Cory Glass Designs re/incyclers - high function and affordable?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, is KIK the only way to communicate with Cory, or can it be done through email?

cybrguy,

sasNW

Just heard back from Cory, said he broke his phone and was off kik for a bit. Just sent me a few pics and description of what he's doing.
So. Bad. Ass. He also said it might be the nicest recycler he has ever made:drool::bowdown:

:D:o:rockon::nod:

rK9DmDW.jpg

RvGZjWs.jpg

Looks at that marble... LOOK AT IT!!

You may be able to tell I am slightly excited

gigaurora

Just heard back from Cory, said he broke his phone and was off kik for a bit. Just sent me a few pics and description of what he's doing.
So. Bad. Ass. He also said it might be the nicest recycler he has ever made:drool::bowdown:

:D:o:rockon::nod:

rK9DmDW.jpg

RvGZjWs.jpg

Looks at that marble... LOOK AT IT!!

You may be able to tell I am slightly excited
how much ? :o

gigaurora,
Reactions: sasNW

Caligula

Maximus
Just FYI to everyone Cory just posted up on IG saying his old phone was broken and he wasn't getting KIK messages. He got a new phone now so he said if you KIK messaged him and he didn't reply please resend.

Last edited:
Caligula,
Reactions: syrupy

420democrat

Do you have to wait for the small clear recyclersthat are earlier in the thread for like 150 iirc

420democrat,

gigaurora

Do you have to wait for the small clear recyclersthat are earlier in the thread for like 150 iirc
nope. he's actually perfected dr. manhattanish abilities to control matter. Just kik him and it will materialize hand crafted at your door within the second, poof, lickety split.

gigaurora

/raises handfuls of sand over head

And now a prayer:

"I give this offering to you glass gods, that my kik may be favorably received by Cory. May the winds that blow glass carry my fumed and marbled dreams upwards."

lebowski.jpg
I was reading this on my phone, and started to laugh, with a joint in my mouth, and it fell into a puddle. WHY DAMNIT WHYYYYY

sasNW

Perfect timing for an update - I just had a nice conversation with Cory last night over Kik. Not even about my piece mostly, just glass in general. Seems like a real cool dude, and he spread some glass knowledge I never would have thought about, how black and white glass are very difficult to work together properly. just thought I should get that out there.

So originally I asked for the uber joint like herr dampfs, but last night Cory asked if I would mind going to a fully colored, hand ground joint that he made for my piece :tup: The answer is of course "hell ya I'm cool with that!"
Then in our convo I told him how cool that marble looks, so he said he would add a few smaller military marbles on it then... I'm sure that's good I just don't know what a military marble is haha

So now it will have a fully worked hand ground joint, and a couple more marbles on it:drool:
He keeps saying how he really loves doing this piece and it's coming together great. God damn I'm excited about this one!!!

One quick off topic question(I'll delete this part when I know if it's visible, god damn cracked iPhone screen) - can you guys tell what my avatar pic is? I just found my nicer camera with some grow pics and had to shrink them when I uploaded them. It looks like shit on my iPhone so I can't tell. Sorry for the OT

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
These are "millie slices". Basically the artist makes a long tube of this stuff (looks like salt water taffy IMO) then they slice off pieces to use like a loaf of bread. Each millie slice has whatever design the artist blew into it.

PA240278.jpg

And here's an uncut "tube".

100_04511024x928.jpg

Side note: it takes a lot of specialized skill to make these and a lot of glass blowers buy them from other blowers who specializes in churning these things out.

sasNW

Awesome! Thanks for the info the uncut one above looks sick. So those are what those pieces are in the first pic I posted, next to the long uncut portion. I just asked him if he made that part as well, I definitely like the design he did with them. None of this is helping the anticipation:drool:

Edit- just thought about it, holy hell that seems impossible to make the millie tubes. And that's why I pay other people for art

sasNW,
Top Bottom