Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Interesting - I see considerably less info when opening this menu ..
I was the one who discovered this. You have to do a 5 tap and it will ask for a password. @JCat decompiled the app and changed the "goto" line so that we could access it but that was on an earlier version of the app.

crafty_2.png

ligi

ligi
Yay found one UUID - think this is design capacity akku:
characteristic UUID: 00000183-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453
service UUID: 00000003-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453
value: 5a0a = 2650 = Z

would be great if more people could hunt for and verify UUID's - some of these values are kinda slow moving or still - so it is harder to find the right ones than it was with temperatures and battery ..

ligi,

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Yay found one UUID - think this is design capacity akku:
characteristic UUID: 00000183-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453
service UUID: 00000003-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453
value: 5a0a = 2650 = Z

would be great if more people could hunt for and verify UUID's - some of these values are kinda slow moving or still - so it is harder to find the right ones than it was with temperatures and battery ..

I have the apk that jcat posted, if that helps.
It won't run on my device, I have updated my device SW several times since then. Might not support an older apk.

Maybe decompile it... or do you need the source code?
Maybe speak with @JCat he was the one who compiled the apk.

Thcgos,
Reactions: ligi

Mr.Sifter

Hello,

i will meet someone today to buy a used crafty from.
Can you pros tell me what to think and check on this unit?

I have a mighty so i know the built quality.
But what to check on a crafty ?

Mr.Sifter,

Osn Dosn

Salut fc!

I know its been a while.. but I got an somewhat interesting story:
just had my Crafty - first bought in November 2014 - in for service and they sent me a brand new one and also a capsule magazine for my shipping costs yay.
So of course I was somewhat excited to try these and see if the new one is actually a newer one in any way. Packed a capsule, switched BT and the Crafty on and started the app - no connection. Of course, it's used to my old one, so 'Connect to new Crafty' and put in the new serial number.. which starts with MY0---

Ehhm.. there's a preset of 'CY....' there which they don't let you delete. So I tried different parts of the rest of my new serial which didnt work of course. Until I found a way to replace the C. Placing the cursor between the C and Y let me put an M in there, and now I was available to delete the C, so genius!!
But then..but then.. it still won't take my serial as the 'save' button remains inactive wtf.
And of course I checked and tried this a million times in all ways you can put it in wrong, but still nothing.
So reinstalling the app.. still nothing!!
But something's telling me I get quicker help here... :*

Osn Dosn,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Salut fc!

I know its been a while.. but I got an somewhat interesting story:
just had my Crafty - first bought in November 2014 - in for service and they sent me a brand new one and also a capsule magazine for my shipping costs yay.
So of course I was somewhat excited to try these and see if the new one is actually a newer one in any way. Packed a capsule, switched BT and the Crafty on and started the app - no connection. Of course, it's used to my old one, so 'Connect to new Crafty' and put in the new serial number.. which starts with MY0---

Ehhm.. there's a preset of 'CY....' there which they don't let you delete. So I tried different parts of the rest of my new serial which didnt work of course. Until I found a way to replace the C. Placing the cursor between the C and Y let me put an M in there, and now I was available to delete the C, so genius!!
But then..but then.. it still won't take my serial as the 'save' button remains inactive wtf.
And of course I checked and tried this a million times in all ways you can put it in wrong, but still nothing.
So reinstalling the app.. still nothing!!
But something's telling me I get quicker help here... :*
Too much suspense.
I can't help you with the app difficulty, but I'm most curious to know if you followed through and actually vaped from the new Crafty!
Glad to hear you got a new piece.
Edit:
This also so seems to be a change in serial # format, the Crafty now beginning with MY instead of CY.
It's very odd that S&B haven't maintained the app.

Last edited:
vapviking,
Reactions: Thcgos

ligi

ligi
cool @t-dub was sending me the apk and I could find out more UUIDs ( still verification and additions very welcome )
But I think the most interesting ones should be there:

remain capacity accu 00000153-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453
full charge capacity 2406 - 00000143-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453

discharge cycles 215 - 00000163-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453
charge cycles 284 00000173-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453

accu max 61.7 00000133-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453
accu min 11.3 00000123-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453

volt heat 3511 - 000000d3-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453

cool @t-dub was sending me the apk and I could find out more UUIDs ( still verification and additions very welcome )
But I think the most interesting ones should be there:

remain capacity accu 00000153-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453
full charge capacity 2406 - 00000143-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453

discharge cycles 215 - 00000163-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453
charge cycles 284 00000173-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453

accu max 61.7 00000133-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453
accu min 11.3 00000123-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453

volt heat 3511 - 000000d3-4c45-4b43-4942-265a524f5453

Could u give meaning of less obvious commands?responses? Can I look up somewhere the format of these things.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

M4ko008

When I received my Crafty in October 2015 I immediately believed it was the best vaporizer! I returned it once for a piece of the plastic breaking off and received excellent support. However recently my power button is unresponsive. I tried received a RMA # via their website: however, the original RMA (for the broken plastic) was never closed on their end so I am unable to initiate a new request.

I have sent 2 emails to the German and USA email addresses and had absolutely NO response. Its been 2 week now??? I don't get is. If anyone knows the reason please let me know. Very Upset.

M4ko008,

ChooChooCharlie

When I received my Crafty in October 2015 I immediately believed it was the best vaporizer! I returned it once for a piece of the plastic breaking off and received excellent support. However recently my power button is unresponsive. I tried received a RMA # via their website: however, the original RMA (for the broken plastic) was never closed on their end so I am unable to initiate a new request.

I have sent 2 emails to the German and USA email addresses and had absolutely NO response. Its been 2 week now??? I don't get is. If anyone knows the reason please let me know. Very Upset.

Maybe a phone call would be better, bypassing the automated process, which seems broken for your situation.

Elsewhere, I've read about email related issues like:
Spam filtering - check spam folder. Or, if you have ISP domain email rather than gmail or hotmail type, new ISP specific/controlled blocking? Anyone else recall this, like someone who actually knows what they're talking about? Another possibility: summer vacations for overworked staff is creating a backlog. (spoken like a true S&B apologist)
Good luck. I have been patiently awaiting a reply for a few days as well.

Osn Dosn

Too much suspense.
I can't help you with the app difficulty, but I'm most curious to know if you followed through and actually vaped from the new Crafty!
Glad to hear you got a new piece.
Edit:
This also so seems to be a change in serial # format, the Crafty now beginning with MY instead of CY.
It's very odd that S&B haven't maintained the app.

I did vape the new Crafty, sure, but tbh during this session I was all about getting the app connected, so not really super conscious, but yea, it performed as well as I'd expect a new Crafty to perform.
Had a nice spliff afterwards.

And I planned to get in touch about this issue with S&B today, but they got there first by giving me a blind call by a nice employee, and she explained to me that they sent me a Crafty which shouldn't had left the company, and that I won't be able to connect it to the app etc - and she promised to send me a new one out directly, while the mysterious one will be collected at my home within the next days.. so I could also have a free Crafty, but nah, we good right.

I have a crafty that I haven't used for a couple months due to my new found love with rosin and dabbing, as a matter of fact I haven't even been to this thread for probably the same amount of time. But I recently revisited and read about the new dosing caps and saw that my man @ChooChooCharlie was spreading the love with free samples :tup: so I said why not. I pulled out my crafty for a reunion while waiting for my capsules and realized I was not getting any vapor, my temp was dropping 10-20 degrees during a normal inhale, and my herb was still greenish after my session so I started a rma. I was disappointed after not hearing anything for about a week, when I called no one answered, so I sent an email stating my concerns and my disappointment in there slow response. They responded the next day apologizing, stating my rma had been approved, and my email had probably gotten sent to my junk mail. I checked my junk mail and there it was :doh:. I sent my crafty in yesterday and they should have it by tomorrow. 77 hours and received this replacement around 6 months ago if I had to take a guess. Used to be my daily driver so racked up those hours in like 4 months. I originally purchased March of 2015 so my 2 years is getting close. I am debating on requesting an upgrade to the mighty or just gambling that this new one will fail before my warranty period is over and I get one more fresh unit before it is too late. When I 1st purchased my crafty stealth was very important hence my choice over the mighty at that time, but if you look at my signature you can see I have aquired more stealthier units since then. I am thinking the mighty can be more of a home unit with company that has the advantage of being extremely mobile :brow:

I have a crafty that I haven't used for a couple months due to my new found love with rosin and dabbing, as a matter of fact I haven't even been to this thread for probably the same amount of time. But I recently revisited and read about the new dosing caps and saw that my man @ChooChooCharlie was spreading the love with free samples :tup: so I said why not. I pulled out my crafty for a reunion while waiting for my capsules and realized I was not getting any vapor, my temp was dropping 10-20 degrees during a normal inhale, and my herb was still greenish after my session so I started a rma. I was disappointed after not hearing anything for about a week, when I called no one answered, so I sent an email stating my concerns and my disappointment in there slow response. They responded the next day apologizing, stating my rma had been approved, and my email had probably gotten sent to my junk mail. I checked my junk mail and there it was :doh:. I sent my crafty in yesterday and they should have it by tomorrow. 77 hours and received this replacement around 6 months ago if I had to take a guess. Used to be my daily driver so racked up those hours in like 4 months. I originally purchased March of 2015 so my 2 years is getting close. I am debating on requesting an upgrade to the mighty or just gambling that this new one will fail before my warranty period is over and I get one more fresh unit before it is too late. When I 1st purchased my crafty stealth was very important hence my choice over the mighty at that time, but if you look at my signature you can see I have aquired more stealthier units since then. I am thinking the mighty can be more of a home unit with company that has the advantage of being extremely mobile :brow:

i would go for the mighty if you get the chance, i had a crafty and upgraded to a mighty and the plus's far out weight any negatives

dunwich

Hey guys!

Just got a used Crafty from Ebay, and now im beginning to fear that its not genuine since I came across a video which suggested that there might be a lot of fake Mighty's and Crafty's floating the market.
So before I pay the money, im wondering if there is anyway to make sure that the one I bought is genuine.
He sent me this picture of the bottom of the unit with serial number:
6AWLJVt.jpg

Edit: He sent me a few more pics:
sD8ZRkM.jpg

s2LILyo.jpg

QE3HYCG.jpg

It looks genuine, but then again, alot of the fake Mightys looks almost identical to the real ones. Does anyone know if there has been cases of fake units at all with the Crafty or if its a Mighty-only problem?
Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited:
dunwich,

ligi

ligi
This bottom looks similar to mine which is directly from S&B - mine just has a lot less black - but this comes from transport/usage ..-)

ligi,
Reactions: dunwich

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The hologram and Crafty logo on top of the cooling unit look good. I think the lack of a hologram was at one point a way to tell the difference. If you want you can contact S&B and have them look up the serial#. The o-rings are the correct color. This one looks real to me.

dunwich

Thanks t-dub

Must admit that i have a little buyers remorse. I just looked through this forum and it seems like there is no chance in hell that an Crafty will outlive it's 2 years warranty, and since im a heavy user, i'll probably also be having problems with the battery life. Where do I stand regarding warranty considdering that Ive bought a used unit from Ebay? Will they still replace it if it brakes? Im in Europe if that matters anything.
I got the Crafty instead of the Mighty because of stealth, but now im considdering buying a Mighty for home use, and then just use the Crafty when im out. This way the Crafty might also have a chance to survive a little longer.
I must admit that im shocked to read that all Craftys seems to die within a couple of years, max.

dunwich,
Reactions: t-dub
Top Bottom