Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Half bowls should work better for your situation, unless you like the reheated taste and to separate the good from the bad put a coffe filter on the lid of your jar, and pour it onto a flat glass surface (eg. Glass baking sheet), once the iso evaporates your literally 'golden'

I feel a bit slow but do I allow the ISO to evaporate naturally or do I put heat to it. The ISO is already in a jar I just put the cu in it, shake it up, and let it sit for about an half hr. I then put the lid on the jar and place in the fridge. Do I pour the ISO through the coffee filter once I'm ready to make the quiso oil or when?

MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound,

Krizzle

Hi Very high
@MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound You just need to put your glass dish with ISO in outside somewhere to evaporate off. If its 99.9% ISO it wont take long, if its any less it will show up a weird chocolate milk color until eventually evaporating all away. Sniff that shit and once you can longer smell any Alcohol you are good to get scraping using a razor blade and then its onto vapeing :nod:

Edit @WakeAndVape did a better explanation with the coffee filter I missed that part out sorry.

shaolinmilk

Is it safe to fill the bowl while the Crafty is on? Sometimes I finish a bowl too quick and would like to fill my bowl again without waiting for the unit to cool down.

shaolinmilk,
Thanks for all the advice

@WakeAndVape do I use the coffee filter when pouring out the jar unto a flat service to catch the debris?? And if so can I also use a cheese cloth or unused panty hose like when I am making cannibutter and I'm separating the cannibus from the butter?

MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thanks for all the advice

@WakeAndVape do I use the coffee filter when pouring out the jar unto a flat service to catch the debris?? And if so can I also use a cheese cloth or unused panty hose like when I am making cannibutter and I'm separating the cannibus from the butter?
That's exactly why you use it. You can use whatever you want to filter, but when draining out your iso, the coffee filter is the finest unless you get micron screens.
In all actuality you (probably) don't have to filter it at all if your going to use said qwiso in the crafty/mighty...but I started reclaiming when I needed 'full melt' (no residue) stuff for pens and the like because the coils don't like it and it causes them to burn funny.
i would try to dry as naturally as possible as well
Is it safe to fill the bowl while the Crafty is on? Sometimes I finish a bowl too quick and would like to fill my bowl again without waiting for the unit to cool down.
I do sometimes, I also heat it up while I'm preparing to fill it because it takes a while to heat up, the only real danger is burning your finger or melting the plastic pick tool on the walls of the heating unit, but again I do it all the time...I just tap and dump the spent bowl, ball up the herb and drop it in (iso I don't have to touch the oven walls) and put a screen over the bowl to keep the coiling unit cleaner

Last edited:
WakeAndVape,

shaolinmilk

I do sometimes, I also heat it up while I'm preparing to fill it because it takes a while to heat up, the only real danger is burning your finger or melting the plastic pick tool on the walls of the heating unit, but again I do it all the time...I just tap and dump the spent bowl, ball up the herb and drop it in (iso I don't have to touch the oven walls) and put a screen over the bowl to keep the coiling unit cleaner
So you used the extra screens provided to cover the bowl so it keeps the CU from getting dirty? Also, you stated that you do it all the time. Are you referring to using the filling tool while the unit is heated?

shaolinmilk,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
So you used the extra screens provided to cover the bowl so it keeps the CU from getting dirty? Also, you stated that you do it all the time. Are you referring to using the filling tool while the unit is heated?
I don't use the screens provided (because they are expensive by screen standards) just some regular 3/4 screens and I fill the bowl when hot, I rarely use the filling tool because I mostly use on the go and it takes up too much pocket real estate

WakeAndVape,

DoubleVanos

for those using the liquid pad, how are you removing it from the chamber without getting the strings undone?

Wake and vape said it first, remove when hot. I also use the little stir tool to do this,as it can get pretty hot.

I took crafty on it's first walk, the weather was much nicer but still rather cold @ 3 C. I discovered two things.

-Walking and vaping with the crafty is sooo easy, even dumping and refilling. Surely, to vapes it's the greatest thing since sliced bread :)

- I need to walk more , lol

Sabe

I sent in my Crafty on Friday. It was on its deathbed. I had never dropped it. I took it out of the house once. It had a lot of problems, but would still vape like a beast. I didn't send it in until I got the yellow and red lights of death. Serial number was in the 1000s. The scratches in the chamber were from my boyfriend scraping out resin (gotta use ISO and a q-tip next time!).

xuas7.jpg

ISSUES:
-It had problems with overheating. I could get through one bowl if I was quick.
-It wouldn't vibrate all the time. When it did vibrate, you could hear something loose shaking on the inside.
-The battery would last for two bowls per charge and take 3 hours to charge up fully. The two bowls had to be done separately, once the vape cooled down.
-I had to babysit it while it was charging. It would stop randomly.
-The plastic that attaches Crafty to the cooling unit came off, piece by piece. I tried Crazy Glue at first, but the pieces kept chipping away.
-I easily had over 130 hours on the thing, however, when it officially died, I couldn't connect to the app anymore. That was another thing, it would only connect to the app 80% of the time.

My grandma, on the other hand, has a Mighty and it's doing plenty fine!

I got my package from Storz and Bickel today! It had a brand new (not really brand new) Crafty in a sealed box because obviously mine was beyond the point of repair. It came with all new accessories, which is great because my old filling chamber fell apart, too.

2hzguv5.jpg

So all in all, I'm happy that I was given a brand new (not really) replacement. It has 88 hours on it. However, if this one screws up on me.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I'm completely assed out of $400. (Someone has corrected me and there is hope!!)

I will report back with comparisons to the OG version. So far, I have new O rings and a serial number in the 14000s. Off to pick up some Pizza Hut. Haven't vaped or consumed weed in 2 weeks. I have brownies which I baked this morning on stand-by (didn't expect to be back in the vape game so soon!!).

Sidenote: Storz & Bickel made sure to send me 2 pricelists and 2 brochures. I guess they're trying to tell me that I'll be in the market for a new vape soon..? I hope not.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

So all in all, I'm happy that I was given a brand new replacement. However, if this one screws up on me.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I'm completely assed out of $400.

Not sure what you mean by this comment? Anyways got my replacement back today. This time they did send me a new unit :)

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: DorianGray

Sabe

Not sure what you mean by this comment? Anyways got my replacement back today. This time they did send me a new unit :)
That's dope! Thanks for the info. I saw the invoice they sent me and it has "WARRANTY EXCHANGE -399.99" listed on it.. With my luck, I figured it was a one-shot deal. Glad to hear otherwise. I just thought it was unprofitable for S&B to keep replacing dead units with new ones.

Update: My Crafty is NOT brand new. I feel dumb, but it really fooled me. The app says it has 88 hours on it... Far from brand new. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

DMPesso

I know Im being lazy please don't flame or tell me to search. can someone tell me what's the most efficient and best tasting way to hookup the crafty to a stereo matrix or any piece thats 18mm

DMPesso,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I know Im being lazy please don't flame or tell me to search. can someone tell me what's the most efficient and best tasting way to hookup the crafty to a stereo matrix or any piece thats 18mm
Delta 3D Studios...muf***a!!! (You didn't say don't cuss at you lol) but a Google search of that company will get you what you want FAST (on page 168 if you search, I have a crude demo with it)

Last edited:
WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Stu

HerbieVonVapster

Update: My Crafty is NOT brand new. I feel dumb, but it really fooled me. The app says it has 88 hours on it... Far from brand new. Sorry for the confusion.

Well that sucks. Least they send you a complete kit my refurbished just got the unit in box. Surprised too that the unit # is so new. My refurbished was older than one I sent back. Does the bowl have wear?

HerbieVonVapster,

themilkywaykid

bought a crafty a month ago. I am extremely happy with the quality of the vape and the size, however mine I believe was faulty. the battery life only lasted 14 minutes, from full 2hr charge, this included the time time it takes to warm up. I have returned back and im awaiting a refund after the merchant has done their own tests. i understand battery life is meant to last triple that time.

as soon as I get my refund back, I'm going to buy a mighty, because that quality of vape with such a solid device, is life changing :)

one more thing, the bluetooth feature is very annoying, i have an android phone but it has to be a later model before the app will work, this means I have never been able to change the temperature on my crafty. they really didn't think about that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
themilkywaykid,

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
I for one am very glad for bluetooth. I rarely use it, and all my friends have compatible phones. I don't either.

My alcohol wipes dried out... Is cleaning the bowl sides good for efficiency as well as cosmetics?

YetAnotherUsername,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
My alcohol wipes dried out... Is cleaning the bowl sides good for efficiency as well as cosmetics?
cleaning the sides of the bowl is good for cosmetics only, but can hinder function if the res on the walls are so thick they drip into the heating element holes and cause a clog...The screens need to be cleaned for efficiency.
A nightly ritual of swabbing with a qtip and iso will keep the bowl at peak cosmetics

DMPesso

Delta 3D Studios...muf***a!!! (You didn't say don't cuss at you lol) but a Google search of that company will get you what you want FAST (on page 168 if you search, I have a crude demo with it)
Lol thanks man. Do you think it's really worth hooking it up to a bong? Like u think it gets U more "medicated" then just combusting thru the pipe? I can imagine I would get more THC since combusting kills a lot of it on contact. I just googled it and I see it is made from silicone, you really can't taste it?

DMPesso,

DorianGray

I picked up some screens to try instead of the liquid pad for the purpose of keeping the cooling unit clean. firing up my crafty and will report back.
image.jpg

DorianGray,
Reactions: vapeppau

Mr Mellish

I picked up some screens to try instead of the liquid pad for the purpose of keeping the cooling unit clean. firing up my crafty and will report back.
image.jpg

Looking forward to your report. From my experience, the LP makes the draw much more harsh.

skyvaper

:)
Lol thanks man. Do you think it's really worth hooking it up to a bong? Like u think it gets U more "medicated" then just combusting thru the pipe? I can imagine I would get more THC since combusting kills a lot of it on contact. I just googled it and I see it is made from silicone, you really can't taste it?

Ive got one and yes no taste. If its freshly printed it wll smell like vinegar but it goes away after a day or so. It also fits imag/ghost/cloud v phantom vapes too!! And water filtration lowers the concentration of your vaped material. So it does not get you more medicated but slightly less. I find water with the crafty is not necessary unless you dont do well with dry vapor. If you are looking to cool the vapor more the CU alone does a great job imo.

skyvaper,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
If it doesn't fit exactly, go with the contact lense shape and fold in one corner, to get a better lift with the poking tool (I'll save you the scratches my bowl earned)
No ta taste as @skyvaper said, but I think that it gets you more medicated with the bong, I won't argue that the water DOES take something away, but for me...I get more vapor with it and I think it had to do with the draw pressure because the cooling unit gets hotter and the bowls go faster...its a nice switch up for me and the silicone means that it's indestructible (to a certain extent) :2c:

Top Bottom