Customized vape setups

jimbo

winterize
^ or even a luke wilson 6-arm :) great price for the beaker, good to hear you're enjoying it!

jimbo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Would the diffy make that much of a difference? I am really liking the difference between this and the bubbler. And they look nice together, hehe...

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Would the diffy make that much of a difference?
That's why they call them diffys! :lol: Your beaker actually had decent water capacity so you could probably get a lot of mileage from changing up diffys and water levels. Glasstafarian just sent me a gridded slit diffy that perks different from all the rest.

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Nice. I emailed glasstafarian today about an inline I'd like built. I want a clear, plain inline tube that's around 10-12 inches tall.

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Nice. I emailed glasstafarian today about an inline I'd like built. I want a clear, plain inline tube that's around 10-12 inches tall.
His tubes are insane! I want one too. :) Go for the SSFG showerhead if in stock in your size.

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

SSFG showerhead downstems are great, awesome action with it even on my mini beaker!

I think that downstems are the smallest, most inexpensive part that makes the biggest difference on any setup!
Its always good to have a couple of good downstems so you can switch between at least 2. I used to only keep one downstem for whatever size it would fit, so I would have a few different tubes that used the same size downstem and I would only have only one of them in the right size, bad idea, I forgot that glass breaks :lol:

Nycdeisel,

Shiz

Photobooth - Nice bub. He did a really good job on the worked section.

Tstat - For $65 that sounds like an absolute steal. Nice pick up.

jimbo said:
^ or even a luke wilson 6-arm :) great price for the beaker, good to hear you're enjoying it!
I been thinking about getting one of those LW 6 arm stems but it feels kinda silly to pay $65 plus $8 shipping on a stem for a tube that costs $40.

Shiz,

Nycdeisel

and for a tube so small that the downstem is not likely to be compatible with a lot of other tubes.

Nycdeisel,

Pappy

shmaporist
Pappy,

hereatlast

jimbo said:
^ or even a luke wilson 6-arm :)

x2. I love mine. Clearly a diffy that the Wilson-house churns out, sturdy, precise and/but clearly a production piece. When I bought my Sheldon-Black I opted for the LW 6-Arm and doing a quick water test at the store I was amazed at the difference.

Tstat, nice pickup. Downstems make a huge difference IME. I'm not as familiar with beakers, got an old grommet beaker that I haven't used since I bought GonG that collects dust upstairs (but not for sale), but I'm sure you would really get a completely different feel from different styles of downstem.

Nycdiesel said:
I think that downstems are the smallest, most inexpensive part that makes the biggest difference on any setup!

Agree. That said, especially with those simple downstem-diffused pieces, i.e. beakers/straight tubes, I've had some really great and fun experience with adding beads to aid and alter diffusion types/levels/feels etc. Anyways, I think its a very viable and accessibly priced option.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1751

hereatlast,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks, everyone. I am sure I will be upgrading as I go along. I am deeply entrenched in this vape/glass business now.

I just used the new HVY with my PD. It's diffferent, so I thought it was maybe not as good. But after a few tries, I love it. And I thnk the taste is better than the bubbler.

Fun stuff for sure. I think I may have to go back and buy the straight HVY tube for $55.

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Glasstafarian Earth Friendly Packaging & Grid Pack :D
5358735494_25de7d20cc_z.jpg

5358735740_d4d793be1b_z.jpg

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Good morning! Here is another shot of "the family" gathered around the Q :)
img2840ec.jpg

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Glasstafarian says he will make me a perfectly clear 12 inch inline tube, either layback or goblet stand with slit inline diffuser. It would be $120 with a 6 week turnaround. Sounds good, except for the 6 week wait...

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Glasstafarian says he will make me a perfectly clear 12 inch inline tube, either layback or goblet stand with slit inline diffuser. It would be $120 with a 6 week turnaround. Sounds good, except for the 6 week wait...
Very cool. He's making my mom a teapot or VDay. :brow:

Pappy,

Deep Dial

Looking for some input on ZOB glass with respect to accomodating vapor, anyone have experience with this group of glass blowers?

:D Enjoy your vapes!

Deep Dial,

hereatlast

Tstat, glasstafarian's work seems to continue progressing...those inlines look pretty clean. Understand that the wait isn't for everyone but as custom waits go 6 weeks doesn't seem too bad IMO.

Deep Dial, never used a Zob in a vapor situation myself but have looked at and held them in-store...definitely good quality thick glass as I remember. Zob seems comparable to others in that price-range IMO.

Pappy, something tells me you have something small in your future? :cool:

hereatlast,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, yea. I hate waiting. I am very impatient by nature. But I think as far as my next piece goes, this would be a good pick. It's inexpensive, pretty nice, and different from what I have now. Plus I have my new beaker and the bubbler to hold me over for a while.

It's funny that my "custom" request is actually a request for nothing. I want clear and that's it.

Does anyone know any other artists that would make this for me? Its weird, but most all inline glass seems to have a crappy label. I am all about not having a label. Although glasstafarian's swirl is kinda cool if done in moderation and is not to in-your-face. Maybe a slight swirl somewhere... shit now I am confusing myself.

Time to put down the beaker, hehe...

Tstat,

Nycdeisel

I think the price and waiting time is appropriate(even though its all clear), and I feel the same way, Im all about the clear glass(one day Ill have some sick worked stuff...) and I dont see many short inline tubes, most of the inline tubes I have seen are quite tall.

Nycdeisel,

Deep Dial

Thanks Hereatlast for the info. I would like to try a Zob bub out but then again there are so many wonderful glass pieces around these days.

Deep Dial,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Does anyone know any other artists that would make this for me?
I wouldn't veer too far from SSFG or Glasstafarian. Not everyone has their tools or talent. Order it and forget it. In a few weeks you'll be happy as a lark and counting all the cash you saved. ;)

Pappy,

hereatlast

Tstat, though your request is for clear glass, its still in the nature of custom glass IMO.

Personally I think you have quite a few options in that price arena for what you're after. If you're looking to deal with the artist directly for a custom piece that obviously narrows your choices down a bit. If you're willing to accept the usual mark-up associated with actual storefronts (online or otherwise) I think you can do well on places like ALT:

2 clear, inline ashcatchers that could be turned into bubblers with a simple j-hook:

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/clear-inline-ash-catcher-18-mm.html
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/clear-disc-inline-ash-catcher-14-mm.html

hereatlast,
Top Bottom