Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

pdx3325

Hey all - moron question for you: Other than waiting for one minute for the auto-shutoff, how do I manually turn the Crafty off? Can't seem to figure it out and the online manual didn't say.

Thanks in advance.

pdx3325,

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Hey all - moron question for you: Other than waiting for one minute for the auto-shutoff, how do I manually turn the Crafty off? Can't seem to figure it out and the online manual didn't say.

Thanks in advance.

Push the button 2 seconds. The light will turn blue and the crafty is turned off.

Mr. Me2

Thanks in advance.
Just push the orange button. The blue light will glow and the faster it pulses, the lower your battery charge (rapid blinking means it's time to recharge).

Chandler

That it is libre software ( FOSS ) So the source-code is available under GPL license. Also people like the battery display in percentage ( not only bars like in the S&B app ) and that it displays the values faster.
I appreciate the response! When i get an opportunity I'll install and check it out.

Thanks

Chandler,

Thcgos

Vape Addict
That it is libre software ( FOSS ) So the source-code is available under GPL license. Also people like the battery display in percentage ( not only bars like in the S&B app ) and that it displays the values faster.

Hey @ligi any possibility of incorporating the developer options/service menu?
Somone released an apk here that bypassed the password screen (can't remember if it was you).

Also will you be releasing your watch apk? I can't believe S&B are being so lazy with their app... they should employ you!

Thcgos,

ligi

ligi
Hey @ligi any possibility of incorporating the developer options/service menu?
not sure what you mean

Somone released an apk here that bypassed the password screen (can't remember if it was you).
I do not remember to have done this but this is a one-liner - can put this in the next version - https://github.com/ligi/VaporizerControl/issues/3

Also will you be releasing your watch apk?

I do not own a watch yet - this was the watch of a friend coming over. To release this I would need a watch to be able to test with a real watch ( emulator and bluetooth is not an option in this case )

I can't believe S&B are being so lazy with their app... they should employ you!

;-)

ligi,
Reactions: Thcgos

DoubleVanos

Just got my 3rd crafty from Storz today. Looks like quite a few improvements over the last one that died on me. Serial is now CY0CNxxx. I missed it quite a bit, and it took me a while to mail it back to them for replacement. I was disheartened with how quickly my 2nd one died at only 30 hours :(. Here's hoping that this one lasts. Now I can try all these amazing strains available around me crafty style!!

I have to say that S&B have been great with replacing it, no questions asked.

DoubleVanos,

Kaptan

Just got my 3rd crafty from Storz today. Looks like quite a few improvements over the last one that died on me. Serial is now CY0CNxxx. I missed it quite a bit, and it took me a while to mail it back to them for replacement. I was disheartened with how quickly my 2nd one died at only 30 hours :(. Here's hoping that this one lasts. Now I can try all these amazing strains available around me crafty style!!

I have to say that S&B have been great with replacing it, no questions asked.
They should not have many questions to ask as they know the units are not reliable long-term. This is the only reason I jumped ship and ask for the Mighty upgrade for $59. My 2 year warranty was about to end in December and I couldn't take a chance of the next Crafty failing in January. It was my 7th Crafty I had returned. I hope the new updated firmware is more reliable. Best of luck with it :science:

DoubleVanos

They should not have many questions to ask as they know the units are not reliable long-term. This is the only reason I jumped ship and ask for the Mighty upgrade for $59. My 2 year warranty was about to end in December and I couldn't take a chance of the next Crafty failing in January. It was my 7th Crafty I had returned. I hope the new updated firmware is more reliable. Best of luck with it :science:

How much more reliable has the Mighty been ?

DoubleVanos,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
How much more reliable has the Mighty been ?
If I might jump in with my experience.
I've had 3 Crafty's, none of which lasted more than 4 months/140 hours.
Upgraded to Mighty for $60 on warranty exchange. Almost 9 months now, lots of hours and it's still going strong. The only thing Crafty has over Mighty is size. And it can stand up by itself. ;)

All that said, I wish all the best with your new Crafty!

Let me first say what a pleasure it is to join everyone here on the FC; in particular, here on the Crafty thread. I recently made my first AND second portable vape purchases after being a long time smoker and SSV user. I painstakingly combed the wide and varied opinions here prior to making the purchases. Ultimately I picked up a Crafty [despite it's well chronicled issues] as well as a flare Pax 2.

I originally planned on purchasing just the Crafty, but being on the go constantly, I wanted to know that I would have a portable available to me at any time. I know what I might be getting myself into...I'm a realist. However I'm hopeful that S&B's guarantee, the reputation of the company, and what seems to be continued tweaking of the Crafty will result in a worthwhile purchase. Either that or I'm trying to convince myself it will be. Ha!

To everyone here on the FC forum, and this the S&B Crafty thread, thank you for your collective opinions and insights into the vape. I look forward to keeping an eye on the thread, and perhaps contributing from time to time.

Let me first say what a pleasure it is to join everyone here on the FC; in particular, here on the Crafty thread. I recently made my first AND second portable vape purchases after being a long time smoker and SSV user. I painstakingly combed the wide and varied opinions here prior to making the purchases. Ultimately I picked up a Crafty [despite it's well chronicled issues] as well as a flare Pax 2.

I originally planned on purchasing just the Crafty, but being on the go constantly, I wanted to know that I would have a portable available to me at any time. I know what I might be getting myself into...I'm a realist. However I'm hopeful that S&B's guarantee, the reputation of the company, and what seems to be continued tweaking of the Crafty will result in a worthwhile purchase. Either that or I'm trying to convince myself it will be. Ha!

To everyone here on the FC forum, and this the S&B Crafty thread, thank you for your collective opinions and insights into the vape. I look forward to keeping an eye on the thread, and perhaps contributing from time to time.

i have had crafty and now got a mighty, i would go mighty every time, as for S&B backup, seems they are tightening things up.

bobknocker,

Mr. Me2

Welcome @inked_djentleman !

I think you got 2 solid vapes to "start" your collection. It's just the beginning. You'll see...

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Hi everyone !
So far, my second crafty is going solid it is born in January and he have 88 hours on is live.
The first one (2.08) died at 70hours, this one is going strong for the moment, atleast for the vibrator that died a month ago... he can't serve as a sextoy anymore I think :rofl:
But in secret, I'm waiting that he die to replace it with a mighty's upgrade, because the battery is killing me....
I can't stand anymore with 3 bowl per charge and 2:30 heating time :goon:

But after a bowl, I pardon him every time :myday:

Hi everyone !
So far, my second crafty is going solid it is born in January and he have 88 hours on is live.
The first one (2.08) died at 70hours, this one is going strong for the moment, atleast for the vibrator that died a month ago... he can't serve as a sextoy anymore I think :rofl:
But in secret, I'm waiting that he die to replace it with a mighty's upgrade, because the battery is killing me....
I can't stand anymore with 3 bowl per charge and 2:30 heating time :goon:

But after a bowl, I pardon him every time :myday:

yeah i sold my crafty and bought a mighty, unless you got to have something that small the mighty wins every time

bobknocker,

ligi

ligi
About to add Day/Night support:

QmZvKgneE4v2BGU3amidvgqux1j4wi2QjdrFQWXWH53Qwp

TheVaporist

That's a convenient feature, thanks for bringing this to us libi!
Any thoughts on the debug menu?
S&B should be paying you for that great app :)

TheVaporist,

Chandler

@ligi i keep scrolling through the thread but can't find where i saw a download link to your app... A hand if you don't mind? Also, can i have both your app and the original S&B app installed at the same time?

Thanks

Chandler,

TheVaporist

Debug menu was a mistake, I was talking about the diagnostic menu. :)

For those interested ... I decompiled the CRAFTY.apk file and bypassed the if clause that checks the password on entering the diagnostics panel ... so voila! I now have access to the diagnostics panel on my Android-x86 running on my PC connected to my Crafty :)

8Jda7L8.jpg

It would be awesome, but I think it's just a dream ;)

However, thanks for your application libi!

Edited in order to adding quote to the original poster of the diagnostic menu :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom