Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green

I cleaned it once in 170 hours! I have used my Crafty never without the capsules and I clean the Cooling units regularly. I :love: my Crafty!

Chandler

My RMA for my Crafty was approved. i requested the upgrade to Mighty, but there was no mention of that. should i leave a message in the box with the Crafty? i know S&B aren't so great with replies so i think an email might be ignored, suggestions??
thanks

Chandler,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My RMA for my Crafty was approved. i requested the upgrade to Mighty, but there was no mention of that. should i leave a message in the box with the Crafty? i know S&B aren't so great with replies so i think an email might be ignored, suggestions??
thanks
I did the message right in the box with returned Crafty and next thing I got was an invoice for the upgrade.
good luck!

vapviking,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks. I appreciate the quick responses. i'll leave a note in the box! no doubt i can order items from them in oakland? perhaps i should also request an extra CU and dosing capsules?
The capsules are worth having, at minimum.
There'll come a time soon enough when you want to expand on the 'stuff'. With free ship over $25, it's pretty painless.
If you have all those Crafty c/u's then more Mighty's might not really be necessary.
I've had only one for over a year, and the four Crafty c/u's have gone to 2 muzzmods, a dome-screen c/u for smaller loads, and a regular for spare.

EDIT
I got a little confused and some of this post was maybe meant for Mighty thread, where similar discussion is ongoing...

Last edited:
vapviking,

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
As in my last post said, my Crafty vapes now for 170 hours. Yesterday I had time to check out how long it takes to heat up and other things...

1st session: heat up time 2:02 from 22°C to 180°C. Battery drained from 100% to 91%. I vaped 5 minutes then I boosted to 195°C. After 7 minutes on Boost my session was over and the battery showed 69%.

2nd session: heat up time 2:40 from 25°C to 180°C. Battery drained from 69% to 59%. I vaped nearly 6 minutes then I boosted to 195°C. After 6:45 on Boost the herb was done and the battery level showed 35%.

3rd session: heat up time 3:25 from 23°C to 180°C. Battery drained from 35% to 25%. I vaped 5 minutes then I boosted the temp to 195°C. After 6 minutes on boost my capsule was done and battery level showed 1% left.

After round about 85 minutes my Crafty was charged and ready for more...:rockon:

Vape on! :wave:

bellas

Can anyone link a car charger that would work that's cheaper than $13?
Thank You

bellas,

LukeMLH

I have the Crafty and have had it for about 4 months. I'm at 77 hours and have dropped my Crafty many times..

One time dropping it, something inside must have broken off because when the vape vibrates, there's a slight rattling sound inside the vape by the LED. If you shake the Crafty around you can hear it too.

I don't think it's anything to worry about, but these facts might be: I've dropped it so many times, use it at max temp daily to the point is gets fairly hot and prompts me to "let the vaporizer cool down", it also takes around 2 minutes or so to reach max temp. It always has done though even though I bought it brand new. It had some issues at the start where it was overheating badly and not vaporizing my material, but this slowly fixed with each use (took about 5 uses to get the vaporizer to standard).

I plan to get the Mighty, as I love these 'features' if you wish, from the Crafty:

-All round brilliant vape
-The fact that it's S&B and they seem to be so good with their customers
-Easy to load with the loading tool
-Micro dosing with capsules/concentrate pad
-On the go charging with a power pack

My only downside is the fear of my device breaking any time soon. Is this as common with the Mighty? I was looking at the Firefly 2 but have heard mixed reviews. I do like the look of the Davinci IQ but it doesn't seem like a solid option just yet.

I won't be getting a new vaporizer for another 2 months, but I would like to decide on something fairly soon.

I like the efficiency of the FF2 but what are its currently known issues/downsides in comparison to the Crafty/Mighty?

EDIT: Also wondering if my device dies soon, are S&B likely to repair/replace even with the small piece broken off inside?

Last edited:
LukeMLH,

Hotz

I am having an uncomfortable experience with the support of the company, I activated my RMA to change my device, in the own request I asked if it was possible an upgrade to might and how much it would cost.

So I sent the product, and while it was on the way, I sent several emails about the RMA, and ordering the exchange for might.

They only answered me once asking what the tracking number of the equipment was, I answered them promptly.

In the end they close the RMA, they gave it as solved, they probably just traded for a new crafty, they simply ignored my request within the RMA and my emails requesting the exchange.

Oakland S & B has a shit support. They simply do not respond to emails. And no, they are not in my spam folder.

DAMN.

Hotz,

Hotz

@Hotz did they send you back a new Crafty?

I do not know, it is not clear what was fixed because the RMA only says they were agreed or replaced.

The device has not yet reached me, I do not even know what address they sent to me because I requested via e-mail and a document inside the mailbox that they were sent to a different address than the sender, because my country does not accept vaporizers , So I asked that the return be sent home to a friend in Miami who will bring me.

But I do not know which address they sent them to.

Hotz,

King87

Thought I'd give an update on my Crafty now it's 35 hours in.... it really is a great device. Still enjoying the crafty - its great how many places you can vape and get away with it!

Yes, battery is shit and you can only get about 3 full sessions on it, but its easy enough to charge anywhere.

Actually prefer vaping to having a spliff now, all good!

DrDurdle

Hi guys,

i will receive a new Crafty as a gift today (should be new firmware version).
i read plenty of reviews about the device the the reported problems with battery and longlivety trouble me a bit.
i even thought of selling the crafty and buying a mighty instead, not sure.
the device would see just occasional use, max 1-2 a week.
currently, i dont have access to a mobile and i wont in the near future. are the preset temperatures good to use? are there any other things i should adjust via the app? (like leds, vibration ect) or can i just forget about the app and use the crafty as it is just fine?
any recommendations for small bowls? i am a low tolerance user and usually one good session lasts me 6-8 hours (also feeling it 1-2 days after)
any other tips?
thx in advanc guys

DrDurdle,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi guys,

i read plenty of reviews about the device the the reported problems with battery and longlivety trouble me a bit.
currently, i dont have access to a mobile and i wont in the near future. are the preset temperatures good to use? are there any other things i should adjust via the app? (like leds, vibration ect) or can i just forget about the app and use the crafty as it is just fine?
any recommendations for small bowls? i am a low tolerance user and usually one good session lasts me 6-8 hours (also feeling it 1-2 days after)
any other tips?
thx in advanc guys
Your use is so light that Crafty will likely be fine and last pretty long.
The preset temps are okay, with a set temp and a boost option. If things somehow go awry, you can reset to these defaults with the button. It would be nice to be able to adjust the led, but a piece of tape can do that if need be.
All this said, the lack of app control is of course not an issue with Mighty.
One option you also have is to just enjoy this Crafty(of course!) and if it breaks under warranty you may have a chance to upgrade (through S&B) to a Mighty, as lots of folks have done.

Mr. Me2

Hi guys,

any other tips?
thx in advanc guys
Welcome @DrDurdle, and congrats in advance on your new toy!

Based on your described planned usage, I think the Crafty will be fine for you. 2 things to consider though re a switch to a Mighty; is your described usage solo or with others? If solo, the Crafty will do fine, I think. Also, regarding the app, I find the presets suit my needs. But obviously, the Mighty is adjustable without an app. For me, I prefer the Crafty size, and that it can stand up on its own. And I'm not bothered by its shorter battery life.

For smaller loads, you can use the liquid pad as a spacer that comes with it. I prefer using a regular size pipe screen in its place. Just cut a wedge out of it so the screen looks like pac man. Pull the edges together to form a small cone, and press it on top of your load to act as a spacer. Many here prefer the loading capsules to micro dose, but I don't have experience with them. All these methods work.

When you get your Crafty, give it a full charge. I don't remember it needing a burn off.

Hope this helps!

Chandler

it is not clear what was fixed because the RMA only says they were agreed or replaced.

My crafty reached oakland early this morning. I recieved a response a few hours ago, they said 'the device has either been repaired or replaced, blahzay blahzay...

I too requested the upgrade to Mighty, also left a written note in the package i sent... Who knows the outcome. Maybe they send back me a mighty at no cost? Either way i miss my crafty. Glad its been repaired /replaced, and is on the way back!

Chandler,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My crafty reached oakland early this morning. I recieved a response a few hours ago, they said 'the device has either been repaired or replaced, blahzay blahzay...

I too requested the upgrade to Mighty, also left a written note in the package i sent... Who knows the outcome. Maybe they send back me a mighty at no cost? Either way i miss my crafty. Glad its been repaired /replaced, and is on the way back!
This is surprising and a bit disturbing, to be sure.
Maybe it hasn't actually shipped yet?
Does any tech-based company use the telephone for customer service anymore? Once last year, when they had a unit of mine, I was sent an email saying I had to pay for new battery. I called and on the answer menu I selected "Sales" option, assuming companies like to sell their stuff. That was answered by a machine and I simply left my name and number. Got a call back a couple of hours later. I wasn't thrilled, but I did get the cost down from $70 to $50 by telling them that was the price on the website. After that they did then update the website price to $70 and I believe it has since changed again.
It may be that they are sending a new Crafty. I suggest that if you still want to do the upgrade, don't open the seal on the Crafty box until you have discussed its' return.

vapviking,
Reactions: Thcgos

Chandler

I suggest that if you still want to do the upgrade, don't open the seal on the Crafty box until you have discussed its' return.
Thanks for the suggestion. problem is, i don't want to extend the amount of weeks without my Crafty. add to that it looks like my CFV might take a while to reach me as well!

i'm disapointed S&B didn't even respond to my request when it seemed such a simple matter for others.
i don't like their lack of correspondence, so to avoid dealing with them, i'll likely just keep whatever they send.

at the least, i'm hoping for an improved version that lasts l00's of hours. warranty is up in april!

would be nice and reassuring if they offered a warranty extension program.... wishful thinking, but i think many would purchase. i would. i love this vape while it works!

DrDurdle

Welcome @DrDurdle, and congrats in advance on your new toy!

Based on your described planned usage, I think the Crafty will be fine for you. 2 things to consider though re a switch to a Mighty; is your described usage solo or with others? If solo, the Crafty will do fine, I think. Also, regarding the app, I find the presets suit my needs. But obviously, the Mighty is adjustable without an app. For me, I prefer the Crafty size, and that it can stand up on its own. And I'm not bothered by its shorter battery life.

For smaller loads, you can use the liquid pad as a spacer that comes with it. I prefer using a regular size pipe screen in its place. Just cut a wedge out of it so the screen looks like pac man. Pull the edges together to form a small cone, and press it on top of your load to act as a spacer. Many here prefer the loading capsules to micro dose, but I don't have experience with them. All these methods work.

When you get your Crafty, give it a full charge. I don't remember it needing a burn off.

Hope this helps!

will mostly solo, share with friends on rare occasions only (and they are even more light users compared to myself). we all did smoke a lot like >10years ago (daily heavy bong usage) but nowadays we just use it as a recreational fun happening tool rather than an addictive habit. (not consuming along with tobacco helps a lot in this regard)
friends consume only like twice or thrice a year
i hope the crafty can stand 3 half filled bowls in a row/short breaks in between them!?

any tips on preserving the battery longlivety in general? afaik it seems to be whats the bottleneck for the craftys livespan.

also do you guys think that the Crafty does create more "potent" vapour? like i used a Flowermate before , would i need the same amount of herb in a Crafty for the same effect (meaning the pros of the Crafty would be vapour taste/quantity mostly)?

DrDurdle,

mucsusn

60 going on 20
will mostly solo, share with friends on rare occasions only (and they are even more light users compared to myself). we all did smoke a lot like >10years ago (daily heavy bong usage) but nowadays we just use it as a recreational fun happening tool rather than an addictive habit. (not consuming along with tobacco helps a lot in this regard)
friends consume only like twice or thrice a year
i hope the crafty can stand 3 half filled bowls in a row/short breaks in between them!?

any tips on preserving the battery longlivety in general? afaik it seems to be whats the bottleneck for the craftys livespan.

also do you guys think that the Crafty does create more "potent" vapour? like i used a Flowermate before , would i need the same amount of herb in a Crafty for the same effect (meaning the pros of the Crafty would be vapour taste/quantity mostly)?
Half a bowl with a liquid pad will rip you up for several hours

mucsusn,

Chandler

This is surprising and a bit disturbing, to be sure.
Maybe it hasn't actually shipped yet?
You were absolutely correct! They told me the device was repaired/replaced and they'll send tracking information soon... That was yesterday..

I just recieved a PayPal invoice for $59 USD = $80 CAD. :rockon:

S&B, thanks. I appreciate it. I can't say I've had a bad experience dealing with you. This my 2nd replacement and a combined 250+ crafty hrs. In the past year and a half. I feel my money was well spent.

Now i have this strong excitement knowing what will be shipped, alongside a bit of remorse knowing I've just castaway one of my best friends! :(

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Now i have this strong excitement knowing what will be shipped, alongside a bit of remorse knowing I've just castaway one of my best friends! :(
It's like graduation day. Sorry to see friends go separate ways even as we look with excitement at the future.
Enjoy, you are in for a treat!

vapviking,
Reactions: Chandler
Top Bottom