Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Chandler

You know about @Ratchett 's stand for Mighty?
No! pics??.... edit* i found his site http://delta3dstudios.com/

alot of nice tools. is the stand a must have? i like the scoop tools, but at $20 USD thats a little pricey. the stand is a reasonable $8. i may have to invest... i swear i read somewhere that if you pull the orange pick out and put it back in upside down, Mighty will stand on its own. no truth to this??

vapviking

Old & In the Way
No! pics??.... edit* i found his site http://delta3dstudios.com/

alot of nice tools. is the stand a must have? i like the scoop tools, but at $20 USD thats a little pricey. the stand is a reasonable $8. i may have to invest... i swear i read somewhere that if you pull the orange pick out and put it back in upside down, Mighty will stand on its own. no truth to this??
Yes, it will stand on its own that way, just not very stable. It will stand without turning the pick around, but even less sturdy that way.
No accessory for Mighty is a "must have"! You know from having Crafty it's all in the box. Not to say accessories are't fun, mind ya.

Chandler

No accessory for Mighty is a "must have"! You know from having Crafty it's all in the box.
True. what about dosing capsules though? i believe some ppl who requested upgrade to Mighty received dosing capsules and a magazine with their new device! i'm hoping i get this as well, or perhaps purchase some. i'd like to try the capsules, further, i'd like to keep my Mighty clean! my Crafty was a mess, caked up bottom screen, caked up chamber walls. i'd like to do better this go round!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
True. what about dosing capsules though? i believe some ppl who requested upgrade to Mighty received dosing capsules and a magazine with their new device! i'm hoping i get this as well, or perhaps purchase some. i'd like to try the capsules, further, i'd like to keep my Mighty clean! my Crafty was a mess, caked up bottom screen, caked up chamber walls. i'd like to do better this go round!
I do like the capsules.
Maybe about time to head over to the Mighty thread...
with due pomp and circumstance

DrDurdle

unpacked my brand new Crafty today and gave it a try.
i am pretty amazed by the overall quality of the thing.
draw resistance is a dream (i can sip almost freely) and taste and quantity of vapor is super nice.

finger crossed, new models got a better life span.
anyone knows how i can use the app without a moblie?
can i launch it via PC?

DrDurdle,
Reactions: Chandler

vapviking

Old & In the Way
unpacked my brand new Crafty today and gave it a try.
i am pretty amazed by the overall quality of the thing.
draw resistance is a dream (i can sip almost freely) and taste and quantity of vapor is super nice.

finger crossed, new models got a better life span.
anyone knows how i can use the app without a moblie?
can i launch it via PC?
Congrats on the new friend! Enjoy!

I once looked into it and it takes some savvy to run app on PC, so I didn't get involved. It has to do with "emulating" a mobile devices' characteristics so you can run an app, and you also have to be sure to have the right Bluetooth version coming out of the PC.
I have no knowledge of anyone actually doing this, I had only explored the possibility on my own...

Maybe a little piece or two of blue tape can soften the lights...depending on surroundings they can be bright.

Keep in mind that if, in the rare instance, the temp (or any other) settings get messed up, you can do a factory reset to defaults by holding the button down (for like, 10 secs.).

Vapinmofo

I have the Crafty and have had it for about 4 months. I'm at 77 hours and have dropped my Crafty many times..

One time dropping it, something inside must have broken off because when the vape vibrates, there's a slight rattling sound inside the vape by the LED. If you shake the Crafty around you can hear it too.

I don't think it's anything to worry about, but these facts might be: I've dropped it so many times, use it at max temp daily to the point is gets fairly hot and prompts me to "let the vaporizer cool down", it also takes around 2 minutes or so to reach max temp. It always has done though even though I bought it brand new. It had some issues at the start where it was overheating badly and not vaporizing my material, but this slowly fixed with each use (took about 5 uses to get the vaporizer to standard).

I plan to get the Mighty, as I love these 'features' if you wish, from the Crafty:

-All round brilliant vape
-The fact that it's S&B and they seem to be so good with their customers
-Easy to load with the loading tool
-Micro dosing with capsules/concentrate pad
-On the go charging with a power pack

My only downside is the fear of my device breaking any time soon. Is this as common with the Mighty? I was looking at the Firefly 2 but have heard mixed reviews. I do like the look of the Davinci IQ but it doesn't seem like a solid option just yet.

I won't be getting a new vaporizer for another 2 months, but I would like to decide on something fairly soon.

I like the efficiency of the FF2 but what are its currently known issues/downsides in comparison to the Crafty/Mighty?

EDIT: Also wondering if my device dies soon, are S&B likely to repair/replace even with the small piece broken off inside?

It sounds like you have got your money worth out of that poor Crafty. Months of solid abuse!!
So If you are not having an issue..
Let me ask you this. does the vibrator function? if it is intermittent they may be willing to repair it for you.
They respond to the word "intermittent"
If they are able to detect that you Dropped your unit multiple times they may not be keen to just replace it and may want to charge you. Maybe get an upgrade to the MIGHTY??
Either way I would go online and put in for an RMA. they may want to charge you... they may just send you a new unit which is what they seem to do most often.
I myself have had 3 Craftys now one bought, 2 directly from S and B as warranty replacements.

Just get it done. do it now and you may have a nice clean perfect NEW unit before christmas.

Go for it.
Vapinmofo

Vapinmofo,

Vapinmofo

Just wondering do you all think the "sale" on Vaporizers from S and B is an indicator that they are clearing OLD STOCK to make room for new DESIGNS?
One would certainly hope to introduce those new designs before Christmas....

OR wait sell a shitload before christmas then introduce new Vaporizers so people who LOVE the Older gear to feel compelled to UPDATE or upgrade or just buy the new designs...

I can not imagine that S and B can rest on their laurels too much longer.
As true pioneers in the industry I expect a company of the caliber of S and B to work hard to be an industry leader by introducing new high efficiency designs.

Withe the RECREATIONAL market heating up Id like to think that S and B would begin to target recreational users. we know that Vaporizing is just plain more healthy that smoking. S and B can find a way to support safer use by selling people great Vaporizers.

Companies like PAX (bloom) and Firefly and many others have very compelling products. Is S and B falling behind? Are they out of touch with current Trends in herbal vaporizers? isn't it just a matter of time before S and B introduces us to the new S and B version of state of the art?

Id like to see some new and equally radical (to the original Volcano Crafty and Mighty) designs.

Anyone know anything about what is planned or even IF anything is planned?

Vapinmofo

Vapinmofo,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Just wondering do you all think the "sale" on Vaporizers from S and B is an indicator that they are clearing OLD STOCK to make room for new DESIGNS?
There is no indication of new designs. And judging from how long these took to come to market, and with incremental improvements over time, my thought is that things will not be drastically changing for a while.
Really? Look at the Volcano.

MinnBobber

....................................................................................
just my opinion but I'd expect new vapes from S & B just before Xmas, that is just before Xmas of 2020 :)

They are not like other companies that do new design after new design. Their plan is to stretch each product model to the max (ala Volcano).
All their current models are very worthy in their respective vape niches. Maybe an update someday (some year) to incorporate removable/ user replaceable batteries???

Just my guess, based on their track record.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Friend of mine had a "broken crafty" that had been sitting around for god knows how long
I'm like dude you paid all that money, They will fix it for you
Anyways I say give it to me and I will get it sent out for you for warranty

Thing hasn't been cleaned once the CU was jam packed with basically hash.
Broken housing as it was early model. Cleaned it up and popped in a fresh screen. Worked fine.

Anyways just sent it out and asked to upgrade to mighty. Dude couldn't even remember when or what store he bought from So we will see how this RMA goes lol. Just said bought in 2015 and was a gift. Shipping from CAnada to Oakland
Worst time of year to send something out but oh well!
Oh also in the box was a filling tool full of old stale herb and the oven was also packed haha when I got it:hmm:

whatitdew,

kaisersosay415

OR wait sell a shitload before christmas then introduce new Vaporizers so people who LOVE the Older gear to feel compelled to UPDATE or upgrade or just buy the new designs...

As true pioneers in the industry I expect a company of the caliber of S and B to work hard to be an industry leader by introducing new high efficiency designs.

Withe the RECREATIONAL market heating up Id like to think that S and B would begin to target recreational users. we know that Vaporizing is just plain more healthy that smoking. S and B can find a way to support safer use by selling people great Vaporizers.

Companies like PAX (bloom) and Firefly and many others have very compelling products. Is S and B falling behind? Are they out of touch with current Trends in herbal vaporizers? isn't it just a matter of time before S and B introduces us to the new S and B version of state of the art?

Id like to see some new and equally radical (to the original Volcano Crafty and Mighty) designs.

Anyone know anything about what is planned or even IF anything is planned?

Vapinmofo[/QUOTE
Where can I see this "sale" you speak of

kaisersosay415,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The 'sale' may have been that advertised promotional product giveaway that @Thcgos pasted a couple of pages back?
Or maybe a sale at a retailer? Prices on S&B site still look to be full 'list'.

vapviking,
Reactions: Thcgos

Zach79

My Crafty managed to make it almost six months and had 226 hours on the clock before the battery refused to charge. It was firmware version 2.10. Storz and Bickel EU have been excellent allowing me to upgrade to the Mighty for an extra 50€. I thought it was worth the upgrade for a little more reliability and better battery performance. I hope this one makes it past the six month mark.

Can't wait for the Mighty to arrive. I've missed the Crafty this past week so bad, :lol:

Bogart

I'm the opposite extreme. My Crafty died after almost a year and a half and it only had 11 hours on it! I sent it in and, without any discussion, I received a new Crafty in return. I probably would have gone for the Mighty upgrade if I had been asked or if I even knew. I'm just finding this thread now, a little too late.

So I can't attribute my Crafty failure to long use. 11 hours (and they were very light use and good battery treatment hours) is barely broken in. I sure hope this one lasts longer.

I asked S&B what the problem was. Why did my unit die with so few hours? Their response was, "Your unit had an electrical fault. There was nothing that could of changed the out come.'

Does anyone know what is happening to this vintage of Crafties? Is it a collection of causes, or one or two main reasons? Just curious and trying to look into the crystal ball for my new Crafty's future.

Bogart

Bogart,

ligi

ligi
Anyone experienced the following problem?: I have the feeling that my crafty does not reach the full temp anymore. Everything is nice with low temp but when I want the full 210° I do not get the same amount of puffs anymore and the product does not look as toasted as before. The app still shows this temp but I have the feeling this is a false value ..-(

Also I just wanted to reset the crafty ( In hope this solves the issue ) - never used the S&B app ( only my own ) with the new crafty and just realized I cannot use the S&B app anymore as I have to enter a S/N and the SN now contains letters - the S&B app only allows me to enter numbers - WTF - *?*

ligi,

zenmasterofzinfandel

I did a quick search, could only find in the 'pay it forward' thread, about what might happen if you drop your portable vape into water (a glass of water in that case). I accidentally knocked my Crafty into a bathtub, before relaxing soak :cry: If it was a iPhone, sensors say I'm fook'd, borked my $300 delivery system.

I am lucky (but not lucky enough) to be close to a local supplier of molecular sieve dessicant. Bought some next day, dropped the Crafty into a glass jar with the molecular sieve, and duct tapped it shut 5 days ago. Should be dry by now? Will it work, or did the electronics short out (was not on at the time, but fully charged)? Guess it was bound to happen sometime, just like I'm going to crack the screen or something on my iP, and drop into water. That's why I'm looking for some cheap copycat vape as a replacement for the Crafty. Maybe when the CFV gets replaceable batteries, I'll go for that?

zenmasterofzinfandel,

Mr. Me2

I did a quick search, could only find in the 'pay it forward' thread, about what might happen if you drop your portable vape into water (a glass of water in that case). I accidentally knocked my Crafty into a bathtub, before relaxing soak :cry: If it was a iPhone, sensors say I'm fook'd, borked my $300 delivery system.

I am lucky (but not lucky enough) to be close to a local supplier of molecular sieve dessicant. Bought some next day, dropped the Crafty into a glass jar with the molecular sieve, and duct tapped it shut 5 days ago. Should be dry by now? Will it work, or did the electronics short out (was not on at the time, but fully charged)? Guess it was bound to happen sometime, just like I'm going to crack the screen or something on my iP, and drop into water. That's why I'm looking for some cheap copycat vape as a replacement for the Crafty. Maybe when the CFV gets replaceable batteries, I'll go for that?
I wish you luck with your Crafty. Not to bring a bad omen, but if I remember the owners manual right, it says to not use it in the bathroom. Apparently, the Crafty is humidity sensitive too.

But others here have had water mishaps. I really hope this turns out ok for you.

Mr. Me2,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Apparently, the Crafty is humidity sensitive too.
Yes it is and it has moisture sensitive indicators inside that show the factory guys if indeed Crafty has been subjected to moisture or even too much humidity. So I hope the crafty dries out and works again but the warranty is over.

sanfranciscosadhu

When I dropped my IPhone in the bath tub a few months ago, I soaked it for 24 hours in dry rice and it totally worked. I wonder if that would work with the Crafty?!
Sounds to me that the dessicant might even be more effective then the rice. Let us know how it works out.

UnshavenFish

Hi everyone! I can't find my crafty charger, is it safe to use any USB charger?

Hi welcome :cheers:, any 5v supply should work fine, ideally aim for 2A so the crafty can make full use with a little wiggle room, something like an iPad brick would work without slowing the charge time down.

UnshavenFish,

ktmstick

What was the outcome of the drying buddy?

ktmstick,
Reactions: Betdwn
Top Bottom