Da Buddha

bigtvapes

Handling the wand (giggity) is pretty simple. Don't push it in to tight and make sure it's never wet. I don't have to play with it (giggity) too much with the Buddha as I only get about one or two stirs before spending a typical load (giggity). The Buddha is my oldest vape but always remains my go to desktop. I start my bowl around 12 o'clock and finish off with a heavy blast at about 3 o'clock. The DBV never fails me.

Are you saying you vape one continuous bowl for 6 hours? What do you take a hit once an hour or something?

bigtvapes,

Lou

Are you saying you vape one continuous bowl for 6 hours? What do you take a hit once an hour or something?

I think he means the dial. I also start at about 12 and increase the heat to about 3 or 4 by the end, never combusted that I can remember. Like others said though, draw speed is half of the equation.

Lou,

tuco b

first post .. i got a DBV a week or so ago.. had a volcano a couple of years ago bu i prefer DBV.. i'll post more when im less baked, lovin this forum!

tuco b,
One of my buddies wants to get a DB, just lent him mine. But for those who are interested, I checked on Amazon for him and the black DBs are going for ~$130, that's great. At the time I got my DB(black) it was closer to ~180$. So...for you back to schoolers on a budget...

Much cheaper than most of the vapes out there as well as more fun I think.

VapingLobster,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
mine was $180.00 when i bought it. i would still pay $180.00 for it today if i had to. I swear by this vape especially for those on a budget.

mmenzie,

X24

I dropped around $150. I've probably saved more than $20 due to it's usage since then :).

X24,

bigtvapes

it's worth $180 but at $130... as my hero Clay Davis would say, "Sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiit"

bigtvapes,

max

Out to lunch
well i paid WELL over the odds for mine then! i just dropped £150 on it!!!
You're going to pay more across the pond. It's still a good deal for a top rate vape.

mmenzie said:
mine was $180.00 when i bought it.
The price is still $189 ($209 for black). It's just that eBay sellers, and some vendors, are selling cheaper. You do have to watch where you buy if you want the 3 yr. manuf. warranty. IMO FC recommended dealers offering member discounts are the best source. You get a very good price and a full warranty.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/retailer-discussion-discounts.1802/

"Da Buddha™ Vaporizers purchased from Ebay that are not sold under the 7thFloorSales account are not covered by warranty in any way, shape or form. Also, vaporizers purchased from the following are NOT covered by our warranty. We strongly advise against purchasing the Silver Surfer and Da Buddha vaporizers from these sellers:
-amazon.com
-overstock.com
-cheapvape.com
-dabuddhavaporizer.net (despite the name, this is NOT a 7th Floor, LLC site)"
http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/dbv-info/warranty.html

Sinnerman.

Sup guys, my first post here.

I really love this vaporizer, but,

my weed keeps falling into the heating element. I tried to put a little weed, a lot of weed, pack it tightly, pack it lightly, it just keeps happening over and over again. It is really frustrating the hell out of me at this point. It's especially prevalent when I'm using a bong with my buddha because I think the bong moves the whip around a bit which causes the weed to untangle and then slide into the heating element.

Also, do any of you guys have tips on how to properly replace the screen. I spent an hour trying to replace it yesterday and it is still not perfect. It seems that the screen no longer 'locks' into the glass, it's just a loose connection.

Thanks

Sinnerman.,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
It's especially prevalent when I'm using a bong with my buddha

Sounds like this is the culprit. Remove the GG wand from the heater cover before sliding the whip back into the bong.

You could also prop something behind the DBV, tilting it forward, to give it a slight angle like the SSV has.

Also, do any of you guys have tips on how to properly replace the screen.

I learned from Tokin Daily's video:

Tweak,
Reactions: mmenzie

Lou

From using my dbv now for a few weeks I have also learned a few tricks to address your problem shinerman.

Like others said, to make a pseudo ssv, just prop something under the rear foot to give the upward angle and make it hard for herb to fall into the heating element. I noticed that most actually have a slight upward angle (<10 degrees) which might make herb falling in easier! I solve this by using a small amount of herb (1/8 of a wand), and anytime I stir or adjust the wand, pull through the mouthpiece while inserting the wand into the hc. This will bring the herb back up against the screen.

The screens can be finicky, but giving a slight bend to either the provided poker end, or something similar allows you to get under the edge and pull it out.

Another helpful tip I have found is to let the wand sit in the heating chamber while it is heating up. This allows nice clouds at a lower temp. I stay at 12 o'clock to 2-3.

Lou

Lou,

mmenzie

i always run my DBV at 12:00 when pulling directly from the whip. i move it up to 2:00 or 3:00 when i am using my bubbler with it

mmenzie,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Handling the wand (giggity) is pretty simple. Don't push it in to tight and make sure it's never wet. I don't have to play with it (giggity) too much with the Buddha as I only get about one or two stirs before spending a typical load (giggity).

Are you a sadomasochist? My goodness, man! Use some lube!

Oh... we're talking about vaping.
scareboo.gif

EDIT: So from what I'm reading, it sounds like the DBV suffers from the same issue the Box vapes like the VB do? I know some people use the mouse pads with the wrist support, to lift the end. Both have the same flaw and isn't the operation, basically the same?

I'm not trying to stray off topic, because the DBV is actually one of the vapes, I've always looked at and viewed it as an SSV just the "stripped-down" model. Since I was given the VB, do I really have a need for a vape like the DBV? If I'm going to have the same compensation, tilting the end up to avoid herb falling into the element?

BigDaddyVapor,

Lou

Well in my experience, even with several other not as careful users, anything falling in is a rare occurrence. I don't use anything to prop it up either.

As for the ssv comparison, I have no regrets getting the dbv over it. I like stirring or moving the wand every few hits. Having to hold the want constantly would be slightly annoying. Getting the hands free option negates the benefits of the ssv minus the angled hc. If you like the blown knob that's harder to read and the sloped core (which I didn't) you may like the ssv. For me, regardless
Of price, the dbv was the choice.

Lou,

mmenzie

I have had my DBV for years and I have never "propped" it up with anything and the ONLY times I ever get stuff in the element is when I take too big a rip and cough back into the wand like a dummy!!!

mmenzie,

X24

Let me just say, after a week propped up, it makes no difference. There's a limit to how much you can prop it, and it's not like it's going to prevent cough-related accidents. If you use proper technique, it's impossible to let herb fall into the heater.

X24,
Well in my experience, even with several other not as careful users, anything falling in is a rare occurrence. I don't use anything to prop it up either.

As for the ssv comparison, I have no regrets getting the dbv over it. I like stirring or moving the wand every few hits. Having to hold the want constantly would be slightly annoying. Getting the hands free option negates the benefits of the ssv minus the angled hc. If you like the blown knob that's harder to read and the sloped core (which I didn't) you may like the ssv. For me, regardless
You can get those custom knobs for the da buddha too.

VapeNStone,

mwahle1

Sup guys, my first post here.

I really love this vaporizer, but,

my weed keeps falling into the heating element. I tried to put a little weed, a lot of weed, pack it tightly, pack it lightly, it just keeps happening over and over again. It is really frustrating the hell out of me at this point. It's especially prevalent when I'm using a bong with my buddha because I think the bong moves the whip around a bit which causes the weed to untangle and then slide into the heating element.

Also, do any of you guys have tips on how to properly replace the screen. I spent an hour trying to replace it yesterday and it is still not perfect. It seems that the screen no longer 'locks' into the glass, it's just a loose connection.

Thanks

I have had a small amount of product fall onto the heating element on rare occasions. It seems to happen after the bowl has been vaped a bit and the product becomes dry. In order to circumvent this, I just lightly inhale as I am inserting the wand and then the heat just “glues” the product in place.

mwahle1,

max

Out to lunch
I've used the DBV and read tons of user reports on it over the years, and herb getting spilled into the heater cover is not a common problem or complaint. I don't know why Sinnerman is having such a problem with it.

While I chose the SSV w/standard connection and have no regrets, I also like the DBV and would choose it, at times, over the SSV, depending on my mood. Holding the wand to the HC with the SSV is only a chore if your positioning spot for the vape doesn't make it easy, which mine does. I found myself much more annoyed trying not to knock the DBV whip out of the DBV. And one of the benefits of the SSV w/standard connection is richer vapor hits, due to the smaller opening in the heater cover. That's the trade off with the DBV's hands free setup, and all things considered, I preferred the SSV until it was replaced by the Cloud. Can't beat the DBV for the $ though, and if you like more predictable hits and a hands free setup, it's a no brainer over the SSV.

max,
Two sweet 5 min mods for da buddha (merged)
1. Straighten out a wire shirt hanger, and fashion a simple holder for your wand that hooks to the top of the body.
2. Bend a piece of tin to form a rough tube that will slip into the mouth and sit comfortably on the screen. Put another screen on top of the tube, it will have to be jammed in. And there you have it - a permanent 'elbow pack' option a la extreme q.

mumbaihead12,
Top Bottom