Da Buddha

Peter

Damn discodood that's pretty much spot on. The glass and vape situation is pretty dire in Australia - thank god for the global market I say. Off Ya Tree is worse than useless at everything.

For interest I contacted the AustralianVaporisers about local pickup which was unavailable and they were very frank about their inability to compete with low US prices, which is understandable. I would be happy to order from them and support their company but I really want a black DBV lol and theirs is just that tiny bit out of my price range. They seem to be a solid company and I'll probably end up ordering something from them someday. Getting an aussie plug and local warranty service is probably worth the premium price anyway but I'm a bit of a bargain hunter and always trying to strech my $$$ as far as possible.

In addition I contacted VapeWorld to ask whether they can match Vaporme.com's $168 price-tag. If they do then that's a pretty huge bargain in my mind and would mean I could get a black DBV delivered here in Australia for just under $240. That price-match would also be pretty good for all you US guys too.

(I'm also glad you're experiencing great efficiency also - that's good news!)

Peter,

discodood

See the headache tho. If it wasnt such a personal choice of black or silver the price is exactly what I paid, minus the overnight post, which came to $17. Ill see if they would be able to drop the price a lil for u on the black da buddha if they werent to throw u a grinder. I can only see, they were really good to me.

Ill send u an email when i know. If your wanting local pickup, that places u in QLD yeah? What are you paying a gram? $20? Last time i was round the eastern seaboard, it was around there...maybe ur closer to coffs and ur getting primo for the price of dirt, gotta love nimbin. But either way, the sooner u get ur vape the sooner ur saving on bud, the slight price difference makes up for itself in bud.

discodood,

Peter

discodood said:
Ill see if they would be able to drop the price a lil for u on the black da buddha if they werent to throw u a grinder. I can only see, they were really good to me.

Your offer is appreciated mate but entirely unnecessary. I am purely doing the legwork for a group of friends who's living out of home (compared to me being at home :( ) allows for them to buy a vape - the lower the price I can find the more likely they are to buy it. Perhaps they won't be so insistent on a black DBV, I just think they look cooler.

Also yes I am in QLD - I regularly pay 90 for an 1/4 or a little less than 300 for an O. Always really nice stuff. I'm in Brisbane so not really too close to Nimbin.

I have a Launch Box which I use everyday and it saves me a shitload of bud. Vapes don't take long to pay for themselves and the more I save while vaping generally means the fatter joints I can roll when social-smoking with friends :D/

Peter,

discodood

Ahh good stuff. I grew up in Sydney, all our stuff used to come down from nimbin but we were paying $20 a g. Then I moved to SA about 4 yrs back when hydro was decriminalised. But alas, The Xenophon killed it, and I cant even buy fluros from hydro shops, let alone a decent HPS/MH system. Im thinking my next move will be WA or ACT, to utilise the 2-3 plant in the ground system, which doubles SA's limit.

Soz off topic.

But good stuff, either way, ill let u know if they were able to come thru. I was thinking of bulk buying some DBV's, SSV's and parts. around the $1500 mark. I wouldnt be profiteering, so it would be sold for what I got it for, just to encourage safer use of the safest drug in the world. I will do some research, try and get an interest free loan, and get back to you within 2 weeks.

I had this exact arguement with my psychiatrist, her opinion, is SMOKING MJ damages brain function, but when asked about vaporizing, and the effects of cannabinoids, and not SMOKE damage, she had absolutely no knowledge nor info. So im wondering if half the propaganda about MJ being bad for you really only relates to smoking, smoking anything, not anything to do with the plant itself or its individual alkaloids.

discodood,

Peter

Only adding to the off-topicness here but up in Qld we are very jealous of the decriminalized status of weed in all the other states - we are the only state with criminal penalties for low-level possession and there is certainly no wiggle room for grow-ops. Moving interstate will certainly become an option in the coming years.

I'd certainly be interested to hear if you ever get that DBV venture underway but I'd be wary that we don't exactly have a huge market for vapes.

That's it from me today, I really need to stop procrastinating my assignment :uhoh:. Thanks for the help discodood.

:cool:

Peter,

discodood

Im pretty sure QLD, NSW and VIC all practice heavy prohibition against possesion, plus huge imprisonment for a grow op. I got done in NSW for cultivate...risked 3 yrs imprisonment of 1 seedling! Lucky I was a juvie.

Thats cool. Assign Away! I wont keep you ;)

BUUUT...I was thinking the same, with the lack of want or need in the aussie market for the likes of vapes. :lol:

Im merely worried at the quality of units being sold here in Aust. Kevin Dudd strengthened our trade agreements with china, flooding our market with cheap prices, yet poor quality anything, including vapes. And because even the humble bong is illegal, we get left in the dark on the vape idea, buy a lightbulb vape from offyatree or a chinese knock off, feel dissapointed and never look that way again.

If i carried 5 DBV's, 5 SSV's, the herbalaire, MFLB, VG etc and accessories to match, that would assure never being out of pocket, at least even if friends, their friends and other FOAF's recieved the bulk buy benefits, slowly, but surely that should be enough to infiltrate an unknown market... Hopefully.

Maybe a mod could help me to start an aussie vaporists thread? So im not talking off topic :S

Edit: After some research, any paraphenalia sold inside of SA is illegal, under SA law, but sales from another state to SA, are legal, unless it is done in a bulk amount (the amount I cannot find) so to clarify...paraphenalia is legal to buy anwhere in aust, but illegal to sell in SA. that kinda kills the thoughts for me. I remember how quick smoke signals (a bong shop in the CBD) was shut down totally after the laws were enacted (within the week). I dont need the storm troopers after me :lol:

discodood,

discodood

DevoTheStrange said:
then I was so high that i felt woozy.

ahhh, i get this when I stand up with the first hit of a fresh wand, its wonderful. I get up to lay down elsewhere, floating off in my own mindful of cannabinoid bliss :D mmm

discodood,

champ3185

hey all. is it possible to use DBV with a bong? i see lots of clips showing ssvs and bongs but no dbv with bongs

champ3185,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Sure is I do it practically everyday. You'll just need to find the right attachment for your bong.

aesthyrian,

champ3185

hey guys, thanks for the replies.. was gonna go with the VS but now I am thinking of spending a bit more on DBV and just hooking that up to a nice bong instead. Have the lb and now I want something that is gonna produce bigger rips through glass. Hence the Vaporstar was a nice inexpensive option. Im off to Spain tomorrow so have a week to chew on the idea..

thanks again
this site is awesome..besides my best buddy I dont know of anybody else that vapes here in Ireland

champ3185,

2clicker

Observer
i have been doing some experimenting with my DBV or "hands free" heater cover. basically ive found that if you use a ground glass bushing that you can basically turn your ground glass heater cover into a standard style cover for use with standard wands and mini wands. here is a pic of the adapter... alot of people use these in size 19/22 to 14/30 for water pipe adapting.

IMG_3007_2.jpg

they come in different sizes so you could get one that fits the hands free cover but with different IDs to produce a different sized heat stream if you will.

im experimenting with different bushings with my Hakko vape with hands free HC. its allowing me to use alot of different style glass pieces to vape with. ive been successfully vaping small bowls out of a 6" long EHLE steamroller. makes a nice portable set up.

so like i said you could turn your hands free cover into a standard style cover and have the best of both worlds! just a thought.

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
Beezleb said:
Very interesting.

i know right?

i was thinking the other day about what heater covers to use on my Hakko vape. im currently using a DBV HC, but was curious as to the standard SSV HC and the spherical stuff. so then im looking on all these scientific glass websites looking at adapters, ground glass joints and the like. and then it hits me... that these bushings are exactly what im looking for. this way ill be able to use my current DBV HC and then have a few dif sizes in the bushings. then i can taylor the HC to my bowl needs. and you can use multiple at once if you need to or see fit for any reason. you can find these bushings made by a few dif MFGs. if i were 7th floor, i would start using the hands free HC exclusively and offer these bushings as accessories. they could even make the bushings with a real nice round end. this way they can just offer one HC and dif bushings allowing the customer to choose which method they like best. your welcome 7th floor :cool:

that is also why im looking for someone to go in on some metal keck clips with me. they can be pricey. i have since found another supplier with a cheaper SS alternative, but they only seem to have size 24 right now. i need some 18 or 19s and some 14s.

2clicker,

Jens

i have a problem guys

since a few days i have a couple of problems with my DBV

When i turn it on i hear a slight ringing sound. Its almost not audible, but i didn't hear it uptil now. The weird thing is, i only hear it at my usual temp range. If i go past about 3-4'oclock, the sound disapears

Also, my heating element seems be emmiting a weird smell. Could this be due to the scratch i made while trying to get the heater cover off? I've read other posts where people say they noticed weird (grey) scratches on their heating element. I also had these, but they never seemed to give off any smell.

Any reccomendations? Should i send it in?

Jens,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
E-mail 7th floor. That sounds like a pretty uncommon and bizarre problem. The smell is probably nothing, could just be from some herb that hit the element. Occasionally when I crank my DBV to warm it up it will burn off any odors that are on it, usually just smells like I lit a tiny nug on fire. Still, 7th floor can help you best.

aesthyrian,

2clicker

Observer
Jens said:
I've read other posts where people say they noticed weird (grey) scratches on their heating element. I also had these, but they never seemed to give off any smell.

ive been playing with these ceramic elements alot lately. from what ive gathered those grey marks are from when the heater comes into contact with metal. with the hakko irons its usually from the stainless components that surround the heater. from my experience, and both my ceramic heaters (DBV and hakko) have the marks, i have not noticed any smell with either. you may also see some marks left if you have ever blown your herb into the heater cover. first day with mine i blew about .3g of some super and alot of it stuck to the heater and combusted emitting a terrible smell. it also dirtied up the heater cover with nasty smoke resin. anyway, there are a few marks left from that incident but most of that has gone away from use.

if your hearing a hum or audible noise at certain dial settings and not others then id say that is an electrical issue... which could also be causing the smell your describing. i would email 7th Floor about that. as long as you purchased it within the last 3 years they will probably fix it. only problem is that your out your vape for some time. im not sure what their turn around time is on that kinda stuff, but ive heard good things.

Last edited by a moderator:
2clicker,

Jens

i've emailed them about it, we'll see how this turns out. I don't mind sending it in for repairs, but the only problem is i will probably be vape-less for over a month then, since i live in europe. Thats why i asked you guys first ;)
Since you say you have some experience with ceramic heating elements, do you have any idea if actualy scratching the heating element in DBV poses any health threats?

i'll try setting my unit on the highest temp for a while and see if i still notice the smell

Jens,

2clicker

Observer
Jens said:
i've emailed them about it, we'll see how this turns out. I don't mind sending it in for repairs, but the only problem is i will probably be vape-less for over a month then, since i live in europe. Thats why i asked you guys first ;)
Since you say you have some experience with ceramic heating elements, do you have any idea if actualy scratching the heating element in DBV poses any health threats?

i'll try setting my unit on the highest temp for a while and see if i still notice the smell

i dont think scratching the heater is going to do much. those heaters are VERY hard. you would have to seriously apply some pressure to actually scratch it as opposed to marking on it. even if you did gouge it, that it would probably be just fine as long as you wiped it off before next use. im sure its fine.

and you should also try to post your issue in the "7th Floor Q&A" thread. you may get a quicker answer there.

2clicker,

Beezleb

Jens I second 2clicker on asking that the 7th floor Q&A thread.

I am unaware of any such issue from a scratched element being reported in forums. Their should be no smell unless its the initial burn in when you first get it. Otherwise something is wrong if there is a smell in my opinion.

Beezleb,

pelswick

I just got my da buddha today. it tastes better than my woodeez log vape, plus it has a temp control. you get super ripped real fast with da buddha.

I saw a "bong adaptor" for sale on 7th floor's website. if you angle that a little and use the wand manually, could it be a poor mans silver surfer?

pelswick,

2clicker

Observer
pelswick said:
if you angle that a little and use the wand manually, could it be a poor mans silver surfer?

you could even use one of these bushing adapters to turn the DBV heater cover into a HC more like the standard SSV HC. then you can use standard SSV style wands or mini wands.

since the DBV HC can be adapted so many ways id say its the best of the HC options.

IMG_3007_2.jpg

2clicker,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
so i just got my da buddha today and me and a buddy of mine were riopping bowls off it for a while.. first he laughed into it and got some bud inside near the heating element anyway we managed to clean that out... a while later we're playin some cod and i loaded up another bowl, except this time i guess i was so high and spaced out i was watchin him play cod and ended up pulling the wand out after taking a hit and it smashed on the floor just a bad day i guess, gonna have to be more careful from now on

the vape itself is fuckin awesome though, rips real nicely

i hope vaporizers.ca sells wands separately or else im gonna have to order it from the states and wait like 2 weeks

p.s is the whip supposed to stay connected to the wand? mine doesn't really fit in so we just held it up to the wand whenever we were taking a hit

TwztedVaper,
Top Bottom