Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

BeWise

My Crafty has about 115 hours through 6 months usage. I wou

115 hrs gives me much hope for many hours of use to look forward too. Lots of talk of cooling down before charging. Maybe not a proven fact, but for some it seems to be so. I have done both in the past, but never while "hot" - which the crafty would tend to reject the connection anyway when hot.

I believe there are no guarantees in this world. I think the Mighty has a reputation for being more long lived. Cheers

BeWise,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My Crafty has about 115 hours through 6 months usage. I would like to upgrade it to a brand new Mighty. The Crafty itself is not actually failing, however, battery life has taken a hit. It is simply not conducive to my usage anymore due to the amount of time it takes to heat up. I was the first guy on this forum with v2.10.

How can I guarantee, if possible, that S&B will honor that upgrade?
A. Ask for it. I think you'll be offered some nominal discount, maybe requiring exchange.
B. Wait for your Crafty to fail (a failure covered by the warranty) then ask for a switch to Mighty. Far better deal will probably be offered, like $60US.
btw, battery is not covered in US.

Vapinmofo

I received a new in the box crafty today. Firmware 2.11

Wow zero hours.

Even though my crafty is not a primary device. (Volcano is) the crafty is best for out of home use. Especially if sharing with one other person.
There is no doubt the crafty is an outstanding unit. Better than most portables.

Anyway I have some prime #1 real OG KUSH that has been waiting for this crafty to come home. Nothing but #1 grade AAA HERB will be fed to this crafty.
Best
Vapinmofo

ligi

ligi
Anyone has a good idea on how to mark capsules? I have some normal ones for a whole filling and some that are halved with a contraption of fragments from the liquid-pad and a sceen. Would love to see or feel on a first glance which is which. But I am afraid to paint them as I fear unhealthy fumes when vaping and sanding them to give a haptic feedback did not well.
Anyone here had the same problem and perhaps a solution?

ligi,

Michel

Anyone has a good idea on how to mark capsules? I have some normal ones for a whole filling and some that are halved with a contraption of fragments from the liquid-pad and a sceen. Would love to see or feel on a first glance which is which. But I am afraid to paint them as I fear unhealthy fumes when vaping and sanding them to give a haptic feedback did not well.

Perhaps you could drill an additional hole or use "stamp letters" to number them :

27485566fp.jpg

Chandler

ahhh. i've been waiting for my crafty to fail so i could send it back and request the upgrade to Mighty. Its just so weird and dissapointing because of course it fails when i least expect it!! 143 hrs. was absolutely fine day before yesterday.

this is what occured - i checked her out, battery was full. turned it on, i actually timed the heat up for the first time. At around 4 mins i looked at crafty and it just went from red to off. turn it back on, the battery is dead. connect via blueteeth. dead.... i plug it in to charge, after about 15 mins, the light is solid blue indicating a full charge... its done i believe but i gotta test her out this morning... hopefully its more than just a battery problem and they still send me back a new one... i feel sad and good at the same time.

My question. is there any body who upgraded to mighty and regrets it?

Chandler,

Kasish

ahhh. i've been waiting for my crafty to fail so i could send it back and request the upgrade to Mighty. Its just so weird and dissapointing because of course it fails when i least expect it!! 143 hrs. was absolutely fine day before yesterday.

this is what occured - i checked her out, battery was full. turned it on, i actually timed the heat up for the first time. At around 4 mins i looked at crafty and it just went from red to off. turn it back on, the battery is dead. connect via blueteeth. dead.... i plug it in to charge, after about 15 mins, the light is solid blue indicating a full charge... its done i believe but i gotta test her out this morning... hopefully its more than just a battery problem and they still send me back a new one... i feel sad and good at the same time.

I had the same problem and upgraded to the mighty, its much better than the crafty in any aspect even the vapor is much smoother.

BeWise

I decided "marking" capsules directly was too risky too. I took the 8 slot capsule holder, marked both the top and bottom at the desired line up point so I could do this over and over. Used reusable tape and marked the lid over the slot holding a capsule filled with the herb I marked on the reusable tape. This is working out pretty good and allows a switch out to something different easily, especially when preloaded capsules are marked on the lid above where they are stored in the capsule holder. 8 strains could be setting there waiting for near instant use.

blackstone

Anyone has a good idea on how to mark capsules?

Some good ones mentioned already, here's a few that entered my mind:

Dome the lid and/or base of the cap inwards.

Thread some vape safe wire (taken from a frayed screen, for example) between two holes on the lid and twist the ends together facing into the capsule, trim ends if required. (twisting too tight might pinch the alloy)

Place the point of a darning needle/compass/pick into a hole on lid and swing the instrument to the side by some degrees. Raising one side of the hole and lowering the other noticeably. You could designate either of four holes, from middle to edge, to four possible setups or filling materials.

In case anybody didn't see them, there are numbers on the magazine!

Or you could engrave, either by maybe Dremel, buying a mains or battery machine.
Or bring the items somewhere to have them engraved.
The sides have lots of space to write on, if you went to the right guy you could get those crazy designs like custom cars!!? I'd love that!

Well, not upgraded, but I was torn between the two and went for the Mighty first day.

There has been times when I thought the size of Crafty might suit me better,
and that this performance might seem even more impressive from a smaller unit.
But I wouldn't enjoy having to charge the unit twice as much as the Mighty, or the babying that earlier Crafty seemed to need, not using back to back or extended session.
Plus i'm surprised how much I don't stick to the same two temps if adjusting the way I use the bowl often.
It's easy to dial it in when the buttons and screen are on the unit.

I was also after having a situation with an unreliable vape where I couldn't head off for a night/weekend with only that vape. It got annoying owning a portable like that, I'd probably be a bit more sure of a Crafty than that crap vape, but then for how long.?
But I would be extremely sure if heading off somewhere with the Mighty, and maybe still feel that way in a number of years if the factory ever gave it a service.
I can just use it, I've even used the "plug it in hot with dead battery and continue use" feature!

Then I said, we can still save up and also buy Crafty if we're unsure! Or "Crafty 2"!!!
What a dream to choose between Crafty and Mighty for each situation!

b0

Cloudy...
Hi guys, I got an offer to trade for a Crafty and was guessing if you can transfer warranty with this vape. Any one knows?

Thanks!

Mr. Me2

Hi guys, I got an offer to trade for a Crafty and was guessing if you can transfer warranty with this vape. Any one knows?

Thanks!
You may want to check the S&B website. Plus, do you know the age of the Crafty? It may be near the end of its warranty anyway.

MinnBobber

Thanks!
From S & B :

Warranty and Limitations Company warrants solely to the original purchaser of the Products that for the warranty period (as defined below), the Products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use.....

:(

Seems like warranty for most vapes is just for orig purchaser

b0

Cloudy...
From S & B :

Warranty and Limitations Company warrants solely to the original purchaser of the Products that for the warranty period (as defined below), the Products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use.....

Thanks mate. Then sadly I will have to pass on this...

Thcgos

Vape Addict
From S & B :

@b0
I'm almost certain they will honor the warranty so long as you have proof of purchase.
(And it's within warranty).

I think they just say that to cover their backs.
But if you get warranty on any product (not just vapes) so long as you have a receipt and it's within warranty, it should be fine.

There is no requirement (for the crafty/mighty), for online registration and associating your device serial number to a specific name. (Unlike the Grasshopper).

How could they tell? They wouldn't have a database of owner's names tied to serial numbers.

I don't have any evidence but it just doesn't seem possible for them to enforce.

**Edit: Just occurred to me now; Perhaps if it had a previous warranty claim they would have a name associated. But i doubt they would go through that effort. But then you could always say you changed address and put it under the previous owners name.
I guess all im trying to say is they couldn't really enforce it and it would be an impossible effort for them to track and prove.

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
@b0
I'm almost certain they will honor the warranty so long as you have proof of purchase.
(And it's within warranty).

I think they just say that to cover their backs.
But if you get warranty on any product (not just vapes) so long as you have a receipt and it's within warranty, it should be fine.

There is no requirement for online registration and associating your device serial number to a specific name. (Unlike the Grasshopper).

How could they tell? They wouldn't have a database of owner's names tied to serial numbers.

I don't have any evidence but it just doesn't seem possible for them to enforce.

That makes total sense if that's how they work, as long as the original seller has the receipt I should be ok then.

Thcgos

Vape Addict
That makes total sense if that's how they work, as long as the original seller has the receipt I should be ok then.

Hi @b0 I think it should be fine... but please note: I haven't got any evidence and havent tried it myself. But it would be impossible to enforced.

Just make sure you get the original reciept and there is decent warranty period remaining, if you are a heavy user you will probably need it at some point.

MinnBobber

I had a nearly new, second hand vape where the receipt (online purchase) listed the orig owners name and warranty was not allowed----orig owner only. It was not a Crafty but concept is the same.

Sometimes there can be a "work-around" where you get the orig owner to send in a product but are you friends with this person or a stranger to you?

EDIT: I see are in UK. Does UK have any stronger consumer protection laws---check that out.
Example: in US, Crafty and Mighty batteries are NOT covered but the law in some countries mandates that the whole item (including batteries) is covered.
Any special UK warranty laws???

MinnBobber,
Reactions: b0

vapviking

Old & In the Way
We've had members post that they sent a Mighty in, purchased second hand on ebay and it smelled bad. He sent it to S&B and they replaced it. Not to say this happens all the time...and I think that was in Germany.
But I do tend to agree that, especially if you can inform S&B where and when it was originally purchased, they would stand behind the product.

Thcgos

Vape Addict
I had a nearly new, second hand vape where the receipt (online purchase) listed the orig owners name and warranty was not allowed----orig owner only. It was not a Crafty but concept is the same.

Sometimes there can be a "work-around" where you get the orig owner to send in a product but are you friends with this person or a stranger to you?

@b0
Check the original reciept and see if it lists the name.

I really can't see it being a problem.

It might have been a "gift from your friend", but he bought it, thus his name...
Or absolute worst case, you could do the claim under his name, but get it sent to your place? (People move all the time).
I know that in my country if that occurs you can just ask them to leave at the doorstep or authorize your "housemate" to sign (who might have the same name as you ;)).

Not possible for them to enforce...

blackstone

Or maybe absolute worst case, you would be the same as any Crafty owner after warranty expired, and just pay semi reasonable fees for battery/service/cleaning. And I assume if you became upset with repairs you might also be offered upgrade to Mighty at semi reasonable rates, they seem to offer good options from what I've seen here?

I might be missing something but that's a nice thing about a proper company like this (one that has the factory/repair dept. around five seconds stroll away from customer service!?)
Unlike a certain group of cowboys who simply advised me to "discontinue use" recently after a nightmare 1 year warranty product with countless faulty replacements.

Top Bottom