Convection on-demand portable war: GH vs FF3

b0

Cloudy...
So lately I have been thinking a lot about both vaporizers and I'm close to buy both of them.

I'm sure about the GH because I take a lot of planes every year and need an inconspicuous vape. So far I have been using a PAX2 but it's not my kind of vape and gonna sell it as soon as I can score a GH. The only thing that I don't like about it, is that you can't take apart all the parts of mouthpiece/oven to clean it properly.

Not so sure about the FF2. It seems like is gonna be an awesome vape on papers, convection, on-demand, easy to clean airpath, flavourful and able to do concentrates. I usually enjoy w9 products for concentrates on the go but having a device able to do both properly would be awesome. I'm not so sure how good it's gonna work with concentrate and if it's gonna get use having a GH.

So for the few users that has both of them, what are the pros and cons of each one? Wich one has best flavor? How well FF2 performs with oils?

b0,
There are VERY few ff2's out and about considering they aren't out yet. Doubt you'll be getting much feedback pertaining to both directly..

However I feel there should be some other vapes on your list. The
www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-rbt-milaana-unregulated-single-18650.18829 and Firewood 3. The RBT unit isn't out yet but I'm sure we'll have them before GH!! I've preordered one, looks to be an absolute savage. Don't own the FW3 but there seems to be a lot of happy owners.

If you're into or would consider butane based portables the on demand convection selection improves greatly.

b0

Cloudy...
There are VERY few ff2's out and about considering they aren't out yet. Doubt you'll be getting much feedback pertaining to both directly..

However I feel there should be some other vapes on your list. The
www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-rbt-milaana-unregulated-single-18650.18829 and Firewood 3. The RBT unit isn't out yet but I'm sure we'll have them before GH!! I've preordered one, looks to be an absolute savage. Don't own the FW3 but there seems to be a lot of happy owners.

If you're into or would consider butane based portables the on demand convection selection improves greatly.

I think RBT doesn't send overseas. I almost ordered a FW3, but the size and wood flavor didn't convince me.

Right now I'm using a Ti Glassy VapCap and totally love it, but will like something "easier" to use. Like press a button wait 5 seconds or so and enjoy.

Thanks for the recommendation tho!

b0,
I think RBT doesn't send overseas.

If youre an early preorder he does for some reason, the first Zion preorders shipped intl too. :nod: There was a reason for this, I just can't recall what it was.

Whatever you decide good luck, seems to be a lot of promising vapes coming up this year!

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I think RBT doesn't send overseas. I almost ordered a FW3, but the size and wood flavor didn't convince me.

Right now I'm using a Ti Glassy VapCap and totally love it, but will like something "easier" to use. Like press a button wait 5 seconds or so and enjoy.

Thanks for the recommendation tho!
grassHopper isn't any more inconspicuous than the Firewood (sans capsule+mp). The Firewood is smaller than my phone and much shorter than the Hopper.

Every single fucking person that has been within 5 feet of the Hopper has asked.. "Is that a pen?" They can tell its intended to look like a pen but they aren't convinced enough or they are just intrigued (these were also non-tokers) enough to need a confirmation. Unfortunately they all gave me a sad look of disinterest and seemed not to care once I said... "No, its actually a vaporizer." Although, no one can guess or even asks what the Firewood is, it just lays and everyone probably thinks its decor or a paperweight.

What bothers me with the gH is the dirty metal taste. Anything about 3.5 tends to have a metallic/electronic tinge which is far more noticeable and appalling than wood which you'll eventually forget is there.

Biggest downside is usage with the FW and if you have a problem. But I guess the FW3 and gH are known to be inconsistent in reliability.

I know the gH is pitiful for oils at least IMO. I have a video of the Firewood and grassHopper using oils if you have interest in it.

EDITED..

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
If youre an early preorder he does for some reason, the first Zion preorders shipped intl too. :nod: There was a reason for this, I just can't recall what it was.

Whatever you decide good luck, seems to be a lot of promising vapes coming up this year!

Will send them an email to ask them about it, thanks!

grassHopper isn't any more inconspicuous than the Firewood (sans capsule+mp). The Firewood is smaller than my phone and much shorter than the Hopper.

Every single fucking person that has been within 5 feet of the Hopper has asked.. "Is that a pen?" They can tell its intended to look like a pen but they aren't convinced enough or they are just intrigued (these were also non-tokers) enough to need a confirmation. Unfortunately they all gave me a sad look of disinterest and seemed not to care once I said... "No, its actually a vaporizer." Although, no one can guess or even asks what the Firewood is, it just lays and everyone probably thinks its decor or a paperweight.

What bothers me with the gH is the dirty metal taste. Anything about 3.5 tends to have a metallic/electronic tinge which is far more noticeable and appalling than wood which you'll eventually forget is there.

Biggest downside is usage with the FW and if you have a problem. But I guess the FW3 and gH are known to be inconsistent in reliability.

I know the gH is pitiful for oils at least IMO. I have a video of the Firewood and grassHopper using oils if you have interest in it.

EDITED..

The metal taste is so strong? I don't remember reading about it in the official post. You have a SS or Ti unit?

That's why I'm thinking about buying the FF3 too, GH when traveling and FF3 as main portable with better flavor and maybe oils.

Will love to see those videos!

b0,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
The metal taste is so strong? I don't remember reading about it in the official post. You have a SS or Ti unit?
Could be user based, I am young, never drink, never smoke, only smoked weed for about a year and that was primarily when with other people. I feel I have better acknowledgement of flavor than others who may have participated longer in those categories that dull your senses.

I have 3 Ti units, each one has a distinct similar flavor I reference as dirty once you are around temps 180C+. It isn't really bad and my goal is a near black extraction but I am used to high temps, have owned over 40 vaporizers, and know what taste should be like in those ranges. Again, its not bad but one shouldn't reference the Hopper as that great in flavor since it fails to retain that good flavor once the temperature is increased and introduces another flavor that isn't your herbs.

Here's the videos.

For the purposes of this video the Firewood is on level 7, I set the temperature to level 4.

With the screen-ception I have 4 screens bound within each other to hold oil. Off screen I take a primer puff intended to pull the oils into the screen. Alternatively one can make a "screen-ception" with stainless steel mesh (or a micron screens) as well. It definitely looks more attractive than what was seen in the video.

I personally prefer this method over the next two methods, primarily because there isn't another material in the air path creating vapor so I am fully aware of how much is actually getting extracted. It's beneficial that I can clean the screens and don't have to just toss them after using once; and don't necessarily have to clean them immediately.

It is inconvenient that some oil does leak through on the sides of the glass and I'm sure some comes through in general. While I don't continue hitting the capsule in the video I was definitely not at the end of the oil I could extract from it. I find this method to allow me to pull more vapor than the cotton/rayon method.

For time purposes I had all dabs preloaded. I use rayon since the flavor is more inert when it discolors and it has a higher temperature resistance than cotton. From my experience both yield identical results, except in flavor and longevity.

Cotton/Rayon can often give pretty big clouds even sometimes thicker than the screen method. Only negative is flavor and how harsh it can be when you reach higher temps. I have found light vapor to form and cotton/rayon to discolor when no concentrates are present.

Honestly, I dislike using herb and oil together. Understanding its the primary go to for most I decided to actually included it this time. The results with herb and oil are great; you will be rewarded a lengthy session, while your herb may be total abv the concentrates are probably still present and need of further extraction.

Hopper was set to set 5.
I personally am not a huge fan of cotton, it discolors and will slightly offgas by itself unless you are doing really low temp dabs. Everyone mentions it so I felt I should at least include it in the video. That shouldn't be interpretted as cotton doesn't give good results, it does and I have gotten even better than in the video.
Honestly if you have herb/abv around I highly suggest using that over cotton as you will get more hits and probably feel more affected.

The Hopper isn't as great for concentrates as the VapCap, Firewood, or Hammer but it is capable of satisfying some users. Not the unit I would recommend for oils but again, its possible.

Top Bottom