Da Buddha

Vitolo

Vaporist
Just encouraging you to enjoy.. and go with the flow.. and let it all come to you... as I know it will. ;)
"Use the Force Luke thatoneguyaz"
Keep your screen domed upwards..
stir between hits, best to stir while weed is still warm, ... cooled weed in the wand is crispy and crumbles when stirred making dust..
Have a blast!

Vitolo,
Vitolo said:
Just encouraging you to enjoy.. and go with the flow.. and let it all come to you... as I know it will. ;)
"Use the Force Luke thatoneguyaz"
Keep your screen domed upwards..
stir between hits, best to stir while weed is still warm, ... cooled weed in the wand is crispy and crumbles when stirred making dust..
Have a blast!

Lol, for sure :D Thank you. Those are the types of tips I need/want :brow::brow:

thatoneguyaz,
Hey everyone!! Just wanted to let you guys and gals in on a little experiment I ran last night on my Da Buddha. Well I just got a really nice 8th of some no name and boy does it last for freakin ever in the vape. So last night I decided to see exactly how many hits i can get out of a bowl. Now mind you when I pack a bowl it isn't huge because it doesn't need to be. I actually took it out after I was done and put it on my scale and it didn't even register(my scale starts at .1). Well I started pulling hits and when I say hits I mean huge monster hits(because as most of you know I crank my Da Buddha all the way up and just hit the hell out of the thing. I am able to get a nice huge rip in 3 seconds then a clear)and I start counting. 1, 2, 3, etc....... I didn't want to finish the bowl till it was completely done(I was high as shit after the first 4 hits lol) because I usually do that to conserve but it seems that I don't get as much out of the herb when I vape some now and then vape some later. So I took it all in one bowl. Well you will be pleased to hear that I get 20, yes 20, huge big hits out of that one bowl. And those were big nice hits too. It could have made like 5 more smaller ones but I usually make it ABV by then because I don't really vape it once it stops producing big clouds of vapor. Because at that point it is pretty popcorny tasting. Just thought I would tell my story and how much the Da Buddha fucking rocks!

Also running another experiment. I just vaped the same amount and pulled 7 hits and kept it in there. Now later I'll report back when I go back and hit it again to see how many more I can pull out of it.

VapeNStone,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
VapeNStone said:
Also running another experiment. I just vaped the same amount and pulled 7 hits and kept it in there. Now later I'll report back when I go back and hit it again to see how many more I can pull out of it.

not sure if you are willing to do it, but if you made a youtube video of how you grind, pack, set DBV, and hit it, it may make more sense. the only reason i say this is because if i do what you are describing (or what i think youre describing), my shit would burn up so quick.

it also may be because of the quality/moisture of your ganja versus mine...

i dont think i could get away with using your method on my DBV & not combusting...

also, i think ganja loses weight before its vaped compared to after its vaped because the weight of the THC/other molecules released at certain temps is excluded from the weight when you weigh it afterwards...just wasnt sure if you knew that or not...

akwardsauce,
Very good points. I usually grind my herb in my 4 piece once and then I take apart the two top pieces and grind it a second time this time those two pieces only but upside down. Then I put them back together trying not to spill and let it drop into the grinder again like normal. Then I bang the two top pieces and extract any and all the kief that got built up there after grinding so much(I usually get around a half a bowl of kief depending on the herbs!!!). Then I suck it all in the da buddha and hit away. I don't live in a MJ safe state so I would rather not show my face in the vids.

VapeNStone,

cluffy

Vaker
VapeNstone, you can make a vid without showing your facxe, check out my 'morning break' post of MB

scroll down to it, drunken vaping is funnier...

cluffy,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
VapeNStone said:
Very good points. I usually grind my herb in my 4 piece once and then I take apart the two top pieces and grind it a second time this time those two pieces only but upside down. Then I put them back together trying not to spill and let it drop into the grinder again like normal. Then I bang the two top pieces and extract any and all the kief that got built up there after grinding so much(I usually get around a half a bowl of kief depending on the herbs!!!). Then I suck it all in the da buddha and hit away. I don't live in a MJ safe state so I would rather not show my face in the vids.

maybe wear an obama mask? just kidding...

akwardsauce,
VapeNStone said:

I'm not quite understanding your experiments either, to be honest.
Are you taking slow, drawn out hits?
Or short hits where you suck really hard (lol) ?

It was my understanding that the slower you hit it the better, is this correct?

thatoneguyaz,
thatoneguyaz said:
VapeNStone said:

I'm not quite understanding your experiments either, to be honest.
Are you taking slow, drawn out hits?
Or short hits where you suck really hard (lol) ?

Yea I am cranking the unit full blast and sucking in really fast for 2 seconds and achieving a huge hit in a faster amount of time with less learning curve.

Wanted to edit because I went back and vaped the rest of that bowl and I didn't get nearly as many hits as if I would have vaped it all on the spot. But I usually can last a bowl for two rounds because it just doesn't take a full load for my to get to where I want to be.

VapeNStone,

max

Out to lunch
thatoneguyaz said:
That depends on your temp setting. Draw speed determines the vaping temp, along with the dial setting. A higher temp setting, with a fresh bowl, should be used with a strong draw, unless you're looking for a high temp hit right off the bat. That's OK, if it's what you want, but going high temp right away will use up your bowl contents in a hurry. And of course a strong, fast draw at a lower temp setting may take your vaping temp too low to even produce vapor. So you have to take draw speed into consideration when you set the temp. Use a speed that's comfortable for you, and adust the temp dial accordingly. Those who are used to hitting a bong really hard will probably be more comfortable with a higher dial setting than someone who prefers a nice, easy draw. This is all part of the learning curve with a whip vape, and something to keep in mind when multiple people are using. The dial setting for person A may be perfect for their draw speed, but may be really off for person B, who has a very different hitting style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitolo

Vaporist
sweet spot X lung comfort draw Lung capacity/cheek-suctioncontrol = Well medicated Vaporist :ko:

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
2crm45g.jpg

Vitolo,
max said:
thatoneguyaz said:
That depends on your temp setting. Draw speed determines the vaping temp, along with the dial setting. A higher temp setting, with a fresh bowl, should be used with a strong draw, unless you're looking for a high temp hit right off the bat. That's OK, if it's what you want, but going high temp right away will use up your bowl contents in a hurry. And of course a strong, fast draw at a lower temp setting may take your vaping temp too low to even produce vapor. So you have to take draw speed into consideration when you set the temp. Use a speed that's comfortable for you, and adust the temp dial accordingly. Those who are used to hitting a bong really hard will probably be more comfortable with a higher dial setting than someone who prefers a nice, easy draw. This is all part of the learning curve with a whip vape, and something to keep in mind when multiple people are using. The dial setting for person A may be perfect for their draw speed, but may be really off for person B, who has a very different hitting style.

I just vaped, feeling good :ko:
Thanks for the explanation, holy shit. Very detailed and I definitely understand now. I'm used to hitting a bong for sure. If I could give you rep points or something, I would :o

Edit:
And next, the dreaded screen!! It already looks like it needs to be replaced.

thatoneguyaz,
I got the replacement screen directly for my Da Buddha from Blissville I believe and they fit great. I don't know why everyone is having trouble fitting the screens as it takes me two seconds. Ever since I started doming them up they seem to be easier to put in.

VapeNStone,

Vapor Partisan

Greetings Fuck Combustion! I've known about your forum and have used it as a resource for more than half a year now, and it truly pains me to start off my posting career here with such negativity.

Anyway, on to my problem: I entered the world of vaporization 8 months ago when I bought a used Da Buddha. It served me well without any technical hitches until the heater cover came loose this summer. Initially I was worried, but after half an hour or so of fiddling I was able to get everything sturdily into place again so I forgot about it for the time being. But the heater cover was never quite as firm as it was before, I was forced to take extra care putting in and removing the wand and the incident repeated itself a several times although I was always able to set things to rights relatively quickly.

This Thursday the heater cover came free again under the weight of the wand, but this time I was unable to get it to stay in place again through an entire wand-fill's worth of use. I tried every configuration I could think of in hopes of solving the problem, but only succeeded in ruining all of my rubber bands and breaking my heater cover when I tried to force it. Luckily I had a spare, since I and the friends I allowed to use it had combusted a fair amount while learning to use the vape and the visible stains of it never came out with isopropyl alcohol so I ordered a replacement and kept the old one. I mentioned this part here just to reinforce how surprisingly delicate and stressed the glass of the heater covers really is. NEVER do what I did and use your full strength on these things because they're very expensive to replace.

Despite this setback, I was able to find out the major instability was not with the connection between the heater cover and metal cylinder that goes around the base of the ceramic heating element, but between that metal cylinder and the thick aluminum "floor" of the open area that surrounds the heater. At this point this cylinder usually "sticks" to the metal pieces that hug the inside of the heater cover when I try to pull the heater cover out. And while I can make it click when I put it in the correct position around the base of the heating element, a small amount of force (less than the weight of the wand + whip) is enough to tilt it dramatically. In addition to putting force on the heating element, when this cylinder tips it disrupts the normal airflow pattern and renders the vaporizer nearly impossible to use.

Hopefully that explanation was clear enough, and if I'm lucky you've seen similar issues before (although there's practically nothing relevant on Google.) My first question is, do you think it would help for me to replace this metal cylinder? If so, how can I do that (7th Floor doesn't sell replacements for this part)? Second, do you think that gluing the metal into place on the aluminum "floor" would be any help? If so, what kind of glue would be strong enough to support the weight of the heater cover, wand and whip while under the heat that area experiences?

I also have one more side question: Do any of you know of a video or series of pictures that shows visually how you're supposed to connect the heater cover to the metal cylinder? I thought I understood how that worked with the shims and the curved rectangle (my names for these things must sound really silly to those of you in the know) but since I just broke a heater cover from forcing it perhaps that was overconfidence speaking. I'm going to order a new, clean heater cover in any case and don't want to shatter it the day I get it.

Thanks a ton for reading this long post, and even more if you respond to it. I went to 7th Floor first, but I'm still waiting on their response and would love to get on to the next step of fixing my Da Buddha as soon as possible. The problems it's come upon lately are probably connected with my using it daily for most of a year.

Your prompt responses will be rewarded hugely in the next life!!!

Vapor Partisan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You do not have to connect anything.you place the thin metal sleeve in place, and slide the HC down. if it is loose , take the sleeeve off, and gently squeeze it this way and that slightly out of round here and theer. do this until the HC is snug. There is no other attaching needed.
I am looking now. Squeeze the top of the metal cylinder one way, and the bottom the other. ( BE GENTLE).. and this should make entire situation snug.
Take pictures if you can

Vitolo,
Top Bottom