Customized vape setups

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
Nice video. Very well done. Do you still run the same setup with no mods??
Do you like the chug/drag like it is??
With one or two cheap mods you can add 100% more diffusion and airflow ( to avoid headaches from pulling tight).
1- Check a thread created by @ Progress
called "Difussion glass beads".
Or
2- Cut a silicone piece of tubing, let's say a couple inches, make irregular unclean slits and holes, and attach to the end of your downstem. Let it lay on the bottom of the flask. Voila ghetto mod super cheap and efficient

You can definitely add both together and let me know, never tried both together.
Last but not almost free, get yourself a kind of cheap downstem, shower head IMO would be the best for your flask, don't know if would fit through that joint.

Again, awesome video, what did you use for editing?? Nice job!!! I really like the ice noise in the glass. Bring me memories of an old Coca Cola ad, I'm 36, remember the hot beach, the guy setting up huge speakers, then clinking noises of ice down the glass, then the guy popping the bottle cap, fssssss,
then the guy pouring the Coca, fisssssss, and finally the guy glugging and chugging the cold fizzing Coca glass to the end, aaaahhh, burpppp, always with the huge speakers on :) then of course the people from the beach on a ryot running to buy him Coca Cola's
Thank you man for bringing back childhood memories.

Thanks very much, glad you liked the video!! I'm still running the same setup with Da Buddha, but I have some other vapes too. At the moment I'm designing a custom bubbler to use with a Herborizer 18.8, which will be made by a glass blower in Germany. I will make a separate thread for that very soon, as I'm looking for opinions on my design.

The chug/airflow is pretty good with my current Buddha setup. The only things I'm not happy with: getting drops of water in my mouth, my next glass will hopefully solve that problem. Also, the Arizer bowl sits a little close to the heater, so I'm forced to run the Buddha on very low temps to avoid combusting. Plus, the Arizer bowl doesn't fit very much herb, so I have to reload after 2 good hits. I've just ordered a replacement original Buddha wand, so that will help with those problems.

The glass diffusion beads have been on my shopping list for a while!! I like the fact that you can put them in any piece, so they will definitely be a part of my setup soon.

Funny that you mention about cutting up a little piece of silicon tubing to make a diffuser. Before I bought the glass you see in the video, I was using a much smaller piece. With that setup, I just ran the silicon hose directly into the water, in place of the downstem, and did almost exactly as you said. I cut a few holes on each side, and then plugged the end of the tube with a piece of rubber (so the vapor would be forced through the smaller holes). Heres an earlier video I made showing that setup (the video was made before I did the silicon diffuser mod, so thats not in the video, but anyway). Excuse the yellow tubing, 7th Floor spare parts can be hard to find in Amsterdam!!

I'll be getting a downstem with slits as part of my custom bubbler, so thats also in my future :)

I just used iMovie to edit the videos. Simple program, but it gets the job done.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction

This is starting to look just like I wanted it to! :cool:

I showed my wife this picture and told her, I didn't ever want her to bitch at me about glass. If I'm bringing in enough overage from selling to the dispensaries/co-ops.... I'm sure as @#$% going to add whatever glass piece I want.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: ilovebOObs

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
not really a vape setup. but its glass and my first bm bid and win :) thanks pappy for the awesome pendent!
p7145712.jpg

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
funny thing is i only like the artsy stuff. don't even look at pipes and bongs since i think its over priced on bm.

yea you gotta pick and choose, theres a lot of toros and sovs that are priced high...but I've picked up a ton of dishes and stuff like that cheap as hell :D the art is great on BM.

also a lot of great custom artists too

MarcellusWiley,
Reactions: ilovebOObs

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
yea you gotta pick and choose, theres a lot of toros and sovs that are priced high...but I've picked up a ton of dishes and stuff like that cheap as hell :D the art is great on BM.

also a lot of great custom artists too

i'm getting a custom dish and dabber. hopefully it will come out the way i want it.

what i really want is a weber marble but i'm not sure if i could afford one.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'd say it's uncommon in that it's certainly not a majority of pieces, but with the amount of stuff on there, there's usually at least a few bargains floating around on there at any time.

Plus, it's a good way to get in contact with quality glassblowers, so you could probably get something simple knocked up for relatively cheap too :tup:

@Marcellus
Nice pickup :)
Is that a 2 hole diffy I see in there?

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: placetime
Would someone who already is on BM be kind enough to invite me, please?

tried joining but don't want to pay for it :p

thanks

edit: username is SCAF

SoulCaptivesAreFree,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
If you invite someone onto BM, you are responsible for their purchases if they flake out or something.
EDIT: Thinking about it, it's moreso if the person you invite ends up being a scammer, you're up for paying back the peeps they scammed - or something like that...

I'd love to help you (and a few other members) out, but it's not worth the risk (for me that is).

It really is worth the $50 though.

I've made that back in savings multiple times over. :tup:

placetime

Thanks for the info about BM, Frederick. That place really is a mystery to us "outsiders". :)

I think that's an interesting system they use on BM to try to protect members and the system itself. The utility of restrictions for buying/selling is easy to see. One thing that I don't understand, though, is why they don't let people who aren't vetted see the threads/pics. Do you know the reasoning behind that? I'm curious.
:peace:

Edit: I also understand how the $50 investment can be recouped pretty quickly through good deals on BM. But that only applies if one buys a bunch of glass. For someone who's planning on spending a total of $100 or so, my guess is that that $50 could be better spent elsewhere. :2c: I'm one of those people. ;) But I'd still enjoy viewing the beautiful artworks I hear are on BM.

placetime,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'm not 100% sure why they don't let you see threads before paying.
I would think it would get people to sign up quicker if they could see the stuff available...

Technical limitations maybe?

I can certainly see how it's not entirely worth it for a 1 off purchase (I did save over $75 on my first purchase though;)).

Looking forward to the vid(s) Marcellus.

Frederick McGuire,

placetime

Thanks again for more info Frederick. :) Maybe I just missed that info on BM about a member's responsibilities when "inviting" someone to BM, but I couldn't find any solid info about that when I dug around BM trying to find more info about invites (I have signed up for a free acct. on BM, so can see some of the basic info about subscriptions). I had tried messaging a few folks who are members and asked them for info about "invites" but never did get a good answer about it. I can see now how one would want to really know/trust someone before "inviting" them to BM. I think BM should post explicit info about what exactly a member is risking by "inviting" someone--my guess is that it would decrease the number of goofy glass-noobs (like me) from asking over and over again for an invite and info about invites from people we only kinda know. :2c:

I hope I'm not derailing this thread too much with a bit of chat about BM... :uhoh:

placetime,

placetime

@darkrom -- sorry if I missed it somewhere, but can you give more info about that bubbler? :)

placetime,

darkrom

Great Scott!
@darkrom -- sorry if I missed it somewhere, but can you give more info about that bubbler? :)

Well I got it locally but thanks to the wonders of the internet...

http://www.gogopipes.com/Glass_Bubbler-perk_glass_bubblers.html

I paid $140 including tax locally and it was WELL worth it. The middle review where they said its thin glass is definitely not the same piece in question. They said the colors were different too. The glass is solid and can take a ding or 2 without breaking. No real need to be too careful. Hits great with the thermovape or underdog.

That just looks like a shitton of wasted glass IMHO. I absolutely NEED good diffusion so that would never work for me. But what works for one doesn't always work for another :)

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom