• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Contest for the DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey FC! :wave:

First off, thank you to everyone who gave me the inspiration to continue on the quest to Mod the Arizer Towers!

Welcome to The DDave Mod Kit Contest.

This is a Level 2 contest.

The rules are as follows:

OVERALL RULES :myday:

You may participate in the contest if you meet the trophy point requirements for the level, you can only win one prize. For example, if you win the Full Kit, others will be selected for the Partial Kits.

I will pay shipping costs to CONUS. Also, will pay shipping to NON-US, so long as USPS delivers to your location a small flat rate box for $25USD. If they do not, we'll work something out.

In the case of a tie, bonus points (details in Rules below) will be considered to determine the winner.

Finally, if you win the Full Kit and have already purchased one from me, the purchase price of the Kit will be sent back to you via Paypal. ($55USD CONUS, $70USD International, minus Paypal fees). This makes it fair for all.

Keep it fun. The rules are subject to change at any time.

CONTEST PARAMETERS

1) First off, tell me why you want the kit! Bonus points for details, ideas, etc...

2) Next, the fun part. Now, write a Haiku which is themed around the Mod. Does not need to be factual, can be completely made up, fabricated, etc... That makes it fair for those who've not tried out a DDave modded EQ.

3) BONUS POINTS: Have you posted about the Mod on FC prior to August 7th 2015? Props, tips, informational, etc? If so, come claim your bonus points! Here's how ===> Next to the Like button of a posting on FC, there is a button with a post number. Clicking this button will provide a direct link to that particular entry. This link can be copied and pasted into your contest entry. These posts are worth bonus points and could swing a close decision in your favor. This is an effort to thank those who inspired me to pursue the Mod and Kit. Note: These posts must be your own in order to be claimed.

UNLIMITED ENTRIES - Have at it!

Posts will be judged by Mrs. DDave. She is a non-aspie, human far as I can tell, and by far the most fair, non-judgemental person I know. She also possesses the most knowledge of the Kit, second only to the DDave himself. ;)

You can "like" the posts, but Mrs. DDave will be deciding who the winners are for this contest.

Prizes:
First Place: The Complete DDave Mod and Mini Mod Kit - as seen on eBay.

Second Place: The DDave Mini Kit - DDave 14mm Mini Adapter, Wand, 2x each associated screens, clamp, 1 whip tube.

Third Place: The DDave Mod Kit - DDave 18mm Mini Adapter, Wand, 2x each associated screens, clamp, 1 whip tube.

The contest will end September 7th, 2015, the one month anniversary of the Kit release date.

The announcement of winners will follow as soon as possible after. I have no idea how many entries there will be and how close the judging will come out.

Without further adieu, let's rip out some Haiku! :rockon:

Kit Photos:
Tu5MK2n.jpg

^^^ The Full Kit comes with 4 Adapters, 2 DDave Short and 2 Tall adapters. (2 are 18mm,2 are 14mm)

MDcDYal.jpg

XnmFwLm.jpg

3OClaGV.jpg

snackmaster

I’d really like a kit just so I have an excuse to buy an EQ :D

Seriously, I never put much thought into owning one until I came across the @DDave mod. Now it’s impossible to see an EQ-related posts on reddit without mention of it. Then THE @DDave offers a kit with everything (plus more), and buying an EQ creeps back into my consciousness. Winning this contest would push me over the edge!

Poor man’s Volcano:
Full potential realized.
Thanks Dave, friend of vapes!

Also, LOL :rofl:
She is a non-aspie, human far as I can tell, and by far the most fair, non-judgemental person I know.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
1) Don't want to win, I just want to play!

2) There once was a man on FC named DDave
His ebay mod kit was all the rave
With glass stems and glass gongs
a wood base, whips and metal tongs
While I don't have an EQ
In my shop, this kit belongs!

3) Just for fun, take no offence please Mr and Mrs DDave... :D
Submitted By: Krishna Jayaraman
There was a man called Dave
Who kept a dead whore in a cave
He said "I admit
I am a bit of a shit
But think of the money I save".

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Why do I want this kit? Winning is fun. You can't have too much glass.

Some adaptors for your glass
Screens and stems and base from DDave
your vape will thank you

Nice! :tup: Agreed! One can never have enough glass! And winning is pretty sweet too!

I’d really like a kit just so I have an excuse to buy an EQ :D

Seriously, I never put much thought into owning one until I came across the @DDave mod. Now it’s impossible to see an EQ-related posts on reddit without mention of it. Then THE @DDave offers a kit with everything (plus more), and buying an EQ creeps back into my consciousness. Winning this contest would push me over the edge!

Poor man’s Volcano:
Full potential realized.
Thanks Dave, friend of vapes!

Also, LOL :rofl:

Well then, looking forward to you joining the EQ club! Sept 7th, day Mrs. DDave could make this happen!

I love my eq but it could definitely benefit from this kit! Thanks for running this comp :)

Honking on my E Q
Sun shining on my mod kit
D Dave my main man

Ditched my cyclone bowl
Daves mod kit thats how I roll
Vape's good for your soul

As do I. My EQ has treated me well since day one, continues to do so today. Now with the pieces of the kit, I can change up how each session plays out. (Regarding the comp, glad to give a little something back as well.)

1) Don't want to win, I just want to play!

2) There once was a man on FC named DDave
His ebay mod kit was all the rave
With glass stems and glass gongs
a wood base, whips and metal tongs
While I don't have an EQ
In my shop, this kit belongs!

3) Just for fun, take no offence please Mr and Mrs DDave... :D
Submitted By: Krishna Jayaraman
There was a man called Dave
Who kept a dead whore in a cave
He said "I admit
I am a bit of a shit
But think of the money I save".

Hey, you're welcome to participate, and if you win, you can play it forward. Just tell me where you'd like it sent.

And, uh... how do you know about the secret cave? :ninja:

Bc it's awesomeness!

The rap battle star
His competition is less
Unless Dave can win

Uh @SSVUN~YAH , do I hear a rap challenge has been issued? :cool: Go for laying one out in the next post and I'll return one that will make heads spin! :brow: Not sure of applicability to Mrs. DDave's judging of the contest, but while this contest is running, it should be fun!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
So, it wouldn't be for me, but my close friends (who recently got married) have an EQ tower, and I'd love to give them a vapor related gift.

Newly joined lovers
A newly modded tower
A great new chapter
:nod: Nice gesture! The DDave Mod Kit has just been promoted from standard Vaporizer Accessory to Wedding Gift! :rockon:

Is Mrs. DDave influenced by such gestures? Will romance win the day? Does this sound like the ending to a 1960s episode of Batman the TV Series? Stay tuned... Same FC Time, Same FC Channel! :brow:

A challenge to thee
Haiku rap in harmony
Get mods for no fee
Nice Ku! (Is that short for Haiku?) :ko:

In response, I believe I promised a head-spinning rap?

But first a word from our sponsors (basically myself). DDave Mods has the highest regard and respect for Arizer, the EQ/Vtower vapes, and their STOCK performance. If it were not for this awesome unit, DDave himself may have revisited combusting... :puke:

The following RAP is for fun and does not reflect the views of the general combusting public, surgeon general, Colonel Sanders, NORML, or any other earth-based organizations. Enjoy!

The DDave Mod Rap

On the open market, there's a vape
That many a vaper tried
It's a vape to make your worries disappear
A vape that some folks ride
But let me tell you about the rumors
That circulate about this vape
Some say there's more that can be done
With this vape, make no mistake
The clouds that rise along the top
Are rumored to be like uplifting voices
Those who run it stock, who do not care
Get whispy vapor, yeah, they've made their choices
But some have seen and others heard
Of a mod that changes this
Now proclaimed by vapers across the globe
Who've risen into the bliss
The water tool's thick as milky mud
Your eyes rapidly turn the color of blood
With this mod, your spirit flies
Bright red marbles replace your eyes
Some don't believe and dare to doubt
While those who've tried this mod do shout
Hidden deep in your wild rush
Suddenly your legs turn to mush...

You Modded yet?

Don't vape stock
The DDave Mod
Yeah, hook it to water, hook it to water
The DDave Mod

On popular websites, there's a vape
And those who've DDave modded cherish
Water tool's cloudy even in the sun-light
Huge clouds that are nightmarish
Some believe stock's the way to go
And for them tiny vapors do plume
Others say they seen the DDave Way
And stumble around like a Vaping Tycoon
The modders vape with it all night long
Rising vapor clouds, sing them a song
Losing pieces mean vaporizer death
DDave shared his mod, no secrets kept
Then staring out from his fog
He noticed vapers vaping from hollow logs
As he watched his vapor rising to the rafters
He knew what them top vapers were after

You Modded yet?

Don't vape stock
The DDave Mod
Yeah, hook it to water, hook it to water
The DDave Mod

Take a rip!
Vapor so strong is
It's lifting me farther. Lifting me farther.
Take a rip!
Vapor so strong is
Feeding the crave
Take a rip!
Vapor so strong is
Lifting me farther. Lifting me farther.
Take a rip!
Vapor so strong is
Feeding the crave

The DDave mod creates the tales
That elevate both time and space
Several vapers, both boys and girls
Described it as being punched in the face
What you mod and what you don't
Is entirely up to you
But if you vape stock, you may vape alone
You already know it's true
With the DDave mod, no need to stir the bud
A vortex of the adapters does that up good
So if you claim your lungs have no bottom
DDave's mod, the clouds, he's got em
Long time vapers get blitzed anew
Eventually the mod's gonna find you
You'll jump right in and disappear
Best to inhale deeply I hear
With the DDave Mod

You Modded yet?

Don't vape stock
The DDave Mod
Yeah, hook it to water
The DDave Mod

Take a rip!
Vapor so strong is
It's lifting me farther. Lifting me farther.
Take a rip!
Vapor so strong is
Feeding the crave
Take a rip!
Vapor so strong is
Lifting me farther. Lifting me farther.
Take a rip!
Vapor so strong is
Feeding the crave

You Modded yet?

Don't vape stock
The DDave Mod
Yeah, hook it to water
The DDave Mod

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
A beacon of light
Playing with the mods all night
You scream with delight

Your head may take flight
It could take all of your might
Mods are not a plight

Your probably right
Positively out of sight
This mod wins the fight

In accordance to the rap battle:

Thank you for the fun
I don't mean to rap and run
It's only just begun

I raise the white flag
Dave rocks the mic like a frag
A toast of Red Stag

:cheers:

It should be no shock
You are an absolute rock
Your mod is a lock

A winner indeed
Let us vaporize some weed
With that I concede

:leaf::bigleaf::leaf:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Alright, let's all show Ddave some FC spirit and keep the contest rocking. I'll do my part and try to stick to the parameters of the contest. :D

1)First off, tell me why you want the kit! Bonus points for details, ideas, etc...

Frankly, I had a need for the kit long before I knew what came within the kit.
Before I even set eyes on it and judging by all the posts that I've been reading at FC over time, I was confident it was going to be a complete and well thought out project.

'What this? someone finally came up with a DDAVE kit? Whats that? It's also being put together by the man himself? :whoa: '. Am I dreaming?:zzz:

TIME SAVED - Face it, The amount of time I would save from ordering each item individually, makes this a value on that single point alone. I have bought a lot of these parts over time, thanks to all the recommendations of the EQ forums and DDAVE himself to see this whole idea take seed. Been experimenting with different 18mm F/F setups and can understand someone new to the ddave/EQ concept could find it daunting to go out and find the right pieces. This does has everything you need. If you/I get the deluxe, then there are adapters for light/hookah/sipping sessions. Sorry cyclone bowls. If I get the deluxe kit, You will be re-purposed:borg:. Even if you don't have an EQ, this is a well rounded collection. It even has a test tube holder!

$$ SAVED - I hope he is buying in bulk ddave, because I did the math. And I am also a huge bargain hunter. (Each glass piece is over 8$ individually, if you are into auctions.) Plus you save yourself the shipping costs of each item arriving individually. Another Plus you won't be buying a second F/F because the first one you bought online doesn't fit your EQ. Like I did.

The 14mm setup - This took me entirely by surprise. Even 14mm screens to go with it!! This is a new idea to me. Must have it. This is perfect for a single user single session. And he mentions in his post. this setup is great for small unbroken amounts. Back to using scissors instead of using the SC shredder.

Good choice in pieces. Clear thick glass wands and bragging rights. I could go on. Plus you would be helping someone who has contributed and been encouraging others at the FC for as long as I've been on the forums. It's a good thing.

2) Next, the fun part. Now, write a Haiku which is themed around the Mod. Does not need to be factual, can be completely made up, fabricated, etc... That makes it fair for those who've not tried out a DDave modded EQ.\

CF's 'DDave' Haiku

EQ's New Science:science:
Radiant Concentrated:drool:
Dialed Heat Precision :nod:
<<sound gong>>

3) BONUS POINTS: Have you posted about the Mod on FC prior to August 7th 2015? Props, tips, informational, etc? If so, come claim your bonus points! Here's how ===> Next to the Like button of a posting on FC, there is a button with a post number. Clicking this button will provide a direct link to that particular entry. This link can be copied and pasted into your contest entry. These posts are worth bonus points and could swing a close decision in your favor. This is an effort to thank those who inspired me to pursue the Mod and Kit. Note: These posts must be your own in order to be claimed.

Been posting at FC since April. the majority of that being in the EQ forum. I've dissuaded some users from making a poor choice of buying a downgraded F/F adapter and outlined what to avoid. (Just get the kit ddave is offering and/or read my posts to avoid a bad purchase.) I already plan on directing the new EQ users toward this mod and have given my 2 cents as to why I think it works over several posts. It's mostly ramblings about radiant heat. :mental:

Where it all came together for me right here. ---> #8187. The EQ hasn't even shipped out of Canada and I'm already thinking about buying a ddave mod. Are you convinced now?
BTW, I would not haven bought anything EQ related if it wasn't for FC.:bowdown: FC rocks.:rockon:

Latest post -"I like that you have 2 separate setups (18mm & 14mm) which allows for more versatility.
Even comes with tubing and a test tube clamp. Good price for the glass pieces alone. But also a great time saver being able to buy everything in one kit. "

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Alright, let's all show Ddave some FC spirit and keep the contest rocking. I'll do my part and try to stick to the parameters of the contest. :D

1)First off, tell me why you want the kit! Bonus points for details, ideas, etc...

Frankly, I had a need for the kit long before I knew what came within the kit.
Before I even set eyes on it and judging by all the posts that I've been reading at FC over time, I was confident it was going to be a complete and well thought out project.

'What this? someone finally came up with a DDAVE kit? Whats that? It's also being put together by the man himself? :whoa: '. Am I dreaming?:zzz:

TIME SAVED - Face it, The amount of time I would save from ordering each item individually, makes this a value on that single point alone. I have bought a lot of these parts over time, thanks to all the recommendations of the EQ forums and DDAVE himself to see this whole idea take seed. Been experimenting with different 18mm F/F setups and can understand someone new to the ddave/EQ concept could find it daunting to go out and find the right pieces. This does has everything you need. If you/I get the deluxe, then there are adapters for light/hookah/sipping sessions. Sorry cyclone bowls. If I get the deluxe kit, You will be re-purposed:borg:. Even if you don't have an EQ, this is a well rounded collection. It even has a test tube holder!

$$ SAVED - I hope he is buying in bulk ddave, because I did the math. And I am also a huge bargain hunter. (Each glass piece is over 8$ individually, if you are into auctions.) Plus you save yourself the shipping costs of each item arriving individually. Another Plus you won't be buying a second F/F because the first one you bought online doesn't fit your EQ. Like I did.

The 14mm setup - This took me entirely by surprise. Even 14mm screens to go with it!! This is a new idea to me. Must have it. This is perfect for a single user single session. And he mentions in his post. this setup is great for small unbroken amounts. Back to using scissors instead of using the SC shredder.

Good choice in pieces. Clear thick glass wands and bragging rights. I could go on. Plus you would be helping someone who has contributed and been encouraging others at the FC for as long as I've been on the forums. It's a good thing.

2) Next, the fun part. Now, write a Haiku which is themed around the Mod. Does not need to be factual, can be completely made up, fabricated, etc... That makes it fair for those who've not tried out a DDave modded EQ.\

CF's 'DDave' Haiku

EQ's New Science:science:
Radiant Concentrated:drool:
Dialed Heat Precision :nod:
<<sound gong>>

Been posting at FC since April. the majority of that being in the EQ forum. I've dissuaded some users from making a poor choice of buying a downgraded F/F adapter and outlined what to avoid. (Just get the kit ddave is offering and/or read my posts to avoid a bad purchase.) I already plan on directing the new EQ users toward this mod and have given my 2 cents as to why I think it works over several posts. It's mostly ramblings about radiant heat. :mental:

Where it all came together for me right here. ---> #8187. The EQ hasn't even shipped out of Canada and I'm already thinking about buying a ddave mod. Are you convinced now?
BTW, I would not haven bought anything EQ related if it wasn't for FC.:bowdown: FC rocks.:rockon:

Latest post -"I like that you have 2 separate setups (18mm & 14mm) which allows for more versatility.
Even comes with tubing and a test tube clamp. Good price for the glass pieces alone. But also a great time saver being able to buy everything in one kit. "
@CuckFumbustion Wow, thanks for the props, review, recommendation, and all the above! :rockon::clap::nod:

This is V2 of the mod. Even shorter DDave adapters (both 14mm & 18mm) than the original and refocusing back on getting herbs as close to the heater as possible with as much of an open, even flowing airpath as possible (removal of the wand encapsulation of the herbs). My ABV with the V2 setup is far more evenly and completely extracted, even comparing to the original setup.

It's my hopes that others will take the mod and run with it! Experiment! Suggest new ways to use it. Suggest to add/Remove parts from the kit, as new, better ways are discovered...etc..

Thanks for participating and best of luck! Fate is with Mrs. DDave now... :p

if posting raps please include
some beats else your poem sounds weak
trying to not following see

id like to win this for my EQ4.

thanks for letting me play.

here's some beats mMM-KAY?....
@AnthoFranco Thanks for the posting and including some beats! Feet are tappin! Can't decide on whether to have a session or challenge @SSVUN~YAH to another Rap Off!!! :nod::clap::tup::rockon:

Glad you could participate as well! :tup:

Forgot the "why I want a DDave Mod => I wanna see Etna blow, and make Gibraltar rock!"

@stark1 Sweet! Them are some of the best reasons I've seen.... right up there with "wedding gift" and "One can never have enough glass"!!!

Good Luck to all! :rockon:

Justpassedu

1: DDave has been nothing but a huge help to this community and probably doesn't realize how many people in the world he has actually helped and most likely even saved some lives in doing so. He originally founded the DDave mod for the Extreme Q vaporizer bringing your material closer to the heater and improved greatly on the method for people getting there medicine in there systems the correct way. He has done this without making a profit and just straight out helping the community in any way he could. Now he has finally made his own original DDave mod with great improvements , thicker glass of higher quality to help us all. I have the original DDave mod thanks to DDave's help in acquiring it and would love to try the new true DDAve version bc it comes with so much more than you can ask for with a small price tag , not only that but finally it is a way to give back to DDave for his help throughout the years. Thank you DDave we all appreciate you...

2: Vapor comes and vapor goes
But truly only DDave knows
It starts from the heat
and runs through the glass
He improved the Extreme Q
and took it to whole different class
He's like the doctor of medicine
when it comes to mods
no one is better than him
Taking vapes to a whole other level
Fc users are now feeling mellow
The Arizer extreme q is no more a beater
DDave Mod moves your material closer to the heater
Thanks Dr. DDave for all you've done
You saved some lives & helped everyone

3: Posts are to many in the extreme q to find them all , always trying to recommend ...

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
1: DDave has been nothing but a huge help to this community and probably doesn't realize how many people in the world he has actually helped and most likely even saved some lives in doing so. He originally founded the DDave mod for the Extreme Q vaporizer bringing your material closer to the heater and improved greatly on the method for people getting there medicine in there systems the correct way. He has done this without making a profit and just straight out helping the community in any way he could. Now he has finally made his own original DDave mod with great improvements , thicker glass of higher quality to help us all. I have the original DDave mod thanks to DDave's help in acquiring it and would love to try the new true DDAve version bc it comes with so much more than you can ask for with a small price tag , not only that but finally it is a way to give back to DDave for his help throughout the years. Thank you DDave we all appreciate you...

2: Vapor comes and vapor goes
But truly only DDave knows
It starts from the heat
and runs through the glass
He improved the Extreme Q
and took it to whole different class
He's like the doctor of medicine
when it comes to mods
no one is better than him
Taking vapes to a whole other level
Fc users are now feeling mellow
The Arizer extreme q is no more a beater
DDave Mod moves your material closer to the heater
Thanks Dr. DDave for all you've done
You saved some lives & helped everyone

3: Posts are to many in the extreme q to find them all , always trying to recommend ...
@Justpassedu Wow & Thanks for the kind words! I really don't know what else to say... (and for me not to have a long verbose posting is not a common thing.) Much appreciated! :cheers:

Vape On! :tup:

Top Bottom