Pan is dead! Long Live Pan!

From the olden days and up through all the years
from Arcadia to the stone fields of Inisheer
Some say the Gods are just a myth
but guess who I've been dancing with
The great god Pan is alive!

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
Beastie boyz. Sounds of Science compilation.
R.I.P. MCA.

Started ganster rap and then when it hit mainstream he went Buddha and rallied against it.

"I Want To Say a Little Something That's Long Overdue
The Disrespect To Women Has Got To Be Through
To All The Mothers And Sisters And the Wives And Friends
I Want To Offer My Love And Respect To The End" Beatsie Boys -Sure shot

satyrday

Enjoy. His album Barrett is a great listen.

I remember when I first heard his solo stuff in the 80s I thought it was so strange and discordant. Now it almost seems normal and natural. So, either I've gotten more strange and discordant, or the world is just catching up with his music.

Speaking of strange and discordant and the 80s... this song from this movie soundtrack my first introduction to Roky Erickson, who I came to really love.

Loved his solo work, and even moreso his earlier output with the acid-drenched 13th Floor Elevators.

I feel like a lame DJ with this transition - Syd Barrett to Roky Erickson?? But two very unique artists I came to explore around the same time.

Edit: Oh yeah ... and two sad acid casualties as well. I knew there was a better connection there somewhere.

Last edited:

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
Return of the living dead? Daaaaaang, I used to have those stickers on my "boom box"

45grave, TSOl, cramps...that was a fun phase.

Beasties were more complicated. Every time they would drop a new work I would hate on it until about the 3rd listen thru b4 it would become standard playlist.

Not that it matters but I pay a lot for 10GB of useage and the wifey is taking online classes, so no vids for Outlaw. Suck.

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
^That first one really beautiful, Outlaw Farmer.
Good and glad. I have tons of those pirated (no idea artists or titles) Love the woodwinds. Got hooked on that when I lived in Ariz and was adopted by the local reservations kids until I moved.

A lot of native American in my family, especially Shawnee national forest. Trail of tears and immigrant railroad/bridge builders. Blue eyed Indians, weird.

Outlaw is Irish Injun.

Seren

Away with the fairies
OK, I have to sneak a few minutes of watching/listening to these. You guys are making me look up my some old faves.

Great track!! Burke is an awesome bassist and singer!! (He's also a much loved family friend - so I guess I may be slightly bias!)

For those of you who haven't heard much of Budgie, this album is great for starters:

Last edited:
So have Sam and Dave.:cool:
Got ^that CD right after seeing The Blues Brothers for the first time.
And how about some historic footage,from the year of my birth no less...:D
Look at those short skirts on those debutants in the front row...scandalous,i say!:myday::lol:
And just because when The Blues Brothers comes up,this usually automatically plays in my head(boom boom boom;))...:

Angus Thermopyle

miner of truth & delusion
@Seren Thanks for that. Budgie is new to me. Like Rush and Yes got together for a good time and Black Sabbath showed up and got everyone stoned. :spliff:

@Outlaw Farmer - Great version of Mannish Boy. There are so many to choose from. Went on a search of different versions recently - w/Johnny Winter from the Hard Again album is my current fav.

This track from Rory Gallagher is melancholy but has alot of feel. Enjoy.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom