doing any advertising I just want to know if someone has ever tried this water filter and if it is a good tool.

Thanks !

and do not hesitate to dell this message if you consider it like an advertising :(

popy,

DJDIZZY

popy said:
Indeed, your bang is great :o !
But I looking for

About the water filter on these page :
http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/water-filters.html
Anyone has try it ?

Sorry but I'm not doing any advertising I just want to know if someone has ever tried this water filter and if it is a good tool.

Thanks !

and do not hesitate to dell this message if you consider it like an advertising :(
I think TokinGLX is the guy you want to email. He is the starter of this thread and lives close by to the 7th Floor factory. He's put some videos on youtube using the DBV and SSV with a bong (can't remember if it's the ice chamber from 7th floor tho.)

I'm pretty sure he's a sponsor here and his link is at the bottom of the index page. Hit him up!

DJDIZZY,

mayan

Hi all...So glad I found this little vapored community. Great, enjoyable reading!

I have a Buddha and I love it. I am however, self-taught in the use of the vape and I'm interested in other people's usage - in other words, how many hits do you typically get out of a whip bowl? I know that there are many variables (amount, heat used, strength of draw, etc.) but I'm just wondering with -say a third of a bowl lightly tamped - would you get five hits? 30 hits? It's just hard for me to know when it's diminishing returns. I can still get very high, even though the original flavor/odor has changed from something that gets the salivaries working to something more like roasted inner car seat material. That happens at around 5- 7 hits - with stirring after every hit. So...how do you, the experts, determine when to cut your losses and reach for the grinder?

Also, has anyone concocted a method whereby one can vape kif or hash in the DBV? I know that you can sprinkle it in with the cannabis but that defeats the purpose if you like the pure hash experience but I would love to figure out how to vape it without being wasteful, inefficient, etc.

(Also...If this is a duplicate post, I apologize. I wrote out something similar about 1/2 ago and it doesn't show up here or in my post count. If that's because it has to be submitted or something....well...live and learn, I guess.)

Thanks, in advance - very cool site!

mayan,

fury

Hi everybody, this is my first post here. just like to say what excellent site this is and what a great community of vaporologists :lol: less of the compliments, and now to work. :p

I bought DBV in May this year and have loved it since its purchase. Until the last few weeks... a few weeks back i first noticed a black mark down the left hand side of the heating element. U could really only see it when Vaporizer was turned off. graduly over the last few weeks the mark has got bigger but I noticed nothing else wrong. there was no bad taste no heating problems. I began reading in fuckcombustion and i seen where somebody had mentioned about this black mark on the heating element but over the last few days now the element now loses heat too. one minute it would be fine next it would fall way and i would have to crank the heater knob up full blast to get any decent heat form it. I was wondering has anybody else had this problem? and does anybody know what the black mark down the side of the heating element actually is? will all this talk of DBV being made in china, its kind of hard not to be concerned. Dont get me wrong i think DBV is an excellent device but the questions about its manufacture and possible reliablity issues, its kind of hard not to think that it is being product there now.

Anyhow, if i contact 7th floor do you think i will have to return the buddh? i dont really want to as i live in ireland and it would take and eternity before i wold get it back. i dont think i could do with out it for that long. lol thanks for your help, peace....

fury,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
fury said:
Anyhow, if i contact 7th floor do you think i will have to return the buddh? i dont really want to as i live in ireland and it would take and eternity before i wold get it back. i dont think i could do with out it for that long. lol thanks for your help, peace....
From what i've read before they can usually send out a replacement element if you are comfortable enough to do the switching yourself. They are not complicated devices.

Skunkypete,
Top Bottom