cool movies to watch vaped

lwien

So I just watched Hero, a Chinese martial arts movie, circa 2002, for the first time. But...........calling this just a martial arts movie really doesn't do this movie justice in that the eye candy that was presented here was in a word......................incredible.

If you have yet to see this movie, I strongly encourage you to get yourself vaked, get comfortable, sit back..............and enjoy the wonder of Chinese movie making at it's best. The cinematography, the art direction, the choreography was simply............mesmerizing.

I can't believe that I waited this long to see this. Check it out.

lwien

Anyone see Waking Life? GREAT movie if you're into thinking about why things are the way they are.

lwien,
Reactions: crawdad

bigtvapes

Just watched a classic comedy that my generation has totally forgotten: Used Cars. Movie makes me howl, man.

Before that I watched Crank 2, which was just absolutely batshit insane, but is a lot of fun if you enjoy silly action movies.

bigtvapes,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Just watched a classic comedy that my generation has totally forgotten: Used Cars. Movie makes me howl, man.

Before that I watched Crank 2, which was just absolutely batshit insane, but is a lot of fun if you enjoy silly action movies.

I would never forget Used Cars. One of Kurt Russell's greatest movies (which is a LONG list). Big Trouble In Little China, would be my favorite, though. And oh man, Suzee Pai - Asian girl with green eyes... OMG, YUM! (she also plays a blind prostitute in an old Burt Reynold's movie to, from the same era) Kim Cattrall also! SWOON!

Not a movie... but here's an INSANE video to watch sober or vaped!

BigDaddyVapor,

lwien

When I worked as a salesman selling stereo's, we used "Used Cars" as a sales training film. Fun times……..

lwien,

bigtvapes

Used Cars is a god damned classic. I'm glad it's remembered fondly here because whenever I bring this movie up people look at me like I have 6 heads.

Everyone needs to see "End of Watch" btw. It's honestly one of the most starkly different films I've seen in awhile. It uses the "Documentary style" to tell a story rather than just as a gimmick. About 10-15 minutes in I forgot I was watching a movie. I thought I was in the middle of a cop doc. The way it builds suspense, the performances, the story. Everything about it was just fresh and different. I really really loved it.

On the opposite side of the film spectrum, GO SEE DREDD BEFORE ITS GONE. If it's not gone from your local theater already... It was an abysmal flop in the box office (in the U.S. anyway) but man, was it a fun action movie. There's a drug the bad guys are selling that makes everything go 1% speed lol, so there's like 5 bad ass action scenes in super slow motion, leading to some very gruesome blood and gore. I really enjoyed it, I just had a screaming 4 year old behind me the whole time. How did I know he was 4? Well his mother kept yelling at him, "You're 4 now stop acting like a baby!" Yes... your 4 year old couldn't sit still for 2 hours... must be the kid's fault that you brought him to an R-rated movie.

crawdad

floatin
watched "journey to the far side of the sun (1969)" the other night after a few bumps, never saw it before. the tension created when your understanding of things is expanded yet unexplainable to others was quite enjoyable to watch unfold. it's certainly dated in terms of technology, but if you can be open to it i think its a good watch.

oh yeah, also...."the trip (1967)". follow a fellow searching for something finding everything, more or less. :peace:

crawdad,
Reactions: satyrday

crawdad

floatin
the red balloon (1956)

fPlMgFE.jpg

satyrday

"The Upsetter" about the man probably most responsible for the creation of reggae and dub - Lee Scratch Perry. Old footage from the Black Ark always sends me. It's like watching something that's both Old Testament and futuristic at the same time.

I also appreciate how he didn't kowtow to the dreads, or anybody. He kept his hair fairly short as did Selassie (not that that matters, but that is the point). He said you don't have to sit around all day smoking trees to be a man of God, and that many that do are demonic hoods, layabouts and leeches posing as holy men. Selassie here again as a real role model and not just an icon. And he regretted the racism of the scene.

The edgy part at the end where he spars with the obnoxious and menacing Canadian is priceless and unnerving.

lee-scratch-perry-21.jpg

satyrday

Searching for Sugarman

Wasn't sure if it was just hype, but no, it's the real deal. True miracle of a story about a Detroit musical artist who becomes a South African messiah. Beautiful movie. The less you know going in, the better.

Rodriguez
tumblr_mgwzkkqyeY1r7gmqeo1_500.png

crawdad

floatin
the last circus (2010)

nWUknQF.jpg

it certainly had its moments, the underlying story i thought was nicely played out if you get it.

crawdad,

grokit

well-worn member
Cloud Atlas, 5/5 mind-blowing netflix stars.

...and an honorable mention for Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, 4.5/5

Last edited:
grokit,

crawdad

floatin
I AM (2010)

cant really say it was enlightening for me as i already have thought a great deal about the concepts they present but found it to be somewhat encouraging that others think about it as well. nutshell: "perhaps we are wrong about the way we think about how natural it is to think the way we do" or something along those lines, i think. ;)

crawdad,

dirklance

Here are a few suggestions:

scary - 'high tension'
funny - 'kung pow: enter the fist' or 'super troopers'
bizarre - 'happiness' (anything by todd solondz really) or 'old boy'
zombie movie - 'dead alive'

dirklance,

crawdad

floatin
didn't scan this thread for it but i wouldn't be surprised if "The Shining" was already listed, anyhow im listing it now. i had not seen this movie for about 10-15 years or so and had only seen it twice and not vaped. anyhow, re-watched it this week and saw lots i missed previously...

then, i watched "Room 237" (happens to be on netflix). it's a documentary that allows a few people who have spent years analyzing the film and Kubrick to depict their thoughts on the meanings and various symbolism throughout the film. some of the assertions are far reaching but many of them made quite a bit of sense, showing just how much effort was made to tell a story you might not of even noticed.

when i first saw The Shining it was one of those instant favorites that i didnt want to watch over and over again so it wouldn't change for me, if that makes any sense. looking at the film closer has made me want to go through Kubrick's entire work. once you have seen a film a few times that has great depth i dont think it diminishes the experience any to analyze it further. least not in this case.

crawdad

floatin
movie 43 (2013).

for a while netflix has had this movie listed on its main page (at least for me) and ive ignored it due to the low ratings (3 out of 5 stars). so i finally did a little research and saw rotten tomatoes gives it 4% while audience gave it 26% as in liked it, which was all the motivation i needed to watch it after a few bowls (i was f'd up, im sure that helped).

it can be rough at times, dont watch trailers just watch it. a few times i just kept saying out loud "no, please...stop...oh god" and dropped a happy tear or two but im nuts. :freak: lol

crawdad,

Django

I forgot how funny bad Santa is!
"Get this kid off me before he pisses on me" haha absolute arse hole.

Django,
Top Bottom