Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

dimildarko

For camping and hikes I recommend a USB Powerbar, the ones above 10000mAh can charge the Crafty three times and up and you have backup power for your mobile, too. :rockon:

Is there any reason to buy the S&B made power bar versus something from Amazon? What do most people here use? I've heard good things about the brand Anker. Once I saw S&B sold one specifically for the Crafty though I started to wonder if there was something special about it.

dimildarko,
Reactions: biohacker

horst

horsed
Can't imagine that there is a difference and didn't like the look of the s&b powerbar. I use a Ravpower with 15000mAh from Amazon with two outlets and can charge the Crafty 4 times with it. Just make sure the usb output-power is over or at 2A to charge at the same speed as corded.

bangpowwww

You didn't damage anything, but inhaling the manufacturing residue isn't the best thing for your lungs. Just keep it empty and do some max temp burn off cycles. When cool, i'd personally do a quick soak and scrub in ISO. That should take care of that smell.

With respect to your whispy vapour..... up the temp to 190+ and that problem should quickly go away...perhaps higher. Could depend on your strains too, or maybe fill up the bowl more.
Kewl, dude.
Some empty cycles mean that I let the crafty just heat up and cool down and do that procedure 2-3?
Also can you recommend packing the bowl really packed or light with some space?
How much takes to you normally take from one bowl?
Do you use the liquid pad?

dimildarko

Can't imagine that there is a difference and didn't like the look of the s&b powerbar. I use a Ravpower with 15000mAh from Amazon with two outlets and can charge the Crafty 4 times with it. Just make sure the usb output-power is over or at 2A to charge at the same speed as corded.

Awesome thanks for all the info. I think I will go ahead and order one while I wait for the Crafty to arrive.

I have one more question since you seem knowledgeable on this topic. Is it true that you should not operate the unit while charging it despite the fact that is has pass through charging?

I've seen it said on reddit that with the Crafty the heat from the unit running combined with the heat from the battery recharging can cause some issues and it's only recommend in dire situations. Is this true or just speculation?

dimildarko,

biohacker

Some empty cycles mean that I let the crafty just heat up and cool down and do that procedure 2-3?

Correct.

Also can you recommend packing the bowl really packed or light with some space?

Experiment for yourself but generally packed.

How much takes to you normally take from one bowl?

No idea....but lots!

Do you use the liquid pad?

Sometimes.....if I don't do full bowls.

Is it true that you should not operate the unit while charging it despite the fact that is has pass through charging?

It isn't a true battery bypass. Some of the battery gets used and it's faster than it charges. It's apparently hard on the battery but I have the same question up in the Mighty thread, since I get better performance using it plugged in.

I've seen it said on reddit that with the Crafty the heat from the unit running combined with the heat from the battery recharging can cause some issues and it's only recommend in dire situations. Is this true or just speculation?

I think it's true.

chillersnov8p

I have a power pack that only goes up to 1A. Will this do any harm to the battery?

chillersnov8p,

UnshavenFish

I have a power pack that only goes up to 1A. Will this do any harm to the battery?

No harm just longer charge time, and the power pack is running at full speed, although your not talking double the charge time as the crafty doesn't use the full 2A while charging, just at a guess instead of two hours it might take two and a half.

Edit: a slower charge is actually kinder to the battery but at the trade off of a longer charge time. With my Air/Haze batteries i use 1A or less if i have time, and 2A if in a rush.

UnshavenFish,

Mr420Jack

Just bought a crafty today for the bargain price of £130 including postage on gumtree. I can barely contain my excitement. :D Currently on page 43 of this thread wasting time waiting for my crafty to arrive and really looking forward to comparing it to my SSV. I'm so happy to finally get a portable vape as I found that whenever I left the house I ended up smoking weed through my bubbler so vaping on the go will be so awesome.:rockon:

I've gathered that if you vape on the go or own multiple vapes the Crafty is great. But people who use it as their only or main vape and vape a lot tend to prefer the Mighty due to the extended battery life (size not being an issue if you're vaping mostly at home).
Yea that's kinda what I gathered as well. I ended up pulling the proverbial trigger on the crafty and I can't wait to give it a go. The only thing that concerns me is the different posters on here who have had some bad luck with either faulty batteries or units. I know that it's bound to happen but I'm hoping that S&B are ironing out some of those issues. Thanks for the feedback Darko!

SomewhereOverDwayneBowe,

dimildarko

Few questions for you guys...

What would I need to run a Crafty to a D020-D? Like what size silicon tubing fit around the mouthpiece and what adapter would I need? Is it feasible that I might be able to use my E-Nano GonG?

Also I know the Crafty allows you to program 2 temperature settings to the button. Is there any sort of agreement as to what 2 ideal temps to have on demand are? Do people set to max temp to speed up heat up time? I know with I set my E-Nano to max temp (10) to warm up and then turn it down to 6.5 for my first hits.

dimildarko,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Is there any sort of agreement as to what 2 ideal temps to have on demand are?
No because everyone is different. I have noticed that I am, over time, using lower temps on both Crafty and Mighty. So 356*F with a boost temp of 375*F is what I'm trying now. I was just doing bowls at 375 but then realized the lower default temp provided an excellent experience. YMMV . . .

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Still loving both of my silicone adapters from @Ratchett! Game changer!
:rockon: Heck yeah! Those waterpipe adapters have been so popular, I'm very tempted to purchase a Crafty simply so I can join in the fun :lol:

Coincidentally, almost 2:1 ya'll seem to prefer the 14mm over the 18mm which I found quite interesting. Would have expected the opposite

Kingly

otM3DoL.jpg

Ok so I am completely clueless on how to use concentrates... My first time getting some which I am told is Sour Diesel and after searching around the internet I haven't been able to find a reliable videol/guide/answer to how I actually consume it through the Crafty.

What I have done in the above picture is:

1) very small layer of ground bud on very bottom as I am told oil can leak through and you don't want it getting on the bottom screen?
2) Put concentrate thingymajig thing in.
3) cut off a small corner of wax/shatter (whatever you call it, I don't know the difference)
4) stick in middle of concentrate thingymajig and heat at a high temperature?

I don't have access to the app, so I guess I use the hotter default temp?

Any advice would be appreciated, 1g cost £47 so I don't want to be wasteful.

Edit1: Turned on crafty and wax is slowly turning into a liquid. Also have another question:

I replaced the top screen with the thinner mesh on both my heating units ( I have 1x spare), should I change it to default screen for concentrates?

Edit2: Seems to be working, but how do you know when concentrates are "finished"?

Last edited:
It's funny that you brought that up because I was wondering the same thing myself. Also, does the brand of USB cord make any difference at all? I know some companies recommend their products and only their products for "best results", but in this case would a cord or powerbank from a different manufacturer harm the crafty in anyway? I apologize in advance if this seems like a dumb fucking question lol.
Is there any reason to buy the S&B made power bar versus something from Amazon? What do most people here use? I've heard good things about the brand Anker. Once I saw S&B sold one specifically for the Crafty though I started to wonder if there was something special about it.

SomewhereOverDwayneBowe,

grokit

well-worn member
otM3DoL.jpg

Ok so I am completely clueless on how to use concentrates... My first time getting some which I am told is Sour Diesel and after searching around the internet I haven't been able to find a reliable videol/guide/answer to how I actually consume it through the Crafty.

1) very small layer of ground bud on very bottom as I am told oil can leak through and you don't want it getting on the bottom screen?
3) cut off a small corner of wax/shatter (whatever you call it, I don't know the difference)

Edit1: Turned on crafty and wax is slowly turning into a liquid. Also have another question:

I replaced the top screen with the thinner mesh on both my heating units ( I have 1x spare), should I change it to default screen for concentrates?

Edit2: Seems to be working, but how do you know when concentrates are "finished"?
I would try it with the shatter on the underside of the pad, since you're drawing upwards.

grokit,
Reactions: Krizzle

Mr. Me2

Can anyone suggest the best carrying case for the Crafty? Is RYOT the way to go? If so, which one?

Mr. Me2,

horst

horsed
otM3DoL.jpg

Looks good! As long as you use chunks sized yours everything will be fine, don't worry too much. The herb underneath the liquid is a good backup but not really necessary, the structure of the liquid pad already ensures that the oil stays inside of it through capillary effect. Just don't use too much shatter at once on the pad.

It is finished when no vapor is produced on highest temp, at least for the Crafty.

To prevent leakage of the oilpad just clean it regulary. I just drop it in ISO for an hour when the colour changes or it feels gunky and let it dry over night

I would try it with the shatter on the underside of the pad, since you're drawing upwards.

No! That would lead to a messed up heat chamber. The shatter liquifies very quick after powering the crafty and would drop beneath the chamber screen.

grokit

well-worn member
No! That would lead to a messed up heat chamber. The shatter liquifies very quick after powering the crafty and would drop beneath the chamber screen.
I'll take your word for it, but it sure seems like drawing upwards with this "highly-liquified shatter" would deposit much of it into the the cooling chamber. Don't you think the herb below would absorb it?

grokit,
Reactions: horst
Top Bottom