Da buddha dab kit (nail ? )

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
ok.. so i mis-read... so shoot me. :\ but i don't thing the ceramic disc is necessary. i bet you could dab just like you do on a nail
Might be, and that's what I wanna check out by testing them but the D9V hammer top needs the 1200°F/700C° to do a proper dab, and the DBV is far from that, so IMO you have to use the disk to soak the remaining liquid oil between hits...

FLskwat,
Might be, and that's what I wanna check out by testing them but the D9V hammer top needs the 1200°F/700C° to do a proper dab, and the DBV is far from that, so IMO you have to use the disk to soak the remaining liquid oil between hits...

Yeah that makes sense.

This is a pretty cool piece of kit. If this DBV was mine to keep I'd definitely pick one up.

kingofnull,

Bouldorado

I'm trying to figure out the vaporization point of hash oil, but you definitely don't need a 1200F nail,

Bouldorado,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yes I'm aware of that, :D you need the oil to be around 160°c to vape, but we are speaking of the hammer top which will flash vaporize some oil by heat transfer/contact... AND FOR THIS TO HAPPEN WITHOUT WASTING OIL IN A LIQUID BATH, you need the ceramic to be really hot, therefore and for an example:

-the hammer top 750f will vape and create a pool of oil and wasted fumes (DBV will be similar experience in term of temps.)
-the hammer top 1200f will vape your dab almost like a dab = immediate heat transfer to the point of vaporization of the oil.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
i'm think i have to order this. i dont get access to oil that much unless i make it from ABV but i may have to try this out for myself.

mmenzie,
So this would only work with oil? I live in the springs and saw this posted on their FB and was planning on picking it up on my next paycheck.

I was hoping I could put a piece of full melt in there without the disk and smoke it

Entheogenesis,

mmenzie

So this would only work with oil? I live in the springs and saw this posted on their FB and was planning on picking it up on my next paycheck.

I was hoping I could put a piece of full melt in there without the disk and smoke it

i really do not see why this wouldnt work with full melt. no one has tried it and reported back that it can't

mmenzie,
Reactions: Jared
Awesome, either way I'll be heading over to their shop next week to get one. Ill post my results if nobody has by then.

Entheogenesis,

mmenzie

Awesome, either way I'll be heading over to their shop next week to get one. Ill post my results if nobody has by then.

please do.... i have been really thinking about ordering this kit... just have not pulled the trigger yet.

mmenzie,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
im local, i need to pick one up! my ssv isnt at my house tho :\

Xchadb,
nrh3n.jpg

They said they have two sizes for the heater cover so make sure you specify which one you have so they can send their newer shim if needed. I will update with what I find out about it after a bit of testing. I can also answer any questions.

Entheogenesis,
I have it on full heat right now so It can burn off any manufacturing oils. In about 15 minutes ill take a few photos and attempt a dab.
The "nail" just sits on top of the ceramic heater.

Entheogenesis,

mmenzie

I have it on full heat right now so It can burn off any manufacturing oils. In about 15 minutes ill take a few photos and attempt a dab.
The "nail" just sits on top of the ceramic heater.

cool i would be interested in your test results. will you be using yje ceramic disc's?? do you thing they are "required" for use??

mmenzie,
I got the discs just in case since their shop is on the other side of town. I will try them out when I get more oil, I think they might help regulate the temperature so you can vape the oil longer. They might just be for ease of use though, just soaking the disk and placing it in with tweezers. Considering legitimate essential oils dont come in shatter or wax form its probably the latter. The employee didnt mention them at all when describing the kit but i did ask for 2 rather hastily. They were 4.99 each, I figure I can use one for oil and play around with the other one and try to 'taint' my bowls of flower with essential oils.

I left the temp on high for around 30 minutes (mostly to vape off residues, it probably heats up faster than that) and got my dab ready. When it hit the nail it instantly vaped into a cloud of smoke. I was more interested in seeing if it worked that I forgot to draw it that instant and it escaped.

I dont have an oil rig so im not sure if that was normal but the way it vaped lead me to think that it was way too hot. Since it was my last bit of oil till later in the week I cant see any further. I did turn it to 3/4ths heat and let it adjust and tossed a piece of bubble hash in there. it combusted pretty fast so I turned it to 1/2 heat (a little higher than what I normally vape at) and it bubbled and vaped nicely. The "glob knob" needs to be on top to avoid escaped vapor unless you are doing a dab which should be vaped pretty instantly.

Im going to try some keif compressed and loose even though itll probably be hard to not combust. Topping my bowls with keif works great but having to clean the screen ever 3 bowls is tiresome. I am quite stoned right now though so itll have to happen later.

Any specific parts or angles you want pictures of?

Entheogenesis,

mmenzie

i think i need to get one!!! the Ti cup turn red or any other color to know it is heated up??

mmenzie,
Nope it stays the same color. I cant imagine it taking too long to heat up since the nail/cup sits right on top of the ceramic heat rod. Ive been using set to 12-1 O clock with great results with bubble hash. I cant wait to get some more oil later.

Also im 90 percent positive the ceramic disks are unnecessary unless you are working with a liquid.

Entheogenesis,
Reactions: FLskwat

mmenzie

thank you!!! getting excited over this one!! $60.00 is not a bad deal!!!

mmenzie,
I am very pleased with it. A normal heatercover wand and mouth piece cost around 40 so the 60 isnt that bad. Not having to use lighters or torches is pretty incredible.

Entheogenesis,

mmenzie

so i can use this new heater cover with my old wands as well and vape like normal and not have to change heater covers??? or do i have to swap heater covers depending if i want to dab or vape?

mmenzie,
Yes. The circular glass piece sits on top of the heater cover so you can vape a regular bowl or contain the vapor from hash. The wands identical to the original so you can use either with it.

Entheogenesis,

mmenzie

Yes. The circular glass piece sits on top of the heater cover so you can vape a regular bowl or contain the vapor from hash. The wands identical to the original so you can use either with it.

awesome news!!! now i can buy it and justify it with the wife cause she knows i love my buddha and i need a spare heater cover. i have spare wands but i can tell her it came as a package deal :)

***UPDATE*** order placed :)

Top Bottom