cool movies to watch vaped

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
If you are in the mood for a comedy, "We're the Millers" is a funny movie.. I was pretty surprised how much it had me laughing. :tup:

Buildozer,
Reactions: grokit

wmassguy

Used Cars is a god damned classic. I'm glad it's remembered fondly here because whenever I bring this movie up people look at me like I have 6 heads.

Everyone needs to see "End of Watch" btw. It's honestly one of the most starkly different films I've seen in awhile. It uses the "Documentary style" to tell a story rather than just as a gimmick. About 10-15 minutes in I forgot I was watching a movie. I thought I was in the middle of a cop doc. The way it builds suspense, the performances, the story. Everything about it was just fresh and different. I really really loved it.

On the opposite side of the film spectrum, GO SEE DREDD BEFORE ITS GONE. If it's not gone from your local theater already... It was an abysmal flop in the box office (in the U.S. anyway) but man, was it a fun action movie. There's a drug the bad guys are selling that makes everything go 1% speed lol, so there's like 5 bad ass action scenes in super slow motion, leading to some very gruesome blood and gore. I really enjoyed it, I just had a screaming 4 year old behind me the whole time. How did I know he was 4? Well his mother kept yelling at him, "You're 4 now stop acting like a baby!" Yes... your 4 year old couldn't sit still for 2 hours... must be the kid's fault that you brought him to an R-rated movie.

Yes, see Dredd. Watched it on Netflix yesterday. "A fun action movie" -- yup, that says it all.
MV5BODkyNDQzMzUzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODYyMDEyOA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

wmassguy,

crawdad

floatin
Koyaanisqatsi is so ridiculous. I'm half way through it stoned, and I cannot highly recommend enough. Tee hee, highly....

I think it tops my list on movies to watch stoned. It even beats Planet Earth. It is such an overwhelming, almost unconformable experience to watch, but it feels like your mind takes a journey through the film. That description was ridiculous, but just go watch it!!

finally watched koyaanisqatsi (1982) last weekend while floating and was quite the win for me. locate the ire version (proper resolution, not modified) and watch it.

crawdad,
Reactions: Seren

grokit

well-worn member
That's fucked up to make a 4-yo kid sit through dredd, it barely makes sense to an adult.
And we wonder why some of these numbnuts shoot up a school once in a while.
:2c:

grokit,

crawdad

floatin
alan pakula has made some real good films (to kill a mockingbird, comes a horseman, pelican brief) so i checked into his other films and found he made 3 that were referred to as his "paranoia trilogy", and being the paranoid type i had to check em out.

klute (1971) with jane fonda and donald sutherland
the parallax view (1974) with warren beatty
all the president's men (1976) with robert redford and dustin hoffman

cast alone in each is enough to give em a whirl if you haven't yet. kind of suck you in and take ya for a ride type of deal.

lwien

Ok, this is a movie that is probably not best to watch when you're vaped because it can be a bit depressing, but.................if you want to see some of the absolute BEST acting that you will ever see on screen, check out Meryl Streeps tour de force acting clinic in August: Osage County (2013).

No, it doesn't have any special effects. No, it doesn't have any blood and guts. No it doesn't have any great sex scenes, and no, it's not a movie that's full of laughs (although there are some). I guess, some would call it a "chick flick" (although, there's very little romance going on here) , but if you are into how far one can take the art of acting to new heights, you just gotta check into this movie and watch Streep weave her magic. Kinda reminds me of what Taylor did in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf except Steeps performance was even better and more nuanced.

I can't imagine what it must have been like for the crew on the set. I have no doubt that they were picking their jaws up off the floor during most of the production.

Simply............amazing.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Do you like b-movie, grindhouse-style movies that are so shitty that they are awesome?

Well, I just watched a new one (I want to see it on the big screen now) that I think is an insane, nutty, trippy, artsy, insane , so shitty it’s fucking amazeballs, instant cult classic!

"Mandy"
(yes, that's Nic Cage in the image below)
42044646-2025624957499020-6688056119086022656-n.jpg

Trailer:

Ramahs,

Helios

last night I almost shat myself watching Silent Hill horror movie, accompanied by a few Vapcaps and some Vino. I don't know why I torture myself watching these movies knowing I will wake up in the middle of the night sweating with fear. :doh:

Helios,
Top Bottom