Discontinued Custom Crafty Battery Packs for Easy Replacement

ganjaman59

Hi Jcat, I need a battery pack for the Crafty,if they are still available.Message me with payment info, thanks

ganjaman59,
Reactions: JCat
Hi JCat, seen you on YouTube and I believe you can help me out with my dead Crafty battery. Looking forward to hearing from you via PM!

tilleulenspiegel,

RobbIt

I have custom Crafty Battery Packs available for easy replacement of your battery pack. I started this project as I felt there should be an easy replacement available, that didn't require shipping your vaporizer back, especially for those of us with a vaporizer out of warranty.

CwPRH2T.jpg

These battery packs come ready to install with a pre-soldered wiring harness that meets or exceeds the specifications of the original. These are perfect for those of you that don't want to spend the time, don't have the tools, or simply aren't comfortable enough, to de-solder and re-solder the wiring harness from the original battery to a new one.

oGIl9rW.jpg

I've also sourced appropriate name brand cells with tabs for optimal performance based on others feedback in this forum, which guided my research (thanks @Vambo1980 for pointing me towards the Sony VTC6 3120mAh cell and for other inspiration and for answering my questions :)) The wire used for the harness is silver plated and rated for high current and low temperature operation.

I'm selling these packs for $40 USD + shipping.

The following are the instructions for installing your battery pack:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09116962006551867733

And here's the video instructions for installing the pack (doesn't cover removing the existing pack completely though, as I'm removing my custom pack and installing another one of my custom packs):

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!
JCat
Is it an 18650 with an added harness?

RobbIt,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Is it an 18650 with an added harness?
Yes, that's pretty much it. I've documented it completely in various spots in this forum as I've helped other members build their own as well.

If you have the tools (proper crimpers, pins, wires, and soldering iron), then there is no reason one can't do this themselves; the goal of this service is to help those that can't or don't want to.

RobbIt

Yes, that's pretty much it. I've documented it completely in various spots in this forum as I've helped other members build their own as well.

If you have the tools (proper crimpers, pins, wires, and soldering iron), then there is no reason one can't do this themselves; the goal of this service is to help those that can't or don't want to.
Thank you for your collaborative approach @JCat!,
I’m not a very ambitious mod DIYer lol. Please add me to your email list.

RobbIt,

JCat

Accessory Maker
@crafty302 , I still have an original Crafty :)

I use Sony VTC6 batteries; in my tests a couple years back, they performed better than the rest (there is a reason these are popular batteries in general :) )

For more details on discharge curves etc., I recommend you read Mooch's blog on e-cigarette forum.

JCat,
Reactions: dimmusp

crafty302

@crafty302 , I still have an original Crafty :)

I use Sony VTC6 batteries; in my tests a couple years back, they performed better than the rest (there is a reason these are popular batteries in general :) )

For more details on discharge curves etc., I recommend you read Mooch's blog on e-cigarette forum.

3000mAh or 2600mAh?

crafty302,

crafty302

When i push the orange button in the blue lights blink a few times Does this mean my battery is dead? I want to make sure it's a battery issue before i open this crafty up.

crafty302,

JCat

Accessory Maker
When i push the orange button in the blue lights blink a few times Does this mean my battery is dead? I want to make sure it's a battery issue before i open this crafty up.
According to the manual, it indicates the blue flashing is a "completely discharged battery", so this would tend to indicate that it is indeed your battery. What were the symptoms leading up to the failure? Was it perfectly fine and getting 4 bowls per charge and then all of a sudden not fine? Or did it gradually have decreasing battery life? Or was it left unused for a prolonged period of time or did another other such event occur that could cause the battery to now be dead?

If the decline was noticed, or there was some event that could have caused the failure, then yes, I would think it is your battery based on your description of the symptoms. (but I of course can't say 100% for sure) If everything was perfectly fine and then all of a sudden this occurred, then it might more likely be your charging cicuit (although could be your battery still)

@notaverage , responding to your PM :)

JCat,

crafty302

According to the manual, it indicates the blue flashing is a "completely discharged battery", so this would tend to indicate that it is indeed your battery. What were the symptoms leading up to the failure? Was it perfectly fine and getting 4 bowls per charge and then all of a sudden not fine? Or did it gradually have decreasing battery life? Or was it left unused for a prolonged period of time or did another other such event occur that could cause the battery to now be dead?

If the decline was noticed, or there was some event that could have caused the failure, then yes, I would think it is your battery based on your description of the symptoms. (but I of course can't say 100% for sure) If everything was perfectly fine and then all of a sudden this occurred, then it might more likely be your charging cicuit (although could be your battery still)

@notaverage , responding to your PM :)

Is there any other things that happen to these crafty's that cause them to fail other than the battery? Like charger port ect?

crafty302,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Yes, the thermal fuses can go (usually only the one by the heater), but your light sequence is wrong for that.

The main circuit board can also fail, which can result in various symptoms including being unable to charge a battery.

Edit: When you connect with the app, what does it say for the battery?

WZO

I JCat! I have an old Crafty with a dead battery. In the app, the battery is completly dead and it can not recharge anymore. By the way i am from Québec and my english is not perfect ;o) So i am interested to acquire your pack. The RMA on SB seem to be pricey. I am in Montréal. Thanks in advance.

WZO,

boxbox

Likewise, I'm in Canada and would also love to purchase a replacement battery kit for Crafty. I've left a "conversation" message to that effect. Please let me know if that's possible. Much appreciated.

boxbox,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Top Bottom