coughing.. :(

mig

hi gang..

i'm a relative noobie with vaping.. certainly takes a bit of time and experimenting to get it right.. feel like i'm almost there..:)

i find i cough much easier vaping than when i used to combust... i realize that temp can be a large factor here, but i usually vape at about 185c, as anything higher tends to throw me into coughing fits ( i never used to cough when combusting...)

i realize smaller hits will reduce coughing, and i don't think i am pulling too hard or for too long..

also, it seems that dirty screens will increase coughing... what about less than sparkling clean glass...??

i'm not too sophisticated with attachments.. i see all these mods that many of you do to your machines... don't really understand what they all do..??

i use the extreme q (what are best mods for this machine..)

any easy suggestions to reduce the cough for a more enjoyable session would be greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot...

mig

mig,

Nosferatu

Vapor can be really irritating to the throat, even more than smoking. I would get a bong or water filtered attachment to help cool it down. Or you could watercure all your bud and it would probably be so smooth. But I think as time goes on it will stop irritating so much, as you get more used to vapor hits.

Are you using bag? whip?

Nosferatu,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mig said:
but i usually vape at about 185c

You haven't said what vaporizer you use. On my Extreme v3 that temperature wouldn't make me cough. Coughing for me starts at around 210c but only if I draw too much or too fast. Higher temperatures increase the chances of coughing. I rarely go beyond 210c anymore because of that, and I prefer to start at 160c. You won't get thick clouds at that temperature but you will get a nice vapour that is not harsh and is much tastier (in my opinion).

No matter which machine you're using, I recommend you reduce your temperature 10c at a shot and check. Find the lowest temperature that delivers the vapour you want, and if it still makes you cough then you'll have to start adjusting your draw, or perhaps hook up some filtration. Lower temperatures result in a head high more than a body stone. If you want couch lock then you'll definitely have to find a compromise that lets you go to the higher temperatures.

Remember that this isn't smoking. It's not burning away. There's nothing wrong with short small hits spaced as far apart as you like.

pakalolo,

steiner666

Serial vapist
in my experience, i cant really say that vapor has made me cough that much, definitely not more than smoking. It can really depends on which vape you're using tho too. Some vapes, like direct-inhale vapes with short airpath can irritate my throat a bit and maybe make me cough now and then i suppose. If possible, try lengthening the air path with some tubing and/or running it through some water so it cools down a bit. Also, start at a low temp, where you get hits that are barely visible, and just work your way up in temp as needed to keep getting those thinner hits.

steiner666,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
THC naturally irritates and tickles you throat so the coughing will happen, but using a water attachment with some nice HOT water is a great way to smooth out your hits to the point where you'll be wondering if you got one.

aesthyrian,

mig

thanks for the replies...

i am using the extreme q... and usually use the whip.

what would peeps recommend for an easy, inexpensive and effective filtration system..???

thanks,
mig

mig,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
get you a cheap bong or bubbler with a diffused downstem. If you get a glass on glass piece, you can buy a whip to bong adapter that you use to connect your whip to your glass to create an airtight seal.

DevoTheStrange,

mig

DevoTheStrange said:
get you a cheap bong or bubbler with a diffused downstem. If you get a glass on glass piece, you can buy a whip to bong adapter that you use to connect your whip to your glass to create an airtight seal.

thanks.. however, like i said, i'm NOT sophisticated with all the jargon... lol

can anyone provide pics and links (in canada) for reputable suppliers of these add-ons..??

thanks,
mig

mig,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Not sure about shipping to canada, i imagine they would be willing to tho. Here is the type of adapter you'll need:
http://silversurfervap.com/accessories/surfer-accessories/ground-glass-water-pipe-adapter.html
the tubing slips over the tapered end and the ground glass end is what attaches to the waterpipe itself

These, imo, are some of the best bubs for the price, and you can request customizations as well
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55708003/gong-bub
you'll want to get a 14mm adapter from the ssv site to fit this one

theres also a 20% sale going on at grasscity, if you want to look over their selection. i havent had good luck with them though, both times i've tried ordering from them, the item ended up being out of stock and i wasnt notified for a few days/weeks.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin..._Bong_Hexagon_Foot__100ml.cfm?iProductID=5907
this would be a nice small tube alternative,. also 14mm

also check the resell thread here
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453

steiner666,

Beezleb

I notice you have an Extreme. When using the same temperature setting do you cough equally When using the bag and with the whip? If so I believe your issue is not so much heat related than it is irritating you but possible good news.

Try these 2 things.
Take sip of water and then take a draw off the vape (whip mode I am most interest in effect as whip mode will be warmer vapor.) If this works I believe using a bong or bubbler will be very effective. None the less it is one of my favorite way of vaping!

Try varying your temperature. I suggest 180c, 185c, 190c, 196c and evaluating those temps if you have not. If you find like the sensation better at your current temp setting but still have the cough try starting at a lower temp and progress during your session to your desired vape. Starting even lower will not hurt anything other. I somewhat recently read a smoke report that was vaped at 165c and so like monkey see monkey do I tried it and was amazed and is more energetic at that temp. It makes a great starting point in the morning. I vape differently during sessions depending on how I am feeling for effect.

Hope that helps and good luck and happy vaping!

Beezleb,

vapirtoo

mixing a little chamomile in with the herb makes the hit softer and
muffles ? the cough. (suppresses)
aesthyrian is correct in that thc causes coughing.It is an expectorant.

vapirtoo,
Top Bottom