Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

droog77

Has anyone used an ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning the cooling unit and O-rings?

If so, how well did it work? Did it gunk up the insides of the cleaner?

I'm thinking of getting one for cleaning my eyeglasses, and was wondering if it would be effective for the Crafty CU.

turbovap

Cleaning question, how long can I safely keep the cu submerged in 99% iso alcohol? Or is it safer to use a qtip soaked in iso? I plan to change cu's very frequently (every 2-3 months) but I'd like to keep it clean until then since I'm a heavy user. It's been 2 days since I got it and it's already pretty sticky with residue and a little bit of tiny particles.

My firmware is 2.07 btw. Is that a good one?

-Mark

Mark,
I accidently left my cooling unit in in an ISO bath for 6 hours :0 all was well, even the o-rings were fine.

Just received a replacment Crafty 2 weeks ago, it is firmware 2.07... Not real impressed with there CS.
I had a very early unit #545.. It was DOA at 50 hrs. Called S&B, talked to a very nice operator about buying a wear and tear kit and swapping it out for a Mighty. Was told no problem it will be $30 plus the Kit.
She did say to put all this info in my letter i sent with it.
I didn't receive any reply at all, they sent back a new Crafty and no Wear and Tear kit.
When i called back they said they have never offered that option...
Oh well, nothing a bowl of Sour Diesel won't fix... :)

Renewed confidence in S&B !!! Made a quick phone call, all is good. Mighty good :)

Marky

I cleaned my cu with 99% iso and left it in there for 10 min. I ran hot water on it for a couple minutes after coming out the iso and I let it air dry overnight after paper drying it the best I could. I put it together today and used it and I immediately tasted something different with a weird aftertaste. I can only assume it's the iso because it was not like this at all since I got it.

I ended up ordering a crafty wear and tear set. I will change the cu once that comes in and I will look for a different way to clean it from now on. any suggestions would be great. I don't know why after only 10 minutes in iso I have this taste but that's what it is. Maybe because it's 99%? I have no idea. It's not enjoyable though I can tell you that. I dumped the bowl right away and threw it in my extreme q vape and whipped it with a big difference in taste.

I also kept getting tiny particles in my mouth and inside of the cu so I used the backup fine screen meant for the filling chamber on the cu. It increased drawing drag just the slightest bit (which is why I guess SB used a more coarse screen for the cu) which I like actually, and it now keeps my mouth and cu particle free. I notice a lot more particles on the cu screen after a session now which is a good sign :)

I'm loving my crafty. I plan on ordering the mighty within a week for home use and group sessions with friends. My crafty will be strictly my travel vape.

-Mark

Marky,

skyvaper

@Marky Did you take the holagram with the logo off? Ive found that moisture likes to hang out under there. Even after I thought all was well and dry.

skyvaper,
Reactions: grokit

JayDay

Newbs
@skyvaper how do you take the hologram off? Ive never done that. Always just 3 pieces when I clean. Mouthpiece, top and bottom of CU.

@Marky I always do a burn off on a newly cleaned CU. to vaporize other left particles then soak it in water again.

JayDay,

skyvaper

@JayDay just lift with some force on either side and it just pops right off. It snaps right back on once done. I was very surprised by how much moisture was in there the first time I opened it after I thought it was dry.

skyvaper,
Reactions: Thcgos

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@JayDay just lift with some force on either side and it just pops right off. It snaps right back on once done. I was very surprised by how much moisture was in there the first time I opened it after I thought it was dry.
What position does the hologram tab have to be in to be taken off?

@Marky have you cleaned other vapes in iso before?

WakeAndVape,

lapsda00

What position does the hologram tab have to be in to be taken off?

in unlocked position, but its quite hard to take off that part. I almost break the logo while trying to pick it up with small screwdriver. I think that SB warn that ISO can damage the hologram logo.

lapsda00,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
in unlocked position, but its quite hard to take off that part. I almost break the logo while trying to pick it up with small screwdriver. I think that SB warn that ISO can damage the hologram logo.
True...maybe ISO 'CAN' damage the logo...but will pulling it off potentially leave you with a broken CU?

WakeAndVape,

skyvaper

I find it as difficult as taking the mouthpiece off the cu. I dont use any tool either. Just my finger and I do not mean my nail. If you find taking the hologram logo off too difficult Id say a really good rinse is fine. That way its just water left over. But a decent amout of moisture is definitely under that logo and even iso takes a while to dry under there.

@WakeAndVape I have had no issuse breaking my cu on either my mighy or crafty taking the logo off and I have 3 mighty CU and 2 crafty. I have taken it off of all of them multiple times.

Sorry for the double post guys. Mods would you be so kind.

Last edited by a moderator:
skyvaper,

Marky

@Marky Did you take the holagram with the logo off? Ive found that moisture likes to hang out under there. Even after I thought all was well and dry.

No I did not, I read somewhere on this forum not to remove the hologram because it was difficult to put back, so I never bothered. It seems by what your saying it's simple, so I may give it a shot.

-Mark

@Marky have you cleaned other vapes in iso before?

Yes but never plastic. I clean my solo and air with iso but that's only their stems which are all glass. I also clean the glass parts to my extreme q in iso. But I won't be using iso anymore on my crafty or my mighty coming soon.

-Mark

Marky,

UnshavenFish

Just to touch on the whole cu cleaning thing, I use ISO (99.7 minimum) on mine and do it everyother week if it needs done or not, I leave it soaking for 30 mins then rinse under hot tap for about a minute then the cold tap for another minute, then wipe dry with a paper towel in all the little gaps, then straight on and vape away.

I do remove the hologram every time (as the hologram is a sticker it has to be stuck with something and ISO is great at removing this) and I have found it quite easy to do, and I don't use tools and I don't have nails (well not that are any use for anything). To remove it put it in the open position then you should notice there is about 1mm of play side to side, this is how it comes off, you push it to one side (don't matter which) whatever way you push it that's the side that will come off first so if you push it left lift the left side up then push it right (the other way) and the other side comes off, to refit just do the reverse, put one side on then push it to the other side (that's not attached) and press down till you hear the click, job done :tup:

BioSector

To remove it put it in the open position then you should notice there is about 1mm of play side to side, this is how it comes off, you push it to one side (don't matter which) whatever way you push it that's the side that will come off first so if you push it left lift the left side up then push it right (the other way) and the other side comes off, to refit just do the reverse, put one side on then push it to the other side (that's not attached) and press down till you hear the click, job done :tup:

THIS NEEDS MORE LOVE! It's the perfect way to remove it without breaking it. I have two broken ones from before I discovered the push to the side thing. The 1mm of play saves you a broken "rail".

Bunny

These were my last thoughts on the crafty.A few months ago. " I'm a long time lurker and owner of a few portables and a DBV so pretty well versed. I owned a Crafty up until last Thursday and it was probably my favourite Vape. As Yetanotherusername says above this Vape turns average flowers into a beautiful experience.The draw resistance is perfect,the temp control sublime and it just seems to strip trichs for fun. The best thing about it is the high is just so pure and thrilling.It really is a must,returning to my pax feels dull in comparison through still powerful, it's hard to put a finger on It just really gets the best out of your herb. The only problem seems to be a few bugs with this first S&B portable. Mine stopped working at 15 hrs use over just two weeks.It Just started blinking green in charge and then a red flash when trying to turn on.(I had tried pass through the night before ,but had vaped two more bowls) I was heart broken but at the price point with other issues such as cracking And other bricked units, I feel I'm going to have to wait for a revision !my local head shop gave me a refund. Looks like I'll have to make do with the Air while I wait!:lol:"

My Firefly just broke and the good people at Namaste Vapes said they would send me a New Crafty! As a replacement ,The Fly is almost a year old ! Now that's service! I really miss the vape signature if the Crafty. Can anyone fill me in on improvements? Anyway will be Glad to have the Craft back in my hands after 6 months.

JayDay

Newbs
image_zpsgxlq6mko.jpg

image_zpsguvjfngq.jpg

I'm not sure if all v 2.07 look like this.

Saw this at page 220. And I think latest firmwares at 2.08.

Why dont you check out the Mighty?

Maaan only two weeks? Im in like 3 months in and still on the honeymoon phase

Vapinmofo

So I have had my Crafty for a couple weeks now. First of all I have to say that the battery capacity seems to have improved within the first few uses. I have to say that I have been experimenting with temps above 370..
My issue is that as cool as the vapor is it still will make me cough once the sub 370 degree terpines have been evaporated and as the temp goes up so does the cough.
I still toss ABV NO save.
One thing I love is the color of the ABV the crafty thoroughly heath the herb material. It clear by color that the crafty does a great job of efficient herb use.
None of that is critical. What is critical is that the crafty works very well for me. When I am a passenger I plug it into the cigar plug (with a 2.5 amp output) and the crafty stays pretty well charged while in use. after a few hits the battery gets very quickly topped up. using a high power charging battery 10,000 mAh battery will give MANY sessions. certainly enough for a day of medicating.
One thing I forgot. Cleaning is important. I went to a place canned JONs market and bought this 192 PROOF PURE GRAIN alcohol. This is pure clean and BETTER than ISO. it costs $20.00 a bottle and its made in Poland. It called (SPIRYTUS REKTYFIKOWANY This is the kind of alcohol really is so great for cleaning (anything) and when it evaporates it leaves NOTHING behind not even moisture because AT 96% it is as close to 100% pure alcohol as you can get ANYWHERE. This is also good for making tincture but thats another forum.

I have tried enough vaporizers to know when I have found the right thing for me. I plan on NEVER SMOKING WEED EVER AGAIN.
Forever Vapor

I say Go for it!!
Vapinmofo

Last edited:

Krizzle

Hi Very high
THIS NEEDS MORE LOVE! It's the perfect way to remove it without breaking it. I have two broken ones from before I discovered the push to the side thing. The 1mm of play saves you a broken "rail".

I second this action for @UnshavenFish wisdom(still slides on and clicks into place)! Both the rails on both my hologram units have been broken! Wish I knew of this before ripping them off :\ I have always thrown the hologram piece into the ISO with the CU for around 20mins for cleaning and haven't noticed any deterioration, with any piece really. I do rotate my CU's around.

I still love my Crafty and just hit the 120hr mark. This little fella has been keeping me sane on a family holiday the last few days. Only set the smoke alarm off in the hotel once the entire time :ninja:

Bunny

These were my last thoughts on the crafty.A few months ago. " I'm a long time lurker and owner of a few portables and a DBV so pretty well versed. I owned a Crafty up until last Thursday and it was probably my favourite Vape. As Yetanotherusername says above this Vape turns average flowers into a beautiful experience.The draw resistance is perfect,the temp control sublime and it just seems to strip trichs for fun. The best thing about it is the high is just so pure and thrilling.It really is a must,returning to my pax feels dull in comparison through still powerful, it's hard to put a finger on It just really gets the best out of your herb. The only problem seems to be a few bugs with this first S&B portable. Mine stopped working at 15 hrs use over just two weeks.It Just started blinking green in charge and then a red flash when trying to turn on.(I had tried pass through the night before ,but had vaped two more bowls) I was heart broken but at the price point with other issues such as cracking And other bricked units, I feel I'm going to have to wait for a revision !my local head shop gave me a refund. Looks like I'll have to make do with the Air while I wait!:lol:"

My Firefly just broke and the good people at Namaste Vapes said they would send me a New Crafty! As a replacement ,The Fly is almost a year old ! Now that's service! I really miss the vape signature if the Crafty. Can anyone fill me in on improvements? Anyway will be Glad to have the Craft back in my hands after 6 months.

My original Crafty was the first firmware with battery problems and weak fin what fixes have been done now we are at revision 2.08 ?

Bunny,

Stinky

One thing I forgot. Cleaning is important. I went to a place canned JONs market and bought this 192 PROOF PURE GRAIN alcohol. This is pure clean and BETTER than ISO. it costs $20.00 a bottle and its made in Poland. It called (SPIRYTUS REKTYFIKOWANY This is the kind of alcohol really is so great for cleaning (anything) and when it evaporates it leaves NOTHING behind not even moisture because AT 96% it is as close to 100% pure alcohol as you can get ANYWHERE. This is also good for making tincture but thats another forum.

I have tried enough vaporizers to know when I have found the right thing for me. I plan on NEVER SMOKING WEED EVER AGAIN.
Forever Vapor

I say Go for it!!
Vapinmofo

Spirytus attracts alcohol tax in Australia where ISO doesn't. Spirytus costs $70 for 500ml as a result where 250ml ISO is $10.

We originally got the bottles here with the instructions on the back for making it up as a cleaning fluid. They were changed soon after.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Twice I've sent in different units for repair, and twice they've messed up the return address. Granted, they corrected it both times at the cost of delay in turnaround.

I even included a nice letter with black magic marker to show my return address since moved after purchase.

Looks like it's a c-juice weekend and my pile of flowers sits stankily awaiting the crafty return.

Disappointed in the repair process =(

Marky

Sorry if this has been covered but I just need quick assurance before I try it. Can you vape wax in the crafty using the liquid pad?

-Mark

BacktoCali

I just had my first ever experience with the crafty 30 minutes ago with the most expensive medical stuff. I called a buddy I met in 1985 when I visited the college where I ended up going and we just laughed and laughed. While the Crafty is not as good as the Volcano, I am so happy having a handheld extremely small healthy mobile phone controlled science fiction pipe filled with legal stuff that is better than what's in Amsterdam!

Marky

That is a yes to the concentrates on the pad.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was almost sure I was able to but wasn't positive. I knew the oil was fine but didn't know if the wax would work. I will get some tonight and try it out. I have the puffco pro vape pen for concentrates but I want to use the crafty if I can. Thanks again!

-Mark

Marky,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
hi guys, i'm in amsterdam this week and i want to buy a crafty from azarius shop and i have a few question before i purchase the beast:

-what chance do i have that the crafty in azarius store are the 2015 release with improved firmware and moulding? (vapefiend say this on his website)

-if the firmware version is obsolete, can i upgrade the crafty via app? or the firmware remain the same forever?

-with the crafty can i have this kind of session: a few puff at 170C, another few puff at boost time 185, then shut off the crafty and set via app 195 and 210 for a maximum extraction second session?

-what is the best method for hash? i don't want to do a sandwitch with herb because i want the full flavour of the hash with no herb taste contamination.
it is the only method for hash without doing a mess?! and at what temp do i have to vape? 210C?

i never bought concentrate in amsterdam, but with the crafty i wanna try this expensive delice, but i have no experience...what are the tyse of concentrate right for the crafty? iceolator? other type?
little pieces on top of the oil pad correct? and what temperature do i have to use? the max temp 210 C?

sorry for my poor english but i'm italian:p and thanks in advance guys!

Wolf46,
Top Bottom