Customized vape setups

blackbur

I'm having ericB sign the bottom of the can before its shipped so it should be here by next week.

blackbur,

Pappy

shmaporist
:uhoh:
IMG_4094.jpg

Pappy,
I've had the box style Easy Vape with the digital display for years. I bought it way back when they first came out and the heating element was really poorly designed, it was just a hard wire coming out of heating element surrounded my a rubber grommet, it had all kinds of flow problems in the glass intake. There were LED lights poorly located at the base, but it still worked great for me. My first mod was upgrading to a newer heating element which I obtained from a friends box vape he bought off the internet that went bad due to a overheated circuit-board from running in a car inverter possibly...seperate subject. I was able to retrofit the entire heating element/housing to the shell of my older vape and I was able to plug the element into my existing board. I then relocated the LED lights to right underneath the element and created a lense with some semi-transparent acrylic plastic. I was surprised that I pulled that one off Then I created a fresh air intake for the back side of the heating element, before it pulled air in the around the threads and through the aluminum collar around the glass piece surrounding the heating element. I thought that seemed crude and the aluminum piece had a air intake hole but it was blocked up by the plastic back/plate. I drilled it out and inserted an metal intake tube to pull air from a fresh spot inside the box instead of being surrounded by plastic, I also placed the intake @ around 10 o'clock high so that when it draws cooler air from the box it mixes with the hot heating element below. I also fitted the case with a whip holder I'm so surprised I was able to manage modding this thing with tools I had at my house and left over parts from another unit. I also drilled out the vent holes on the bottom and the unit breathes significantly better. oh ya...I changed the knob too!

HAPPY VAPING

img1040z.jpg

By roliepolie84 at 2011-05-05
img1039h.jpg

img1038eo.jpg

img1037oh.jpg

img1041mx.jpg

roliepolie,

havock69

Pappy I am one jelous mofo, I want your collection, i think youre just missing a couple things but you're damn close to my dream collection.

havock69,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Where do you guys go to buy all this nice glass? AquaLabs is nice, but a bit pricey. I need a nice 18/18 down-stem defuser and they have almost nothing. Everything is 14/18mm. Also looking for maybe a Ben Wilson Inline Bubbler, or any other quality artists with a small bubbler either inline or tree-perc. Any suggestions of where to shop Pappy or others? Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

havock69

I'd look on Ioffer, ALT, Bitfreak Glass, ssfgglass.com and last but not least...your local head shop. Always look locally first. Ask around to see who has what you're looking for. All shops have something different and they're more willing to haggle.

havock69,

jimbo

winterize
IAmKrazy2 said:
Where do you guys go to buy all this nice glass? AquaLabs is nice, but a bit pricey. I need a nice 18/18 down-stem defuser and they have almost nothing. Everything is 14/18mm. Also looking for maybe a Ben Wilson Inline Bubbler, or any other quality artists with a small bubbler either inline or tree-perc. Any suggestions of where to shop Pappy or others? Thanks.

All these sites carry nice gear :) RXindustries chicokush headyglass kulture . You could also join boromarket and the Sell your vape or accessories thread has a few bits of used glass in it.

jimbo,

hereatlast

I didn't realize subscriptions were still closed. Would definitely keep an eye out for them opening back up as BM seems to be one of the best places to network and buy glass.

Nice pick-up Pappy, you're on a roll :lol:

hereatlast,

SkollIstKrieg

So...I received my Jake Wilson Inline Worked Bub from AquaLabTech today. It came shipped in bomb proof packaging, the piece came and thankfully wasn't cracked or anything. However, it has this awful blemish on it that looks like JW dabbed color on the body by mistake, or possibly is some kind of oil that does not come off with water or alcohol. I already contacted ALT and sent them pictures, am hoping to either get this blemish off, or have ALT exchange it. I will let you guys know what happens.

Its really unfortunate because other than that, its a beautiful piece!

Here are the pics I sent to ALT:
IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

SkollIstKrieg,

Pappy

shmaporist
:D Thanks! Lucky to snag such pristine Dizz. :o Most of my glass comes from BM lately but subscriptions are currently closed. Still keep eye on ALT, RxI, Heady, Birfreak, too.

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
SkollIstKrieg said:
So...I received my Jake Wilson Inline Worked Bub from AquaLabTech today. It came shipped in bomb proof packaging, the piece came and thankfully wasn't cracked or anything. However, it has this awful blemish on it that looks like JW dabbed color on the body by mistake, or possibly is some kind of oil that does not come off with water or alcohol. I already contacted ALT and sent them pictures, am hoping to either get this blemish off, or have ALT exchange it. I will let you guys know what happens.

Its really unfortunate because other than that, its a beautiful piece!

Here are the pics I sent to ALT:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/bitterbloodrose/IMG_0218.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/bitterbloodrose/IMG_0219.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/bitterbloodrose/IMG_0220.jpg
Too bad, Skol. Ask ALT to swap for clean piece. :2c:

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

Agreed, from what I have read of Pappys dealing with ALT, switching it for a different one doesnt seem like a problem.

other then that I like the style.

and @Iamkrazy2: the headford inline bub seems nice, I have seen them in person in my LHS and its a sweet little(and I mean little) piece. of course one of those bw inline bubs ^ are another option but more costly.

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

im sure! they are not the same by any means, and the bw is bigger, and less cramped IMO, or thats the way it looks, i dont know how big it really is. both great pieces though :)

Nycdeisel,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks for the advice fellas,will pull the trigger on something in next couple days. No hurry, until i get my cloud back that is.

IAmKrazy2,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Today I bought an 18mm - 14mm reducer online. I can't wait to try out my new PD with my BW! :brow:

I was disappointed that my LHSs didn't carry one, but I got a good deal online, so I'll play the waiting game now.

:peace:

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I promise to post some pics of the setup when I get it, but I need to make sure the buzz butter is properly applied first. I'll report back in a few days. ;)

Stu,
Top Bottom