Da Buddha

SmokingElectricity

illerrre said:
No point in arguing with you. I know I get a free storage bag, but I also have the option to choose case for 40$ which is NOT included.

no. you don't need the case [unless maybe you have kids and you need to hide it after. i guess]

no you do not need to turn it off inbetween bowl packs.

SmokingElectricity,

max

Out to lunch
illerrre said:
No point in arguing with you. I know I get a free storage bag, but I also have the option to choose case for 40$ which is NOT included.
I don't see any option for a case, other than the dime bags, and unlike the free storage bag you get with the vape, those aren't designed to hold a 7th Floor vape. The free storage bag is padded and nothing else is needed for protection unless you ship the vape, and you'd use packing material for that.

max,

2clicker

Observer
illerrre said:
Da buddha does seem good. You said "not the most effecient vape on the market" would you care to elaborate? I understand a volcano for 3 times the price is more effecient, ofcourse but comparing to other vaporizers in this price range and comparing to just a bong how efficient is it?

volcano is in no way more efficient than a DBV. at least not in my experiences.

in fact dont even worry about efficiency. vaporizing alone is way more efficient than smoking. worrying about efficiency after that is silly IMO.

i honestly would never want a vape that i didnt at least get to touch, smell, grind, and taste at least a tenth - few tenths of a gram. if you think about it, with the log vapes that everyone loves because of their efficiency. they arent getting more out of their herb than anyone else. they are just getting smaller amounts each hit which IMO i would not want.

so what do you want? do you want rich thick hits when you want them and small hits when you dont? or do you want a vape that will give you small hits thus making it seem like your herb is lasting longer than it really is...?

vaporizer efficiency is way overrated

2clicker,

SmokingElectricity

vaporizer efficiency is way overrated

i sort of agree to a point. when i use my LB or my MZ i know for a fact that i using alot less bud throughout the day. but i too when i used to combust would only smoke bongs. even now that i don't combust anymore, i still crave bong hits [often :D ] and so far, out of the vapes that i own DBV,MZ,LB,noble and phantom, nothing satisfies this craving like my DBV with water filtration.

since you said yourself that you only blaze one or twice a week, conservation really shouldn't be a big issue to you.

SmokingElectricity,

2clicker

Observer
SmokingElectricity said:
since you said yourself that you only blaze one or twice a week, conservation really shouldn't be a big issue to you.

who me...?
beetlejuice.jpg

oh hell naw... everyday all day

2clicker,

upriver

combustion-free
illerrre said:
Let's say my sweetspot is 10 o' clock. Is the following procedure correct?

I set it on 10 o' clock. I wait 3 minutes and then put the herb in.

I inhale a couple of times. Then I turn it up to 11, inhale a couple of times then turn it up to 12 inhale a couple of times and then turn it off.

How long should I let it "burn" before inhaling the first time?

How do I know when there is no more thc?

Does it matter if I fill it with 0,1 or 0,3 at a time?

I usually wait 15 minutes, as the instructions suggested, or turn it on full blast for 3 minutes, and then down to my preferred spot (1 o'clock for me) and let it cool for 30 seconds or a minute.

I leave it at this setting the whole time unless for some reason I feel its too hot or too cool and draw speed is not enough to compensate.

I do not let it "burn" at all before inhaling. Touch the whip to the element, and go!

There is no more THC when the herb is all tan colored, tastes vaguely like popcorn, and you are not getting high anymore. I quit well before this point; as soon as its no longer tasting good and I am not exhaling visible vapor. If you are low on supply, you might want to go as long as possible. Basically, if you can't tell if you are getting a hit or not, its spent.

It does not matter how much you fill it. It seems that lighter packed bowls burn better and are easier to stir/manage, but obviously require filling much more often. If you want to use the hands-free style and vape many hits, you probably want to pack a larger amount. Alone, I only need 2-4 good hits to be fully vaked so I pack small wands, and usually cannot finish it in one session. I enjoy the taste of a fresh wand so it is in my best interest to pack wands as small as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
upriver,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
You only need to let it warm up for 15 minutes the first time you use it after taking if out of the packaging and that is only to ensure that any excess residue from packing is gone. After that it only takes about a minute and you're good.

aesthyrian,

jambolaya

I have a really low tolerance, so all I really need is around .025 in my mlfb to get me flying. So I am wondering how much I have to pack and if I have to vape it all in one sitting. Because if I have to use .1g to have a good vapor to air ratio then I would be wasting .075g.
Also I have heard that da buddha smells compared to other vaporizers especially the mflb. Is this true? Does the vaporizer itself smell after your session in the way that a pipe or bong would after combusting?
thanks

jambolaya,

upriver

combustion-free
aesthyrian said:
You only need to let it warm up for 15 minutes the first time you use it after taking if out of the packaging and that is only to ensure that any excess residue from packing is gone. After that it only takes about a minute and you're good.

Very good to know!

It seems that when I put it right on to 1 o'clock, and try to hit it after even say 5 minutes, its not quite there yet. Might be placebo effect though since I had it stuck in my head that it should take 15. I'll give it a try and pay close attention next time.

upriver,

upriver

combustion-free
danielofski said:
I have a really low tolerance, so all I really need is around .025 in my mlfb to get me flying. So I am wondering how much I have to pack and if I have to vape it all in one sitting. Because if I have to use .1g to have a good vapor to air ratio then I would be wasting .075g.
Also I have heard that da buddha smells compared to other vaporizers especially the mflb. Is this true? Does the vaporizer itself smell after your session in the way that a pipe or bong would after combusting?
thanks

I happen to use both MFLB and SSV (so sorry for snooping along on this thread since I don't technically have a DB).

The MFLB emits very little odor, even when packed with halfway-vaped fragrant herb. However, loading it can smell, and very strong fresh herb can also smell, even if the hatch is closed. Hard to blame the vape for that though... if you want to be sneaky you need to carry a well-sealing herb container, and wait until you need to to load it. Then use it and dump it. Very low odor if you follow that plan.

The SSV and I assume DB do not smell much after use although you need to dump the ABV immediately as the half-vaped whip can smell as much as your weed does. Again, not really the vape's fault. When the screen and wand get pretty nasty, it can smell as much as any semi-clean pipe would. It won't be as black and nasty, but yes "wand hash" does have an aroma if you get within a few feet of the whip, especially if its moved or disturbed. To keep your DB setup stealthy, I would keep a towel somewhere to whipe it down occasionally, and ideally have a gallon sized slide-loc baggie to keep the whip in. Any sealable container like a little rubbermade box would work as well.

upriver,

jambolaya

^^
So if I keep the whip in two freezer bags, people inside the same room shouldnt be able to smell it right? Also does the unit itself smell? And how does the smell of the exhaled vapor compare to the mflb?
thanks

jambolaya,

upriver

combustion-free
danielofski said:
^^
So if I keep the whip in two freezer bags, people inside the same room shouldnt be able to smell it right? Also does the unit itself smell? And how does the smell of the exhaled vapor compare to the mflb?
thanks

The unit shouldn't smell at all unless you accidentally spill some herb on it, and even then it shouldn't be too bad. Thats why I suggested having a cloth around and to habitually wipe it off. Your fingers might be sticky when you touch the knob, etc. The whip is the only part which should have an odor, and if you clean it religiously it will be very odor-free.

The exhaled vapor from either device can be rather odorous, although not as bad as smoke. With the MFLB, you can excercise discipline and "ghost" hits that are almost undetectable when exhaled. People on this site make a sport of using the MFLB in very public places, like movie theaters. Use caution if you take on this pursuit.

The SSV/DB gives you a lot of control. You can take near flavorless hits that are quite effective and yet very difficult to detect, or you can dial it up for a very rich vapor that fills the room. Again it will not smell as bad as smoke and not be as pervasive, but you can exhale a cloud that smells a lot like very fine fresh herb, if that is what you put into it. It dissipates much more quickly than smoke, and will not leak out under doors etc, but you must still use discretion if you are trying to be stealthy.

The MFLB is definitely the stealthier of the two units, but the SSV is capable of a much richer faux-smoking experience that will give effect and flavor more similar to smoking. I like them both... a great combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
upriver,

jambolaya

Thanks upriver your posts helped me a lot. Would you happen to know the answer to my first question?

jambolaya,

upriver

combustion-free
Sorry, I never weigh doses like that, and I think you are overthinking it. Just put a little in, see how it vapes, and if you are done but the herb isn't, put it in a nice little container like a portable pill box or tiny glass jar and use it again later.

upriver,

jambolaya

Thats exactly what I was wondering, is bad/ worse to use the same batch the next or even 3 days as opposed to finishing the bowl in one sitting?

jambolaya,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Nope. I rarely manage to finish a bowl in one sitting (I usually load between 0.05-0.1g).. usually takes me atleast an hour or two to finish on most days coz I like to take 2-3 hits and then let it be for a while

TwztedVaper,

illerrre

Is the dbv really that efficient or do you people just don't smoke alot? I'm using bong right now and I'm smoking 0,3 within 1 hours and it's good shit.

illerrre,

cluffy

Vaker
sunsett70 said:
cluffy, you are talking about the ssv usd15 standard heater cover or the usd27.99 Ground Glass Heater Cover? so all i have to do is tell them that i want to fit it into my dbv, and they will customise it?

Yes, the usd15 standard. Just tell them in the comments box that it's for the DBV. I got mine in a week. With the non hands free you can rest your thumb on top of the DBV while vaping to ensure a good connection. Try that with the SSV!! :-P Updated link to the HC: http://silversurfervap.com/glass/heater-covers/standard-heater-cover.html

cluffy,

SmokingElectricity

illerrre said:
Is the dbv really that efficient or do you people just don't smoke alot? I'm using bong right now and I'm smoking 0,3 within 1 hours and it's good shit.

put that 0.3 in the DBV, depending on the strain, you could double the amount of hits you get off of combustion. and thats real good shit.

SmokingElectricity,

max

Out to lunch
illerrre said:
The amount you use in a given time frame, smoking or vaping, doesn't apply to everyone. I can easily make .3g last a couple of days, sometimes twice as long. And I don't take tolerance breaks.

shane15

Hey all, I have had my da Buddha for about 6 months and Absolutely love it. I picked up a custom wand and knob which changes the whole look of it. My question o you forum, is I was wondering if I wanted to paint my silver da Buddha, what kind of paint would I use to paint the aluminum housing. Has anyone attempted this?

shane15,

sunsett70

dudes, i just got my dbv, up close it's even more beautiful than i imagined. i cannot use it now though cause i am out of the wonderful herb :( but sure is great to hold it and imagine and all. one thing though, looking at the wand, i always thought that the screen would be flat or form a 'u' shape to hold the herb but when i hold it up (ground glass side up) the screen is like an upside down 'u'. is it supposed to be this way or should i press it down to make it a flat screen or a 'u' shape?

cluffy, thanks for reply. i think before i go loco on the mod hc and whip, i will try the original first. expected the dbv wand bowl to be bigger cause read comments that the dbv was bigger than some of the other vapes but it is smaller than i thought (great!). can't imagine then how small the bowl is for the PD.

sunsett70,

Nycdeisel

Man, I have my DBV and PD in front of me right now, Im using my PD and its just crazy how little I can load at a time.

On the DBV: The screen should start out more flat, and over time, with packing down and heating and such, the screen should bend down a little, making more of a bowl or coned shape, or a U in your eyes, sunsett.

Note: When you replace the screen in the future, the last step is to push it down firmly but gently with the marble pick until it bends more inwards.

Nycdeisel,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Nice and congrats, you've pretty much got the collection I want over there :brow:

I'm enjoying my SSV though, trying some hash in it for the first time as we speak.

Oppose to others their experiences I've read about I do find that it makes me use way more marijuana then when combusting unfortunately. I went through 1,8 gram yesterday, about 3 times more then I use when I smoke it in joints on an average day.

OhTheAgony,

illerrre

OhTheAgony said:
Nice and congrats, you've pretty much got the collection I want over there :brow:

I'm enjoying my SSV though, trying some hash in it for the first time as we speak.

Oppose to others their experiences I've read about I do find that it makes me use way more marijuana then when combusting unfortunately. I went through 1,8 gram yesterday, about 3 times more then I use when I smoke it in joints on an average day.

That doesn't sound good at all:/ Sure you aint doing anything wrong?

illerrre,
Top Bottom