Colie Glass

Anonymouse

Sith I care
From the video it looks like it functions pretty well and both perc seem to be firing nicely but obviously you can make your own conclusions.

Having seen that, I'd disagree. To me it looks like the inner circ is clearly firing dry. Use the playback speed control and set it to 25% speed, and you can clearly see all the water is forced out of the inner chamber

The problem is the holes in the outer showerhead are lower than the holes in the circ, meaning the only way vapour can exit the showerhead is if the water level inside it is forced down by pressure to below the top of the exit holes in the showerhead, but this means, since the circ exit slits are all higher than the showerhed ones, that the circ is left "high and dry" in the inner chamber. The air jets coming out of the circ may stir up a bit of water in the small puddle underneath, but they aren't blowing bubbles into it directly.

This could be solved by making the slots in the showerhead higher than the slots in the circ, though, which would turn this into a true concentric double-chamber, double-perc piece. This would mean putting the slits on the sides of the cylinder instead of the "corners" at the bottom (and probably making the slits short horizontal ones stacked-vertically tree-style rather than single vertical slits circ-style), but would mean both circ and showerhead would fire, fully and simultaneously.

If the inner perc was running dry I imagine that there would be a noticeable difference between the water levels on the inside and outside of the showerhead when he stops drawing or at least a period of time where the water tries to reach equilibrium.

There is a noticable difference, though. Try watching again in slow motion?

Also, if you look closely, even when the water at rest in the vid, the circ slits are only just barely below the water level. There's not even enough in there to properly submerge the circ when the water is at rest, in this particular video example, and it can't be submerged in-use since its chamber level lowers so the outer one can rise.

Man that is a sick piece, my ideal height.

And since the mouthpiece is removable, it can easily be adapted to anyone's ideal height. Or the same piece can be your "ideal height" (and ideal angle, spacing, etc) whether sitting on the floor, sitting at a desk, or sitting in an armchair/recliner, despite all these situations varying with posture and personal preference, just by having alternative mouthpieces for each.

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
All of this is very theoretical which is why I clearly stated my thoughts were opinions and not facts so I'm not going to argue with you because we could be here all day doing that and it serves no purpose. Lets just agree to disagree and move on. At least from the video you can see it creates lots of bubbles and therefore diffuses nicely. I guess we can all agree on that...I hope.

Richy,
Reactions: mvapes

that herb guy

This could be solved by making the slots in the showerhead higher than the slots in the circ, though, which would turn this into a true concentric double-chamber, double-perc piece. This would mean putting the slits on the sides of the cylinder instead of the "corners" at the bottom (and probably making the slits short horizontal ones stacked-vertically tree-style rather than single vertical slits circ-style), but would mean both circ and showerhead would fire, fully and simultaneously.

That's actually a pretty good idea IMO. Not sure if banned members can still read post, but that sounds like an easy fix to more bubbles. From what I can tell, that inner showerhead does look like it's pulling dry once the hit gets going. I guess it's still dry diffusion like this, but seems like it would fire pretty similarly to if that inner showerhead wasn't there at this point:2c:.

No hate/downplaying of pieces intended. Colie glass makes some sick shit, I've yet to own a piece but have a lot of admiration for the glass being put out. Just that this one could be (seemingly) pretty easily tweaked for the better?:shrug:

that herb guy,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
That's actually a pretty good idea IMO. Not sure if banned members can still read post, but that sounds like an easy fix to more bubbles.

One other tweak that could be applied on top would be adding a second mouthpiece socket (ideally near the first one), that was connected to the top dome chamber (which is the same chamber the inner circ sits in), and the inclusion of an 18mm stopper (assuming the mouthpiece is 18mm). Then you install the mouthpiece in one hole and the stopper in the other, and by swapping their positions with each other you can convert the waterpipe from a single perc, single-chamber, low volume "flavour" mode to a dual perc, dual chamber "high diffusion" mode.

Two pipes in one!

(This could also be done to the pipe as-is, but without the modifications described in my earlier post, it would just switch between which one of the two percs operated, not whether one or both at once operated.)

oneinfinitecreator

Just got pics of my finished piece!

I went with the mini can showerhead but with some custom options to make it more suited for dabbing. My custom options were:

male joint on top
slyme highlights/dome/rim
2 hole diffuser a la Steve Beer's pieces

Andy was a pleasure to work with and the album can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/Xba9o

I'm pretty stoked with how it came out! Enjoy!

4ow7nyz.jpg

wrWzcZx.jpg

Jeremy Driscoll

I just spent the best week of my life loving my new bong from Andy. His customer service amazing. Never have I spent time talking to someone as cool and trustworthy as Andy. I purchased from him a 5mm double honeycomb with splash guard and ice notches. Simply a beautiful bong. With no carb hole, and using a slider flower bowl. I wont say how much he had me pay because I'm not sure he would want everyone to know what such a good deal I got. But trust me it was a good deal. It was overall cheaper than the discounted rate it would have been with an FC discount, and shipping-------Welll let's just say it is top notch. Never have I had such a pleasure of working with someone who truly is as excited as the customer like I have with Andy.

Andy truly made sure that shipping was a priority of importance as much to him as it was to his customer. In fact I think it meant more to him then it did to me that I was a satisfied customer who now knows after this entire experience that I can come to Andy with every and any need and I know I am getting Practically Perfect customer service and quality and savings that will make me the envy of all my friends.

I don't have pictures of the bong yet because like an idiot through fault of my own. I accidentally broke the HA adapter that came with it. But before even talking to Andy about getting a new one I already know that I am going to get a good deal, that is better than fair. I really can't recommend him enough.

Oh and I got a good deal on everything. With this purchase I got a beautiful bong that I will share pictures of. As soon as I get my new HA adapter I'm going to acquire from him and take pictures with it on.

I also got a flower bowl, and a nail dome adapter thingy.

For prices on what I paid for everything please direct all questions to Andy. I got such a GREAT DEAL that my lips are sealed.

That man Andy gave me such a good deal I don't think anyone would believe me even if I told them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the drag is easy not hard at all. Even with the HA adapter although some drag is added with the adapter not enough to in anyways be an increase that would be uncomfortable. I truly love this thing. The solid high quality glass really speaks out and very noticeably even to a newbie like me.

Sot he drag is not too hard or to easy, it is just right.

My only complaint is that I wish that Andy engraved his name or his company logo or name on it. Because with quality like Andy's I'm sure there will be or are many copycats who will use his name to sell their own made pieces pretending he made them because the quality is durable and high craftsmanship is shown throughout the piece to really make you want one of your own.

Richy

By the looks of things Andy has gone mini bubbler crazy and there are now two new choices of decoration on the mini showerhead and an entirely new bubbler all together.

Both of these designs are 5-6 inches tall and have a can size of 50mm. They are both made with Schott glass and have the same showerhead found on the original clear design.

custom_slightly_worked_mini_showerhead_bubbler_-_you_pick_color_a94875bc.jpg

The design above has similar slime style to oneinfinitecreator's custom piece but it also has some beading on the dome and the original showerhead perc. Remember to check the store page here for more pictures and any information I may have missed. The price is $130 with the FC discount in you pay direct.

sidearm_thick_mini_showerhead_-_alien_blue_glow_in_the_dark_glass_work_7f7bd787.jpg

This design has been decorated with "alien blue" glow in the dark accents. That's right, the handle and beading on the dome as well as the beading on the stem and mouth piece glow in the dark. Also the rim of the base looks like it glows as well. Same as before if you want to see more pictures or need any more info then check the store page here. The price is $135 with the FC discount if you pay direct.

Finally below you will see the latest piece from Colie Glass. It's called the "Mini Thick Bubbler" and it's at the incredibly low price of $40 to FC members. Because of this I made a post about it in the cheap bubbler thread which you can find here.

mini_thick_bubbler_or_oiler_-_removeable_downstem__cff9371f.jpg
mini_thick_bubbler_or_oiler_-_removeable_downstem__edc5b7bd.jpg

It's 5-6 inches tall and made with Shcott glass and thick German Lenz joints. It has a wall thickness of 5mm and is available in both 14mm(pictured) and 18mm bowl fittings. The downstem is removable for easy cleaning and the matching bowl shown in the picture comes included in the price.

Please note that the any text highlighted in white are links to the relevant pages.

That really is a sweet little piece. Hopefully they stay in stock and at that price. Definitely gonna get one of these down the line.

AdmiralAlpacha

Mini bubblers are my favorite type of glass, I hope he stays on this warpath lol

for $40 I can't say no

AdmiralAlpacha,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Just sticking a standard downstem in a tube barely big enough for it is actually a pretty cool idea. Never seen this design approach before. The tiny volume would give you a lot of pressure advantage drawing through a tight load, and would also mean those things would go great on the end of a whip in place of a dry mouthpiece. Not really even much point in "clearing" it, just keep sipping casually 'til the load is spent. :p

The one drawback is this approach is heavily limited in the maximum "diffusion" it can achieve, but that's largely a non-issue for vapouristas. The small size means they'd probably be a little clumsy with any unit that plugs in directly, like the Cloud, LSV, etc, but I think these'd make a great accesory for any whip vape. Next time you accidentally break a whip mouthpiece, don't pay $10 for a replacement, pay $40 for a proper water tool.

Anonymouse,

mlo4sho

I just got my 14" Showerhead Bubbler in today and I am very impressed with the quality of this piece. I only used it once so I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it but at the price Andy is offering this for it's just silly not to grab one. I can't remember seeing a price this good on a piece this size and of this quality. I'm very satisfied. Colie Glass is legit!

EDIT: Added a few pics and a short video. Sorry about the video... for some reason it came out a bit blurry. Will eventually have more videos with this piece.

JEpQJgN.jpg

6utf8Kr.jpg

d9e4kuR.jpg

rcozKzc.jpg

pa5GIAJ.jpg

ahNOowX.jpg

i8yDx1l.jpg

b0

Cloudy...
I really like that mini thick bubbler, I love small volume pieces and that seems like a really lovely piece :freak:

Airlesscoma

The key is balance
I think that mini thick bubbler is exactly what I need for my Q, Im gunna pick one up sometime soon!:tup:

Airlesscoma,

Richy

Hey guys, I just made this post in the Cheap Bubbler thread and I felt there should probably be a copy in here because I don't think any of you would want to miss this news. I hope I don't get in trouble with the mods for making duplicate posts but these are the sorts of risks I'm willing to take for my fellow Colie Glass followers.

Colie Glass have released a new matching ashcatcher to go with the Mini Thick Bubbler and it's priced at $32 with the FC discount when you pay direct. As with the Mini Thick Bubbler the matching ashcatcher is made with Schott glass and thick German Lenz joints. It also has a wall thickness of 5mm and the downstem is removable. It is available in both 14mm and 18mm sizes. Here is what it looks like.

mini_thick_bubbler_or_oiler_ashcatcher_attachment_-_14mm_or_18mm_04d9aa3f.jpg

Of course you don't have to use it with the Mini Thick Bubbler and can pair it with any piece you like as long as you have enough clearance. However you can purchase both pieces together as the Double Stack Mini Thick Bub for a total price of $67 with the FC discount when you pay direct. I have to say that personally I think they look like they go together rather nicely, here is a picture so you can judge for yourself.

double_stack_mini_thick_bub_-_14mm_or_18mm_you_pick_68db77c8.jpg
As always contact Andy direct to get the discount either through the Contact Seller button on the right hand side of the page in the Colie Glass store or I can give you his email address if you'd prefer. Just PM me if you want me to send it to you.

Edit: Shipping on the ashcatcher is $4 to the US, $7 to Canada and $14 for International orders. Shipping on the "Double Stack"(both the Mini Thick Bubbler and ashcatcher together) is $6 to the US, $10 to Canada and $16 for International orders.

As always any text highlighted in white is a link to the relevant page.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
How's Andy's work on Slime pieces? Ever since Toro came out with the goo I've been dying for one.

Top Bottom