Crater Vaporizer

johny123

I recently purchased a crater vaporizor . and i must say the quality is terrible compared to the pax .
i tried a pax when i was n california and was extremely impressed do when i got back to the uk i decided to purchase a pax although did not realise it would be so dificult to get a real one . so i went for the crater vape . which is obviously a copy and thought how much different could this be .

and it turns out to be terrible . you get hardly any vape . even on hight temp and party mode . i also have taken it apart and noticed one very tacky repair on a (bodge ) on one of the connections inside . i will upload a pic later . also the mouth piece is forever falling out . i did therefor buy a fake pax . which i can report is fantastic and only cost me 75 pounds

thanks

john

johny123,

smithk21110

I usually don't post on forums but due to the lack of information available, and the review above by 'jony123' on this vape I thought I would give my input.

I have on several occasions attempted to quit smoking by vaping. I have had a Volcano (sold it as I needed to money :-( ) so I know what a good vape should produce. I have also had a Vapair but none have been enough to kick the habit. After one of my mates purchased a genuine PAX from the USA I fell in love! I was however undecided whether to buy one myself as they are so expensive and at the time (6 months from writing) they were not widely available online in the UK. I went to Amsterdam in March and in one of the shops I purchased a PAX vape for 150 Euros (about £120 pounds)! Unfortunately when I got it home I realised it was a fake :-(. It was a massive disappointment and the charger broke within a couple of days! (I purchased a new charger from Crater off eBay.)

However it was an excellent fake, the only thing that gave it away was the glossy manual and the cleaning kit was not heat sealed.

It worked fantastically well and after a couple of weeks of constant use it broke :-(

I went back to smoking and yesterday ordered a Crater Vape. Frustrated at the lack of reviews available I just bit the bullet and purchased one because they come with a lifetime warranty. It has arrived today, I have just used it for the last hour and it's AMAZING. Okay it's not as well made as even my Fake Pax was, the oven lid does not seem as solid (it rocks a bit) and it feels like it's made out of plastic instead of aluminium. But it works great, heats up really quickly and produces huge clouds of vapour.

And a Lifetime warranty!!! I also requested that they send me a car charger instead of a wall charger as I already have one. They changed it from me as well!

Am I happy? >YES

Would I recommend it? > YES

Is it the best vape available > No - That would be the volcano in my opinion, but when you take in to consideration price... You could get 3 Craters for 1 Volcano. Its all about the warranty.

smithk21110,

420Blue

In my opinion, Crater is a remake of PAX. It does pass "fake tests", however it lacks a feature: the Game.

I've had some experience with DGK (= Titan 1) before. Recently bought Crater.

Crater vs Titan 1

Heating:
-In this category Crater is a total winner.
-Crater - although it has conductive oven, hot air still circulates through the oven, baking leafs pretty evenly. For best result, open the oven and mix the leafs.
-Titan 1 - plant material tends to get burnt at the bottom of the chamber while the top of the chamber is still green.

Taste
-Both taste pleasant on low, however on high temperature Crater is a winner.
-Titan 1 has bitter after taste in your mouth. Leafs at the bottom of the chamber are black at the end.

Efficiency:
-Crater wins here. I had Titan 1's ABV remains and the Crater could squeeze another sip out of that.

Battery:
-Crater has big advantage of lasting longer and charging faster. However, it uses special charger, only available at Crater shop (also car charger).
-Titan uses micro USB port so any charger can be used, even car chargers or portable power banks.

Filling procedure and time:
-Titan: Pull off mouthpiece, un-screw mouthpiece screen, clean the screen (each time), pack with plants, shake, close.
-Crater: Pop off oven lid, take out second screen, pack with plants, slightly shake, cover with screen, close. = FASTER

Overall:
-Titan 1 is not bad, but it has it's drawbacks, especially when it comes to battery and taste.
-Crater comes with lifetime warranty. If you have enough money now, pay more now and never again.
-If you buy Titan, there is a chance of getting plastic taste (fumes). Do not play lottery with your lungs.

WINNER: Crater
--- Crater will turn out cheaper in long term as it's free to fix (unless you lose/destroy it). Vapour quality is very nice, smells nice and gets nearly neutral taste at top temperatures. It is worth the money.

420Blue,
Top Bottom