Da Buddha

I think there's some variation in where the zero point is on the Da Buddha. Mine clicks on around 8 o'clock for instance. I end up starting at 10:30 and go a little past 12 to finish. If I hit 1 o'clock it feels like it will char.

Mine is pretty similar to yours then. It turns on around 8 o'clock too. It's just hard to get a hang of because it's so sensitive within the 10:30-11:30 range and it feels like the sweet spot moves around. I'm certainly gonna keep working at it though. I smoked last night for the first time since I got DBV and it tasted horrible. A taste I didn't even recognize. Could barely hold it in.

ripthejacker1137,
Reactions: ogcook

hoptimum

Mine is pretty similar to yours then. It turns on around 8 o'clock too. It's just hard to get a hang of because it's so sensitive within the 10:30-11:30 range and it feels like the sweet spot moves around. I'm certainly gonna keep working at it though. I smoked last night for the first time since I got DBV and it tasted horrible. A taste I didn't even recognize. Could barely hold it in.

I know what you mean. I hit a joint on Saturday and I felt like I was licking an ashtray. Fiddle around with your technique and packing method a bit and your temps. I like filling the stem no more than 1/3 full, lightly packed, start at 10:30 for flavor and then gradually ratchet up to around 12:30. Good luck

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
I've had my Buddha a few weeks now and I'm still quite frustrated with it. First of all, I was told I'd get "15-20 thick hits" out of each bowl. For me, it's been either one or the other. I can get 15 hits, but there is barely any vapor on exhale. If I want thicker hits, it'll be about 5-7 per bowl.

The other thing is the consistency. I have a pretty slow draw and I usually connect the hose to my glass waterpipe. I found that the range for vaporization is small - from 10:30 to 11:30. Anything above 12 equals combustion. I usually set DBV to about 10:30. Some nights I get big, thick hits at this setting, and some nights a barely get anything (and of course this is with the same material and the same draw speed). I can turn the temp up slightly to produce thicker hits but the bowl becomes browned within a few hits.

I'd like to continue vaporizing as it is much more enjoyable than smoking (when I get it right) but it's also been very frustrating.

I'm also a beginner and just last month I was experiencing the same problems you're having with your DBV. I even started a thread about it. It was titled: Disappointed In My DBV. Now I fuckin love the thing.

I struggled with the temp too. I had it hooked up to my bong from day 1 which was a mistake. I should've mastered the draw 1st like others suggested but I wanted to inhale some really thick clouds since I was transitioning from smoking to vaping. It seemed like I had a very small temperature window to work with and anything past 12:00 was borderline combustion. Now I vape anywhere from 11:00 to 3:00 throughout a session. So keep playin with it because just like others told me; The more you use it, the more you'll get the hang of it.

Another thing I didn't like initially was the taste after those 1st few hits so I just pack smaller bowls. Problem solved. But if you do pack bigger bowls, that final hit you get when it's been vaped at a high temp will still taste better than any hit of smoke, which brings me to another point.. You're probably going to start to dislike the smell/taste/harshness of smoke pretty soon. I didn't expect it to happen to me but it did. Shit's disgusting.

You'll also get less hits if it's hooked up to a bong but they will obviously be bigger hits. I know many people prefer to take the 1st hit from the whip for the taste but I like every hit from the bong. I bought a nice 12'' bong just for my DBV and am very glad that I did. The clouds I get are incredible. I still plan on getting a VXH Cloud and a DaVinci Ascent but I think the DBV has been the perfect starting vape for me. It's not even considered a high end vape yet it's got me completely hooked on vaping. You're gonna end up loving your DBV. I'd bet on it.

Hoof Hearted,

hoptimum

Excellent point. There are some vapes like the Cloud that are considered better and many that aren't as good. DBV can help you set the standard for what a quality vaporizer should be, and at a reasonable price to boot.

hoptimum,
Reactions: mmenzie

Scott A

Any body else have problems getting in touch with Seventh Floor? I order a new whip on Monday because I broke the glass for mine. I still have not received a conformation email/tracking number from them and I have been trying to get ahold of them the last 2 days with no success.

Scott A,
I'm also a beginner and just last month I was experiencing the same problems you're having with your DBV. I even started a thread about it. It was titled: Disappointed In My DBV. Now I fuckin love the thing.

I struggled with the temp too. I had it hooked up to my bong from day 1 which was a mistake. I should've mastered the draw 1st like others suggested but I wanted to inhale some really thick clouds since I was transitioning from smoking to vaping. It seemed like I had a very small temperature window to work with and anything past 12:00 was borderline combustion. Now I vape anywhere from 11:00 to 3:00 throughout a session. So keep playin with it because just like others told me; The more you use it, the more you'll get the hang of it.

Another thing I didn't like initially was the taste after those 1st few hits so I just pack smaller bowls. Problem solved. But if you do pack bigger bowls, that final hit you get when it's been vaped at a high temp will still taste better than any hit of smoke, which brings me to another point.. You're probably going to start to dislike the smell/taste/harshness of smoke pretty soon. I didn't expect it to happen to me but it did. Shit's disgusting.

You'll also get less hits if it's hooked up to a bong but they will obviously be bigger hits. I know many people prefer to take the 1st hit from the whip for the taste but I like every hit from the bong. I bought a nice 12'' bong just for my DBV and am very glad that I did. The clouds I get are incredible. I still plan on getting a VXH Cloud and a DaVinci Ascent but I think the DBV has been the perfect starting vape for me. It's not even considered a high end vape yet it's got me completely hooked on vaping. You're gonna end up loving your DBV. I'd bet on it.

I'm not really sure what else to mess with though. In the 10:30-11:30 range I get small amounts of vapor, even when inhaling very slowly. As I reach 12, I'll try drawing a little faster...same results. I'll slow my draw down a bit...same thing. Pull a little slower and it's starting to combust.

ripthejacker1137,

hoptimum

I'm not really sure what else to mess with though. In the 10:30-11:30 range I get small amounts of vapor, even when inhaling very slowly. As I reach 12, I'll try drawing a little faster...same results. I'll slow my draw down a bit...same thing. Pull a little slower and it's starting to combust.

slower draw means it stays hotter while pulling harder cools it off. I find that stirring every couple hits makes a very big difference.

hoptimum,
I can keep cranking the temp up but of course I have to draw faster (or else combustion) but this yields the same results. I don't see the point in doing this since the higher temperature/faster draw are just going to cancel each other out.

ripthejacker1137,

hoptimum

I can keep cranking the temp up but of course I have to draw faster (or else combustion) but this yields the same results. I don't see the point in doing this since the higher temperature/faster draw are just going to cancel each other out.

what does your herb look like after you've vaped it for a while on low temps? Color, consistency,etc. Also, how much are you putting in your stem?

hoptimum,

Scott A

Any body else have problems getting in touch with Seventh Floor? I order a new whip on Monday because I broke the glass for mine. I still have not received a conformation email/tracking number from them and I have been trying to get ahold of them the last 2 days with no success.
Looks like this was my fault. I got in to big of a hurry after breaking it that I didnt put my email in correctly. Thank you Seventh Floor for the response.

edit- just checked the mail box and its here. Finally back to using my favorite vape.

Scott A,
what does your herb look like after you've vaped it for a while on low temps? Color, consistency,etc. Also, how much are you putting in your stem?

It ends up dark brown with a few lighter brown specks in it (I'm filling the stem about 1/3 of the way and not packing it down anymore). So I think I am pulling most of the active compounds off of it, I'm just doing it at a low temp. But I want thicker hits.

ripthejacker1137,

hoptimum

It ends up dark brown with a few lighter brown specks in it (I'm filling the stem about 1/3 of the way and not packing it down anymore). So I think I am pulling most of the active compounds off of it, I'm just doing it at a low temp. But I want thicker hits.

Since it's not browning evenly it seems like you might not be stirring enough. I get my most visible vapor at around 12:30

hoptimum,
Reactions: mmenzie

try turning your da buddha all the way up and hitting really really hard. That way you can get the hits you want faster. But remember to slow and it can combust.

VapeNStone,
Here's a vid of the da buddha that I just made. Tell me what you think

Also wanted to add that I'm not putting the cloud down in any way shape or form. I am just showing that you can get comparable hits with your da buddha. I can't wait to get a new cloud or mine fixed because for me its just so much easier, load and suck.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Here's a vid of the da buddha that I just made. Tell me what you think

Also wanted to add that I'm not putting the cloud down in any way shape or form. I am just showing that you can get comparable hits with your da buddha. I can't wait to get a new cloud or mine fixed because for me its just so much easier, load and suck.
great technique... but i wanted to add... that i can get HUGE cloud hits like that at the noon temp setting and taking easy, slow hits. my seesions probably last longer than yours but oh well. i also fill my wand to about half of what you had in your video

now just so everyone knows... i am not knocking VapeNStones technique (i have even tried it once or twice) i am just giving another way to do it

great technique... but i wanted to add... that i can get HUGE cloud hits like that at the noon temp setting and taking easy, slow hits. my seesions probably last longer than yours but oh well. i also fill my wand to about half of what you had in your video

now just so everyone knows... i am not knocking VapeNStones technique (i have even tried it once or twice) i am just giving another way to do it

aint nobody got time for that! But seriously I know you can get comparable hits because that is how I was instructed to hit it originally. I just got lazy and wanted it quicker!!!! lol That bowl usually last's me about two sessions or one session with two people. :)

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
aint nobody got time for that! But seriously I know you can get comparable hits because that is how I was instructed to hit it originally. I just got lazy and wanted it quicker!!!! lol That bowl usually last's me about two sessions or one session with two people. :)

i vape alone 99.99% of the time. i only have a few friends that vape and those few hardly ever visit my vapor lab. next time i get a visitor to the lab i will give your technique another go

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Cool vid, VapeNStone.

I also started hitting my DBV like that recently. I think you gave me that tip a couple months ago when I just bought my DBV but I didn't try it until earlier this week. I can see why you give that tip to beginners though. It's another way to help them master the draw. One of the things I've been starting to dislike about my DBV is the length of time I have to sit around for just to vape a couple bowls so using your technique has made a huge difference. The sessions are much quicker and more satisfying. And man,,, when you hit that thing on full blast without combusting... Watch out.... You, Will, Get, Medicated.

I get a different, stonier high when I get those thick clouds. They're very similar to milking a bong minus the nasty taste... Very satisfying. Da Buddha is a heavy hitter. No doubt about that. I don't have any experience with other vapes (yet!) but I can't see how somebody could get bigger, thicker clouds from another unit.

DoYouEvenGetLifted?

EZ-Vake-Oven
Hey guys first post :o I was wondering if anybody has any idea where I could find a cheap Da Buddha traveling bag and not the 7th floor ones.or share if anyone has made a makeshift bag for their DBV!!

DoYouEvenGetLifted?,
Top Bottom