Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

VitaminM

Anyone got some experience with hashes in the crafty yet?

Concentrates work awesome with the oil pad but what about the cheap gunky brown chunks? How do you prevent gunking up the device, maybe putting coarse grinded hash between two oil pads?

@VaporsVaporizer didn't you mentioned that you've tested them in Adam?
What @VaporsVaporizer said. I either put it in the oil pad or sandwich between herb.
Make sure to use really small pieces. I vape it at max temp because I feel like I get the most vapor this way.

Volteric

Is it kosher to post links to ebay for Vapes you're selling? I'm thinking I love the crafty enough that I'm going to sell my Pax and Firefly and nab a Mighty too!

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
Oh boy oh boy I am ready to vape on the go!

All packed up nicely in bag made out of hemp. Power bank is EasyAcc 10000Mah (charges while charging itself). Thanks guys for recomendation!

TPyKX6n.jpg

yCXpVJV.jpg

CzEqTpc.jpg

Last edited:

Ricchini

I have written page long posts gushing over my prized digital Cano. I waited 5 years to finally buy it, once I finally had a legit job.

The ebay auction was spelled "Valcano" so there wasn't many views, basically a brand new digital Cano for 350. When I got it home, made myself a nice 10 foot balloon and over-medicated pool-side. This past summer, I purchased a Valexhale EVO for 350 also, and since that moment, the Volcano hasn't been used once, it's literally collecting dust (not literally):rolleyes:.

I have the solid valve, the easy valve, plus a case. At this point in my life, I'm kinda over hitting the Wispr or iOlite through the little emphysema straw and having to draw off it so meticulously, I just want to rip it effortlessly, whether that's a small sip, or a big fatass rip, I'm sick of restricted draw on portables.

I'm really considering swapping my digital cano for this Crafty. For my lifestyle, this thing seems perfect. I got a USB built into my car. Charging isn't an issue, phone isn't an issue. I'm wayyyyyy more likely to be medicating on the road than sitting down for an old balloon sesh.

It's kinda weird Storz and Bickel went with the iOlite's original heat-sink look, but it's purely functional, to tame and distribute the heat.

I must say, there is something about the Stainless Cano, it just reeks of industriousness. I will miss that.

Can you imagine if the Crafty had a brushed stainless exterior? That would look tits, but it would also make it way more conspicuous, which is certainly a factor with a portable.

Basically what I gather is: this thing is like variable temperature Wispr on steroids, minus the hissing butane, minus the emphysema straw. It's portable like the old iOlite/Wispr, but it uses battery instead, there's variable temperature, but it's integrated into a simple two-option system, which is nice to set it and forget it. Once it's dialed in, you can go to town whenever, and there's peace of mind like a Wispr, you flip it on and it will get up to temp, you'll know when it's ready.

Sometimes you just need point the ship in the general direction, 375 works every time for me. Analog dials are not specific enough, and there's an enormous amount of calibration; but some people enjoy finding those sweet spots; myself included. That being said, the fixed temp isn't a bad thing, it's convenient and they didn't lock you into one or two temps, you can vary the settings yourself.

The more I read about the Crafty the more ingenious this design seems. It's all based around performance, aesthetics take a back-seat, and that's fine.

If I could get fat clouds, non-restricted draw, not as harsh vapor as a Wispr I think I'd be ecstatic. If there's the ability to take large EVO like draws, I'll probably climax.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I have written page long posts gushing over my prized digital Cano. I waited 5 years to finally buy it, once I finally had a legit job.

The ebay auction was spelled "Valcano" so there wasn't many views, basically a brand new digital Cano for 350. When I got it home, made myself a nice 10 foot balloon and over-medicated pool-side. This past summer, I purchased a Valexhale EVO for 350 also, and since that moment, the Volcano hasn't been used once, it's literally collecting dust (not literally):rolleyes:.

I have the solid valve, the easy valve, plus a case. At this point in my life, I'm kinda over hitting the Wispr or iOlite through the little emphysema straw and having to draw off it so meticulously, I just want to rip it effortlessly, whether that's a small sip, or a big fatass rip, I'm sick of restricted draw on portables.

I'm really considering swapping my digital cano for this Crafty. For my lifestyle, this thing seems perfect. I got a USB built into my car. Charging isn't an issue, phone isn't an issue. I'm wayyyyyy more likely to be medicating on the road than sitting down for an old balloon sesh.

It's kinda weird Storz and Bickel went with the iOlite's original heat-sink look, but it's purely functional, to tame and distribute the heat.

I must say, there is something about the Stainless Cano, it just reeks of industriousness. I will miss that.

Can you imagine if the Crafty had a brushed stainless exterior? That would look tits, but it would also make it way more conspicuous, which is certainly a factor with a portable.

Basically what I gather is: this thing is like variable temperature Wispr on steroids, minus the hissing butane, minus the emphysema straw. It's portable like the old iOlite/Wispr, but it uses battery instead, there's variable temperature, but it's integrated into a simple two-option system, which is nice to set it and forget it. Once it's dialed in, you can go to town whenever, and there's peace of mind like a Wispr, you flip it on and it will get up to temp, you'll know when it's ready.

Sometimes you just need point the ship in the general direction, 375 works every time for me. Analog dials are not specific enough, and there's an enormous amount of calibration; but some people enjoy finding those sweet spots; myself included. That being said, the fixed temp isn't a bad thing, it's convenient and they didn't lock you into one or two temps, you can vary the settings yourself.

The more I read about the Crafty the more ingenious this design seems. It's all based around performance, aesthetics take a back-seat, and that's fine.

If I could get fat clouds, non-restricted draw, not as harsh vapor as a Wispr I think I'd be ecstatic. If there's the ability to take large EVO like draws, I'll probably climax.

You need the Crafty/Mighty.

I opted for the Crafty, but you might also consider the Mighty depending on your needs/wants. If concealment in public/stashing in pockets easily wasn't an issue, I would have picked up the Mighty for double the battery life. Performance is the same, the difference basically comes down to size and battery life.

Really, my only complaint with the Crafty is the battery. I get 3, maybe 4 bowls per charge, but I do pack a pretty fat bowl. Hoping in a year or two, when battery technology has progressed, we have the option to upgrade to a higher capacity battery.

It gives you the ability to take small hits, or absolutely massive rips. There is NO learning curve. I can hand it to a buddy and just say, "hit it", and they will get wonderful lungfuls of vapor. There is little to no draw restriction. My EVO going through my recycler has more draw resistance.

I was in a situation similar to yours. I have an EVO at home and LOVE it. But I'm on the road for work nearly half the time, so I needed something I could take with me. The Crafty fits this role perfectly. I get hits that don't make me wish my EVO was sitting next to me.

If I had to rate the cloud production and flavor of the EVO I'd give them a 9.5. And I'd probably give the Crafty an 8.5-9 for cloud production and an 8 for flavor. I can't take quite as big of hits on the Crafty, but I believe that's likely due to the water cooling going on with the EVO. Still need to hook my Crafty up to my recycler. The flavor is quite nice with the Crafty, but the EVO definitely has it edged out.

Will the Crafty ever replace my EVO? Absolutely not. But no way will I ever sell my Crafty. If it broke/got stolen, I'd buy another nearly immediately. It's basically my EVO for the road! It's an essential part of my travel gear!

Until VXL comes out with their portable, don't think I'll be tempted to buy anything else!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I don't know if we'll see any better capacity batteries in the near future. One would hope, but if this is a high drain battery like I suspect it is, 3000mah is going to be nearly max capacity for the cell. There are some 4000mah batteries but I don't think they have the current needed to heat up the crafty. I know of some 3000mah cells with 10amp rating, the lower mah batteries like the 2100's can be found in 30-35A which would be a safer option. With higher amperage comes lower capacity.

EDIT - OH, and I should throw this out there for anyone thinking of swapping batteries for whatever reason. Please get a cell that's rated equal or higher than what comes stock. Don't skimp with something cheap. Pushing a cell beyond it's current limit could cause some serious problems. These batteries can vent if they are pushed beyond their limits.

The folks over at the flashlight forums have a lot of knowledge on the lithium batteries. It's where I do my research for replacement ecig batteries.

Last edited:

horst

horsed
Yes i did. I either put some hash in-between layers of weed or in-between a halved oil pad. Worked really well :tup:

What @VaporsVaporizer said. I either put it in the oil pad or sandwich between herb.
Make sure to use really small pieces. I vape it at max temp because I feel like I get the most vapor this way.

Great to hear, that was the killer argument for me.

Already looking forward to enjoy some hash again. just rollin a thin snail and putting it between a halved oil pad sounds easy enough. the herb option would knock me off my feet I guess, I got a very low tolerance. :tup:

Odor stealth is a huge concern for me. I haven't used or tried any of the vapes you have experience with.

I will say that at first I was shocked by how much odor leak there was (I posted the evidence on this thread)

Overtime, I've adopted a technique where I essentially manage the arc of odor with temperature and draw. In other words I power down the unit right when it hits the targeted temp and then I suck it dry. (That sounded weird) Usually about 2-3 very long draws and right into a zippered pouch it goes. In short it is as manageable as the Pax which I consider stealthy enough.

I would recommend not charging with herb in the chamber. That definately violates my odor code.

Hope that helps you blow $400+! As they say: Happiness loves company!

That sounds very similar to my recreational vape usage. A trench out of the MFLB (0.15 to 0.2g) lasts me a few days and it seems like the bowl of the Crafty is close to that size. Do you stretch a bowl for a few days? Does it ruin the taste a lot or is it nearly unnoticable? Do you still use this tech or refined it? How many on/off cycles do you get out of a full bowl?

horst,

Mr Mellish

Crafty on the charger. Hoping to get a chance to try it tonight. I gotta say, the app is pretty slick. Turning those LED's down was my first move. You could do surgery with those LED's as your primary light source.

ETA
It's a little bigger than I had hoped BUT...I would have no concerns about jamming it into my pocket. Never felt confident doing that with the Pinnacle Pro! So, big win there.

Took about 20 minutes to charge to full.

Last edited:

quattrocrazy

I'm got a 15,000mah portable battery to keep me smokin this thing goes out fast :/.

I have been putting a small amount of herb and a lot of kief in and the taste is amazing not to mention my eyes almost roll back. Never felt that way from herb ever.

I will have to have you need multiple cooling units for oil or herb and multiple filling units if you want different kinds. I haven been making blends with high 28% thc herb mixed with like 13% cbd weed and the effects are unreal.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Charged mine last night off of my 15000mah ravpower power pack in my sock drawer. Used 1 bulb of power pack juice. I think I can get 5-6 charges on it!

horst, about breaking a session with smaller amounts. I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but small amounts of herb are going to get vaporized rather quickly in the form of dense vapor since that's how this device works. I get just as big of hits from a 0.1gr load as I do from 0.3gr.

The best bet for small amounts is to use the oil pad on top of your herb. We're using it under 1/10 of a gram with great results.

psychonaut,

Volteric

Great to hear, that was the killer argument for me.

Already looking forward to enjoy some hash again. just rollin a thin snail and putting it between a halved oil pad sounds easy enough. the herb option would knock me off my feet I guess, I got a very low tolerance. :tup:

That sounds very similar to my recreational vape usage. A trench out of the MFLB (0.15 to 0.2g) lasts me a few days and it seems like the bowl of the Crafty is close to that size. Do you stretch a bowl for a few days? Does it ruin the taste a lot or is it nearly unnoticable? Do you still use this tech or refined it? How many on/off cycles do you get out of a full bowl?

Well, I don't stretch a bowl for a day but rather stretch it over a few hours. You could stretch indefinitely. The first 3-4 draws are unbelievable and every after is just cool and tolerable no matter if you toke the bowl in 15 minutes or over a few days. I still use the technique I described above regarding odor control. I'll pay closer attention to those on/off cycles because I'm guessing it drains the battery bigtime. I think I maybe get 2 bowls max because my on/off 2-3 draw sessions in 10-15 minute intervals approach.

natural farmer

The Crafty can certainly be used as a one-hitter despite what many say about it being a session-only vape!
I just half filled the bowl with some chunks, put it in boost mode at 210C and when it got green I switched it off, took a long strong draw that lowered the temp at 150C and that was it! Not much drop in the battery this way though... I need to test more.
I took the hit, wrote this post and I am completely blitzed right now! Night night all! :ko:

Love the Crafty! Best vape of 2015 probably! It excels everywhere! :nod:

Mr Mellish

Just fired it up for the first time. It might actually smell more than the PnP when heating up but it gets to temp faster. Took 3 hits, then powered it down and got 2 more. After those 5 draws, there was no odor.

I'm stunned at how huge, smooth and cool the clouds were. The Vapman was the winner on smooth hits until now. I'd be coughing if I got clouds that size on the Vapman. I'd be coughing up a lung if I got clouds that size on the PnP.

Taste? Not sure yet. Must be my palate (or this M-Dawg) but I was hoping for tastier.

Effect? Not sure yet. Need more time to practice but it seems light.

The thing is a breeze to use. And those cool clouds! The jury is still out for me but it's an impressive debut.

freshly baked

I started out having trouble getting many hits and big clouds. Probably because I've recently switched to vaping from a long time smoking. After a couple of weeks my method has evolved and now I'm getting great results! I basically always let it warm fully, take a slow draw until the red light appears, and stop my draw as soon as I see the red light. After the green light appears I exhale and repeat. I use stock temps and get 3 or 4…sessions 10 to 15 minutes each per charge. I was pulling it like a bong and the red light stayed on throughout my entire toke basically which resulted in fewer hits and less bowls per charge. May be this can help some of the x smokers out there.
Side question... Is it better to charge when completely dead or after each bowl when only slightly depleted?

DMPesso

Whats up FC! First post ever! Been lurking on here for a while but the lack of strong portable vapes made me steer away from flower vapes until the crafty, that made me join. Even though I'm pretty sure you guys are going to say yes, is this really the hardest hitting best tasting "portable" vape out there to justify this price? I've been researching it high and low for a few days and it seems to be the best! All I seek is huge clouds with a good clean taste and portability. I have the solo and I never use it because it's not really portable IMO and its annoying as hell to pack how it's 2 seperate pieces and equally annoying to smoke with the draw resistance, even though I got some pretty good clouds that tasted great with it. My girl has the pax and I never get big clouds unless I pack it really tight but then it tasted horrible!! Is the crafty gonna solve all these problems? ;-)

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Whats up FC! First post ever! Been lurking on here for a while but the lack of strong portable vapes made me steer away from flower vapes until the crafty, that made me join. Even though I'm pretty sure you guys are going to say yes, is this really the hardest hitting best tasting "portable" vape out there to justify this price? I've been researching it high and low for a few days and it seems to be the best! All I seek is huge clouds with a good clean taste and portability. I have the solo and I never use it because it's not really portable IMO and its annoying as hell to pack how it's 2 seperate pieces and equally annoying to smoke with the draw resistance, even though I got some pretty good clouds that tasted great with it. My girl has the pax and I never get big clouds unless I pack it really tight but then it tasted horrible!! Is the crafty gonna solve all these problems? ;-)
Fo sho

Mr Mellish

Round two was 5 hits at temp and then 5 at boost. Never had the slightest need to cough. Amazing.

What impresses me is the many dimensions of feedback with this thing. Feel the vibration as it hits temp. Watch the changing lights reflect the chamber temp. Watch your vapor to judge whether it's time to change temp or quit (this should rightly be the same for all vapes but it seems particularly evident with Crafty).

Taste and effect? Still evaluating.

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: Roth

Volteric

Just fired it up for the first time. It might actually smell more than the PnP when heating up but it gets to temp faster. Took 3 hits, then powered it down and got 2 more. After those 5 draws, there was no odor.

I'm stunned at how huge, smooth and cool the clouds were. The Vapman was the winner on smooth hits until now. I'd be coughing if I got clouds that size on the Vapman. I'd be coughing up a lung if I got clouds that size on the PnP.

Taste? Not sure yet. Must be my palate (or this M-Dawg) but I was hoping for tastier.

Effect? Not sure yet. Need more time to practice but it seems light.

The thing is a breeze to use. And those cool clouds! The jury is still out for me but it's an impressive debut.

Hells yeah!

Some very positive reviews of the crafty, very close to pulling the trigger and getting me one, but no removable battery is killing it for me, do you think Storz are going to fix the problem?

problemchild,

natural farmer

Since the firefly, removable battery for a quality portable were a must for me, the way the crafty vapes herbs looks impressive
I had a Firefly and I don't think I miss the replaceable batteries at all…

Crafty is so much better at everything that I don't give a damn about the battery. It's not a party vape and won't do many back to back sessions but then who would buy the mighty and its two batteries? :p I had three bowls with a couple of friends earlier and the battery was over before my friend had the time for a forth! It had already destroyed us long before that happened of course… :D

I think I am getting the S&B power bank after all. 3 times the battery life I have now doesn't sound half bad! :p Or should I go with a higher capacity one? Anker or Easyaccu or something else? I like the Anker's charge status LEDs on their 2nd GEN Astros… :\

Top Bottom