Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Pimpslapper

The crafty hits( almost or just) as hard as the mighty imo but battery, even with the extra 20% is too short and Heat up times suck ass!
A replaceable battery and <30 second heat up time and it is unbeatable.
The capsules are a dream while out!
I love it deeply but it mostly it is shelved due to heating up times.
Usually grab the M or ff2 these days unless out with friends where the crafty shines.

Pimpslapper,
Reactions: JCat

caliganja420

Decided to get a Mighty because Craftys battery is terrible, cant even smoke 3 bowls out of it before its dead! The app drains your phone battery twice as fast
The mighty i can get 6-7 bowls out of a charge easily

caliganja420,

julien31

Hello everybody
Thanks for the very interresting video, I hope S&B solved this issue on the new Crafty
For my battery issue desbribed bellow I sent the crafty Monday and normally I have to received a new device next Monday because non repairable device.
It was a real problem
Have a good day

julien31

Original post :
Yes I'm sure you're right, but as I'm a new owner, I like this forum because I'm waiting for the end of the warranty to customize mine, the replaceable battery, and if I have to fix it. With all the information shared here and youtube I hope it's not too hard to do it yourself or by a friend and with the guarantee quality of 2 years made by S & B I hope that I will enjoy it for long time
Have a good night

I tried to sent a message to S&B to keep my old device too when I saw the sent of my new device on UPS like you can imagine they said my old device has been disposed, I don't thing so but if it's the case it could be very interesting to look in their trash :sherlock: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
julien31,
Reactions: JCat

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Crafty shining bright amidst the smoke.

25VqdmH.jpg

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
The crafty hits( almost or just) as hard as the mighty imo but battery, even with the extra 20% is too short and Heat up times suck ass!
A replaceable battery and <30 second heat up time and it is unbeatable.
The capsules are a dream while out!
I love it deeply but it mostly it is shelved due to heating up times.
Usually grab the M or ff2 these days unless out with friends where the crafty shines.

I've had the ff2 for 18 months. The draw is so hard, the stirring so constant, the hits so erratic that it just sits on a shelf. In fact as I woke this morning I was thinking of throwing the FF2 and all the extras I've got for it into the trash tomorrow. Love my Crafty. Yah, gotta wait a bit--but every hit is tending towards the max. And the dozing caps just make it the most convenient of any of my now 11 other vapes. And I've got at least three ways to hook it to a water tool. Takes all kinds I guess.

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: blackstone

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
If your gunna trash your ff2, I'll take it lol. Ill Make some repair/upgrade videos on it like the ones I made/making for the crafty.
There's someone on the FF2 thread who's posted disassembly videos and come up with an apparent solution: Disassemble the thing and poke a very thin needle through each hole and/or hit the needle with a hammer to enlarge each hole. Another dude has actually made his own bottom screen with slightly larger holes. I sent mine to FF and paid $30 for screen cleaning...unfortunately it came back still with too tough to draw air flow. I've now disassembled it but my eyes are too old and my once crafty hands have become far far too shaky to poke a needle through each tiny hole. As noted above: Even with the longish wait, the Crafty is so much more reliable and satisfying than the FF2.

Polarbearboy,

styli_man

There's someone on the FF2 thread who's posted disassembly videos and come up with an apparent solution: Disassemble the thing and poke a very thin needle through each hole and/or hit the needle with a hammer to enlarge each hole. Another dude has actually made his own bottom screen with slightly larger holes. I sent mine to FF and paid $30 for screen cleaning...unfortunately it came back still with too tough to draw air flow. I've now disassembled it but my eyes are too old and my once crafty hands have become far far too shaky to poke a needle through each tiny hole. As noted above: Even with the longish wait, the Crafty is so much more reliable and satisfying than the FF2.

If you have a damaged Crafty, i would be ok to buy it back to you, depends on the default.
I am looking to make a battery changeable Crafty!
The battery size/durability/ repleacability is the biggest default for the crafty.
I've already change my battery on mine (more than 2 years

styli_man,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If your gunna trash your ff2, I'll take it lol. Ill Make some repair/upgrade videos on it like the ones I made/making for the crafty.

If you have a damaged Crafty, i would be ok to buy it back to you, depends on the default.
I am looking to make a battery changeable Crafty!
The battery size/durability/ repleacability is the biggest default for the crafty.
I've already change my battery on mine (more than 2 years

It's against our rules to discuss selling or trading outside of the Classified threads. Please limit any future discussion along these lines to PMs. Thanks for your cooperation.

pakalolo,

Kurtdigglur

Long draws
Really not sure what vape to get. I've been using a sticky brick and a vapcap for the last month and a half. I want an electronic device. Crafty, mighty or IQ? I'm only asking here because all the reviews I can find on crafty are of old units with the weaker batteries. If the battery is good enough for a solo heavy user I'll go crafty.

Kurtdigglur,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Really not sure what vape to get. I've been using a sticky brick and a vapcap for the last month and a half. I want an electronic device. Crafty, mighty or IQ? I'm only asking here because all the reviews I can find on crafty are of old units with the weaker batteries. If the battery is good enough for a solo heavy user I'll go crafty.
It might help if you define "heavy" user, how many sessions are you typically having in a day? If you're thinking that you're going to have more than two or three sessions with your electronic vape then you may want to go for a Mighty.

I used to get about 6 bowls from my Mighty before it would need charging. Now it's closer to 4 or 5 that I've been using it for a few years (very infrequently). With the new batteries you could likely add another bowl to those counts.

Winegums,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It's not just battery charge that separates Mighty from Crafty. For example, because Mighty has two batteries, they don't have to work as hard as the single battery in Crafty. I think they will have a longer life overall, i.e., more than double.
Mighty is also now shipping with the 'new/improved' batteries.
The unit (including batts) does not get as hot during use, meaning it is not stressed as much. My Crafty used to overheat and shut down regularly. When it cooled off it could be used again. Mighty has only done that once in 3 years' use.
Crafty charges via usb at a slower rate than Mighty, so, when depleted, Mighty will charge to full faster than Crafty. Mighty can also be used during charging (plugged in) and Crafty can not; at times you just have to wait for it.
I also prefer Mighty's on-board controls to needing a separate device and app.
I think that if you plan to go to higher temp range, or use a water tool, or both, you should not hesitate to choose Mighty over Crafty.
As I've mentioned many times, I went through 4 Crafty's before upgrading to Mighty and I realize now that this is the unit I should have started with.

karec

Go for the Mighty Mate, although is not really that portable due to size, for me its the best non cord vape around, never tried the MV1 so cannot compare, dont get me wrong the crafty is good if you only use outside and have a desktop unit at home, like other users comment if u vape more than 2 sessions a day the crafty will not last in the long run...i have experience that...also there is some engineering problems with the original units...if i had the sticky brick and a vapcap.... vapcap portable, sticky brick not that portable...i would go for a desktop unit, but with the mighty u can use it like a desktop and portable.... but the price is not that great with the new releases happening....go for a Plenty mate (best price quality vape around!) and use the vapcap when u go out or the brick...

I also have the IQ and VS the crafty they are comparable...in performance, 10 years and replaceable bat on the IQ are top features for a portable unit. maybe the crafty delivers more power but IQ the taste is slightly better for me.

BTW before going crafty, read this forum...
Cheers

Kurtdigglur

Long draws
Go for the Mighty Mate, although is not really that portable due to size, for me its the best non cord vape around, never tried the MV1 so cannot compare, dont get me wrong the crafty is good if you only use outside and have a desktop unit at home, like other users comment if u vape more than 2 sessions a day the crafty will not last in the long run...i have experience that...also there is some engineering problems with the original units...if i had the sticky brick and a vapcap.... vapcap portable, sticky brick not that portable...i would go for a desktop unit, but with the mighty u can use it like a desktop and portable.... but the price is not that great with the new releases happening....go for a Plenty mate (best price quality vape around!) and use the vapcap when u go out or the brick...

I also have the IQ and VS the crafty they are comparable...in performance, 10 years and replaceable bat on the IQ are top features for a portable unit. maybe the crafty delivers more power but IQ the taste is slightly better for me.

BTW before going crafty, read this forum...
Cheers
Thanks for all the advice guys. Looks like I have a Mighty decision to make with Plenty of options. I'm thinking of the might even if the price is a tad more.

ktmstick

Thanks for all the advice guys. Looks like I have a Mighty decision to make with Plenty of options. I'm thinking of the might even if the price is a tad more.
I went with plenty 1st then mighty and wish I'd never bothered with plenty, comes out occasionally but mighty is used everyday.

jareds

Good evening,
I just received a replacement Crafty from S&B and wanted to know if all of the units they ship are with the new battery that gets 20% more? The packaging has changed, the box is different and there isn’t a sticker saying there’s a better battery inside. Any insight would be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

jareds,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Good evening,
I just received a replacement Crafty from S&B and wanted to know if all of the units they ship are with the new battery that gets 20% more? The packaging has changed, the box is different and there isn’t a sticker saying there’s a better battery inside. Any insight would be appreciated.
thanks in advance.
If it's the white-blue packaging you're going to be good. They don't put stickers on anymore.

Top Bottom