Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
If the flower still tastes nice, so should the resultant rosin. Is it well manicured? I find over pressed, excess leaf can add a vile taste. Rosin is def a matter of quality in quality out. It certainly isnt as forgiving as BHO can be, for instance, IMHO.

Just a thought.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Recently purchased some concentrate that obviously did not have the butane burned off properly. I unfortunately bought a decent amount and as I was getting it from someone I trusted, didnt look at it until I got home stupidly. I'm a seasoned smoker when it comes to flower but concentrate I'm newer to. Is there a way for me to fix it?
Great question, @Miss Chanadlerbong. Welcome to FC. It's great to see you here, and I look forward to seeing more of your excellent posts.

CouchKushn

The flying Druid.
If the flower still tastes nice, so should the resultant rosin. Is it well manicured? I find over pressed, excess leaf can add a vile taste. Rosin is def a matter of quality in quality out. It certainly isnt as forgiving as BHO can be, for instance, IMHO.

Just a thought.

Patience and time...take detailed notes so you can continually improve until you get the results you want consistently.

Vape_Or_Die420

I am really curious and confused about why a 160 micron bag is best for fresh material and 90 micron is for older drier material. As of now i have only been using 160 micron for both fresh and older flower. I am using 3.5g bags in my nugsmasher mini.

What difference will i notice if i use the 120 or 90 micron bags for the older drier material?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I am really curious and confused about why a 160 micron bag is best for fresh material and 90 micron is for older drier material. As of now i have only been using 160 micron for both fresh and older flower. I am using 3.5g bags in my nugsmasher mini.

What difference will i notice if i use the 120 or 90 micron bags for the older drier material?
Opinion’s are like assholes!
Human’s all have one?

freshly baked

So I had about 50 used and presumably empty thc distillate carts that I soaked in alcohol for a day or so. I filtered the liquid thru a #10 I believe it is mesh screen and evaporated it down several days and arrived with a silicone container to the brim of very dark very gooey material. It smells exactly like the distillate. It smells great. I'm wondering now the best way to make use of it. Its about the consistency of the last little bit of honey in the bottom of the jar. I will put it on a screen in the mighty or dynavap screen but fear I'll have to soak and clean after every session. Is there a way to thin it down to use back in an empty cart? Any other suggestions and wisdow is welcomed! Thanks

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
So I had about 50 used and presumably empty thc distillate carts that I soaked in alcohol for a day or so. I filtered the liquid thru a #10 I believe it is mesh screen and evaporated it down several days and arrived with a silicone container to the brim of very dark very gooey material. It smells exactly like the distillate. It smells great. I'm wondering now the best way to make use of it. Its about the consistency of the last little bit of honey in the bottom of the jar. I will put it on a screen in the mighty or dynavap screen but fear I'll have to soak and clean after every session. Is there a way to thin it down to use back in an empty cart? Any other suggestions and wisdow is welcomed! Thanks

Don't thin it. Heat it up and suck it up in a syringe. Then inject it into a cart. Then either wait a day or 2 for the wick to soak it up or heat gun the cart for bit. Get a quality cart that can do pure distillate though, most of them will.

If you want to thin it the best way is probably a terpene blend. Their are already terpenes in cannabis so you are vaping it anyways, so it's not any more harmful. You can get terpene blends to mimic flavor profiles like mango/apple/blueberry and even cannabis. Just don't get suckered into over paying. Terpenes are a hot item now and seems many are overcharging for it by a lot. I got a blueberry AK terpene blend the other day and paid $70 for 60ml. The max I would probably use is 0.1ml every gram of distillate, so this would be good for thinning 600g of distillate.

freshly baked

Just do the research, otherwise we'll be here all day going back and forth. Do the research.
Thanks.. I consider asking the community here for their wisdom as part of my doing the research. Along with smoking a whole bunch of it. Plus this room needs a chat! My question was the first post here since February 6. I appreciate all the answers.

freshly baked,
Reactions: LesPlenty

uncanni

Thanks.. I consider asking the community here for their wisdom as part of my doing the research. Along with smoking a whole bunch of it. Plus this room needs a chat! My question was the first post here since February 6. I appreciate all the answers.

I'm sorry, my comment wasn't aimed at you, but at the member above who simply wrote that he wouldn't use MCT oil and left it at that. No explanation, just disagreemnt. I did a lot of research a couple of years ago, and this was what I read then:

https://www.medicalcannabisdispensary.co.za/mct-carrier-liquid-cannabis-oil/
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/acm.2016.0337
https://www.projectcbd.org/update-toxic-marijuana-vape-oil-additives-endanger-patients

And on that basis, I used MCT to make vape cartridges using some sap I made in my Source machine.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I'm sorry, my comment wasn't aimed at you, but at the member above who simply wrote that he wouldn't use MCT oil and left it at that. No explanation, just disagreemnt. I did a lot of research a couple of years ago, and this was what I read then:

https://www.medicalcannabisdispensary.co.za/mct-carrier-liquid-cannabis-oil/
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/acm.2016.0337
https://www.projectcbd.org/update-toxic-marijuana-vape-oil-additives-endanger-patients

And on that basis, I used MCT to make vape cartridges using some sap I made in my Source machine.

As I stated I would not vape mct oil this is my personal preference just like I would not vape PG ,VG , PEG any other carrier and cutting agents. I prefer natural products like these.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just heating the oil (in a syringe) is my way of filling carts with my RSO/FECO and others have had some success heating rosin to fill a cart...the main reason is heat is available, cheap and you don't have to worry about it being safe or not.:myday:

LesPlenty,

chrisd

I read around here somewhere that trying to use RSO in vape carts would degrade a large portion of the THC to CBN and rendering it useless. Is the process to make RSO that different from just decarbing shatter/budder/sugars? I think I read it around here somewhere and it has been bothering me for a couple of weeks.

chrisd,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
to use RSO in vape carts would degrade a large portion of the THC
I use mine in 'Thick Oil THC' VE10 carts with my Airistech Quaser and it is very potent, more than dabbing on my enail as it does not get water filtration.:2c:

LesPlenty,

uncanni

to use RSO in vape carts

RSO isn't for vaping or dabbing: it has too much plant matter in it. RSO, or FECO (full Cannabis Concentrate Oil) is made by evaporating the alcohol out of Green Dragon Tincture, which is made with whole bud steeped for some period of time. Some idiots posted videos of themselves smoking RSO on Youtube.

uncanni,

chrisd

RSO isn't for vaping or dabbing: it has too much plant matter in it. RSO, or FECO (full Cannabis Concentrate Oil) is made by evaporating the alcohol out of Green Dragon Tincture, which is made with whole bud steeped for some period of time. Some idiots posted videos of themselves smoking RSO on Youtube.

I get that there is still plant matter in RSO, but all that means is it will be a bit dirtier in vaping devices, but is the a chemical reason? Is there some different "form" of THC content in shatter as opposed to RSO?

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry

RSO absolutely can be vaped or dabbed. If it's made using solvent extraction, especially solvents that are liquid at room temp, you can do additional filtration processes to winterize it. The resulting extract will not have plant matter and minimal remaining lipids/wax and chlorophyll. The amount of impurities will of course depend on how strict the filtration process was.

Of course the home made rso out right now is probably not using proper filtration methods to refine the extract, but I see room for improvement, especially for home setups that do not have access to the machinery required for other extraction types,

Top Bottom