Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Awesome picture vapinmofo, thanks for showing us what's inside the beast!

Thanks biohacker for this little test! I thought it would be more significant too...

Last edited:
TheVaporist,
Reactions: biohacker

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
EDIT: empty bowl, spotless CU attached, 180c --> 40c = 15m:30s. I stopped timing at 40c because it was taking too damn long.

Back shortly with the removed CU test!

EDIT (again): Without a CU, 180c--->40c = 15m:05s. Pretty close, but not what I expected!

What were you expecting? For it to cool down much faster? I honestly was expecting it to cool down faster then 25 second difference.

Thanks for doing this, pretty cool results!

HellsWindStaff,

biohacker

Yeah I thought it wouldn't even be close! I suppose that temp sensor is down deeper? Shit, even after the experiment was complete I threw it on the charger at 40c (maybe was a bit less by then), and after an hour charging (with CU on), it was still close to 30c (temp in home is 20c).

I think that IR camera will obviously give a better idea as to what is hot and where!

Vapinmofo

True, but that's with pulling through it. I'm not sure how it would take longer to cool, but even without a fancy camera, it could be timed? Maybe i'll try that today. Heat up to say 180c? Turn off and monitor the app until it gets to room temp (20c?)...... then do the same without the CU?

Fuck it, it's testing time! I don't even have to imbibe for this test!

EDIT: empty bowl, spotless CU attached, 180c --> 40c = 15m:30s. I stopped timing at 40c because it was taking too damn long.

EDIT (again): Without a CU, 180c--->40c = 15m:05s. Pretty close, but not what I expected!

Interesting!!

Ambient temps, movement of air, is there air being pulled through the crafty or not? cool air entering will speed the cooling of a powered down unit. stuff like that make a big difference. The crafty cools faster if held in the hand of its owner. Much faster than if left hot and static. Anything in contact with the crafty (including AIR) will help the crafty cool. Do your experiment in a vacuum, you see a very different result.

If sombody made an ALUMINUM version of the CU that would certainly speed things up a bit

biohacker

Ya, I completely forgot about the fact that it cools faster if held in the hand! There was no air movement in my tests, and ambient temp in my home is 20c. I didn't touch the unit, just observed.

BTW, my Crafty is new..... does anyone else have crazy creaking sound around the power button. Just wondering if it's the case because it's so new. Neither of my Mighty's creak like this! I guess it's just power button anxiety since i've read that it's a weak point.

biohacker,
Reactions: Thcgos

Mr. Me2

Ya, I completely forgot about the fact that it cools faster if held in the hand! There was no air movement in my tests, and ambient temp in my home is 20c. I didn't touch the unit, just observed.

BTW, my Crafty is new..... does anyone else have crazy creaking sound around the power button. Just wondering if it's the case because it's so new. Neither of my Mighty's creak like this! I guess it's just power button anxiety since i've read that it's a weak point.
No creaking on mine. That's just my knees...

no creaking sound on mine and ive had it for almost 2 days its version 2.08

startedflowermatingnimere,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
True, but that's with pulling through it. I'm not sure how it would take longer to cool, but even without a fancy camera, it could be timed? Maybe i'll try that today. Heat up to say 180c? Turn off and monitor the app until it gets to room temp (20c?)...... then do the same without the CU?

Fuck it, it's testing time! I don't even have to imbibe for this test!

You should run the same test with a room temperature CU (i.e. don't attach it for the heatup). Of course I could test it myself, but I don't wanna get up off of my lazy ass. :smug:

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: grokit

biohacker

no creaking sound on mine and ive had it for almost 2 days its version 2.08

I think I was pressing the button to hard, if I press it like a normal human it's fine, if I put a bit of weight into the push it's very plasticky creaky. No big deal really, i'm just anal..... i'm sure nobody else but me is also bothered by the loose stir as well! Makes sense, considering the orifice (charging port) it's inserted into (giggity!) compared to its bigger sibling.

You should run the same test with a room temperature CU (i.e. don't attach it for the heatup). Of course I could test it myself, but I don't wanna get up off of my lazy ass.

I'm not sure what you're saying here Stu? Do you mean testing warmup time with and without the CU? If so, I think i've done this too and it was also nearly identical times.

Please get a second for a detailed pic. Would be great :bowdown:

Will do, although i'm not sure how it will look any different from the pics that have already been posted. But I promise I will today!

Kaptan

I didn't really notice the creaking before, but yeah mine has this as well and it's a FW 2.08.

biohacker

Gotta love plastic! Ah well, who cares anyway, it's the performance and vapour quality that matter the most! Thanks for letting me bro!

biohacker,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm not sure what you're saying here Stu? Do you mean testing warmup time with and without the CU? If so, I think i've done this too and it was also nearly identical times.
I was referring to testing/comparing the cool down time from a heated unit, just like you did in your test but without the CU attached during the warm up. So you'd remove the CU, turn unit on, let it reach set temp, turn off and measure how long it takes to get to X degrees. Repeat test but this time putting the room temp CU on the Crafty immediately after powering down the unit. At the end of the day it's not a particularly useful test, but I'm curious about such things and like to collect useless information.

:peace:

Frandemarco

All I can say is the crafty retired the following vapes for me:
Solo, indica, flowermate V5s, hebe titan2.

The only one I even touch these days is the solo for nostalgia or in a party scenario.

You got it for an absolute steal!
You should be stoked.
Happy vaping! :)

I've too have noticed the steal pad imparts a very slight taste... Nothing aweful but a very very faint taste... I still use it because sometimes I feel like a full load and sometimes not.. So I hate swapping out screens on the go... And I don't like scratching my chamber walls with a half cut screen (aka pac man).

I keep my steal pad in my filling aid for on the go use.

Dont get rid of all of your vapes youll need them just in case especially with crafties defective return history

Last edited:
Frandemarco,

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Dont get rid of all of your vapes youll need them just in case especially with crafties defective return history

Nar, not getting rid of them, even when I had my solo I still had a backup in the event that it failed (and that's a very reliable vape).

Although, I should probably get rid of a few... So I can fund my grasshopper ;)

biohacker

@UniqueCrafty I'm not sure how much this helps, but I did promise you so here are a quick 3 pics! I probably should have taken a better pic of the dome complete, but there's a great pic only a few pages back i think.
ChaAF44.jpg

dqYBYPE.jpg

ChaAF44.jpg

biohacker

Woah, that's amazing! OG battery? How long is the heat up time to 180c? How is its performance and ability to hold temp?

biohacker,
Reactions: Thcgos

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Woah, that's amazing! OG battery? How long is the heat up time to 180c? How is its performance and ability to hold temp?
Heat up time from room to 180 is 2:28min. Performance is like it's new. Holds temp perfect. It is my third unit. My second one lasted over 200 hours with original battery.

Top Bottom