Da Buddha

X24

I'm not sure if I want tin in the air path. But nice ingenuity nonetheless.

X24,

Lou

I'd like to see both of those if you have pictures.

Also, what do you guys use to remove either the wand or mouthpiece when it is wedged in that tubing. I'm trying to take the mouthpiece out but it wont budge, and I don't feel like crushing it in my hand trying to pull it out.

Thanks

max

Out to lunch
Dip your mouthpiece (and the part of the tubing it's attached to) in boiling water for 5-10 sec. and it should come apart easily.

max,
Reactions: tuco b

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
As a regular user of portable vapes – iolite, MFLB, Arizer Solo and Inhalater INH004 – I've decided it's time to invest in a desktop/plug-in.

I was about to buy an Extreme Q, but maybe a Da Buddha would be the better choice in that price range. (With only one other regular user, I won't be passing around a bag/ballon, so a whip would probably be preferable.)

Any advice welcome. Thanks :bowdown:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

Zipsort

As a regular user of portable vapes – iolite, MFLB, Arizer Solo and Inhalater INH004 – I've decided it's time to invest in a desktop/plug-in.

I was about to buy an Extreme Q, but maybe a Da Buddha would be the better choice in that price range. (With only one other regular user, I won't be passing around a bag/ballon, so a whip would probably be preferable.)

Any advice welcome. Thanks :bowdown:

I am opposite of you. I started out with desktop units (cheap digi boxes) then upgraded to SSV.. was beautiful.. Sold it when I was broke.

Then I got a DBV.. just as good as the SSV. Maybe better.

Its awesome for vape bonging. I dont believe i have ever used it with a whip.. only vape bong.

bigtvapes

I'm no vape expert, I only have this and a Puffit. But I can tell you about my experience and answer any questions you may have

I like my DBV a whole lot. I will start will my most obvious drawback: I don't conserve as much as other vape users seem to. The DBV has a big bowl and I work through materials pretty quick with it. On the positive side it's easy to keep clean, its easy to use, and it's a nice looking piece if you ask me. The guys at my B&M like this device a whole bunch, and even talked me out of buying a more expensive device. I'm very happy with mine. The temp control is a dream. If I have people over, I turn it up and we're taking monster hits with it. When I'm chillin by myself, I keep it at around 50% power and chill with my bowl for a loooong time, just enjoying myself and being happy :-)

I stick the whip up to my bong every now and then but that's as experimental as I've gotten. If you do a quick scan through this thread, you'll find some pretty amazing set ups and things that can be done with this bad boy. At the end of the day, this is a reliable, simple, and hard hitting device.

If you have any questions or concerns go ahead and ask. There are some awesome DBV users on this thread and I've not heard anyone really complain about owning one yet.

bigtvapes,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
I'm no vape expert, I only have this and a Puffit. But I can tell you about my experience and answer any questions you may have

I like my DBV a whole lot. I will start will my most obvious drawback: I don't conserve as much as other vape users seem to. The DBV has a big bowl and I work through materials pretty quick with it. On the positive side it's easy to keep clean, its easy to use, and it's a nice looking piece if you ask me. The guys at my B&M like this device a whole bunch, and even talked me out of buying a more expensive device. I'm very happy with mine. The temp control is a dream. If I have people over, I turn it up and we're taking monster hits with it. When I'm chillin by myself, I keep it at around 50% power and chill with my bowl for a loooong time, just enjoying myself and being happy :-)

I stick the whip up to my bong every now and then but that's as experimental as I've gotten. If you do a quick scan through this thread, you'll find some pretty amazing set ups and things that can be done with this bad boy. At the end of the day, this is a reliable, simple, and hard hitting device.

If you have any questions or concerns go ahead and ask. There are some awesome DBV users on this thread and I've not heard anyone really complain about owning one yet.

Thanks bigtvapes, I feel more inclined now to go for the DBV. More 'bells and whistles' on the EQ but, as with audio equipment (amplifiers in particular), the less 'bells and whistles', the better the product.

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

bigtvapes

Thanks bigtvapes, I feel more inclined now to go for the DBV. More 'bells and whistles' on the EQ but, as with audio equipment (amplifiers in particular), the less 'bells and whistles', the better the product.

Ya know, man, that's my school of thought (on amps and vapes haha)! Obviously different people want different things. All I can tell you is I'm happy with my purchase.

tuco b

im from the "less bells & whistles" school of thought also, DBV is the best money ive spent in a long long while, prefer it over the volcano i used to own.. in fact i love it so much im gonna fill it with materials and vape RIGHT now! my advice Hai is go for it dude!

darrrius

Hi All

Well, last night - after owning my Da Buddha for only 2 months, the unit gave a loud "POP" when I switched it on. No heat coming from the element at all, and something rattling around when I pick the unit up.

This has caused obvious grief and uncertanty as I have come to rely on the Da Buddha quite heavily.

Can anyone let me know if this has happened to them, if they were able to get the unit fixed, how long it took etc? I have just emailed 7th florr 5 mins ago so will await their response.

Looks like its back to smoking for a while - Damn!

darrrius,

max

Out to lunch
I have just emailed 7th florr 5 mins ago so will await their response.
Historically, they've been less than reliable on email response. I'd call 'em. 1-866-835-6418
Sorry to hear your unit died. Normally their vapes are very reliable.

max,

Yoshi

Woah
Hi All

Well, last night - after owning my Da Buddha for only 2 months, the unit gave a loud "POP" when I switched it on. No heat coming from the element at all, and something rattling around when I pick the unit up.

This has caused obvious grief and uncertanty as I have come to rely on the Da Buddha quite heavily.

Can anyone let me know if this has happened to them, if they were able to get the unit fixed, how long it took etc? I have just emailed 7th florr 5 mins ago so will await their response.

Looks like its back to smoking for a while - Damn!

It sounds like an electrical issue, dude. I've had a wire short circuit basically right in front of me and made an amazingly loud pop and sparks flew. They say not to remove the base and tamper with the electrical components, so I don't suggest doing that. You'll have to send it in to get it fixed, luckily it won't be more than $30 to do so. :D

Yoshi,

bigtvapes

The guy at my head shop suggested that I plug it into a surge protector. He explained why but he's a psuedo intellectual rambler so I'm sad to say he completely lost me somewhere in there. Maybe try that when you get it back?

bigtvapes,
Reactions: tuco b

darrrius

The guy at my head shop suggested that I plug it into a surge protector. He explained why but he's a psuedo intellectual rambler so I'm sad to say he completely lost me somewhere in there. Maybe try that when you get it back?

Thanks for that - when I get it back I'll definately be doing this!

Still no reply from 7th Floor - I'll be calling them from here in the UK (once I have figured out the time difference) Cheers all for the help.

I'm thinking of buying a new one in the meantime... maybe silver surfer as an upgrade? Or would you stick to the Da Buddha? I know one has already blown on me - but I like the product so much I am tempted to put it down to bad luck.

Cheers

darrrius,

max

Out to lunch
I'm thinking of buying a new one in the meantime... maybe silver surfer as an upgrade? Or would you stick to the Da Buddha? I know one has already blown on me - but I like the product so much I am tempted to put it down to bad luck.

Cheers
This is a time tested design, and they use quality components, so I wouldn't worry about another failure (I would use a surge protector though-you can get a decent one at a good price). They have units at the factory they've been running for 6-8 years, non stop. If you're going to buy another, I'd get the SSV, just so you can experience the slight difference in hit density, and the different ergonomics.

I don't know where you made your purchase, but Vaposhop is a recommended FC dealer, and you can link from their listing here and get 10% off- http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/retailer-discussion-discounts.1802/

max,

TDA

Hi guys, does anyone know exactly which components of the DBV are made overseas?

I'm debating between the DBV and SSV models and this info would really help. Also, between the black and silver models, which one is a better buy?

Thanks in advance : )

TDA,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Two sweet 5 min mods for da buddha (merged)
1. Straighten out a wire shirt hanger, and fashion a simple holder for your wand that hooks to the top of the body.
2. Bend a piece of tin to form a rough tube that will slip into the mouth and sit comfortably on the screen. Put another screen on top of the tube, it will have to be jammed in. And there you have it - a permanent 'elbow pack' option a la extreme q.

Im confused about number 2 - first you could simply just use an elbow adapter from Arizer - its 18 mm so it will fit and second, why would you do this anyway? Take a pic dude - it may be a great idea aside from tin in the airpath (obviously defeats the whole purpose of glass)but still, could be interesting.

mvapes,

darrrius

Just an update on my busted Da Buddha. I've been in touch with 7th Floor via email (responded properly late on 2nd day from my initial email), and have so far been happy. I was told that I'd need to pay $25 repair charge on top of shipping. I thought I was under warranty so queried the charge, and received the following response:

Dave,

When you purchase directly from 7th Floor or an authorized retailer, you won't have any problems and if you do, we will take care of you. By choosing to go to a discounted unauthorized retailer, you are subjecting yourself to the possibility of not receiving a new unit, among other problems. We provide information about our warranty to prevent our vaporizers from being purchased from unauthorized retailers. We can only do so much to prevent you from purchasing a machine that might need some repairs, which is why we have the warranty details on our website. We can not waive the repair fee as there are too many purchases made from this unauthorized dealer that have problems. They do not sell our vaporizers at the charge which we require and anybody can create a store on Amazon. We work with mostly brick and mortar stores, and have very few online retailers. If you find an authorized online retailer, they will be advertising our vaporizers for the same cost, if not more. You will not find any authorized online dealer selling our vaporizers for less than we have advertised. I would suggest contacting Amazon and seeing if they are able to assist you, otherwise I can help make arrangements to have your unit returned to 7th Floor for repairs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer Care

This makes sense to me, so I told them I'd like to go ahead with the repair... They then sent this:

We apologize. The repair charge is $25 and the shipping charge is $53.40, for a total of $78.40. If there is something you would like to add to your return order, we will waive shipping charges. I can send you a PayPal bill or you can send a money order in the shipment. When it has been returned to you, it will be a new vaporizer. Also, is your vaporizer a 220V unit with a UK plug? If not, you probably have a 110V unit and will need to have it swapped to the 220V electronics. This is something we will do for no additional charge. And upon return, your heater stand will be upgraded to the new pressure bar and a new heater cover will be installed. We apologize, but hopefully this makes the return a little better.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer Care

So pretty good customer service so far I would say :)

I'll keep you updated on the case.

Cheers

D

X24

J

This makes sense to me, so I told them I'd like to go ahead with the repair... They then sent this:

We apologize. The repair charge is $25 and the shipping charge is $53.40, for a total of $78.40. If there is something you would like to add to your return order, we will waive shipping charges. I can send you a PayPal bill or you can send a money order in the shipment. When it has been returned to you, it will be a new vaporizer. Also, is your vaporizer a 220V unit with a UK plug? If not, you probably have a 110V unit and will need to have it swapped to the 220V electronics. This is something we will do for no additional charge. And upon return, your heater stand will be upgraded to the new pressure bar and a new heater cover will be installed. We apologize, but hopefully this makes the return a little better.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer Care

So pretty good customer service so far I would say :)

I'll keep you updated on the case.

Cheers

D

The way that started had me worried for a second or two. Glad to hear, even when they must break some bad news, they are polite and helpful.

X24,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hi guys, does anyone know exactly which components of the DBV are made overseas?

I'm debating between the DBV and SSV models and this info would really help. Also, between the black and silver models, which one is a better buy?

Thanks in advance : )

It depends - do you like black or silver? :nod:

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Red would be sick - but I don't think I could convince my wife that I need "another" vape because of the color - she'd kill me! :cuss:

mvapes,
asking help for my new DBV (Merged)

I leave it on max setting for 10 minutes so its fully heated up, ok now.. I take a fast draw for 1 second and pull the wand out...

I get alot of vapor out... and I do this untill nothing comes out and all the herb is dark brown but none of them are black... am i not combusting? my room smells though after...

MAX TEMP + Fast pull for 1 second

but lots of vapor!

i dont think im combusting cuz the herb isnt black is this a good idea to keep doing??

BuddhaVaporizer87,
Top Bottom