Da Buddha

Vitolo

Vaporist
Not that I can detect, other than looking pretty.
The 45 minutes is me vaping alone.
If it is Tucson summer (110º) and I am with another vaporist..hitting it hard... cut that in half~

Vitolo,
Not that I can detect, other than looking pretty.
The 45 minutes is me vaping alone.
If it is Tucson summer (110º) and I am with another vaporist..hitting it hard... cut that in half~

That's not too bad. Perhaps I would get even a little longer since the temps here are not typically that high? I typically vape alone, at least with the Buddha here at the house.

What do you find is the typical wait time in the freezer until it's ready to use again?

Thanks for the info, Vitolo. I don't get to buy a new piece often so I want to make sure I make the right choice.

TheDudeNextDoor,
sounds like you'e done your homework...so whats the verdict?

I am the most indecisive person I know and will research something to death before pulling the trigger. I found some vids of people using the VT, and the one thing that worried me is how frosty it is coming out of the freezer. In one video, the guy mentions how it is kind of uncomfortable to hold because it is so cold, so he rigged some kind of handle for it. Another guy posted that he did the same kind of thing for the same reasons. It's an interesting point that I would not have considered? Anybody want to ring in on that?

In a nutshell: I haven't decided yet.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Silk For The Soul

I purchased DBV around one month ago. I have used it every day and STILL dont feel like im using it right. I dont get big hits like i see in vids. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS THING TO WORK?!

Silk For The Soul,

2clicker

Observer
I purchased DBV around one month ago. I have used it every day and STILL dont feel like im using it right. I dont get big hits like i see in vids. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THIS THING TO WORK?!

are you not getting vapor at all? what about flavor are you getting good flavor when drawing?

if your not getting anything then turn the dial up a little. do so until you start to get vapor. if you combust then youve gone too far and should back it down a bit.

they really should have the dial marked properly with a line on the knob and some markings on the DBV. so you have to kind of figure the dial out yourself. then mark it however it makes sense to you so you can recreate that setting whenever you want.

also your draw speed will affect the temp as well. slow your draw down a bit and see what happens. think long medium pulls. fill your lungs.

2clicker,
Reactions: ogcook

Silk For The Soul

are you not getting vapor at all? what about flavor are you getting good flavor when drawing?

if your not getting anything then turn the dial up a little. do so until you start to get vapor. if you combust then youve gone too far and should back it down a bit.

they really should have the dial marked properly with a line on the knob and some markings on the DBV. so you have to kind of figure the dial out yourself. then mark it however it makes sense to you so you can recreate that setting whenever you want.

also your draw speed will affect the temp as well. slow your draw down a bit and see what happens. think long medium pulls. fill your lungs.
I get taste and moderate amounts of vapor but not very many hits before it runs out. I want to get those rips like i see on youtube.

Silk For The Soul,

2clicker

Observer
I get taste and moderate amounts of vapor but not very many hits before it runs out. I want to get those rips like i see on youtube.

first turn up the dial a bit and see if you get more vapor. keep doing so until your close to combustion. them mark the dial and never go there again.

how much are you loading? what is the quality of the material you are vaping?

both factors.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
first turn up the dial a bit and see if you get more vapor. keep doing so until your close to combustion. them mark the dial and never go there again.

how much are you loading? what is the quality of the material you are vaping?

both factors.
+1 this, and also a slow steady draw, don't hit it like a bong

kushcabbage,
Reactions: 2clicker
What is the quality of the material you are vaping?

both factors.

If you can't get huge hits on Da Buddha, I would be considering this possible issue. Everything else being equal, fewer trichs = less vapor / more trichs = more vapor. The best vape in the world and the right methods will only get you so far if the herbs are not high quality.

By the way, the dial on my Buddha does have a line, but it is tiny and impossible to see in the dark. I took a small strip of electrical tape and placed it over the line so I could see it better.

One more tip: Make sure to tamp down the load with a little bit of force (don't pack it; tamp it). I combusted once because I had a full load that I didn't tamp down enough and the herbs were too close to the heating element. Also, I think a slightly packed load moves the heat a bit more slowly through the herbs to better release the vapor. Still, though, the trichs have to be there for anything impressive to take place.

Silk For The Soul

Thanks for the responses guys. I have had this thing for 6 weeks and have tried out multiple methods. My weed is definitely good quality. It might not be med, but it is definitely a good dro. I usually fill the bowl 1/4 and barely tamp it down. I set the dial so it clicks off and is at max heat on exact opposite sides of the dial. I try many different air speeds. Lately, I have been inhaling slightly faster than usual because I think I may have been inhaling way too slow to begin with. Everyone's advice is always temp, air flow, bowl size/packed down, and I follow what everyone says. After reading through so many forums, all the advice starts to sound the same. I just have not gotten this thing to work like everyone else raves about.

Silk For The Soul,
Thanks for the responses guys. I have had this thing for 6 weeks and have tried out multiple methods. My weed is definitely good quality. It might not be med, but it is definitely a good dro. I usually fill the bowl 1/4 and barely tamp it down. I set the dial so it clicks off and is at max heat on exact opposite sides of the dial. I try many different air speeds. Lately, I have been inhaling slightly faster than usual because I think I may have been inhaling way too slow to begin with. Everyone's advice is always temp, air flow, bowl size/packed down, and I follow what everyone says. After reading through so many forums, all the advice starts to sound the same. I just have not gotten this thing to work like everyone else raves about.

Man, it sounds to me like something might be wrong with your heating element. I can't get mine much past 1:00 without getting into combustion territory. I typically keep mine at just at or a little after 12:00. You have it set to max heat? Holy cow! Something isn't right.

TheDudeNextDoor,

2clicker

Observer
Man, it sounds to me like something might be wrong with your heating element. I can't get mine much past 1:00 without getting into combustion territory. I typically keep mine at just at or a little after 12:00. You have it set to max heat? Holy cow! Something isn't right.

agreed. if its turned up even near max and isnt combusting then something isnt working properly. you should have no problems getting into combustion range on a DBV.

2clicker,

GR

My DBV went cool today, it was on for the last couple of hours occasionally doing an oil dab, walked up and no more heat. It is over 5years old and gets left on for hours at a time, really I am surprised it has been trouble free this long. So what is the most likely cause? Ceramic heater? Or knob switch? Not much else to go wrong I guess.

GR,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
My DBV went cool today, it was on for the last couple of hours occasionally doing an oil dab, walked up and no more heat. It is over 5years old and gets left on for hours at a time, really I am surprised it has been trouble free this long. So what is the most likely cause? Ceramic heater? Or knob switch? Not much else to go wrong I guess.
theyre very simple, most probs can be self serviced. if you have a backup vape just send it back in, they're great about warranty work

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
over 5 years he is probably out of warranty. however i called them one time cause i thought i was having an issue and mine is out of warranty too and it's just $25.00 plus shipping for them to make repairs to your buddha

mmenzie,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
over 5 years he is probably out of warranty. however i called them one time cause i thought i was having an issue and mine is out of warranty too and it's just $25.00 plus shipping for them to make repairs to your buddha
i always thought they had lifetime warranty's or was that only the silver surfers?

Xchadb,

GR

I just had it apart, there is nothing I couldn't fix with the correct parts. I sent an email to Chris at 7th floor, hopefully they will just sell me a new heater and/or switch. The red light goes on and off with the switch so seems like the heater.

Looking again inside and the heater will be a PIA but very doable.

Edit: went and looked, 3 year warenty but you can extend it to 10 or lifetime for an extra cost.

GR,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I just had it apart, there is nothing I couldn't fix with the correct parts. I sent an email to Chris at 7th floor, hopefully they will just sell me a new heater and/or switch. The red light goes on and off with the switch so seems like the heater.

Looking again inside and the heater will be a PIA but very doable.

Edit: went and looked, 3 year warenty but you can extend it to 10 or lifetime for an extra cost.
ive had those POT switches, i think theyre called? theyre the same ones in guitar knobs n stuff, those are usually cuplrit

Xchadb,
Top Bottom