Crater Vaporizer

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
Was searching and found this, looks like a European licenced PAX?
Not sure where they got Europe's number 1 portable aromatherapy vaporizer from?

all.jpg

Description
CRATER: Europe's number 1 portable aromatherapy vaporizer complete with a LIFETIME WARRANTY!

Elegant, very effective, yet compact portable and discreet with three flexible variable heat settings for the perfect experience.

We are so confident of our product that we offer a 14 days no fuss "satisfaction" or "money back guarantee" for quality and "lifetime warranty" for durability.

More fun: buy once, use forever!
Free delivery anywhere in Europe

Technical specifications
  • Heating time around 30 seconds
  • 9 Volt compact internal lithium ion battery
  • Quick charging time - 100 minutes to full charge
  • 120 minutes of continuous use
  • LED indicator shows battery status, temperature and charge level
  • Medical grade components
  • Ready to use out the box.
  • Crater unit size:
  • 10.5 cm (105mm) long
  • 3.0 cm (30mm) wide
  • 2.0 cm (20mm) deep
Price

£ 139

Modnote: Removed hyperlink to item.

Last edited by a moderator:
cityslang,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
these are bootlegs, there also is the project-x vaporizer who claims that it's a "european patented design"... pretty perky, if you ask me :/

mrweed,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
i think the point is another one. ploom has no patent for europe, so these companys can sell them here, without getting into trouble.
No plaintiff, no judge

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
So its semi legit if it doesn't call itself PAX?

Are these the same that used to counterfeit the PAX on ebay and dhgate etc?

I've reported my post leave it to a mod to decide.

cityslang,
Reactions: mrweed

Spud211

I have just ordered one of these for £99 - should turn up for early next week so I am very curious how it compares. I own an MFLB, Extreme Q and Vapir o2 Mini and was after something a little more consistent than the MFLB, a little less terrible than the o2 mini and a lot more portable than the EQ :)

As luck would have it, a friend of mine has ordered one of the £70 fake Pax's from Amazon, and we've both used a real one before..so it should be an interesting comparison.

I am really curious if the fact that they have gone to the trouble of the name change, different packaging, UK trademarks etc signifies that this will be better than the "fake" Pax's. Supposedly you can for example charge the Crater with the mouthpiece on, and its a 9v charger rather than 5v...but I can find very little information on them from real users (lots of info on the Crater website and good ebay feedback, but thats all)

I just wish you could buy a PAX over in the UK with a warranty and at a reasonable price..you are looking at a minimum of £180 for a genuine one from nameste/vapefiend, in the rare occasion they actually have stock :(

Spud211,

Spud211

As promised - a quick update...the Crater has now arrived, and my initial report is that aside from the branding difference - this is identical to a genuine PAX. It passes all the "fake" tests - Torx screw on the back, Party mode works, metal looks correct, you can charge with the mouthpiece on, light colours are correct, hits very well, 9v charger (uk plug too)...I am pleasantly surprised!

Still not 100% sure on whether this is allowable on FC or not given that its a blatent copy of a Pax, but not branded/marketed as such..but will leave that to the mods. Picture below to verify the above..let me know if anyone has questions.

max

Out to lunch
Still not 100% sure on whether this is allowable on FC or not given that its a blatent copy of a Pax, but not branded/marketed as such..but will leave that to the mods. Picture below to verify the above..let me know if anyone has questions.
This vape is not a counterfeit, since it doesn't claim to be a Pax.

max,

max

Out to lunch
The Crater is an option if you're in the UK and want a Pax, since they don't ship outside of North America. Although you can buy one if you're in the US or CA, IMO it makes no sense since there's little to no savings on price, and the warranty will cost you $ if you need it, since you have to ship it back to the UK.

max,

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Hmmm lifetime warranty, well look at that, wonder how it compares to a Pax....

Its cheaper then the Pax, that translates to roughly 180 dollars and it has world wide free shipping.

HillaryClinton,
Reactions: Reflexion

max

Out to lunch
Hmmm lifetime warranty
Remember it's the 'business lifetime' of Crater that counts. If they close up shop, they close the warranty down.
wonder how it compares to a Pax....
Since it's probably made by the same people who make the Pax, I'd guess that it compares very closely. According to spud211 (a UK resident), it's identical.
Its cheaper then the Pax, that translates to roughly 180 dollars and it has world wide free shipping.
139 British pounds= $224. Personally, unless I lived in the UK, I'd rather pay the extra $25 to get the real thing, and the 10 yr. warranty.

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
I think FC should definitely have a counterfeit/knockoff section. Whether you feel this is counterfeit or a knockoff - what does it matter? Its stolen IP, regardless of where its sold. Theft. Pure and simple.

Its easy to think these are counterfeit. I sure did!

#1 Google result:
coun·ter·feit
made in exact imitation of something valuable or important with the intention to deceive or defraud.

Is this thing an exact imitation? Outside of branding, yes. Its 'identical'. Was the intent to deceive? Surely, or why copy? They chose to copy the Pax for a reason. The objective here is to copy exactly, make identical, and hope to ride the coat-tails of the people that worked hard to create these designs in the first place.

But looking deeper regarding counterfeit vs knock-offs:

In the United States, the federal Lanham Act is the key statute defining trademark laws. Sections 32 and 43 of the Lanham Act allow trademark owners to pursue civil lawsuits. Additionally, those who knowingly sell counterfeit goods are subject to criminal prosecution. A counterfeiter is one who intentionally and identically (or nearly identically) copies a federally registered trademark and places the fake logo or name on goods that are not authentic. These products are considered illegal because they clearly are intended to confuse consumers at the point of sale, and are a fraud on the public. Someone can be a counterfeiter even if he doesn’t make the products, but sells them to others.

“Knockoff” is a broader category, and can include products that have a confusingly similar overall appearance to a well-known product, but which do not contain any identical logos or federally registered brand names. Those who sell such products may still be sued by the trademark owner because these products can still cause consumer confusion, even if they do not contain counterfeit logos or brand names. However, these type of “knockoffs” cannot be criminally prosecuted.

In the end, people are going to buy what they have available to them. US vs EU trademark statutes alone create entire redheaded stepchild industries all over the world. OEM, Counterfeit of knock-off, it doesn't matter. 99 times out of 100 you will get what you paid for. Is it legal? Yes. Is it right? That's up to all of us to decide.

I just wish they were granted special status here.

Still not 100% sure on whether this is allowable on FC or not given that its a blatent copy of a Pax, but not branded/marketed as such..but will leave that to the mods.

max

Out to lunch
Was the intent to deceive? Surely, or why copy?
If they wanted to counterfeit the Pax, they'd put Pax on it. Their intent was to sell a product identical to the Pax, to those who can't get a Pax imported. They're not saying it's a Pax. They're saying it's as good as a Pax, and unlike the Pax, you can get it in the UK.

In the future we will be segregating rebrands and copies. We've already done that with counterfeits, and we'll continue to discourage the purchase of them.

max,

Jack Sprat

It's entirely possible that Pax didn't want to bother with the European market and licensed Crater market the vape.

Jack Sprat,

Spud211

Well i've been using it for a few days now, and it really does work just like the real thing. I doubt Pax licenced the design to them (no need and they would have shouted about it a bit more I Think) and its more likely they have just gone to source and asked them to change the branding on the case/box.

It's a good alternative imo since Pax don't sell their vapes in the UK - you can buy them (without a warranty!) but you are paying $450 - at that price there are better options! The strangest thing about the crater seems to be the price..its very variable on ebay (all from the same seller). Very much a new product and I ma sure they are trying to figure how much they can get away with charging.

Spud211,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
If they wanted to counterfeit the Pax, they'd put Pax on it. Their intent was to sell a product identical to the Pax, to those who can't get a Pax imported. They're not saying it's a Pax. They're saying it's as good as a Pax, and unlike the Pax, you can get it in the UK.

To many - the fact the it does not say PAX is so incredibly irrelevant. But again, I was trying to show that it was a knockoff, and not a counterfeit. A point I should have include outside the unexpanded quote.

Last edited:
Vapetologist,

max

Out to lunch
Knock-off. I thought I covered that.
Just trying to separate the knockoffs and rebrands from the counterfeits. We have no intention of trying to figure out whether a design is licensed out or given away, vs. stolen, given the current state of the industry, but whenever we find counterfeits we'll label them as such and try and discourage readers from buying from that source. FC doesn't care if a UK resident buys a Crater. It has a warranty. It's the Pax design, and right now it's the only way a UK resident is gonna get that design.
I doubt Pax licenced the design to them
They licensed it to at least one company. The point is, as a forum, we have to deal with the market as it is, not as we'd like it to be. If Ploom some day sues Crater because it's an unauthorized copy, so be it. It's too bad the vape market is full of knockoffs, but it started years ago with box vapes on eBay. The Chinese do things differently and that's just the way it is. If Ploom had decided to manufacture in the US or Canada, where they distribute, I seriously doubt there would be a Pax counterfeit (which there is) OR a Crater, unless they wanted to license the design. They may have even been able to keep the design to themselves if they'd chosen the right Chinese manufacturer. We just don't know.

max,

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Remember it's the 'business lifetime' of Crater that counts. If they close up shop, they close the warranty down.

Since it's probably made by the same people who make the Pax, I'd guess that it compares very closely. According to spud211 (a UK resident), it's identical.

139 British pounds= $224. Personally, unless I lived in the UK, I'd rather pay the extra $25 to get the real thing, and the 10 yr. warranty.

Rancho%20Cucamonga%20Home%20Mortgage%20First%20Time%20Home%20Buyers%20Randy%20Charlton%20Keller%20Williams%20Realty%20Homer%20Simpson%20D'oh.png

I was converting from Euro's....

HillaryClinton,

Branza

Hi,

I was just wondering if someone else bought this product. Well, I'm based in Europe, so a PAX is out of the question.

I'm actually considering to buy a Crafty vaporizer, but I was looking for something more portable, and this one seems interesting, especially the unlimited warranty.

Still, I found only a couple of reviews on the internet...That's odd.
Any help? :)

Thanks!

Branza,

Branza

Startrec, I never said I wanted to buy a DIFFERENT Pax imitation.

I asked about the Crater.
I didn't ask about your ebay page and the products you're selling.

I'm asking for information about a specific vaporizer, with unlimited warranty (another thing you don't even mention in your ebay page). So, please, don't even bother sending me PM if you're not answering to the questions I'm asking in the first place.

If anyone here has a Crater and wanna tell me something about it..I'd really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Branza,

startrec

sorry my friend! cool ! i am not a power seller :-) , i have just a vaporizer to sell on ebayi

You probably understand that the crater , like projet X and other ones are the same things.
i just show you another brand ( Top Paxer by Furthernew) but i am certain is the same electronic inside.

All are Ploom replicas, not really bads, not really fakes...There are chinese vaporizers ploom like, with small differences in design ,rebranded and sold anywhere Ploom is not present.

I you want one, make your choice :lol:, there are a lot on ali,dhg, bay....

The Crafty, :clap:i dream on it ! Storz is a serious company (very known in hospitals and labs). The crafty is probably a very good vaporizer , like the vulcano and the Plenty :tup:.this german manufacturer is very serious and a warranty for health security.

startrec,

Branza

Hey man, no worries :)

Well they are replicas but I'm reading around that quality can be a lot different between replicas...The only one I'm looking at is the Crater because the company is confident enough to offer that kind of warranty. Still, it's so weird that no one wrote about it around the Internet. Checking forums in English, Spanish and Italian, and I can't find anything.

The Crafty seems amazing. As I told you, it's a little big compared to what I was looking for. I actually wanted something that I can carry in my pockets (along with mobile, wallet, keys...); something I can do pretty much all the time with my magic flight, but I'm afraid I couldn't with the Crafty.

Alfa Vaporizer seems pretty good too. Really small and with a lot of nice reviews. It seems it's sold out (and it had a software issue which is probably fixed by now).

UFF, if only PAX vapes were available in Europe, I would already be a happy man :)

Branza,

startrec

Hi european guy !

sometimes, you can find pax's on ebay,but without the ploom warranty.
Some are real plooms and others are false :-)
But a fake is probably as performant than a "crater" (one year warranty but price X2) . my " topPaxer" is
not different than others replicas, the vape is good and i have not more problem than with my pax ( i have an original, so i have made tests to compare with fakes and....:\ the principal difference is the price:suspicious:

For less money, you can find easily the flowermate V.5 that could be a good choice to carry with you everywhere. it's a chinese but very good product. there is a special thread on FC.

The Hebe Titan 2. i know the people don't like it but i think this product is wrongly discriminated.
Titan2 is very different than his predecessor Titan1. the bad plastic smell disappears after few sessions. it's a very common problem on new vaporizers and , for me, this smell problem on the Titan2 is not different than on other " best known vaporizers"
The temperature setting is very performant . one more time, the version 2 is totally different than the titan1. it's day & night!

startrec,
Top Bottom