Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Hey guys,
If my crafty cracked around the bowl, does the warranty cover this? I've seen that the newer versions of the crafty are now better reinforced up around the bowl and mine cracked last night.

Tezcatlipocà

I've just finished my first clean-up of the unit. It was completely obstructed lol.
I've put some cleaning alcohol in a small jar and put the CU inside. My alcohol is not very strong so I had to remove the remaining material with some Qtips.
Now it looks clean, although the surface is still slightly sticky. First session after that was intense !
Now I'm waiting for the alcohol to evaporate. It is my first time, so how can I use the remaining material I will gather?

Last edited:
Tezcatlipocà,

Dj Essence

hi guys, i'm in amsterdam this week and i want to buy a crafty from azarius shop and i have a few question before i purchase the beast:

-what chance do i have that the crafty in azarius store are the 2015 release with improved firmware and moulding? (vapefiend say this on his website)

-if the firmware version is obsolete, can i upgrade the crafty via app? or the firmware remain the same forever?

-with the crafty can i have this kind of session: a few puff at 170C, another few puff at boost time 185, then shut off the crafty and set via app 195 and 210 for a maximum extraction second session?

-what is the best method for hash? i don't want to do a sandwitch with herb because i want the full flavour of the hash with no herb taste contamination.
it is the only method for hash without doing a mess?! and at what temp do i have to vape? 210C?

i never bought concentrate in amsterdam, but with the crafty i wanna try this expensive delice, but i have no experience...what are the tyse of concentrate right for the crafty? iceolator? other type?
little pieces on top of the oil pad correct? and what temperature do i have to use? the max temp 210 C?

sorry for my poor english but i'm italian:p and thanks in advance guys!

The likelyness off your unit being new firmware will depend on how recently the store you are purchasing got there stock so you would be best contacting them before .

As for concentrates you won't find any in Amsterdam as they have been made illegal loads of Hash still hope that helps .

Dj Essence,
Reactions: Wolf46

Marky

The likelyness off your unit being new firmware will depend on how recently the store you are purchasing got there stock so you would be best contacting them before .

As for concentrates you won't find any in Amsterdam as they have been made illegal loads of Hash still hope that helps .

I ordered my crafty from SB 2 Fridays ago and I received the 2.07 firmware. I hear there's a 2.08 and I wonder how much better that one is...but even if you order directly from SB right now, your still not garaunteed the latest unit.

-Mark

Stinky

I ordered my crafty from SB 2 Fridays ago and I received the 2.07 firmware. I hear there's a 2.08 and I wonder how much better that one is...but even if you order directly from SB right now, your still not garaunteed the latest unit.

-Mark

That is interesting. They told me that the only way to get the newest unit is to buy directly from them.

Stinky,

Marky

That is interesting. They told me that the only way to get the newest unit is to buy directly from them.

Yea I know. It almost makes me want to email them and ask what's up....but if 2.08 isn't that big of a difference then I don't mind.

Edit: I just sent SB an email to see why I didn't get the latest version. I'm surprised you can't download the newest firmware onto your crafty yourself.

-Mark

Last edited:

olysh pops

-what is the best method for hash? i don't want to do a sandwitch with herb because i want the full flavour of the hash with no herb taste contamination.
it is the only method for hash without doing a mess?! and at what temp do i have to vape? 210C?

Hi Wolf46,

Here is my best method for hash

- put fine layer of cotton at the bottom of the bowl

PKZt8vq.jpg

- then add grinded hash

obHxhKb.jpg

- if you want to be sure that CU mesh stay clean add cotton layer above hash

I3997Hd.jpg

- use high temperature from 180C/356F to 210C/410F

- enjoy

If there is not enough vapor, it may comes from grinding : when bowl is still warm, open/break pieces of hash with a paper clip/needle to increase amount of vapor.

hundNr6.jpg

Advantage : there is no pad to clean with ISO
Inconvenient : can't stop to fill again ;)

PS : I use Organic Cotton / Scientific Inhalations

Last edited:

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Thanks, you are a life saver :)
Thanks a lot to everyone, i just bought the crafty one hour ago and in the shop before the purchase i try the mighty with some cookies kush and 2 friend...amazing !!!

Sasquatch_Jr

My warranty replacement got the lights of death last night. This is the second unit to crap out after only 5 months of use. While the customer service is excellent I just can't trust the unit. I'm done with the Crafty and would think twice about dropping the cash on other S&B products in the future or recommending them to anyone.

Can the remainder of my warranty be transferred if I sell my replacement Crafty? I'm thinking my best bet here is to cut my losses and sell the new in box replacement unit rather than deal with mailing it back in twice a year. Would be nice to be able to transfer the rest of the warranty to whoever buys it, cause they're certainly going to need it.

If anyone needs me I'll be in the Zion thread. No more flaky, overly complicated, black box vapes.

Just got the red and yellow(orange according to the manual) lights of death after two months or so of usage. It was right around 50 hours. Does anyone know if S&B will give a refund instead of sending a new unit? I want to get a daily that doesn't fail every few months. Seen quite a few people with multiple dead units.

joeblowssmoke,

Marky

Ok guys, just to clear things up a bit. SB contacted me about my unit being a firmware 2.07 and I was informed the unit I received is the newest version they have and a newer unit is not available. I'm not sure who said firmware 2.08 was available but according to SB, that's not true. Hope this helps.

-Mark

BioSector

Just got the red and yellow(orange according to the manual) lights of death after two months or so of usage. It was right around 50 hours. Does anyone know if S&B will give a refund instead of sending a new unit? I want to get a daily that doesn't fail every few months. Seen quite a few people with multiple dead units.

Depends on your countries laws I think but I wouldn't expect a refund. They have been known to allow an upgrade to the Mighty which many think is a much more reliable daily use device.

BioSector,
Reactions: Thcgos

Vapinmofo

Spirytus attracts alcohol tax in Australia where ISO doesn't. Spirytus costs $70 for 500ml as a result where 250ml ISO is $10.

We originally got the bottles here with the instructions on the back for making it up as a cleaning fluid. They were changed soon after.

Thats too bad. Here (at around $20 per 1000ml its a good deal for pure spirit) in the USA the tax works out to be $27.00 a Gallon. that is for pure alcohol. a 750ml at 80 proof is around $2.15 for the bottle. So taxes are not terrible. I understand the cost factor. I will say that ISO is cheap and easy to get. In general I prefer
Ethanol.

yea I say go for it.
VAPINMOFO

Vapinmofo,

Stinky

Thats too bad. Here (at around $20 per 1000ml its a good deal for pure spirit) in the USA the tax works out to be $27.00 a Gallon. that is for pure alcohol. a 750ml at 80 proof is around $2.15 for the bottle. So taxes are not terrible. I understand the cost factor. I will say that ISO is cheap and easy to get. In general I prefer
Ethanol.

yea I say go for it.
VAPINMOFO
That is cheap. I'd be using Spirytus as well if I could get it at that price. One shot gets the night started.

Stinky,
Reactions: Thcgos

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Got my crafty back.yesterday. Old model is no more, they sent me a brand new unit.

So far I like the updates, just curious how daily wear and tear will go.

Any first gen users had theirs replaced who can comment on wear and tear?

psychonaut,

Stinky

Got my crafty back.yesterday. Old model is no more, they sent me a brand new unit.

So far I like the updates, just curious how daily wear and tear will go.

Any first gen users had theirs replaced who can comment on wear and tear?
What firmware version is your unit running?

Stinky,

xaedyn

Hello all. I'm in the market for a portable and was about to pull the trigger on a Crafty.

The durability issues here are scaring me. This is a lot of money for me to drop, and I can't easily just buy another in a few months if it breaks.

We all know as far as vapor quality this thing can't be beat, but as you all are more experienced here, would you still buy another Crafty knowing what you do now, or would you push towards another unit such as the Air?

Thanks!

xaedyn,

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Hello all. I'm in the market for a portable and was about to pull the trigger on a Crafty.

The durability issues here are scaring me. This is a lot of money for me to drop, and I can't easily just buy another in a few months if it breaks.

We all know as far as vapor quality this thing can't be beat, but as you all are more experienced here, would you still buy another Crafty knowing what you do now, or would you push towards another unit such as the Air?

Thanks!

I would do it again any day.
I'm not a heavy user, 30 hours in ~9 months.
But i have had 0 issues with mine.
My friend is on 40+ and his is working flawlessly too.
I think if you are using it as a portable (not as a daily driver it will be fine), plus their customer service is second to none.
I have a number of portables. And they have all been retired. Nothing else really compares for extraction, effect and cool clouds. I still occasionally use my Solo which gets added to rotation when the crafty cant keep up with 5+ people.
But to be honest the solo doesn't really compare (same performance as the air). I never choose the solo over the crafty.

If you want something for a bit of heavy use, Mighty forum owners swear that the Mighty is a real workhorse and resolves a lot of heavy user's issues. I personally would rather portability and stealth, as I'm not a heavy user, (but i guess that's why they made both).

xaedyn

If you want something for a bit of heavy use, Mighty forum owners swear that the Mighty is a real workhorse and resolves a lot of heavy user's issues. I personally would rather portability and stealth, as I'm not a heavy user, (but i guess that's why they made both).

What about the Mighty is yielding potential higher durability? Is it just the electronics themselves? Maybe lack of Bluetooth connectivity?

I see a lot of talk about firmware versions and other updates to the Crafty. Is there a way to tell what version a Crafty is without opening the package?

xaedyn,

Marky

What about the Mighty is yielding potential higher durability? Is it just the electronics themselves? Maybe lack of Bluetooth connectivity?

I see a lot of talk about firmware versions and other updates to the Crafty. Is there a way to tell what version a Crafty is without opening the package?

You need to connect your crafty to your phones app to see the firmware.

-Mark

Marky,

Thcgos

Vape Addict

The mighty isn’t more physically durable than the Crafty (against drops). It’s essentially the same housing, just in different form factor (slightly larger).
I don’t know what it is in particular, maybe the dual batteries, maybe slightly different PCB layout, no idea...
People who drive the crafty extremely hard, as daily drivers (/only vape), tend to be the users reporting problems (just my own observation from reports on here).
Then again you have a few users hitting ~250+hours on their crafty and they are still going!

The mighty forum users, in some cases, are ex-crafty users who needed something to stand up to more hours of use and longer run-times. It appears to do the trick, but don’t take my word for it, spend some time on the mighty thread and perhaps speak to some Mighty users who converted from Crafty. @biohacker Might be able to comment? (I believe he made the transition from crafty to mighty).

Firmware version updates occur on the Mighty too. It isn’t exclusive to the Crafty.
The easiest way to tell without opening the box is the serial number on the box. If it is 22,XXX or higher it should be a newer Crafty. I don’t know what serial numbers they are up to on Mighty.
However this is not foolproof, it’s just a good indicator as to what would probably be in the box, as it seems to be a sequential numbering system (higher the newer).

Last edited:

Marky

I plan on getting the mighty as well because of the battery on the crafty and because of the posts in this thread about it not being suited for heavy users. I'm not exchanging my crafty tho. I will keep my crafty and get the mighty as well. I will use the mighty as my primary vape for home and when I'm out with friends, and the crafty will be my travel vape when I need stealth and portability (like at work). It's nice knowing if they go bad I can get them replaced through warranty which is why I don't mind getting both.

-Mark

Marky,
Reactions: grokit

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Guys my crafty doesn't perform very well and i'm in amsterdam right now so the material is top shelf...
Maybe the effect are lighter for the many joint/combustion that i smoke in this day, but a massive 6 ballon session on the vulcano with 2 friends kick our ass very good...
And the draw resistance is worste than i toughts after reading this topic...
I tempted to return the crafty to azarius (it's possible right? ) and buy an imag+ ceramic or an alfa goboof...
Oh and the cloud density/dimension and the flavour are the same or worst compared with my solo (flavour) and my ex inhalater xp (cloud)...

Wolf46,
Top Bottom