Da Buddha Vaporizer - Am I doing something wrong here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukon Cornelius

Hello fellow vapers! I am new to this forum and vaporizing, so hopefully some of you experienced vapers can help me.

As my first vaporizer purchase, I decided to go with the Da Buddha by 7th Floor after hearing many good things about it and considering the price. I waited anxiously for it to arrive and it finally got here last Friday. I felt like a little kid waiting for Christmas to arrive haha. After some experimentation with the temperature, I began to get the hang of it and I was getting some pretty nice hits and some big clouds.

Everything seemed to be going smooth until I let my idiot friend take some draws (BIG mistake). Being a novice, he blew into the whip and the whole bowl of herb went down onto the heating element, creating a big cloud of smoke, and staining the glass piece that mounts on the heating element :mad:. It was almost completely brown so I took it off the unit and attempted to clean it. After 2 hours of scraping and soaking in alcohol, I finally got it clean. I figured this wasn't a big deal, just a minor inconvenience since it was just combustion.

However, the past 2 days I've noticed that I'm not able to get good hits, no matter what temperature setting I try it on. I'll take slow, steady draws and even draw as hard I can, but I can barely see any visible vapor at all. Sometimes it's just nothing. I've also noticed I wasn't getting the same effect. It's really starting to annoy me considering I just got it.

I'm not sure what would cause this. I know Da Buddha is a great vaporizer, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong. The heating element seems to be working fine. I've only had it for 5 days now, so I doubt it would be defective. Is it just not getting hot enough? Could my friend's little mishap be the cause of this?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any input, and I hope to contribute more to this community in the future once I get some experience...:)

Yukon Cornelius,

max

Out to lunch
The DBV's temp can be cranked up to beyond combustion point, so if you can't turn it up enough to get thick, high temp vapor and turn your remains black, then it sounds like you do have a temp problem. Blowing herb back into the heater cover will make a mess, as you've seen, but shouldn't affect performance as long as you don't dislodge the heating element in your cleaning process. Does your heater get a nice red color when you turn the temp knob up? If not, you've got a problem. Does your herb turn brown? It should if you're at vaping temp.

I've only had it for 5 days now, so I doubt it would be defective.
Products can be defective right out of the box. If you can't get your element to go red hot, I'd give 7th Floor a call- 1-866-835-6418. If you can, you should be plenty hot enough to get vapor. Since you were getting good hits before, it seems like you've the hang of the technique. :hmm:

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
So the element is still getting hot? Does it glow orange on high?

With the unit off and cool, try covering the intake hole with your finger and draw through the whip to see if there's a big leak somewhere.

Hope you're vapin' again soon.

vtac,

Beezleb

Im not 100% sure I am recalling correctly but I think I remember some people mentioning getting defective DBV's where it would not get hot enough. I believe they offered sending the part or you sending in your DBV's and they fix it.

The thing is, you said it was originally working correctly so I wonder if you maybe loosened a connection or something when putting heater cover back on.

I dont think you cleaning the heater cover is an issue.

On another thought. Someone else recently had a heat issue and they had ceiling or fan or something on and once that was off it was working normally again.

Best of luck.

Beezleb,

Yukon Cornelius

Products can be defective right out of the box.
Yeah your right, I guess defective was the wrong word choice. I guess I meant to say that it shouldn't be problematic already since it's practically brand new, unless of course, like you said, it was somehow defective out of the box. But it seemed to be working fine at first.

But yeah, the heating element is glowing red and it's definitely getting hot. The herb turns mostly brown(maybe a little green still there), but it never burns or turn dark brown/black even if I turn the knob all the way up.

I'm about to load another bowl and see how it goes. Could the screen being clogged inhibit vapor from passing through? I seriously doubt it's already clogged, but just a thought. That's the only other logical reason I could think of.

Also, how far does the glass piece need to be mounted down on the heating element? I don't want to try forcing it down anymore, since it appears to be fit securely. But I did remove it when I cleaned it, so that also may have some effect.

I'll post results. Thanks for the input guys!

Yukon Cornelius,

Yukon Cornelius

Just tried a bowl with the temperature ALL the way up. I let it warm up for 15 minutes, let the wand sit in there a few minutes, and still got very little vapor. It was BARELY visible. I only filled the wand up a third of the way (as the manual said).

There is definitely something wrong here...should I go ahead and call 7th Floor?

Yukon Cornelius,

Yukon Cornelius

I e-mailed 7th Floor and they told me to contact Vapeworld (who I ordered it from) about the warranty. I'm planning on calling them tomorrow.

So will they just send me a new unit or replacement parts? Or will I have to send mine in to be repaired, even though it's been used? Would I just have to clean it well before shipping it back? How does that process usually work?

Thanks for any additional info...

Yukon Cornelius,

unsigned_char72

Apparently I have the same issue on my DBV: it gets hot and red, but there is no visible vapor cloud and the air flow doesn't seem to be particularly hot.

But I have to say that I am able to get effects even from Salvia Divinorum which indicates that high temperatures are reached without problems. (Salvia is an herb that has a very high vaporization point, much higher than MJ).

So in the end I'm not sure the unit is actually defective. In the while I use it by doing longer pre-heats (15 mins) and putting a ceramic plate on top so to raise the temperaure. I also use a very short whip (about ~10 inches).

I've also opened the vaporizer to see if the maximum temperature could be set from within, but I haven't found any trimmer or anything else to set (the electronic used indeed is very simple: just a transistor feeding the heating element).

unsigned_char72,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Hey are you using different cannabis??

Some weed you get get 2 or three shitty hits pff of (even if it-s hairy as fuck!!)

some weed will cloud up for ever and ever at really low temps

I am really happy I got some new dro I wish I had a camera so I could post some flicks of theis sprrraaaklyyy shit

peace

bluntfaced,

Beezleb

bluntfaced said:

Some weed you get get 2 or three shitty hits pff of (even if it-s hairy as fuck!!)

some weed will cloud up for ever and ever at really low temps

I am really happy I got some new dro I wish I had a camera so I could post some flicks of theis sprrraaaklyyy shit

peace
I will add on to that and say ive had some very good weed not long ago that just would not satisfactorily vape regardless of temp. This was one or two hitter weed. Bummed me out I couldnt really use the vape with it as hitting a piece in a pipe was better than vaping twice the amount.

It was the first time I ever saw that.

Beezleb,

Yukon Cornelius

bluntfaced said:
Nah, it's the same exact material I used when I first got the vaporizer, and was able to use it effectively...

I talked to the guys at Vapeworld and they told me to just send the unit in for them to inspect, and they would ship me out a new one.

Too bad I have to wait until Monday to ship it back :( Hopefully, I will be able to worship Buddha without any problems this 2nd time around....:D

Yukon Cornelius,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom