Corona Vaping

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I don't understand why you're aiming this at me. I watched your video, I thanked you for posting it ahd have forwarded it to various friends.

It seems like we are saying similar things; if I mis-read something, point it out to me but don't get angry at me.

I am in no way angry or arguing with you. The bit you've quoted comes under a quote from someone else, so its in slight response to them, but its not aimed at them either, just a conversation. Myabe you have them on ignore so you cant see that I've quoted them? You asked me to clarify my point so I clarified my point is all.

Yes, we're saying similar things, thats one reason why there isnt any anger or arguing coming from me. Again, the bit you've quoted was clearly in response to someone else. No anger towards you or them :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
You can go ahead and puff and blow, but I'm not changing my decision based on the consultations and research I've done.

Of course, wear any mask you like. Just stay indoors, okay? :-)

(Seriously, no need to be angry here).

Siebter,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I will be wearing this (been waiting ages, just got shipping notification), a mask, and I may set myself on fire too, that should make people keep their distance...

https://undeadequipped.threadless.com/designs/uncertain-times/mens/t-shirt/regular?color=white#

undeadequipped-threadless-com.png

uncanni

Just stay indoors, okay?

Well, I can't. I'm a professor and I'm coming up with strategies for the fall semester that will reduce my risk for whenever classes are convened face to face again.

One of the decisions I've made is not to allow anyone to come inside my office until we all know for sure that everything is safe again, and who knows how long that will be. I will meet with students outside weather permitting.

My personal conclusion based on the research I've done is that an N95 will be the best choice for the classroom. Your joke about wearing it alone in my house isn't funny: some of us will have to return to work in order to survive economically.

emmdeemo I think self-immolation is going too far.

uncanni,
Reactions: EmDeemo

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I will meet with students outside weather permitting.

And even then masks should be used.....you have to be cognizant of which way the wind is blowing.....who wants to be downwind? Won't the aerosol droplets travel downwind more than 6 feet?

The amount of exposure in terms of time and quantity of droplet exposure is key as I understand it so when it's a one on one face to face meeting outside with social distancing the danger of infection is low. If there's a group of 10 or more, and the wind is blowing east .... I don't want to be at the furthest eastern end of group even with a mask.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
My personal conclusion based on the research I've done is that an N95 will be the best choice for the classroom. Your joke about wearing it alone in my house isn't funny: some of us will have to return to work in order to survive economically.

Dude. I was talking about masks being worn *in public*. All the time. Next time give me a little hint what you are talking about, 'kay? :-/

Siebter,

uncanni

All the time. Next time give me a little hint what you are talking about, 'kay? :-/
I'm a dudette, and my original post stands as it stands. I can't explain everything to everyone or take any responsibility for your assumptions.

uncanni,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@uncanni – Dudette, I was talking about masks being worn in public and said so. No reason to hide what you were talking about. Such confusion, there's no need for it. This thread has 23 pages and counting, keep that in mind.

Siebter,

uncanni

This thread has 23 pages and counting, keep that in mind.
Dude, I wasn't hiding anything. This is absurd. If you go back and look at my original post, this is so tangential.

I hate it when this happens: silly bickering about nothing at all, really. Do your thing, Siebter, in good health. And I'll do mine. This is no competition, my brother.

@uncanni - with all due respect, do you wear an N95 or other mask to protect yourself in public?
Yes, I wear masks when I go shopping, tho I also shop when very few people are in the stores.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Yes, I wear masks when I go shopping, tho I also shop when very few people are in the stores.

Good on ya. There is no way I'm going out without a mask. There are some fucked up people out there, and just some utter scumbags who love spitting, emptying their nose in the street, and having no idea whats going on at the moment, or just dont care.

Coronavirus: Victoria ticket worker dies after being spat at

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52616071

EDIT: And this fucking story... Christ, facebook and the rest have a lot to answer for...

""I've been sent a message saying that NHS workers are working on bonuses, that we're taking money for putting Covid on death certificates and we are essentially taking money for life. And I think that's a really cruel thing to say to someone," she told me."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52623455

Coronavirus doctor's diary: 'They say I have blood on my hands'

uncanni

This is the walking dead in real life.

As I already wrote, I believe we'll see an increase in cases in the US beginning in around 2 weeks. I would be ecstatically happy if I were wrong, but I trust what Fauci says. Wow. This is what happens when the world grinds to a halt.

I wonder how many months it's going to take for people to let reality sink in. Or if they'll just stay in denial and insist it's a conspiracy.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I was fortunate enough to have two old N95 masks on hand at the start and is my go-to shopping & commerce protection device. My house is a risk free zone. If you are a risk, you stay outside my gate. We prep and quarantine to our specifications and no one elses. I now have 4 masks to choose from that have come from China. Not one I would consider sufficient.

I have watched the curves. They are still as alarming as before the surge to reopen. It's too late to run away from this. But there are no answers coming either. We're waiting for some dart player to get a bullseye. And they'll fuck around with that too.

We are on our own to protect our own. Yea, that's gonna go well, huh. :whoa:

ginolicious

I don’t wear a mask when I go out. Then again I go into 0 stores. My beer is placed in my trunk same with my groceries and dog food.

ginolicious,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Top Bottom