Da Buddha

cluffy

Vaker
Cheers! charliedon'tsurf: email and or call 7th floor about your problem, they'll probably talk you through fixing it. In my experience the ceramic element is pretty well connected, I've pulled it up and pushed it back in (seeing if it made a difference, turns out not much), and no catastrophes yet. As long as you're gentle and don't force anything you should be able to straighten it out. The search here works pretty well if you read this post on how to use it: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3115

PeaceLuvPot: High, I appreciate your taking the time to research and the mods are all about using the search before posting a question. I'm the guy (one of few) who has the SSV type HC for the DBV. I had no experience with either before I bought my DBV and had I known my vaping preference I would've bought an SSV. I was just lucky enough to be at the right place in the right time. If my DBV ever dies I'll be buying an SSV ASAP.

Either way an awesome vape! (Try putting a little scoop of kif on a fresh wandful, delicious!)

PeaceLuvPot said:
charliedontsurf said:
PeaceLuvPot said:
One thing I don't understand about the new people that come to this thread (I see this elsewhere a lot too). They get a Da Budda, they find this thread, they see its 56 pages long, yet they do not read any of it and come n here and ask questions that have been answered a million times. I just don't get why people don't help themselves, and instead just reply on everyone else to do everything for them. lol. Ok, thats my vent, its over.

There's an entire Steinback novel in this thread, there's older and revised editions of War and Peace in the MFLB thread. Don't talk shit because I don't feel like blowing a whole afternoon digging and digging, or using a search function which leaves much to be desired. If we just wanted a board of dead, clinical info we'd have that, instead we have a forum; forums sometimes have the same questions brought up over and over, and hopefully, graciously answered over and over, FLskwat did.

Got the HC off with no problems, gave it a quick cleaning too. The problem is the ceramic heater itself - it refuses to stay in place when I try to move it to the right (it being originally too far biased toward the left). It just goes back to its original position and I'm obviously reluctant to put alot of force on the thing, I'm worried it'll just snap in two.

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome. Always amazes me to find hostile stoners. I quoted you in my first post, because I directly answered your question. The first sentence of my first post was a polite answer to your question. But leaving that out of your quote i guess helps justify the hostility. Then I introduced myself and began talking about Da Budda. Then things I noticed thru the thread. My comment on questions being answered a million times was not even referring to your question, which again, I politely answered. It was directed to some of the more "newbish" questions that not only have been answered constantly, but maybe even as recently as 1 page back from where they asked.

I know I quoted you in my first post, but as it was my first post, I went in several directions, had many thoughts after reading 56 pages. My comment was not directed at you. I also agree that message forums are for conversation. I was not nitpicking, I was venting a bit is all. If you go back and read the 56 pages, I think what I was referring to is pretty clear. Nothing wrong with repeated questions, I was actually thinking of making a post that contained a summary of everything I learned from the 56 page read, just to have some points from earlier in the thread posted in the later pages as well. But I do not think it is much to expect someone coming hear as a new owner of a Da Budda, to actually read the thread that he is about to skip right to the end without reading and post a question, that he can easily find the answer to on the first 3 or 4 pages of the thread.

Anyway, no need for hostility, I aint about the hate nor the drama. Peace.

Unless you're double billed, this is your second post. Odd tone and odd manner for a second poster. I didn't exclude you from my post, I just hastily edited the code so it wouldn't be a needless wall of text that would cause headaches for the unwashed masses. This isn't a black-ops conspiracy, it's a 45 second post before I fly out the door.

Perhaps my tone was checkered by my state, my week, my moment, my vape problem at that instant in time, but seeing myself quoted and detecting obviously sass by a first poster, you, immediately caused a "Oh, no you didn't" reaction. No one likes a sass-mouth, or a reactionary, as I should note.

May you live for a hundred years. If I offended, and I could see where I would, then take this as an apology for doing so. The last thing in life I'm trying to do is raise anyone's blood pressure.

Cluffy - I will contact 7th floor and see what they have to say. I did see the heating element had a bit of vertical play, what's up with that? Anyone's experience on adjusting the actual ceramic heating element would be appreciated.

charliedontsurf,

dazza30

i used mine for the first time on about 1 and i think it might have been a bit high on the temps, i really want to get the low temps as it seems to be safer after reading the only tests that have been done was at 200 degrees C and not over . there is really know way to know what the actually temp is on the da buddha which does bother me as i really want the low temps safe level ? . I know this might not matter to most people but im wondering what about the people that is does matter to, can you buy anything that will mesure the temp with out to much trouble?

dazza30,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Some people use a kill-a-watt to read how many watts are being put out, which can be used as a way or controlling temperature. Not the best solution but a cheap and easy one.

Best tip I can give is just start low, like around 10 o clock and slowly move up. It's always better to start low and not get hits a few times rather than have it too high and leave a nice dark brown spot in the middle of your green.

aesthyrian,

dazza30

aesthyrian said:
Some people use a kill-a-watt to read how many watts are being put out, which can be used as a way or controlling temperature. Not the best solution but a cheap and easy one.

Best tip I can give is just start low, like around 10 o clock and slowly move up. It's always better to start low and not get hits a few times rather than have it too high and leave a nice dark brown spot in the middle of your green.
yer my hits where a bit cloudy I was thinking about getting of a thermometer or an
Infrared thermometer would that work ? Im not sure where i would put it or point it to get an accurate reading

dazza30,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Infrared thermometer: very interesting idea... I'd recommend pointing the heater and deducing more or less 10 c. to estimate the air path temp. ...

Aesthyrian's advice is good though, systematic testing is always a good approach: start at 11 am (after 2 mn. preheat at noon for example)... 1 or 2 hits.. if no visual exhale, 11H30, 1 or 2 hits etc... till you find the 3 or 4 essential points:

1st vaporisation point
Low Temp Sweet point
High Temp Sweet point
Limit point before scorching...

FLskwat,

Brenard420

Creepin in the shadows!
So i've only had my da buddha for a short time but my screens seem to get clogged up pretty quickly. Such a nicer cleaner hit with a new screen, I find myself changing them often.
I clean all my screens so they can be reused, but they still get bent and misshapened.

Wondering if there is anywhere i can get replacement screens without ordering them online???
Also if i do end up ordering them online, i found a site that sells them cheap.

http://www.rollingpaperdepot.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=0.625+inch+screens

500 brass screens $16.49
500 stainless steel $15.49

screen size = 0.625 inches or 1.6cm

Brenard420,

max

Out to lunch
my screens seem to get clogged up pretty quickly
If you use the pointed stir tool to scrape the screen a little after a bowl is done, this won't happen. My screens stay clean long after the wand is coated with residue and needs to be cleaned. Don't just dump out your ABV and reload. Take 10 seconds to loosen up the remains with your pick and get your screen clean and it's easy to keep it that way.

max,

illerrre

Gotta say I love the da buddah! Is it just me or does the vapor never end? Smoking 0,1 takes 20 minutes or so and I don't rest very much between the hits. Hit, pass, hit, pass. :D It's great!

Two questions though. A friend burned the herb really really bad the other day, does that damage the da buddah in any way?

I have some ashes in the bottom of the heater, does that matter? I've had it there for a while and it doesn't seem to affect it. I've turned the da buddah upside down and got some out, but not all of it.

illerrre,

raai

howdy folks.

i got a da buddha a couple years ago and enjoy it except it gives me sore lungs and throat so i've only been using it once in awhile. i started reading about using a bong or the 7th floor ice chamber or water filter to lessen the heat on my throat (i usually vape between the 12 and 1 oclock positions)!

i'm trying to make a decision on how to cool my lungs and still vape but i keep changing my mind on which to do. if you're bored, help a brother make a decision!

i don't have a bong, i'm a joint guy and the bong lessens the high. now i have the decision to make of buying a bong (thinking of using ice in it) and the 7th floor bong adaptor, buying the ice or water "bong" from 7th floor or getting an Arizer Extreme-Q because i'm thinking using the bag should be cooler on my lungs.

i'm trying to avoid having the vapor go through water, so i'm thinking of a tall bong or the tall ice chamber from 7th floor. but i'd be paying almost as much as it would cost to buy the arizer extreme.

i read one post from a guy that still gets sore throats even using the ice chamber so i'm leary of spending from $60 to $170ish for one. i'm really high, am flipping a coin and would like your opinions on which way you would go on this.

i'm now off to research if people get sore throats from the vapor that comes out of the bag. i love the interwebs! :)

raai,

Pappy

shmaporist
I'm on an extended trip and took DBV as my DDriver. Haven't vaped without a water tool for months and I forgot how good a vape DBV is without diffusion. Very smooth! Been using the EQV exclusively for vapor bonging but upon my return will put DBV back in mix. :D

Pappy,

SmokingElectricity

fuck yeah pappy. :lol:

i pulled out the custom glass and been using my DBV without water diffusion all weekend. packed it up with about half a gram of kief press yesterday and it lasted well into the night. :ko:

EDIT: actually lasted well into the early morning i should say.

SmokingElectricity,

Pappy

shmaporist
SmokingElectricity said:
fuck yeah pappy. :lol:

i pulled out the custom glass and been using my DBV without water diffusion all weekend. packed it up with about half a gram of kief press yesterday and it lasted well into the night. :ko:

EDIT: actually lasted well into the early morning i should say.
Love the new avatar SE!

Pappy,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
max said:
my screens seem to get clogged up pretty quickly
If you use the pointed stir tool to scrape the screen a little after a bowl is done, this won't happen. My screens stay clean long after the wand is coated with residue and need to be cleaned. Don't just dump out your ABV and reload. Take 10 seconds to loosen up the remains with your pick and get your screen clean and it's easy to keep it that way.

This and turning the DBV or SSV all the way up and taking a few quick pulls while the wand is empty will keep that screen clog free.

aesthyrian,
Reactions: Bawls
Like 2 weeks into ownership and I've noticed my DBV heating element is having trouble, rapidly losing temperature and needing to be cranked like 75% just to finish a bowl in a setup very similar to the EQ-style screen. I used to be able to leave it at literally the lowest setting and vape the whole bowl, not anymore..

charliedontsurf,

Pappy

shmaporist
charliedontsurf said:
Like 2 weeks into ownership and I've noticed my DBV heating element is having trouble, rapidly losing temperature and needing to be cranked like 75% just to finish a bowl in a setup very similar to the EQ-style screen. I used to be able to leave it at literally the lowest setting and vape the whole bowl, not anymore..
Same herb and cure? If you're sure it's electrical contact 7th Floor.

sunsett70

Just when i thought that the dbv couldn't get any better.......yesterday i used my dbv with a 'makeshift' bong (using a mineral water bottle) and it was a blast! I mixed the herb with damiana (at first i didn't like the taste of damiana but now i found out it is a wonderful mixture) and it took awhile for the creepy high to get me but it got me so blasted - my coordination was off n all but i was still 'pumped' up enough to do some heavy exercise (sit ups, push up etc etc). didn't notice any couch-locked attitude..... sure is a good feeling with a bong/water cooler as i could 'pull' lung bursting hits that was easier on my throat and the hits get u the 'high' but i was pumped-up at the same time, ironically nice. and thru the bong i could see the vapor being 'stored' in the mineral water bottle and i could take vapor sips, wow. my lady also tried it but she said it got her real 'sleepy' like. i guess maybe it hits different for some people. my lady is used to joints so maybe there a 'settling in' period before your body gets used to it? anyway, i slept well last night, no 'hangover' today but slight 'drifty' feeling, quite pleasant actually. it was an enjoyable experience with the water adapter, long live da buddha!

p/s - i think it is not recommended to reuse mineral water bottles but it was just a one off experiment before i order a water cooler.

sunsett70,

stuartambient

sunsett70 said:
Just when i thought that the dbv couldn't get any better.......yesterday i used my dbv with a 'makeshift' bong (using a mineral water bottle) and it was a blast! I mixed the herb with damiana (at first i didn't like the taste of damiana but now i found out it is a wonderful mixture) and it took awhile for the creepy high to get me but it got me so blasted - my coordination was off n all but i was still 'pumped' up enough to do some heavy exercise (sit ups, push up etc etc). didn't notice any couch-locked attitude..... sure is a good feeling with a bong/water cooler as i could 'pull' lung bursting hits that was easier on my throat and the hits get u the 'high' but i was pumped-up at the same time, ironically nice. and thru the bong i could see the vapor being 'stored' in the mineral water bottle and i could take vapor sips, wow. my lady also tried it but she said it got her real 'sleepy' like. i guess maybe it hits different for some people. my lady is used to joints so maybe there a 'settling in' period before your body gets used to it? anyway, i slept well last night, no 'hangover' today but slight 'drifty' feeling, quite pleasant actually. it was an enjoyable experience with the water adapter, long live da buddha!

p/s - i think it is not recommended to reuse mineral water bottles but it was just a one off experiment before i order a water cooler.

How did you hook it up. Just curious . Do you have the stem ?

SA

stuartambient,

sunsett70

stuartambient said:
How did you hook it up. Just curious . Do you have the stem ?
SA

i didn't use any extra parts other than the water bottle. u can either drill a hole in it or use a butane torch, quickfire to make a hole. underestimate the hole size so you have to squeeze the tube in, this makes it kinda airtight. no leaking problem also as the opening is higher than the water level. then just take off the mouthpiece on the wand and just stick the tube into the bottle.

sunsett70,
Why are you guys using plastic bottles? Decent glass on glass bongs are very inexpensive, just check out www.Etsy.com. You can find beautiful mini-beakers for like 49.99. You are almost doubtlessly compromising your health by using the water bottle... Not that I haven't made a gravity-bong in my time but you get my point.

Update: My under-heating problem was solved by moving to another outlet - the one it was plugged into had a powerstrip and about 7 other devices, so it probably just wasn't getting enough juice.

Those looking to buy a 18.8 mm glass on glass bong adaptor And/or a arizer elbow-pack screen might want to hit up ebay. You can get a elbow bowl (works 100% as an adaptor) with a elbow screen thrown in for like 6.99 shipped. Tubing fits fine, nice seal. I'm on a T break now but we'll see how she works soon. It's like 7.99 I think for two elbow screens and two (throwaway) regular screens, so I think this is a better deal.

This is a odd question given my previous problems, but is there anyway to low the minimum temp of the Buddha? My unit clicks on at about 9 Oclock sharp, I've heard some peoples start at like 7:30 - I've been using a screen shoved roughly halfway down a 18.8 mm glass on glass adaptor as a wand, and gotten good vape there on the lowest. It seems that when I pack the elbow screen it'll be at most 25% down the male adaptor and will almost undoubtedly singe and burn... We'll see when the break ends.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: aesthyrian

sunsett70

thanks for your concern, dude, hence my statement "it's a one off experiment....". and yes, it's true, inexpensive glass bongs are available but takes time to get from point A to point B. in the meantime, i had me a water bottle in my hand, so.......

and different units of the dbv click on/off at different times, the temp knob can be pull out and 'adjusted' so time comparisons can vary.

sunsett70,
Top Bottom