Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

dimildarko

I have a question for anyone who has upgraded your Crafty to a Mighty...

So I may be purchasing a used Crafty soon. If I were to be dissatisfied with the Crafty and decide to try to Mighty instead, would I be able to upgrade through S&B or is that something only the original owner can do?

dimildarko,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

It can't be done by the original owner. It's not a service that S&B offer either. If you buy a Crafty from S&B, and want the Mighty, whether there is something wrong with your Crafty or not - S&B will look at it on a case by case basis only.

UnshavenFish

I have a question for anyone who has upgraded your Crafty to a Mighty...

So I may be purchasing a used Crafty soon. If I were to be dissatisfied with the Crafty and decide to try to Mighty instead, would I be able to upgrade through S&B or is that something only the original owner can do?

See page 184 a few have tried, if crafty is faulty it might happen but only then.

Edit: too slow, what he ^ said ;)

UnshavenFish,

dimildarko

It can't be done by the original owner. It's not a service that S&B offer either. If you buy a Crafty from S&B, and want the Mighty, whether there is something wrong with your Crafty or not - S&B will look at it on a case by case basis only.

Thanks mate. I want to get the Crafty either way, so I'll just get it and see how things go from there. I think for how often I plan to use it that it should be just fine.

fatbiker

Do the newer units have better battery performance than the first set of units produced? Have they done any battery improvements since release date?

jYkc68l.jpg

I got nearly 99hours and problems are none.

Just a check back in to say my replacement is going well, used every day. Still great performance.

Serial 0098xx

How many sessions do you get from a fully charged battery?

Last edited by a moderator:
fatbiker,
Reactions: biohacker

Vaporcussion

6 half bowls? For me It's 3 bowls max, whether or not they are fully packed. If i fuss with turning it on and off during hits (being discreet while outside) I get only 2 bowls and a lousy 18% or so left on the battery.

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: DorianGray

biohacker

@DoubleVanos are you sure heatup time hasn't changed? A new crafty takes 1:45 or less, well at least that was my experience when I timed it at 4 hours. Pretty sure 2:30 shows some wear.

biohacker,

DoubleVanos

6 half bowls? For me It's 3 bowls max, whether or not they are fully packed. If i fuss with turning it on and off during hits (being discreet while outside) I get only 2 bowls and a lousy 18% or so left on the battery.

I Vape a half bowl in about 2-3 mins. I like heavy hits. Full bowls will take me a bit longer maybe 6-7 mins, but I've always finished the bowl in one session.

@DoubleVanos are you sure heatup time hasn't changed? A new crafty takes 1:45 or less, well at least that was my experience when I timed it at 4 hours. Pretty sure 2:30 shows some wear.

Well ,the first time I timed it, there was about 20 hours on it, and hasn't changed in the next 50 hours of use.

I understand that both of these units are amazing, for someone that owns both, would you recommend one over the other (not factoring the difference in price)?

SomewhereOverDwayneBowe,

dimildarko

I understand that both of these units are amazing, for someone that owns both, would you recommend one over the other (not factoring the difference in price)?

I've gathered that if you vape on the go or own multiple vapes the Crafty is great. But people who use it as their only or main vape and vape a lot tend to prefer the Mighty due to the extended battery life (size not being an issue if you're vaping mostly at home).

Kingly

Just got some shatter for the first time, never used it before. How do I use it in the Crafty? I will be using a seperate heating unit as I heard that oil is a lot messier and best to keep weed/oil separate.

I've gathered that if you vape on the go or own multiple vapes the Crafty is great. But people who use it as their only or main vape and vape a lot tend to prefer the Mighty due to the extended battery life (size not being an issue if you're vaping mostly at home).

Wish I had went with the Mighty, I do use my crafty outdoors but the battery doesnt make it economical so its mostly just for short dog walks rather than long hikes/camping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kingly,

UnshavenFish

Just hit 70 hours and it's been flawless so far. Battery life is consistent @ 3 full bowls per charge or 6 half bowls. Heart up time has not changed either. 20C -180 C
, takes 2:30. Both my S&B products have been nothing but reliable, like two really good friends!

I also find that i can get 6 (full not half bowls), although its not the amount in the bowl but how fast you can hit it that matters, and this method wont work for most (if heat/throat irritation affects you) as once at temp you hit as hard and fast as you can giving a 2 minute session (which has left some friends rolling on the floor coughing:lol: funny to watch but not what anyone want from a session) i should add with normal usage (8-10 minute bowls) i get 3/4 per full charge.

Mine was over 2 minutes from new (although some of this could be down to a lower starting temp?) and i never made a note of times early on, but think mine was around 2:30 after a few hours usage.

I think i need to do some brain learning:hmm:, as to me the power the battery supplies is constant in a regulated device, now capacity is something that will be lost with any battery so usage will lower over time. Unless as bowl amount seems constant over time even with longer heat up, maybe to make up for less capacity less power is used (giving longer heat up) to keep bowl amount the same although i don't know if this makes sense, the more i think about this the more confused i get:doh:, I'm sure there is an element I'm missing.

Now I've used these kind of batteries for years but heat up time is not something i have much experience with as torches, lasers and e-cigs don't have this.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey guys, I've just created a new thread to compare warmup times for the Crafty that I hope some of you can contribute to. It accounts for differences in ambient temperature so hopefully we can get some insight into how battery life if affected by hours of usage. The more people that contribute, the better. Your input is appreciated! :science:

:peace:

UnshavenFish

Hey guys, I've just created a new thread to compare warmup times for the Crafty that I hope some of you can contribute to. It accounts for differences in ambient temperature so hopefully we can get some insight into how battery life if affected by hours of usage. The more people that contribute, the better. Your input is appreciated! :science:

:peace:

:clap::clap::clap::rockon:

Nice! Good idea about ambient temp:tup:, could be worth noting firmware version also :shrug: although this could or could not be used for end results, depending on if it seems to show any difference or enough results.

Will post mine tomorrow, bit too far gone tonight:science:

UnshavenFish,
Reactions: Stu

bangpowwww

Thanks! So far my new crafty feels kind of strange.
The vape I get is surprisingly thin, not really to see.
Other thing it noticed and feel worried is that after unpacking/ unboxing and filling in the crafty, starting it, there is this kind of burnt scent or taste in the air.

Am I doing something wrong?

bangpowwww,

lapsda00

exactly my opinion, now i own only crafty and its my daily driver, i get 3 bowls and then put it on the charger with 2 or 3 bars of battery left, which is annoying but i am trying to avoid fully discharge. now i want to sell my crafty and gets mighty because of better battery life.

biohacker

Which is exactly what I just did.... @dimildarko summed it up perfectly. If you ever need just a few bowls on a charge, you can't go wrong...best portable out there IMO. Mighty suits me much better, although if I had the cash I would have a Crafty forsure, and one day may again...but at this point I can't justify the cash for something that will only get used from time to time.

Both the Crafty and Mighty are complete gamer changers in the vape industry from my experience. It has completely renewed and rekindled my love affair with vaping!

dimildarko

Thanks! So far my new crafty feels kind of strange.
The vape I get is surprisingly thin, not really to see.
Other thing it noticed and feel worried is that after unpacking/ unboxing and filling in the crafty, starting it, there is this kind of burnt scent or taste in the air.

Am I doing something wrong?

What temp did you vape out? How much herb are you packing?

In regards to taste it is always recommend to do a "burn in" on a new vape. This just means you should run the unit on it's highest temp for a couple cycles to burn off and residual stuff that might be in there from the factory.

bangpowwww

What temp did you vape out? How much herb are you packing?

In regards to taste it is always recommend to do a "burn in" on a new vape. This just means you should run the unit on it's highest temp for a couple cycles to burn off and residual stuff that might be in there from the factory.
Thanks!
Should do this now.
Hopefully I didn't ruin or damage anything?
I packed it and stired it with the liquid pad so it's packed and closed.
180 degrees.

biohacker

You didn't damage anything, but inhaling the manufacturing residue isn't the best thing for your lungs. Just keep it empty and do some max temp burn off cycles. When cool, i'd personally do a quick soak and scrub in ISO. That should take care of that smell.

With respect to your whispy vapour..... up the temp to 190+ and that problem should quickly go away...perhaps higher. Could depend on your strains too, or maybe fill up the bowl more.

dimildarko

Mighty suits me much better, although if I had the cash I would have a Crafty forsure, and one day may again...but at this point I can't justify the cash for something that will only get used from time to time.

Well I'm certainly glad you couldn't justify it because otherwise there wouldn't be a Crafty headed to my door step!

horst

horsed
Just got some shatter for the first time, never used it before. How do I use it in the Crafty? I will be using a seperate heating unit as I heard that oil is a lot messier and best to keep weed/oil separate.

Wish I had went with the Mighty, I do use my crafty outdoors but the battery doesnt make it economical so its mostly just for short dog walks rather than long hikes/camping.

Really easy to use your shatter with the crafty. You got an oil pad in your package, just drop a small chunk in the middle of the top and put it in the chamber, vape until you see no vapor :cool:

For camping and hikes I recommend a USB Powerbar, the ones above 10000mAh can charge the Crafty three times and up and you have backup power for your mobile, too. :rockon:

Top Bottom