Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Astedra

Crafty on its way back from warranty repeare I just keep thinking of the guy on here who is on his 5th crafty lol

Astedra,
Reactions: vapeppau

DorianGray

I tried a half bowl without the lp and wasn't impressed. I doubt I'll try it with the lp, as it seems a waste of battery life to fully heat the crafty up for a half bowl anyhoo. Plus my ff is better for shorter sessions :tup:

is it? tell us more, how is the ff better for shorter sessions? mind comparing the two? I might be interested in a firefly then, lol

i've been using the screen all day and I really like to vape this way, it keeps my cooling unit screen spotless, i don't need to brush it. who was it that first suggested this, I want to thank him!

I plan on doing lots more testing tomorrow, lol

Last edited:
DorianGray,

tdriver

Joined the Crafty club yesterday. Very impressed so far !!!
( Accent FS :)
I have read 75% of this thread, retained 25% :)
Is mine an early unit ?? 000525
Thanks

early unit doesn't mean anything. check the firmware version to see if it is upgraded.
details ,version...etc. are a few pages back.

UnshavenFish

Joined the Crafty club yesterday. Very impressed so far !!!
( Accent FS :)
I have read 75% of this thread, retained 25% :)
Is mine an early unit ?? 000525
Thanks

25% is pretty good going, I've read it a few times and am still at around 25% :rofl:

Mine is cy009843 with firmware v02.05, as far as i know mine is a newer unit (bought from vapefiend), but i would agree with @tdriver check the firmware.

And welcome to the club:cheers:
Now all i need is your members fee, just send £50000 cash and i will send your members card:lmao:

turbovap

early unit doesn't mean anything. check the firmware version to see if it is upgraded.
details ,version...etc. are a few pages back.

It's version 2.04, Seems to work fine. Actually i'm pretty amazed at how well it works.
No spacers, jacks, cotton, ect, ect... just load it and vap on....lol
Not hating on my Accent to much, it is a solid unit, it just takes 2 weeks to figure out the exact way it needs to be loaded. Even then it was hit and miss.
The Crafty doesn't seem to care. Load, Vap, :)

biohacker

I've been without the Crafty for 8 hours now and have been using the Air in its place. There will be 2 Air packages listed in the classifieds very shortly. Don't think anything else needs to be said about how I feel about the Crafty. Best portable i've ever used.

My only real serious concern is battery longevity. But I love it so much i'm willing to fork out the $50 every 6-12 months. If S&B released this with a swappable battery.....now THAT would be something.

shaolinmilk

This is my first vaporizer and I had it for about a week now. The taste is great, the amount of vapor I get from it is amazing and the best part of all... I have not smoked a joint since I got it (Been smoking everyday for the past 10 years).

One problem is that this device gets you so high that you do certain things you wouldn't normally do when sober! I purchased a PAX 2 during one of my sessions and I hope that little bugger is at least half as decent as the Crafty.

Vaporcussion

I'm a Crafty user who just got the Pax 2. I'm so disappointed with it, I just can't get a decent hit out of it. I have the pax 1 and I got better hits out of that! The new slit mp just feels restrictive, and the flared mp they include gets so hot it's unusable. Amazed the Pax would include a mp that gets so hot. The taste, imo, is basically the same as the Pax 1, the lip sensing is bs as far as I can tell. The only real improvement is they solved the mp cleaning problem. Battery life feels about the same, the lowest temp setting yielded nothing. I look forward to a Crafty 2 with LONG battery life

DorianGray

image.jpg

I just cleaned my crafty and replaced the cooling unit screen. then I did 3 ovens with that extra screen and this is what my screen looks like.

Last edited:

shaolinmilk

I'm a Crafty user who just got the Pax 2. I'm so disappointed with it, I just can't get a decent hit out of it. I have the pax 1 and I got better hits out of that! The new slit mp just feels restrictive, and the flared mp they include gets so hot it's unusable. Amazed the Pax would include a mp that gets so hot. The taste, imo, is basically the same as the Pax 1, the lip sensing is bs as far as I can tell. The only real improvement is they solved the mp cleaning problem. Battery life feels about the same, the lowest temp setting yielded nothing. I look forward to a Crafty 2 with LONG battery life
Well... you just made me sad! haha

Well for what its worth, everyone has different taste.... I hope mine is not the same as yours.

shaolinmilk,

SecureSwede

Will S&B honor massdrop purchases? I know its a long shot but I want to pick up a crafty at a not so MIGHTY price... hah.hah........

SecureSwede,
Reactions: Krizzle

biohacker

Damn, even at $320 unlocked, is like the same as the $399 retail canadian that's charged up here. Wish there was a Canadian massdrop, or we had a real currency!

biohacker,
Reactions: Darb

hashkin

while i agree with everyone that the crafty prodcues the best vapour. i a also very dissapointed with it.

1. the price is too high for what you get.

2. it over heats

3. it chips and breaks easily.

4. you have to send it in for repairs and upgrades which is a waste of time

5. battery is terrible.

6.you cant charge while using it and it causes more problems.

we paid for a premium product but it doesnt feel premium, it just feels fragile. you have to baby it to make it last.i have 5 hours on mine, barely used, shiny as new and sooo clean. but it already overheats :( i dont like holding it like that. and i cant connect my phone to it anymore, so i will have to send it in. other than that as i said it works the best,so they need bring on a crafty 2.0 and allow us to trade in for a fee maybe.

biohacker

while i agree with everyone that the crafty prodcues the best vapour. i a also very dissapointed with it.

I'm glad you agree that the Crafty produces the best vapour, and completely empathize why you are disappointed in it. I want to address each of your points and share my own experience with @lazylathe Crafty. I borrowed this Crafty when it only had 4 hours on it, since then I put 16 of my own hours on it, and just gave it back the other day. I have since started using my Arizer Air again, and it just doesn't come close.

1. the price is too high for what you get.

100% in agreement. WAY overpriced, but I think this is typical S&B, very similar to Apple. However, the product is so good, and since there is nothing better to replace it with IMO, I have no choice but look for the best deal possible.

2. it over heats

It can, but so can other portable vaporizers like my Arizer Air. Sure it's happened more with the Crafty, but it's been due to my back-to-back usage, or using the upper temp range. No biggie, turn off and on and it's a non-issue. Again, it's only happened to me a handful of times out of 16hours of usage, so I wouldn't consider this a real issue. The firmware is 2.04 and I think this has been addressed in the 2.05 update?

3. it chips and breaks easily.

This is one thing that scared the shit out of me borrowing a buddies expensive plastic portable vape. I can be clumsy, and just accepted that if I break it I buy it. All the reports and pics of bits and pieces breaking is a real concern, however I had no issues - nothing chipped or broke. And now I realize if it's only cosmetic, it's not a concern...my ocd has been dissipating greatly over the past year! lol

4. you have to send it in for repairs and upgrades which is a waste of time

I haven't had any problems at 20 hours, and many haven't experienced a repair/upgrade in many more hours than that. It always sucks sending a vape in, but it's no different than vapexhale, arizer, or any other company. Pretty sure some companies have S&B beat in this category! I've been around this forum for a while and have witnessed much.

5. battery is terrible.

This one bugs me. WHY didn't they utilize a replaceable battery like the Arizer Air? Profit I suppose, at $50/pop and $75 for mighty, just damn. With a vape like this, the battery gets warm and there is much strain on it, and it won't last my usage a year, guarenteed. The battery life itself is acceptable for my use, sure i'd love another bowl or two out of it, but my standard 3 bowls per battery is decent. Can always stick the usb charger in my car. I'm hoping for a Crafty 2 update with a little battery latch on the bottom! One can dream/wish.

6.you cant charge while using it and it causes more problems.

You can't charge while using when it's at a very low charge. Once it has some life, it will work but drain the battery faster than charging it. It's hard on the battery, and I would never use it this way, but at least the option is there. So either your statement is simply false, or you need to elaborate more. What specific problems are you referring to?

we paid for a premium product but it doesnt feel premium, it just feels fragile. you have to baby it to make it last.i have 5 hours on mine, barely used, shiny as new and sooo clean. but it already overheats :( i dont like holding it like that. and i cant connect my phone to it anymore, so i will have to send it in. other than that as i said it works the best,so they need bring on a crafty 2.0 and allow us to trade in for a fee maybe.

I really do understand, and completely agree.... especially that it doesn't feel premium. However it is a brand new entry into the market and will surely improve. If you haven't guessed already, WE are the beta testers much of the time!

I'm starting to think that the overheating MAY have something to do with the way we hold it? I swear at times i've noticed a harder draw/airflow and I thought it was due to maybe blocking some air intake holes?

I have never once had a single bluetooth connection issue in the 16hours that i've used it. I use an older iphone 5.

As many problems as the Crafty has, it still remains the best (and most expensive) portable i've ever used and I look forward to owning my own within a few weeks!

Thanks again to @lazylathe for the test drive! I have drank the koolaid and now need a Crafty or/and Mighty!

hashkin

I'm glad you agree that the Crafty produces the best vapour, and completely empathize why you are disappointed in it. I want to address each of your points and share my own experience with @lazylathe Crafty. I borrowed this Crafty when it only had 4 hours on it, since then I put 16 of my own hours on it, and just gave it back the other day. I have since started using my Arizer Air again, and it just doesn't come close.

100% in agreement. WAY overpriced, but I think this is typical S&B, very similar to Apple. However, the product is so good, and since there is nothing better to replace it with IMO, I have no choice but look for the best deal possible.

It can, but so can other portable vaporizers like my Arizer Air. Sure it's happened more with the Crafty, but it's been due to my back-to-back usage, or using the upper temp range. No biggie, turn off and on and it's a non-issue. Again, it's only happened to me a handful of times out of 16hours of usage, so I wouldn't consider this a real issue. The firmware is 2.04 and I think this has been addressed in the 2.05 update?

This is one thing that scared the shit out of me borrowing a buddies expensive plastic portable vape. I can be clumsy, and just accepted that if I break it I buy it. All the reports and pics of bits and pieces breaking is a real concern, however I had no issues - nothing chipped or broke. And now I realize if it's only cosmetic, it's not a concern...my ocd has been dissipating greatly over the past year! lol

I haven't had any problems at 20 hours, and many haven't experienced a repair/upgrade in many more hours than that. It always sucks sending a vape in, but it's no different than vapexhale, arizer, or any other company. Pretty sure some companies have S&B beat in this category! I've been around this forum for a while and have witnessed much.

This one bugs me. WHY didn't they utilize a replaceable battery like the Arizer Air? Profit I suppose, at $50/pop and $75 for mighty, just damn. With a vape like this, the battery gets warm and there is much strain on it, and it won't last my usage a year, guarenteed. The battery life itself is acceptable for my use, sure i'd love another bowl or two out of it, but my standard 3 bowls per battery is decent. Can always stick the usb charger in my car. I'm hoping for a Crafty 2 update with a little battery latch on the bottom! One can dream/wish.

You can't charge while using when it's at a very low charge. Once it has some life, it will work but drain the battery faster than charging it. It's hard on the battery, and I would never use it this way, but at least the option is there. So either your statement is simply false, or you need to elaborate more. What specific problems are you referring to?

I really do understand, and completely agree.... especially that it doesn't feel premium. However it is a brand new entry into the market and will surely improve. If you haven't guessed already, WE are the beta testers much of the time!

I'm starting to think that the overheating MAY have something to do with the way we hold it? I swear at times i've noticed a harder draw/airflow and I thought it was due to maybe blocking some air intake holes?

I have never once had a single bluetooth connection issue in the 16hours that i've used it. I use an older iphone 5.

As many problems as the Crafty has, it still remains the best (and most expensive) portable i've ever used and I look forward to owning my own within a few weeks!

Thanks again to @lazylathe for the test drive! I have drank the koolaid and now need a Crafty or/and Mighty!

thats what bothers me, i had to pay £239 to be a beta tester which is silly. they should have a longer warranty also because these things are gna keep breaking.

biohacker

thats what bothers me, i had to pay £239 to be a beta tester which is silly. they should have a longer warranty also because these things are gna keep breaking.

Agree, but you didn't have to buy one. Brand new product releases like this rarely go without an issue. IMO the only real issue here is the battery, but that is simply the nature of the technology. Batteries are consumable items, and I accept that. I'm just grateful and happy that a portable vape like the Crafty even exists! And the bluetooth gadgetry of it all is so cool!

Every portable out there has its own specific issues and I accept and tolerate those of the Crafty over the others considering how incredible its performance is. If somebody copies this tech, and makes it out of something even more durable, and a swappable battery, it will be a real game changer. Then again, the Crafty is already a game changer in my eyes after using the Solo for years and recently the Air.

Hotz

Just for report

26 hours of use here,

Edit: All with full bowls to 190C

With a full battery = takes 2:20 minutes to get ready
Battery at 65% = It takes 2:40
Battery below 35% = It takes 3:20

so far without overheating

With full charge provides three sessions, possibly 5 to 10% spare battery

Last edited:
Top Bottom