Customized vape setups

SmokingElectricity

The only 2 I use any more are my DBV and Noble Vapor.
img20101027020331.jpg

img20101027020403.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

jimbo

winterize
Not the greatest pic (shit camera) but here's my set up at the moment....

pb040002.jpg

jimbo,

stinkmeaner

That is a real nice looking set up you have there jimbo. It is always funny to see a picture of a vaporizer users glass set up, not a bowl/slide in sight.

stinkmeaner,

THCMuscle

Heres my current setup, I've got Gatorade in the bong. I have a POS Vaporite I may hook it up to, but the no2 hose fits without modification.

2010-11-06_20-59-59_81.jpg

2010-11-06_21-00-28_773.jpg

THCMuscle,

hereatlast

Cute dogs for sure, nice you have the cuz.

Back to the set-ups, thanks for reviving this thread :cool:

BUDandVaporizers007.jpg

CamerasBackOn006.jpg

hereatlast,

2clicker

Observer
hereatlast said:

blood... where did you get this piece and for how much?

talkin about the bub and stem

thanks!

*EDIT*

thanks again hereatlast... for the info

2clicker,

hereatlast

I got this piece in Manhattan at a place called N.Y. Gifts, one of the only really high quality head-shops in the city.

I honestly can't remember how much I paid (also as a rule of thumb many consider it impolite to ask how much a piece costed in this setting) but it was in the $190-210 range. The bubbler and the mouth-piece are Sheldon Black, the down-stem is a 6-arm Luke Wilson.

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
I got this piece in Manhattan at a place called N.Y. Gifts, one of the only really high quality head-shops in the city.

I honestly can't remember how much I paid (also as a rule of thumb many consider it impolite to ask how much a piece costed in this setting) but it was in the $190-210 range. The bubbler and the mouth-piece are Sheldon Black, the down-stem is a 6-arm Luke Wilson.
Very nice pieces! How does Glasstafarian's bub compare to the SB? I notice yours is slightly angled. Armin changed the style to straight like the SB.

Pappy,

hereatlast

Hmmm, good question. I actually asked Armin to model my piece after another one he made for a different FC member so that may have some effect. I've really liked the recent pieces I've seen from him, very clean.

How do they compare? They're completely different. The glasstafarian piece is much much heavier, the shape is a little less formed than the SB. The SB is clearly more of a production piece, super straight lines and perfect welds, I wonder how many people have their hands in the process...

Armin's piece on the other hand clearly couldn't be replicated so easily, I've wondered what making this piece looked like a lot, it's almost formless the way the curves and such...very nice IMO.

In terms of the feel: Armin's piece is pretty diffused, that mixed with the thick glass and it just purrrs, it feels tight in a way. Its hard to explain but as the bubbles are diffusing (stacking right up into the mouthpiece but never all the way up) you can barely tell, in short, its super smooth.

The SB, probably due to its stature and seemingly thinner glass is much more responsive (the language makes it sound better but just much different) to the mouth, I think its a little less diffused but definitely diffused in a completely manner. While not chuggy, the Luke-Wilson downstem (definitely the reason why the piece feels as it does) usually starts with bigger bubbles so its a tiny bit more violent. Also, the mouthpiece, though it looks small, actually allows quite a bit of airflow. I think Armin's mouthpiece restricts airflow a little more because of the curve and the size of the hole but its not something I can take away from the piece, definitely part of the design and intrinsic feel.

I've had a tough time choosing words here, keep finding myself thinking "they just feel different."

In either case I've been using the SB more often as it pairs better with the PD and because its newer
The Extreme has the power to milk them both sufficiently so I like to switch back and forth, cause they just feel different :lol:

2clicker, no problem for the info. I'm sure you can find some Sheldon Black (that very piece too) online at some shops, their shipping policies vary greatly.

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
@ hereatlast > Thanks for your detailed response. I'm really looking forward to using Armin's piece as a change of pace from my SSFG beaker. Your description has really whet my appetite. He's doing his signature red, white, black, and sparkly gray swirl on the bottom which should make it quite trippy looking. I know his shower-head has 20 slit but I don't think it bulbs out like yours. He's doing a vape adaptor for me instead of a bowl. :D

Pappy,

2clicker

Observer
hereatlast said:
2clicker, no problem for the info. I'm sure you can find some Sheldon Black (that very piece too) online at some shops, their shipping policies vary greatly.

thanks again blood

ill def be keeping my eye out for any SB stuff now

so much glass so little money... yikes

2clicker,

hereatlast

Pappy no problem, I'm looking forward to seeing your new piece from Armin as well, sounds killer!

I'm really interested in what your showerhead will look like as well, seems he's progressed immensely in this regard in the past. When I first started looking at his work the showerheads were made up of only a few slits, mine came gridded and I'd never seen him do that before. Either way, he's just getting better and better for sure.

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
I'm really interested in what your showerhead will look like as well, seems he's progressed immensely in this regard in the past. When I first started looking at his work the showerheads were made up of only a few slits, mine came gridded and I'd never seen him do that before. Either way, he's just getting better and better for sure.
Me too! His shower-head has twice as many slits as Ray and Ray's diffy is a piece of work! And since thry're only an inch apart they're probably interchangeable. Once I place an order with an Etsy artist I tell them they're the boss and give them total creative freedom. But I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised! :2c:

Pappy,

DaProfessor

Two tube's getting me through the past couple days.

HiSi U-perc Jr.
qqe5if.jpg

Finally got an adapter to use my 19mm herborizer bowl with it. So what is old is new again. The HiSi was the first glassware I ever bought. And it was from FC forums too :D

Toro Big Joint (or 6 to 1, or 9 to 1, whatevas)
24qtx7n.jpg
120q7o3.jpg
10hjf3t.jpg

I just got a new custom 44mm showerhead attachment from SSFG. I have the toro 4-arm, 8-arm and circ attachments for this tube. The SSFG hits different from all of them. It almost pulls identical to a SG stemline. Which is good, because I regret selling mine. There is no chug and the bubbles look like seafoam. It is so fun to use. The hits are extremely tasty with the insane fizzing characteristic of SSFG slits. All for an awesome price. Gotta love Ray.

DaProfessor,

jimbo

winterize
Very nice gear you got Professor :cool: , noticed you have a Migrant triple disc in your sig, just wondering what your impressions are of that tube? Been thinking of
picking one up some time in the new year...

jimbo,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Loving that Toro 6 in 1 Professor! Also, not sure if you saw my post in the VapeXhale thread but I wanted to get your feedback on the U-Perc. I have one of the HiSi's as well and I feel like it is a design that is often overlooked. Great diffusion, very little splash -- could be a HydraTube candidate in the future...

stonemonkey55,

OC513

Dabaholic
I am trying to decide between 3 bubblers right now.....

a Headford Glass inline w/ triple donut
http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/scientific-glass/headford-glass.html

a B. Wilson 6 arm
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/b-wilson-clear-6-arm-bubbler.html

and a Glasstafarian with showerhead diffy
http://www.etsy.com/listing/5570800...earch_type=handmade&ga_page=2&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=handmade

any thoughts? I am really torn between them......just had a baby and can not justify buying all three or I would just to try all 3 different diffy's. HELP!

OC513,
Top Bottom