Da Buddha

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
When is it time to change my screen ? I clean it with ISO about once a month and have been using it for about 4 months now.

majorpayne66,

Pappy

shmaporist
majorpayne66 said:
When is it time to change my screen ? I clean it with ISO about once a month and have been using it for about 4 months now.
treat them well and they're bulletproof.

Pappy,

Danish Vapist

I finally got this home a few days ago but then i were missing a converter for the socket so i could plug it in. Finally got one yesterday and then i were off. Didn't have any weed, so we used a bit of great Hash in the vape as our first time. Took a bit of experimenting, but holy damn. We were lifted for quite a while. Then we went to a friends place and we sat there 7 people with the vape and weed. Holy god this is a good investment, we just went flying.
One guy was a bit skeptical, saying he couldn't feel it. Then a few minutes later he said "That thing just melted my face off."

Pretty damn satisfied with the purchase i must say!

Danish Vapist,

cluffy

Vaker
Lol'd at "That thing just melted my face off". One of my friends has named my DBV the High-potomizer. I agree that it is one of the best purchases ever.

cluffy,

Peter

Hey guys I don't have a DBV but I think I've got a cool idea for you to try. I've got a LB (and it's awesome) and I would love a DBV but my living at home does not allow for this, but I'm def gonna suggest getting a Da Buddha to some friends.

Has anyone tried attaching their DBV to a bucket bong/gravity bong? For those who are unfamiliar it involves cutting up a coke bottle and putting it in a bucket of water then pulling it up with the suction created drawing the hit. I think fashioning up a DIY attachment for a bucket bong would be great for a party-vape situation as a substitute for a bag. You could take pretty massive hits like this in the same way as a bong attachment -most likely even bigger hits than a bong so I'd imagine you'd get pretty wrecked. You can draw soooo slow with a bucket which would make for huge hits IMO.
I'm sure all you'd need is to cut a hole in the cap much like you would to make a bowl for a regular bucket bong and seal your whip into it (blu-tac or something), very very easy. Perhaps not for the GoG crowd but for the not so discerning user I'm sure it will work a treat.

Someone should experiment with that. I would if I had one :(.

Peter,

toxicc

E11001420
Peter said:
Has anyone tried attaching their DBV to a bucket bong/gravity bong? For those who are unfamiliar it involves cutting up a coke bottle and putting it in a bucket of water then pulling it up with the suction created drawing the hit. I think fashioning up a DIY attachment for a bucket bong would be great for a party-vape situation as a substitute for a bag. You could take pretty massive hits like this in the same way as a bong attachment -most likely even bigger hits than a bong so I'd imagine you'd get pretty wrecked. You can draw soooo slow with a bucket which would make for huge hits IMO.
I'm sure all you'd need is to cut a hole in the cap much like you would to make a bowl for a regular bucket bong and seal your whip into it (blu-tac or something), very very easy. Perhaps not for the GoG crowd but for the not so discerning user I'm sure it will work a treat.

I suppose theres probably some way to to fit the hose in a Gravity Vortex using some kind of bowl or adapter http://www.vortexwaterpipes.com/gravityvortex.html

toxicc,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I used to use a gravity bucket with my extreme, talk about huge hits. Even did it with my SSV. Gotta watch out though keep a good eye on the bowl. I've managed to cause my bowls to combust using this set up

DevoTheStrange,

Peter

DevoTheStrange said:
I used to use a gravity bucket with my extreme, talk about huge hits. Even did it with my SSV.

That's what I like to hear :D.

This might be an option for people wanting big hits but who don't want to spend big on a nice bong and attachments. Pretty DIY but effective nonetheless.

I reckon it would make up for not having a bag in group settings while still being really efficient. Bucket bongs are great for efficiency when smoking so I can only imagine vaping would be even better again.

Damn I want a Da Buddha.

Peter,

discodood

hi all. young aussie just got his first vape, a da buddha, on 13/10/10, better late than never :ko:
loooving it, thanks stoner hippie mum :lol:

feeling the forums chilled vibes and decided to sign up.
thanks for the idea of the mouse pad under the unit, makes it feel me solid and though I havent dropped or pulled the whip out, i feel safer knowing I have a fail safe.

just a couple of small relative questions, if i may?

whats the starting point of everyones units? i do recognise they arent factory calibrated, but im wondering if the rheostats are placed in the same position, mine is off at an 8 am position ( around 7:45 to be exact )

which leads to my next question... I have noticed a 12 - 2 pm position being referred to as a good starting point for noobs, but I noticed combustion on some dried, but not over dried bud at 12. i found the unit set just under 12 with small tokes to be sufficient, but certainly minimised hits from a 1/4 - 1/3 packed wand (2 good and 1 m'eh). So for 2 days I have been playing with 10 - 9 am setting, with extremely satisfying results. With the same size wand, Im recieving 6 good and 1 - 2 m'eh size hits. I found 9.30 to be the best setting for me.

does this mean I have a highly efficient unit, or perhaps due to the voltage increase (it came with an australian plug as standard, no wall warts adaptors) though i noticed the bottom states 120 vac, probably just an oversite huh? or is it just the lack of factory calibration and ive just found the best setting that works for me and my vape?

i am 110% satisfied with my da buddha. i could not recommend the unit higher to my friends and family, not only for the noticable benefits on the lungs, but also the efficiency of the unit on bud, which is a god send. i would happily say that 1 wand worth is a cone worth, so to me, the unit is definately between 4 and 6 times more efficient than smoking, and much easier to ingest.

thanks everyone in advance :D

discodood,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
discodood said:
whats the starting point of everyones units? i do recognise they arent factory calibrated, but im wondering if the rheostats are placed in the same position, mine is off at an 8 am position ( around 7:45 to be exact )

which leads to my next question... I have noticed a 12 - 2 pm position being referred to as a good starting point for noobs, but I noticed combustion on some dried, but not over dried bud at 12. i found the unit set just under 12 with small tokes to be sufficient, but certainly minimised hits from a 1/4 - 1/3 packed wand (2 good and 1 m'eh). So for 2 days I have been playing with 10 - 9 am setting, with extremely satisfying results. With the same size wand, Im recieving 6 good and 1 - 2 m'eh size hits. I found 9.30 to be the best setting for me.

thanks everyone in advance :D

Yup mine also starts at exactly 8 o clock position. I find that my sweet spot is 10 to 11 o clock position. So my advice start with 10 o clock position vape for the longest time and gradually hit for a while at 11 then finally finish off at 12.

After some experience you can experiment with the knob positions and type of high each temperature gives you.

audiodelic,

discodood

good stuff. i did read the wiki on the different highs from different temps. i wasnt too sure about it but considering its been documented ill give my knob a fiddling :lol:

discodood,

Peter

Hey Discodood where did you buy your Da Buddha? I'm also in Australia and just curious what sorta price you got yours at, especially if it was low shipping rates. US Ebay seems to be the cheapest at about 170USD and about 30 shipping. Aussie dollar is pretty good right now too.

Peter,

Peter

max said:
I don't know about pricing, but this Aussie dealer has the DBV- http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/

Yeah I've looked at that site when I got my Launch Box, they're pretty pricey. I just mocked up a DBV on there and it came to a total of AUD$285 including delivery. From Vapeworld incl. the FC discount the DBV is about $250 delivered whilst the cheapest I have found is on US ebay or Vaporme.com for just under $200 incl. delivery. The aussie dollar is practically 1:1 to the US at the moment so the prices are more or less equivilant.

There's a lot of variance in price around for this thing. Ebay seems to have the least amount of mark-up as always.

Peter,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Peter said:
DevoTheStrange said:
I used to use a gravity bucket with my extreme, talk about huge hits. Even did it with my SSV.

That's what I like to hear :D.

This might be an option for people wanting big hits but who don't want to spend big on a nice bong and attachments. Pretty DIY but effective nonetheless.

I reckon it would make up for not having a bag in group settings while still being really efficient. Bucket bongs are great for efficiency when smoking so I can only imagine vaping would be even better again.

Damn I want a Da Buddha.

When i used a bucket it was the only time i can recall a vapor hit making me pass right out. I took it in, tried to hold it and dropped to the floor in a few seconds.

DevoTheStrange,

discodood

Sorry about the late reply.
I did get mine from the above mentioned www.australianvaporizers.com.au
Customer service is absolutely brilliant, prices are slightly buffed up $257 including postage for the silver, but my buddha, as mentioned, came standard with an aussie plug, and they even threw in a free 4 pc grinder with their logo and website printed on front, which was a very nice addition and makes me and my vape feel somehow connected to where we became acquainted :D

Ebay lost me with needing step down converters for US da buddha. At best you would need to buy from Europe for a 220-240 v model, or guarentee a 220-240v from a US seller or 7th Floor themselves. If step down is needed to utilise cheap ebay prices, minimum decent quality one I could see was a 150w model for $80, making a massive price increase and ugly wall warts, plus risking getting da buddha and waiting for the step down.

And with the Euro - Aud being less succesful then US - Aud, I would highly recommend the above website to any aussie. I ordered Sunday night after emailing asking about how overnight their overnight shipping was. Paid Monday at 2pm which was my own silly fault and delayed shipping a day. Da Buddha was shipped Tuesday and arrived in an inconspicuos Aust. Air Express (not Aust Post) bag at 3pm Wednesday. (This was posted from QLD (where they are) to SA (where I am). This was an absolute benefit and a must to me, another reason I avoided Ebay or American sellers. I hate waiting, specially for anything like this.

Btw im no marketer or rep...just a very happy consumer. also, try to avoid cheating the hangman...it appears they are selling 'noble' vapes aka the chinese box vape knock offs. If one was to want one of these for w/e odd reason, ebay ships them free from hong kong for $65. but avoid these all together!!! seriously! im merely pointing out the 200% markup on price!

Devo, what was the high like after that? sounds amazing, perhaps something for the lounge or somewhere soft??

discodood,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
You know when you take too big of a hit and it immediately makes your eyes water and you cough for a few minutes after? felt like that times ten with a swift kick to the inside of the head... then I was so high that i felt woozy. then after ten minutes or so the wooziness went away and it was an amazingly strong, long lasting, high.

DevoTheStrange,

stinkmeaner

Australian shops are really taxing you guys on vaporizers, they need to bring pricing down since the exchange rate is nearly even now, 5 or 6 years ago I was able to buy Australian products for nearly half the price they are now, it was almost a steal.

stinkmeaner,

discodood

Aussies need to be thanking Mr Nick Xenophon for his Marxist Laws on drug paraphenalia. Its like $60 for a decent MWP or Waterfall bong, which are 3mm thick. The laws sent our only decent glass maker, Agung, very underground, they only now sell to large wholesalers, who shimmy the price up even higher, making even a decent ice bong near $80 AUD. Its pathetic. Off vapes for 2 seconds, even seeds are considered individual plants now, attracting a $20,000 fine each!

Then we have the only store front store in Aust that sells vapes, www.offyatree.com.au
they sell the cheap chinese noble vapes for $130-$150, the vapir one goes for $400, with no mention of the SSV or DBV, nothing half way decent, only half way dangerous and half way over priced. and in my last post i mentioned www.cheatingthehangman.com.au who again, sell chinese knock offs.

plus the fact that hardly any aussies know about vaping or even care about glass pieces, leaves the ones that do to get things from overseas, or be left 'bent over' by 1 or 2 aussie dealers.

BUT, imho, i was happy to pay just under $260 for da buddha. they need to pay storage, original outlay to have inventory, web hosting fees and ISP fees, customer service etc. They did also throw in the grinder (i would have forgone for price sake tho) which made the cost around the $220 mark. plus the fact they only stock the best brands and do not have 1 chinese knock off for sale, shows they really care about the product they are selling. so its a real positive in the right direction.

My mind made me go the aussie dealer route as i can smoke anywhere from 3-5gms per day, with vaping, ive cut to a guarenteed 1.8gms (theory being every 10 days of having .2 less i have 2 gms more :D). I realised ive vaped 10 grams over the past week, only due to having sunday off as my stash ran out, shud b 12. So that extra $30 or so i spent on the vape, i saved easily on bud (@ $220 for an oz, which is what i would have smoked extra waiting for my vape)

Sorry if that all got long winded, just grew out some Afghan Kush, so hashy, so mentally clear :o

Edit: Im guessing they will drop their prices when they sell the stock they bought at the old rate. Wouldnt make sense to buy something @ 125% of value then have to drop it because its now worth 75%, they still made the purchase @ 125%. Considering a month ago I would have paid 200 plus 40 from america for da buddha with AUD being worth 85-90 US cents, theres no increase at all considering post was 17. But yes, they should by the exact amount of buddhas they have in stock now ( so if 10, buy 10 more) if the first were 225 to get here, and the ones now 175, they should blend the difference and sell da buddha for 200 (plus profit)

Sorry again, thats the clarity.

discodood,
Top Bottom