Da Buddha

Nycdeisel

See post # 1060 and #1061 on this page.

I take out the wand and set it down after each hit or else
1. it can get hot and/or lock.
2. could get pulled out while your using it.

Heres how I use mine
DSC03403.jpg

Nycdeisel,
Reactions: vorrange

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I always take my wand out after hitting it, and then cork it so I don't accidentally spill any herb. Corks are my DBV's best fwiend :)

aesthyrian,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yay, you guys are quick. Thanks for your replies. Can one make poll's here btw? In hindsight it's more of a poll kind of a question I realize.

Yeah, I read about the getting stuck problem NycD. Kind of a contradict with the falling out problem that others have, ironic.

What kind of poker is that btw, and how is it attached to your Buddha?

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah gotcha. I thought the tube was part of the poker at first, great idea. Silly that they void your warranty for that though, it doesn't seem to have any effects on the glass or electronics this way.

Pictures on that site are invisible for non registered user unfortunately.

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

ah, well it just shows some JB Weld packaging, some online pic of different sized aluminum tubing, and the users end product.

JB Weld does not comes off. Its actually what is used to attach the body to the base of the DBV, FYI.:p

I dont really care that it voided my warranty. Even if my unit crapped out on me tommorow, I would still know that it has definitely paid for itself more then once. But I shouldnt say that, if my unit broke tommorow Id be pretty pissed since I need it tommorow ahha

Nycdeisel,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Are you sure the warranty is voided? It's just a cosmetic modification, similar to me putting stickers on mine. At worst you will have to pay for parts, they say the labor is always free even after the 3 year warranty.

aesthyrian,

champ3185

tried mine out for the first time last night and have to say I was blown away. I already have the lb and vs but dbv has rocked them easily.

the taste of the first few hits are amazing and I can get about 10 big clouds off .1

It looks for solid and easy to use. I have a bout 4 hits at 11 then 3 at twelve. 3 at 1 and soemtimes more at higher temps. Love it

champ

champ3185,

UncleJunior

Hey people, I'm having some problems with my Buddha recently and was hoping some of you could help me out.

I've only had to take the heater cover off a couple times but this last time I took it off, and these two metal pieces slid of with it. The smaller metal peice looks like its been broken or snapped of something else but it's not from the round metal piece and I can't figure out where it went, but the glass cover doesn't fit on tightly enough without it.

Here's two pictures of the pieces that fell off.

http://img525.imageshack.us/i/ring1j.jpg/

http://img220.imageshack.us/i/ring2n.jpg/

UncleJunior,

Nycdeisel

UncleJunior said:
Hey people, I'm having some problems with my Buddha recently and was hoping some of you could help me out.

I've only had to take the heater cover off a couple times but this last time I took it off, and these two metal pieces slid of with it. The smaller metal peice looks like its been broken or snapped of something else but it's not from the round metal piece and I can't figure out where it went, but the glass cover doesn't fit on tightly enough without it.

Here's two pictures of the pieces that fell off.

http://img525.imageshack.us/i/ring1j.jpg/

http://img220.imageshack.us/i/ring2n.jpg/

Normally, there will be two of those metal cylindrical pieces right under the end of the heater cover. You will have to contact 7th Floor for a replacement piece. Im not sure what its called, but you can describe its shape and location.

Nycdeisel,

UncleJunior

Yeah I sent those pictures in an email to the address they gave on Dabuddha.com 3 days ago. Havn't heard back.

Their website is pretty retarded, they have white writing on a white background and the silver buddha being show cased on a white background.. hahaha fuckin amateur hour over there. Not to mention how poorly written most of the blurbs on their site are. But they made a good product. They need to get their shit together... up to par with their product.

Mod note: Make sure your posts are within the lines- You might want to review the rules - Don't attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.

UncleJunior,

UncleJunior

ROFL. Wtf are you talking about. i didn't flame anything I stated a fact. They have white writing on a white background, poorly written information, and white vaporizers being modeled on white backgrounds. As a junior in college with no advertising or business background... even I know that's moronic.

mod note: "retarded" and "amateur hour" are not facts, and "moronic" is also over the line here, whether you like it or not. We have 7th Floor reps posting here, among others, in case you haven't noticed, and that makes them members, representing a business. And replying to mod notes in posts is also not allowed.

UncleJunior,

champ3185

dam. combusted last nite in my new dbv.just too much loaded prob. Will this damage the unit or whip?

champ

love the unit thought.

champ3185,

max

Out to lunch
just too much loaded prob
Just cranked it up too high you mean. You do have to take load size into consideration at times, but if you're careful with the temp setting it shouldn't be an issue. Cramming a wand full of herb makes it hard to get it all vaped-takes a lot of stirring up and ends up compromising your taste.

max,

champ3185

@Max
hi there. Ya i was loading up too much,(over half way) and I had the temp high as i was finishing a bowl and trying to get the higher temp compounds. Guess i tried too hard :lol:

I love hitting it though. Beautiful taste off first few hits, and get good vapor for the rest. I have not had a j since I got it so it must be working!

champ

champ3185,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
One of my friends combusted big time a few days back.. idk what she was doing but she was pulling real slow I guess and I was too spaced out too notice and next thing I know I saw the whole wand full of thick smoke and the load in my whip cherried hahaha luckily got it out and iso rinsed both the wand and the whip and now that nasty taste is gone.

I hate when you let someone else hit your DBV and they fuck it up

TwztedVaper,

2clicker

Observer
combusting with a DBV can be very easy if your not used to using it. and i would imagine its that way with any adjustable vape that goes into combustion temps.

youd be surprised at how much temp change there is within fractions of an inch from the screen to the heater. seriously, even just a 1/4" of an inch closer to (or further away from) the heater can get you well into, or away from, combustion temps. that is why 7th Floor suggests not over packing their wands. and the taste issue that max stated.

basically after messing with my hakko vapes and adapters ive found that even moving your herb an 1/8" away from the heater (even with a good seal) can sometimes change the vapes performance DRAMATICALLY. and if your talking about 1/4"-1/2" difference then forget about it unless you adjust your temp (up or down depending)...

sorry i cant explain it any better right now cuz im :ko:

2clicker,

Nycdeisel

@champ, the most I ever pack mine is 1/4 to 1/3 of the space above the screen. 1/3 at most!
I also suggest that you find your sweet spot somewhere between 12 and 2 o'clock, thats where most DBV owners stay around.

Mine stays pretty low now a days, around 11-12

Nycdeisel,

champ3185

@2clicler and NYC
Thanks for the advice guys. I was hittin it way too slow I think. I am too used to the lb perhaps. Im finding that just past 10 o clock is giving me about 13 nice rips off .1g.
Some say that this is not efficient but to me it still is and it has hopefully stopped the urge to combust.

cheers

champ

champ3185,

Nycdeisel

I did a little experiment using my DBV and a certain amount of bud each time I loaded it. I went through 3 loads, all of the same size, just between .1 and .2, and marked down each time I took a hit.
With that amount, I got an average of 19 hits, this was also going through my mini bong in my avatar. But that really wouldnt add to the amount of hits I can get, so...yea :p

Use the tool it came with to stir and pack back down the herb every 5 or so hits.

And by a hit, or one hit, I dont mean a tiny amount of vapor, Im talking enough vapor each hit to hold in for 10 seconds and still exhale a good sized cloud. I was really "blowin clouds(of vapor ;) )" haha

Everyone has a different standard. I defintely think its considered "efficient", just not AS EFFICIENT as some other units.... :rolleyes:

Nycdeisel,

champ3185

sounds good NYC. Hit it bout 20mins ago and feel Im getting the hang of it. I love how easy it is to get good vapor.
champ

champ3185,

Nycdeisel

exactly, Once you get the hang of it, youll be able to do it with your eyes closed, youll be able to teach your friends how to get the most out of it, etc...!!

I am hitting mine with hot water right now, If I wasnt typing this second, I'd be hitting the vapor bong.... Gotta go, its callin my name :wave:

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom